Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,935

Solo trip?

................:

Last edited by thelittlemermaid83; 04-09-2010 at 11:23 AM.
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
Jeccaboos
it is worth going just for the view
 
Jeccaboos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 484

I KNEW you wouldn't last without going this year!
__________________
Aug 08 - DCR ......... Jan 09 - Adagio ........ Aug 09 - DCR ..... March 2010 - DCR......Oct 2010 - DCR
Jeccaboos is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeccaboos View Post
I KNEW you wouldn't last without going this year!


I'm trying my best, really I am
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
Carpgirl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jersey, Channel Islands
Posts: 229

Not wrong at all,but a bit of a surprise.

It has always seemed to me that you love seeing her in all her different dresses etc & her little excited face.

Why the solo idea? To do the bigger rides??
Carpgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpgirl View Post
Not wrong at all,but a bit of a surprise.

It has always seemed to me that you love seeing her in all her different dresses etc & her little excited face.

Why the solo idea? To do the bigger rides??
I would love to take her but there is no way she would last the Summer nights at 4 years old, and I really want to see the fireworks.

I sound like a horrible mummy don't I?
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
 
Ms Poppins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 3,235

Could you manage later nights by taking a rest/nap in the afternoon? We saw many with young kids in their buggy's.

I think on holidays usual sleeping patterns change anyway, and if it's only a short break, you'll easily get back into a routine when you get home.
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Poppins View Post
Could you manage later nights by taking a rest/nap in the afternoon? We saw many with young kids in their buggy's.

I think on holidays usual sleeping patterns change anyway, and if it's only a short break, you'll easily get back into a routine when you get home.
DD refuses to nap in the afternoons, the last time she slept in DLRP was in 2008 and thats only because she got poorly.

By 8pm she would a be so miserable it wouldn't be worth it. Plus i have only just thrown her pushchair away.

Also it would cost me a fortune taking her with me, she has become a worst shopper than me and I'm pretty sure we would end up starving as she would be spending all my money in the shops lol
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
Jeccaboos
it is worth going just for the view
 
Jeccaboos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 484

I don't think you are a bad mum at all.

DH and I have often talked about sneaking off on our own there so we could do what we wanted to do and eat where we wanted to eat without having to consider what it is like for two young children. My DS is not too bad but my DD would be horrendous at some of the restraunts that we - as a couple - would like to visit.

I would say if you get the chance, go for it - but don't let Kyra know.
__________________
Aug 08 - DCR ......... Jan 09 - Adagio ........ Aug 09 - DCR ..... March 2010 - DCR......Oct 2010 - DCR
Jeccaboos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #9
pyebibby
Mouseketeer
 
pyebibby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: East Devon
Posts: 386

I took a solo trip in December. I did find that i missed my children, i kept thinking of what they would like and spent ages in the shops choosing presents to take to them all!!

I wouldn't want to go again totally on my own as it was lonely in the evenings and at breakfast, but suppose it wouldn't have been so bad if i had gone with a friend.
__________________
Nov 2000 Santa Fe
Dec 2004 Explorers
Feb 2007 Explorers
April 2008 Davy Crockett Ranch
Feb 2009 Cheyenne and Sequoia Lodge
Nov 2009 Santa Fe
Oct 2010 Santa Fe
July 2011 Santa Fe
Nov 2012 Explorers
April 2013 Sequoia Lodge
pyebibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #10
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyebibby View Post
I took a solo trip in December. I did find that i missed my children, i kept thinking of what they would like and spent ages in the shops choosing presents to take to them all!!

I wouldn't want to go again totally on my own as it was lonely in the evenings and at breakfast, but suppose it wouldn't have been so bad if i had gone with a friend.
This is probably how i would feel, but riding Crush all day without a little person trying to drag me out the queue makes it really tempting
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #11
poppie123
Time for the dreaded hair dye me thinks
Crisps is mine, i just love them
 
poppie123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,880

Go for it Emma,

I did 1 night in December and absolutely loved it. I didn't feel at all lonely not even at breakfast. I grabbed a McDonalds for dinner and took it back to my room to eat so i didn't have to sit somewhere on my lonesome
It was fab just to wonder round and do what i wanted to do without someone moaning in my ear.

I am fingers crossed planning a couple more one night stays this year.
__________________
poppie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #12
Jeccaboos
it is worth going just for the view
 
Jeccaboos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppie123 View Post

I am fingers crossed planning a couple more one night stays this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
Please tell me I'm in the wrong for considering a 1 or 2 night trip in August without DD.

If i can find some poor soul to come with me would be great
You could have a child free, girlie trip!
__________________
Aug 08 - DCR ......... Jan 09 - Adagio ........ Aug 09 - DCR ..... March 2010 - DCR......Oct 2010 - DCR
Jeccaboos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #13
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.
 
Lisa_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ashford, Kent.
Posts: 2,093

Emma I'm there with ya! I've left the kids behind when I've gone to WDW so Paris is nothing LOL! If anything, it will keep the room cost down!

I'm buying an AP in July, so that will be discounted food LOL! And remember, I live in Ashford and you will be more than welcome to stay the night before so we really can be the first ones in the Eurostar terminal ha ha

Give me a time frame when you are thinking of, I'm going with the whole family in mid July, and for 4 days in November with my extended family (i.e my God-Daughter and the other Emma on my facebook

But I'm up for a "solo" trip (please don't make me do the Santa Fe ) so lets keep our ears to the ground for those offers!!
__________________

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #14
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_C View Post
Emma I'm there with ya! I've left the kids behind when I've gone to WDW so Paris is nothing LOL! If anything, it will keep the room cost down!

I'm buying an AP in July, so that will be discounted food LOL! And remember, I live in Ashford and you will be more than welcome to stay the night before so we really can be the first ones in the Eurostar terminal ha ha

Give me a time frame when you are thinking of, I'm going with the whole family in mid July, and for 4 days in November with my extended family (i.e my God-Daughter and the other Emma on my facebook

But I'm up for a "solo" trip (please don't make me do the Santa Fe ) so lets keep our ears to the ground for those offers!!
Could be a offsite jobby the way the prices are going in August.

I saw the Kyraid for £179 for 2 nights which i guess isn't bad seeing the Santa Fe was over £300

I seriously need a DLP fix
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #15
poppie123
Time for the dreaded hair dye me thinks
Crisps is mine, i just love them
 
poppie123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,880

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
Could be a offsite jobby the way the prices are going in August.

Santa Fe was over £300


Don't think i will be going in August then !!!
__________________
poppie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL** taswira Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers 677 11-22-2014 11:27 AM
I'm Back to a SOLO in Search of HOT ITALIANS updated 1/30/2010 englishrose47 Completed Trip Reports 746 02-18-2010 06:42 PM
Going Solo Jan 23rd - 29th. Looking for a Park or ADR buddy! Pinkdiamond816 Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers 4 01-22-2010 01:13 AM
Hey adults and solos the last week in January!!! A-Jay Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers 11 01-19-2010 08:26 PM
BWI or POLY for solo? GaSleepingBeautyFan Disney Resorts 7 01-18-2010 05:59 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.