Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Question about Meals

For the dinners that are included with our trip, what all does that entail? Do we get an appetizer, main dish, drink, & dessert? Is the full menu offered or do we have just a few choices? Thanks!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
For the dinners that are included with our trip, what all does that entail? Do we get an appetizer, main dish, drink, & dessert? Is the full menu offered or do we have just a few choices? Thanks!
Which trip are you taking? On our trips most of the meals were buffets. There were some that were family style and some box lunches. On both of our trips, the adult dinner on Junior Adventurer night we ordered from the menu. In Alaska we had our choice of appetizer, main dish and dessert from a small list of 3 or 4 choices for each. I don't remember if it was the same in Costa Rica or if we had the full menu to choose from. I thought the choices were sufficient.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
marcemch
Mouseketeer

In Germany, there were no buffets that I recall - normally just a subset of the menu. One meal was family style - LOTS of food! I never felt like it was not enough - I believe it was normally a choice of soup or salad, a choice of main course and dessert. Occasionally, wine was included, but assume that it's not (except usually for the welcome dinner and farewell dinner).
marcemch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Oops...I keep forgetting to mention which trip it is. We'll be on the Spirit of America trip. Thanks!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post

I think each trip will be slightly different based on destination and restaurant.

On my Trip

Dinner the first night was appetizers that were served family style at the table, we didn't get a choice. There was a choice of 4 different entrees for dinner.

The second included dinner we had a wine tasting with finger foods then went to the restaurant for dinner, we had a choice of 2 entrees

The farewell dinner was a buffet.

Dessert was included at all the dinners.

In reading various itineraries, and I may be wrong but I think the menus for all the included meals are limited menus.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #6
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

The only meal I've had on an ABD that was not a limited menu or a buffet was the 'Junior Adventurer night' on Southwest Splendors. We had our choice of anything off the menu at the Red Cliffs Lodge.

The nature of each meal depends on where you are, what activities they have planned, etc.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
Icemann
Dis Vet

First night in Philly the dinner was with a special guest and their were three main dishs to choose from dessert included, second night dinner on your own the Hyatt had good food in their restaurant.The restaurant at the Mayflower was excellent dinner was off the menu,dessert included.In between were meals were not provided the guides have a list of places to eat from $-$$$-$$$$ your choice and close.The dinner at Great Wolf Lodge was pizza 1st night and buffet dinner the last night which was very good.You are going to have a really good time
Icemann is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: