Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #61
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pixiedust1438* View Post
Yay for getting so much done! Can't wait to see the welcome packets, I think I want to make some too, so I would love to see pictures. I can't wait to hear all about your planning session! What are your plans to do while you are there, besides the wedding planning!?
Thanks so much for reading! I am in the process of getting the welcome packet together but will definitely post pics as soon as I can
Old 04-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #62
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

So now I am totally caught up! Your engagement story is so adorable - it completely made me teary!

I hope you have an awesome time at your planning session!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Makes sure if there are any specific cake flavors you want to try to request them for the tasting.

Also there seems to be some debate as to whether or not you can pay to have a mock up of your floral done. I would def ask about it - at least for your personal floral. If they are willing to do it - trust me it would be worth every penny.

If you get Laura please tell her I said hi!

Have fun!!!!

- Cassie
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #63
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Thank you!

Those are great tips and I will definitely mention those to my wedding planner, I have a call with her tomorrow morning
Old 04-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #64
princesslauren6
Earning My Ears

you look like a total princess in your dress!! its gorgeous!!!

cant wat to hear more!! have fun at your planning session!!!

xxxx

princesslauren6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #65
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslauren6 View Post
you look like a total princess in your dress!! its gorgeous!!!

cant wat to hear more!! have fun at your planning session!!!

xxxx
Thank you! I actually had a bit of a freak out session in February since the dress was not in Chicago with me. But now I am very happy with it

We have our planning session in three days i can't believe it is so soon! I'm very excited and will definitely post some pics
Old 04-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #66
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Rehearsal Dinner News PICTURES

So I got to talk to my NEW wedding planner today...keyword being new

Apparently there are so many weddings on 10.10.10 that they had to do some re-organizng. I don't mind much but my old wedding planner is still going to do my PS on Friday since it was already booked and my new Wedding planner has a wedding that day. Thankfully it is in the WP so she can stop by. Honestly i'm cool with it I just would like to at least meet her

The call went really well oherwise, and we discussed the Rehearsal Dinner. Since I stole Alex's idea for the Napa Room (his 1st choice) for the Reception I told him to think of other ideas. His Dad really wants to do a slideshow so a private room is a preference. They suggested the Attic and the Nutcracker ballroom at the Contemporary which I had never thought of. I really like the Attic since it's got a very homely feel to it and am not a fan of ballrooms so hopefully we will go with the Attic (min is 2500 and we would have about 25 people)

Here are some pictures! I think it will be really cool AND BONUS!! We can see Illuminations from the patio!

They emailed the menus over and we are going to take a look at them!

Last edited by DisneyDiva84; 04-06-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: adding
DisneyDiva84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #67
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Oh a rehearsal dinner at the Attic would be so lovely! I'm glad everything worked out for the planning session. I can't wait to read all about the trip!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #68
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
Oh a rehearsal dinner at the Attic would be so lovely! I'm glad everything worked out for the planning session. I can't wait to read all about the trip!
Thank you! I think it's actually going to work out really well, loving the future in-laws for agreeing to it

Definitely will be posting pictures from the Planning Session, I can't wait, it's crazy to think it's only a few days away!!!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #69
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Leaving for my PS!

Leaving for the Planning Session today!!!

Cannot wait! I'm so excited for our PS tomorrow! I promise to give all the details and pictures as soon as I get back!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #70
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiva84 View Post
Leaving for the Planning Session today!!!

Cannot wait! I'm so excited for our PS tomorrow! I promise to give all the details and pictures as soon as I get back!
Have a great time!!! Also, I LOVE the Attic, I think it would be a perfect choice for your rehearsal dinner.
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #71
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Planning Session Trip Report! (with pics!)

Hey everyone!

I'm back! Though I gotta say I wish we weren't. It was so beautiful there per the usual But I really love being there. Currently I'm just trying to catch up

Let's get started then!

DAY 1- Studios/Francks!/and Magic Kingdom

We arrived at Pop Century and I was so happy to see that we were in the 1950's building! Lady and the Tramp were right outside our window

And for breakfast what better than Mickey Rice Krispy Treats? We love them

So after that we headed out to Studios!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #72
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Day 1: Studios!

Moving on to Studios!

First things first...we exchanged our awesome gifts from DFTW I was so excited to get started!

Since I used to work in Tower/Coaster/and Fant I am not a huge Coaster fan...you hear the same six songs for 8 months straight its bond to happen however...Alex loves it so we went on anyway

Then at Tower we ran into a lot of our friends who work there full time. One was kind enough to let us ride by ourselves. It was pretty funny watching the look on everyone's faces who were still in the line. They were like dude? what is going on here I loved it! Alex got to ride by himself all the time when he worked there after the shift but it was my first time so i was going crazy

But enough park time! It was time for our Planning Session before we knew it! So off to the site visit at the Contemporary we go!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #73
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Site Visit-Contemporary

So our Wedding Planner was great enough to arrange a visit to the Contemporary prior to the Planning Session

Sonoma Room views- Cocktail hour/dancing/cake cutting.

We loved that you could see Epcot from the windows

From the other direction you could see Islands of Adventure and Universal and downtown Orlando

The view of the room. Its all cluttered now but everything will be moved out for dancing! I am a HUGE FAN of having the dancing be at the center of view so this will be perfect!

Our wedding planner, MAXINNE, is in the corner of the picture. I still can't believe we didn't get a single picture of her together lol...oh well next time
We were so happy when she said she could still be our planner

Last edited by DisneyDiva84; 04-13-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: updating pictures
DisneyDiva84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #74
disneygal922
DIS Veteran

Hope you are having a fabulous time!!!

me (30) DH(30) DD(infant) minnie(3.5) fiona (3ish)
disneygal922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #75
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Day 1: Site Visit: Napa Room

Moving on to the Napa Room and the bridge with the view

The Napa Room will be where we will be having lunch. A few things to note about our reception which are AMAZING

1. They let us remove the desserts on the pre-set menu making the cost per person a little bit less (how much less I won't know until we get the BEO but lower) I figured if we are paying a lot for a wonderful cake, why would we need more desserts?

2. They let us combine the two minimums for each room so that we are making the min as a total and not seperatly this allowed us to have the bar offered in both areas

Napa Room!

We are going to have access to the bridge during the reception (weather permitting) But it's really gorgeous so fingers are crossed. And you can hear whatever is going on at the time in the park, so we could hear the Move it Shake it parade when we were up there

Some views from the bridge

Next up: The PLANNING SESSION!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: