Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #16
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

Yey for getting the call from your coordinator! I have my fingers crossed that you can claim your date. My MOH is getting married in October back home in VA. I'm not a ballroom person either, although dancing is not a big concern for us. I will say that if you go with Cali Grill then it is a set menu and you do not get a food tasting. However there are lots of great non ballroom options out there so I'm sure you will find something that works for you.
spacerangerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #17
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pixiedust1438* View Post
Congratulations on your engagement! What a great story. Sometimes I am amazed reading what other DF's have organized for proposals! Yours is deff. got to be on top of the list! I can't wait to read more!
Thank you so much! It really was so much more than I could have ever wished for. I had known it could have happened that weekend but I wasn't expecting what he did at all and was truly shocked. I am working on getting the picture situation under control so I can post them here Discussion boards are always better with pictures right?
DisneyDiva84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #18
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacerangerqueen View Post
Yey for getting the call from your coordinator! I have my fingers crossed that you can claim your date. My MOH is getting married in October back home in VA. I'm not a ballroom person either, although dancing is not a big concern for us. I will say that if you go with Cali Grill then it is a set menu and you do not get a food tasting. However there are lots of great non ballroom options out there so I'm sure you will find something that works for you.
Thank you, believe me mine are crossed too! Things are in high gear given the call was two days ago ha. Oh well, its fun anyway

I think we are doing CA Grill just for the view alone since it will be so amazing to be up there during the day, but if our guest list gets much smaller I am thinking maybe Whitehall but that just feels too small. Living Seas wasn't available for our time but I'm sure whatever we will choose Disney will make it memorable
Old 01-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #19
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Locations are held!

Okay so I think the Wedding Department knows my number by heart but I can't feel guilty. I finally decided on a great location! AND BONUS they are held for us so we should be good to go!

We will have the ceremony (date to be announced when final ) at Italy in Epcot from 9-10:30

Then we move on over to the Napa Room and Sonoma Room in California Grill for lunch and dancing!

It really is the most perfect solution (thank goodness my brilliant fiance thought of it ) We will have the cocktail hour in Sonoma for our guests and so we can be announced by the DJ as we arrive. Probably will do our first dance in there and then move over to Napa for lunch overlooking MK. Then one last move back into Sonoma for dancing. It gives me a chance to have everything I thought was important without being shoved in a corner in the restaurant itself. And everyone will have to dance or sit at the hi-tops and watch us get down

So happy and excited right now! I am heading to STL to discuss the contract and such with my parents and i might even do some dress shopping but we will see. My apologies for the lack of pictures, I'm not too bright when it comes to adding them in but I'm working on it I promise
Old 01-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #20
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Hey, another former CP from Chicago! :D

Anyway, I just wanted to say congratulations and I'm totally subbing

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #21
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

What an awesome engagement story! I was there too but all the way back in corral h. Congratulations!!

And yay for another October bride! I can't wait to read more about your plans. Do you mind if I ask you want day you guys are hoping for? Or do you not want to jinx it?
Pirate's Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #22
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

YAY!! That sounds wonderful!!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #23
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

THE RING

So I apologize this picture is very blury, we must have tried a gazillion times to get a picture that showed how sparkly the ring really is, darn you apartment lighting

The center stone was my great grandmothers and was handed down to me when she passed in 2000. It was part of a necklace and I honestly never really wore it because I didn't trust that it would be safe. So it just sat in this box under my bed (for safety). My mom actually came up with the idea of using it my ring. Alex did a perfect job of picking a setting that fits with the look of the stone and I couldn't be happier. I love things that have a story behind them
Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #24
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Heading to STL!

Home for Wedding Planning! [/COLOR]
I am so excited, I finally get to go home for some wedding planning! Not to mention getting a chance to go over everything with my parents one on one. I think my excited phone calls might have been a tad overwhelming But they are happy and excited just want to get on the same page.

We are also going dress shopping! My Maid of Honor (best friend in universe) will be there as well as my Grandma, and my mom! It's going to be a lot of fun. We are going to a boutique first then to David's Bridal. The boutique sells Maggie Soterro which are actually right in my price range so fingers crossed i like the fit. They look beautiful online, has anyone ever bought one? How did you like it?

Then its off to David's Bridal to try on more gowns and place about 40 or so in my MOH's dressing room for her to try because i have no clue what to put them in

It's going to be a fun but crazy weekend and i can't wait. Lets just hope the train from Chicago to STL isn't delayed that would be a little unfortunate

I'll let you know how it goes!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #25
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

So many things got done in so little time!

Home in STL Recap!!

Wow what a weekend! Now I need to catch everyone up

First up: Photography
Since we are getting married in Italy, we have to use Disney Photography for the ceremony. Thankfully, they are offering a ceremony only package which although is only 100 dollars less than my awesome all-day photographer is still a deal. So for three hours my AMAZING photographer gets to take a break but for the rest of the day...RANDY CHAPMAN will be snapping away! I am so excited he had my date available and BONUS he might be able to do our Engagement session WOOO HOOO

Make-up/Hair
So I've done my homework and everyone and their mom seems to love Patricia Lejeune, who thankfully had my date open as well So we are booked with her as well for bridesmaids hair and my make up and hair, including trial run!
Old 02-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #26
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

can't wait to hear about it all!

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #27
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

congrats! excited to hear all of your plans!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #28
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

More news and a date perhaps?

So here we go BRIDESMAID DRESS!!!

My poor wonderful MOH had to literally try on a BILLION dresses at Davids bridal before we found this one. She walked out and I literally took one look and said DONE! This was considered a joke but I was serious. Its a dress that I would pick out for myself if I had the chance so why not??? I love it! NOTE it will be in CLOVER not Orange

It's chiffon with the two straps hanging down the back...love it! And i think it will look spectacular next to my dress! YES i said DRESS

So without further ado....

The Front

The back

If you couldn't tell i had a massive debate with myself whether or not to post a pic of my head on the dress...so here we go I want to make sure i get a picture with my bridesmaids and I sitting so i tried it out Plus I am a huge fan of you guessed it...Cinderella and always loved how her dress poofs out in the parks when she sat down...yeah i'm a big kid in grown up pretty dresses so be it

I truly love the dress and funny thing is had i picked it out of the catalog i would have never tried it on! The catalog does it no justice, in fact I hate to say but it kind of looks bad...shame on Davids but I still love them. The best part about the dress is that its princessy without being too over the top...and when the sunlight hits the bottom the dress sparkles from all the clear sequins and designs that you can't really see so its almost like magic

LOVE IT

Last edited by DisneyDiva84; 02-06-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: fixing pictures
Old 02-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #29
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Your dress is so pretty!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #30
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Your dress is so pretty!
Thank you so much, I am a big fan of it Literally I never believed anyone when they said you cant judge a dress on the hanger but now I can say that I am. Its so gorgeous on, it literally reminds me of the little girl dresses in the parks with the designs on the bottom!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: