Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #31
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwsos View Post
Bobo912, I got relatively good rates (under $1,000/pp) out of Boston for my K&L on 6/11. I flew Icelandair (to Iceland!) in February and loved them, so booked my air with them again for this trip. It is a connecting flight, but the airport in Iceland is one terminal and very easy to navigate. I saved over $400.00 over the direct flight and I get to stretch my legs.

Dotti
Thanks, Dotti. I'll add Icelandair to my list of airlines to keep an eye on. A layover in Iceland doesn't sound too bad to me either.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #32
KidDad
Earning My Ears

Airfares

Bobo: I can't say we got great airfares, especially since we're traveling from California. I'm sure fares will be less if you're on the east coast, but seems like there aren't many deals out there for this summer. I checked out the discussion boards for United and was able to work with a great consolidator. We got non-stop to London and a one-stop return from Paris for $2476--that was more than $600 less than booking directly with United. And yes, we can make changes to the ticket (costs $50 more) and get miles.

The consolidator I worked with was:

Wendy at 817-939-0204

The discussion board listed several other reputable consolidators--I'm not able to include the link, but you should be able to find it if you Google:

List of United's Consolidators - FlyerTalk Forums

We'll be on the 6/25 trip, but would love to hear/compare if you go on 8/2. Regards.
KidDad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #33
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Thanks, KidDad. I wish ABD would offer a $500 airfare credit like they did last year. It was announced on 6/18/09. It's going to take a credit like that or a really good deal from the airline to make it possible for me to take more than one trip this year. I have to get my driveway repaved. It's reached the point where it's an embarrassment. I'm hoping it won't cost as much as I think it's going to.

Dotti - I priced a flight on Icelandair for me and DS and it was around $200 - $400 cheaper than the major US airlines. It was also cheaper than Aer Lingus after they add their enormous tax on. One thing I noticed about Icelandair was that their kid's fares are significantly less than the adult fares. I priced a RT to London and a multi-city to London/return from Paris and the kids fare was $150 and $200, respectively, less than the adult fare.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #34
wdwsos
DIS Veteran

Icelandair flies mostly 737's and they don't serve anything to eat (although there's a decent selection of food for sale for a reasonable price), but for a $400.00 savings, I figured I could pack a lunch.

Each seat has its own entertainment unit with games, TV shows, movies (around 12, mostly current, if I remember correctly) and music. You can control the TV shows and movies with FF, Rew, Play and Pause buttons -- you're not at the mercy of one central system for all. Overall, it was a good experience. I would have liked a little more leg room -- I'm very tall -- but it wasn't as tight as AirFrance or Alitalia either.

Dotti
wdwsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #35
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Is anyone familiar with the Marriott Rive Gauche hotel in Paris? I looked up the hotels for the K&L Gateway and saw some very good reviews for the London hotel as far as the location and the accommodations. The Paris hotel had good reviews too, but some of them were not very enthusiatic about the location, saying that it wasn't near attractions. Since there is more free time on the Gateway trip, that would be a concern. I admit that there were a lot of reviews and I didn't get very far into them, so I'll go back later and read more when I have time. Or just wait until KidDad gets back from his trip in June and he can fill us in on the details.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: