Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 AM   #1
bingbong
Earning My Ears

Sea life Centre?

Has anyone been to the Sea Life Centre at Marne Le Vallee beside the outlet centre? We have three children aged 8, 5 and 1. Would you reccomend it for a break from the Park and a change of scenery?

Thanks
Cris
bingbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
Happy Tappy
Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates life for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
Has anyone been to the Sea Life Centre at Marne Le Vallee beside the outlet centre? We have three children aged 8, 5 and 1. Would you reccomend it for a break from the Park and a change of scenery?

Thanks
Cris
I went a few years ago. It's pretty much the same as the ones we have in England. It was good but I thought at the time "I could do this back home, I wish I was in the parks/Paris".
Happy Tappy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2010, 05:51 AM   #3
britchic4
There's often a piano player in the evening
Do you feel any different now you've been sprinkled with pixie dust?

We haven't been, but I haven't read good things about it on here - nothing awful just not particularly positive. The signs are almost all in French I believe too. (Not that I blame them, but might make it less enjoyable for you.)
Newport Bay Hotel 2004......Davy Crockett's Ranch Feb 2008......Les Etangs Fleuris May 2008......Disneyland Hotel Oct 2008......Holiday Inn December 2008......Disneyland Hotel March 2009......Adagio Apartments May 2009......Adagio Apartments Oct 2009......Cheyenne Hotel Jan 2010......Disneyland Hotel March 2010

No ticker!!! Sob sob.
britchic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

I thought it was pretty rubbish tbh.
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Tappy View Post
It's pretty much the same as the ones we have in England. It was good but I thought at the time "I could do this back home, I wish I was in the parks/Paris".
I've not been myself but my friend who went on free tickets that came with her package said exactly the same as you.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
bingbong
Earning My Ears

We're in Ireland so don't have a Sea Life Centre here (that I know of anyway!) so we haven't been but I think we'll give it a miss. If it's not a big 'WOW', then we'll probably only wish we were in the park.
Thanks so much for all your replies!
Cris
Old 01-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

If you have ever been to the place in lahinch co.clare its similar to that. You will see everything in 10mins.
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #8
bingbong
Earning My Ears

We haven't been to Lahinch Daiseyirl but have been to the Galway acquarium a few times and I think they're about the same size. Defo don't want to make the effort for such a short experience.
Thanks for that! I guess there's a reason I haven't heard others rave about the place!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 05:21 AM   #9
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

We went there. My DS liked it, I thought it was ok, nothing absolutely fantastic, but we were having a day off from going to the parks as we were there for 8 nights, so went for a day of shopping and a look around, so we went to sealife park. We went to Disneyland at Anaheim in December and we went to Legoland for the day and they have a sealife park there. I remember walking around there and thinking the one in Paris was better, but it was about 11 months inbetween the visits to the different Sealife parks.

Would we go again, probably as my son loves places like that. Was it somewhere I would say "Don't miss it".... no. But it was ok and if you are visiting and your children are into that sort of thing, then they will probably enjoy it.
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #10
ROBEAR84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post

Thanks
Cris
My DH and went there a few years back (albeit without LO's!) and we'd gone round it in 20 mins and felt like we should go round again to get our moneys worth! It's nothing that you can't do over here ~ and there are better ones here! If you LO's are really into that sort of thing then it may be a nice escape from the parks but otherwise I don't think it's worth it. ~ Unless of course they have seriously expanded in recent years in which case ignore me!! Have a great trip whatever you decide to do!

March 2004 ~ Holiday Inn ** March 2010 ~ Cheyenne
October 2010 ~ Cheyenne ** June 2012 ~ Sequoia Lodge
Now finally planning for our 2014 trip to WDW!

The 'I can't think of a suitably magical title for this TR' TR ~ Half term at the Sequoia Lodge ~ June 2012
ROBEAR84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #11
Lowen37
Mouseketeer

Red face Sealife centre

We went back in nov and didn't think it was worth the money. As previously posted it didn't take very long to get round and did think we could be doing this at home! Our dds were 3 and nearly 2 normally they enjoy that sort of thing but seemed to be more interested in the 1 euro pay as you go rides in the gift shop and getting back to Disney. It is very easy/cheap to get to on the train and there are loads of shops and restaurants around it So probably would be good for a break for longer stays at Disney ( just don't go on a Sunday as none of the shops/restaurants are open)
Lowen37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: