Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #31
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiva84 View Post
Thank you so much, I am a big fan of it Literally I never believed anyone when they said you cant judge a dress on the hanger but now I can say that I am. Its so gorgeous on, it literally reminds me of the little girl dresses in the parks with the designs on the bottom!
That happened to me with my prom dress, actually. It was black and had this white insert in the center of the front and a silver brooch, and I didn't like it when I looked at it on the hanger, but it looked awesome on me, so I got it.

But yeah, you definitely look like a princess in it Yay!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #32
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Date

I am just way too impatient plus I am a terrible secret keeper when I'm excited about it. We are making our initial deposit on Friday and honestly I have my Dad's credit card on the form so we are pretty much set. Oh that and our planning session is in the works

Geez stop convincing yourself lol...

OUR DATE!

We will be getting married on October 10th 2010 (10.10.10 yay) at 9am at Italy in Epcot!

Our reception will follow with lunch in the Napa Room at CA Grill and Dancing in the Sonoma Room

AND I CANNOT WAIT!!!!
DisneyDiva84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #33
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

More yay! Congratulations on getting your date!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #34
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
More yay! Congratulations on getting your date!
Thanks we pretty much 99.9 percent have it so I thought why not
Old 02-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #35
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

Yay for getting your date! SoOoOo exciting! I hope your wedding is filled with lots of pixie dust!
I can't wait to hear about your planning session!
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #36
PixyDusted
DIS Veteran

You two are ADORABLE! When's your PS?

10-10-10 is a great date! Congrats!

Bloggin...
PixyDusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #37
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Planning Session

Planning Session!

So we booked our Planning Session! It feels so much better to know that everything is booked and I don't have to worry about getting everything lined up!

Our planning session is April 9th from 1-5pm! So the schedule should go something like this

Thursday: Fly in
Friday: Parks in the morning
Planning Session 1-5pm
Parks for a nightime show
Saturday: Parks
Sunday: Hair/Make-Up trial with Patricia LeJeune 11 am
Engagement Shots with Randy Chapman 2:15
Monday: Fly out

Note about the flights just because I think its crazy unlucky

I earned a free flight on American at work due to performing a very impromptu
Julia Childs impression in front of my entire Corporate Home office (that is another story) and at the same time I got a free flight on my Southwest Visa YAY two free flights, one for the planning session and one for the honeymoon!

You would think....

Turns out for the Planning Session not only do they not have my date for the American Airlines flight available but Southwest doesn't either (at least not for my time) So i had to end up taking the day off work to get my free flight to work on Southwest. The lady trying to book my flight from work was like "oh you need Thursday to Monday...I can get you Wednesday to the following Wednesday" To which I replied "no thanks I need my ACTUAL days" lol craziness i tell you

lol and they say free flights are a good thing I was so crazed at work it was just not even funny ha!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #38
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixyDusted View Post
You two are ADORABLE! When's your PS?

10-10-10 is a great date! Congrats!
Thank you so much

We are getting really excited!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:58 PM   #39
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about the flight mess... it seems like there's always issues with stuff like that. Plans for the PS sound great so far. It will be nice to do a hair and make-up trial and have a chance to meet Randy and get some pic's.
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #40
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Yikes its been awhile!

Sorry! Oh my it's been a long time!

I've been a little busy, Alex has been out of town so I've been working on developing a work out plan consisting of a little heat yoga...though why i do it I have no clue

Big news, Alex and I are going to start house hunting! Even though we hate the cold we both agree that quitting our jobs to move to sunny weather is just not worth it in this economy

So a house hunting we will go! We have an appoitment this Sunday. I am actually a little excited about it not going to lie

AND I picked out a gift for my Dear Dad!

He loves Harley's and actually has one so I figured what better gift to give him then cufflinks to wear the day he walks me down the aisle? I'm going to give them to him right after he sees me the day of. I think he will love them and BONUS they were 150.00 on the site and only 10.00 on EBAY!! Lets just hope they send them to me

But i love them anyway

More to come! Back to the Olympics!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #41
Disneylover79
I'm a cheap date!
Thinks Dr. House is sexy!

Hi there...I am not a DIS bride YET, but I wanted to let you know that your dress is beautiful, and that I can't wait to hear more about your plans..
Old 02-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #42
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover79 View Post
Hi there...I am not a DIS bride YET, but I wanted to let you know that your dress is beautiful, and that I can't wait to hear more about your plans..
Thank you so much. Since I bought it early its always nice to get little reminders that it was the right one. I had to buy it early so that i could have enough time for alterations and since those will be done in STL the dress is there. Which kills me because i wiould love to just look at it everyday

No worries about the YET part. I seriously stalked these boards for about a year before my engagement. And I can actually say it helped SOOOOOOO much. When we settled on our date we literally got flooded with info and thankfully I had a pre-determined idea of what things cost etc from other disbrides, so i'm happy to help in whatever way I can!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #43
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

You are moving full steam ahead! I hear ya though, cause that was me last year when we were originally getting married on the 10/10 cruise. I'm so happy you got that date, that is awesome!
I love your dress you look so great in your princess poses! Love the the BM dresses too. I suggested that dress to my MOH for her wedding on 10/16 because she just got a call from DB last week that they discontinued the dress she originally picked for us to wear.
That's a bummer about the free flights, but at least you are able to come down! Planning Sessions are the best, one of the best things about the wedding!
How exciting that you are house hunting! Jeff and I need to get on that, our lease is up June 1st and we want to buy a house by then.
Can't wait to hear more!
spacerangerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #44
DisneyLeah
Feb 2011 Disney Bride!

Hi there!

I'm new to your PJ, but just read through and wanted to say hi! Hi!

I love your engagement story! Congrats! Excellent date, dress, and plans so far! Good luck with the rest of your planning!

I'll start my own PJ one of these days! I'm the meantime, I'll be following along with you!

Leah
DisneyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #45
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacerangerqueen View Post
You are moving full steam ahead! I hear ya though, cause that was me last year when we were originally getting married on the 10/10 cruise. I'm so happy you got that date, that is awesome!
I love your dress you look so great in your princess poses! Love the the BM dresses too. I suggested that dress to my MOH for her wedding on 10/16 because she just got a call from DB last week that they discontinued the dress she originally picked for us to wear.
That's a bummer about the free flights, but at least you are able to come down! Planning Sessions are the best, one of the best things about the wedding!
How exciting that you are house hunting! Jeff and I need to get on that, our lease is up June 1st and we want to buy a house by then.
Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you! I am so excited to hear about your day!!! I can't wait to see the pictures! We didn't get a pic of the back of the bridesmaid dresses and that's my favorite part. I love the scarves in the back. That's such a shame that they discountinued her dress, I wouldn't know what to do

House hunting has been fun but I will warn you its crazy stressful. I feel like one day we are totally cemented on wanting one thing and the next day its like oh maybe its not important haha...just back and forth but I can't lie it will be wonderful to actually call a place home.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: