Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #16
MomToAp1699
Mouseketeer

Trip Journal and Countdown

So we are well past our 104 days and have actually dropped below 80 now.. So our countdown is really getting its workout.. We actually have two pages of countdown cause it I couldn't fit all the mickeys on one piece of cardboard and if I put them front and back it would have been too heavy.. Thankfully I took a picture right after hanging it up because our kitten has decided he takes great pleasure in attacking it and its covered with teeth and claw marks in mickeys that he caught a hold of as he jumped. I would move it someplace higher up but then the very small 11 year old wouldn't be able to reach it to mark off his days.. Soo.. teeth marks it is.. I will add some pictures soon when I get a chance

MomToAp1699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #17
MomToAp1699
Mouseketeer

Woohoo... my ticker just time traveled! Two days cut off our wait.. Since the new discounts came out today and still didn't help us much we had to make some decisions. Stick with what we had.. 20% off.. Change to the new room only discount 25% off which was only about 50 more dollars.. Or an all new third option that I hadn't even considered before and I am not sure why.. Extend the trip on the front end, so we can hit free dining by arriving on the 28th of October. So now we will be in Disney world for 12 days. October 28th thru November 8th and we get free dining. We will be upgrading to regular dining from the quick service plan. Now we do have to change our flights.. but since the free dining saved us 325$ and changing our flights will cost 225$ we are still ahead of the curve as far as money goes. Got two extra days and saved 100$ more than we would have without the extra days..

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #18
MomToAp1699
Mouseketeer

Hey! Someone read my ptr!

lol.. okay.. so I finally am trying to remember to update this thing and I am talking to myself..
Last time we went to Disney I bought about 100 pins to trade from a lot online.. We had talked about it and where not going to do it this time.. Just take the pins we had that where not our keepers and not buy more. Well I found a couple lots for a really good price.. and now we have two more days which are non park days ( tickets are 10 day tickets and we are there 12 days) so we will have time to wander around downtown disney, check out the hotels and just explore in general. This also means more time to trade pins. So once the refund from Disney comes I think I will book Wishes Dessert party and then put the extra money towards some trading pins !

Old 08-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #19
MomToAp1699
Mouseketeer

Why does my Dis Boards ticker hate me! No matter what I do only part of the it shows up! ANNOYING!

Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 AM   #20
MomToAp1699
Mouseketeer

Ah.. got the ticker fixed.. 71 days! Can't wait.. I know 111 days ago when I made my dining reservations it seemed like forever til this point and now we are here..But I am such a worrier and until we are there I will constantly worry about something going wrong. Something getting messed up, or some such or the other thing. I am so excited about this trip but the extra two days makes mine OCD go a bit haywire. I had to redo all my trip pages so I could add the first two days we are going now. I have learned if I use white out tape I can make corrections without the unstoppable need to rewrite it all. I would say that works about 60% of the time. The other 40% of the time if I change even one small detail or the paper gets wrinkled or messed up in anyway I would have to rewrite every single thing.. I wish I could avoid it but its a obsession I can't resolve.. Oh well.. I know.. boring crap from Valerie today..
So, I have packing lists and daily schedules and note cards and times and itineraries etc etc etc all in a nice little book with pretty stickers on the front and inside and the MNSSHP tickets each have their own nice little pockets. Its very.. ORGANIZED!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #21
MomToAp1699
Mouseketeer

Off Topic.. but since I am talking to myself anyway I guess its ok!

A few posts back I wrote about the losses we have suffered in the last year. It was a tough year and a long hard summer. Once again loss has touched our lives taking away another of our beloved family pets. Our cat Kovu passed away early yesterday morning.. Kovu had a long history of respiratory issues from the day we got him. He was a barn kitten whose owner said sure take him. She was of the opinion if the cats lived or died it didn't matter to her. So with such a hard start in life and being sickly from all of that we knew our time with him was limited. Loved him despite that and are broken hearted at the loss.. He wasn't like tigger who loved us dearly but was more like the cat version of an old man in a smoking jacket.. he was laid back and stogey but loved us all the same.. Kovu was a diffrent story.. he was funny, cuddly, sneaky little fellow who was constantly sneezing..
He had been to the vet last year after a severe health episode of respiratory distress and the vet told us he didn't believe he would make it a few days.. Said he had never seen a cat in his condition that he could do anything for. He made it nearly a year and we are thankful for each moment. A week ago he had another episode of distress and we treated him with the typical manner or reducing congestion and while he was wobbly he had recovered.. but then this past Sunday evening he seemed off again and was breathing very poorly.. As is the custom when he is sick I stayed up with him .. Unlike previous times he wandered around the house.. Hung out on the couch,, slept in his bed.. meandered.. not something he usually does when he is sick so I thought maybe it wasn't as bad this time.. I think maybe he was saying goodbye.. Early Monday at about 7 am he had wondered back to his spot in the bathroom when I heard him crying loudly.. I went in and checked on him and there was no obvious issue but he was very congested both in his nose and lungs this time.. I woke my husband and told him what was going on and we sat with him for a while. A few moments later my husband had to leave the room for something. while he was gone Kovu had a severe episode of distress where it seemed to me he couldn't breath at all.. I held him and said goodbye as he slowly faded away.. I miss him more than words but feel like a weight is off my heart. I lived in fear for him.. that he would have an episode while we where out of the house.. or even worse while we where on vacation and not be here to give him the the round the clock tlc he needed.. He seemed to only have that brief moment of pain before passing and I don't believe he suffered before that.. he even was flopping his tail all around when he saw my husband get out of bed ( he was daddies boy) So I know he was able to know what was going on around him and had him with us.. Its harder on us than him, I know that.. but I miss him so much.. two beloved kitties in 6 weeks right after two beloved family members is a lot to throw at a family..

Old 08-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #22
MomToAp1699
Mouseketeer

Pretty soon we will be at less than 2 months.
Made our extra dining reservations to go with our extra days. Decided which days we will be skipping the parks. The first two actually. Just how it works out. But we are ok with that. The first day we wldnt have much park time anyway. The second day just worked out as a day for exploring. So we bookef Chef Mickey for arrival day. Another Coral Reef. This time lunch for the day of MNSSHP. We are trying to get trex for the 2nd day but no openings yet. We also plan to cancel Kona once the Hacienda San Angel begins taking ADR's. Really not fond of the menu at Kona.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #23
RallyMonkey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToAp1699 View Post
but I miss him so much.. two beloved kitties in 6 weeks right after two beloved family members is a lot to throw at a family..
So sorry about all of those losses so close together, Val. Kovu was lucky to have been cared for so much.
RallyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:15 PM   #24
RallyMonkey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToAp1699 View Post
So, I have packing lists and daily schedules and note cards and times and itineraries etc etc etc all in a nice little book with pretty stickers on the front and inside and the MNSSHP tickets each have their own nice little pockets. Its very.. ORGANIZED!
Ahhhh, I wish I could be so organized!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:56 AM   #25
MomToAp1699
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMonkey View Post
So sorry about all of those losses so close together, Val. Kovu was lucky to have been cared for so much.
Thanks Brandy.. the house seems so empty with only one kitty

Old 08-26-2010, 07:07 AM   #26
wannabeinfl
Earning My Ears

Your trip is totally coming together.. Will me waiting to see pictures
wannabeinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #27
MomToAp1699
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeinfl View Post
Your trip is totally coming together.. Will me waiting to see pictures
Thanks. It really is. I am slighly overwhelmed at the large number of days lol. Should be PLENTY pics from a 12 day trip lol

Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 PM   #28
MomToAp1699
Mouseketeer

Got some stuff for the trip today. Bought some trading pins and got some reuseable disney bags for the halloween party.. I know they give you bags but we wanted to have our own and they are cheap.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:49 PM   #29
RallyMonkey
Mouseketeer

Awesome. What do the bags look like?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #30
MomToAp1699
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMonkey View Post
Awesome. What do the bags look like?
I got two Halloween theme ones for me and Jason.. orange and black with the characters in Halloween styles.. and then a Nightmare before Christmas one for Alex with a big Jack Skellington on it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: