Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #121
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Before you call me a resort snob, do yourself a favor and reread my posts and what they were in respond to. I responded to the ignorance of stating that bus shades and fridges will make value a moderate. If not liking value makes me a snob then yes, I am. I prefer to pay a bit more and get much more, sue me.

Where did anyone say that adding those things would make them a moderate. People were answering the ops question and said those things should be added to the values as they are pretty much standard at all hotels that compare to moderates. You seem to take offence to that and started to put down the values.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #122
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Where did anyone say that adding those things would make them a moderate. People were answering the ops question and said those things should be added to the values as they are pretty much standard at all hotels that compare to moderates. You seem to take offence to that and started to put down the values.
Posts #59 and #62 and between those someone else got the same point as me and pretty much bounced on the same ignorant wall.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #123
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I would add shaded areas to the value resort bus stops because the heat while waiting is one of my biggest gripes at the Allstars. I don't see how shade at a bus stop would turn a value into a moderate.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #124
DisneyBamaFan
Alabama - 2009 National Champions

Quote:
Before you call me a resort snob, do yourself a favor and reread my posts and what they were in respond to. I responded to the ignorance of stating that bus shades and fridges will make value a moderate. If not liking value makes me a snob then yes, I am. I prefer to pay a bit more and get much more, sue me.
Nah, as long as you don't look down your nose at the people who prefer value resorts, you wouldn't qualify as a resort snob in my book.

When I want more, I pay for it. We have stayed in most of the resorts at every level, and each has been great in its own way. When I want an inexpensive vacation, I stay at the value resorts. I don't expect as much from the value resorts. (Still, it wouldn't cost much to put up shade sails. ) I am fine without them, but I am young and strong. I can see how it might be a bit more of a concern to the infirm...
DisneyBamaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #125
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBamaFan View Post
Nah, as long as you don't look down your nose at the people who prefer value resorts, you wouldn't qualify as a resort snob in my book.

When I want more, I pay for it. We have stayed in most of the resorts at every level, and each has been great in its own way. When I want an inexpensive vacation, I stay at the value resorts. I don't expect as much from the value resorts. (Still, it wouldn't cost much to put up shade sails. ) I am fine without them, but I am young and strong. I can see how it might be a bit more of a concern to the infirm...
Exactly !!!

HO HO HO
Old 01-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #126
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Posts #59 and #62 and between those someone else got the same point as me and pretty much bounced on the same ignorant wall.

If you also go back and read some of those post, I disagreed with that poster as did others. Your started to comment on the makeup of the value resorts and the "basic" nature. People showed you how this was wrong, yet you still disagreed with them.

Perhaps it wasn't your intent, but the way your phrased your responses made you sound like a resort snob. No one said you (or anyone else) has to like all the resorts but when people make things up that are not true, they are going to get called on it.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #127
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly !!!
Quote:
If you also go back and read some of those post, I disagreed with that poster as did others. Your started to comment on the makeup of the value resorts and the "basic" nature. People showed you how this was wrong, yet you still disagreed with them.

Perhaps it wasn't your intent, but the way your phrased your responses made you sound like a resort snob. No one said you (or anyone else) has to like all the resorts but when people make things up that are not true, they are going to get called on it.
I like strawberries!

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS10
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #128
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
I like strawberries!
Lets add them too!

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #129
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

I'm going to move this over to the theme parks community board.

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #130
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
I'm going to move this over to the theme parks community board.
I am shocked this thread got moved.....and not Closed.

Loosening the belt I see.

OK.... let's get back to the topic of why Values are just beds, and Moderates are so much more..... I mean....What would you do if your were VP of Guest Comfort.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS10
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #131
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:

"Basic" is a word that describes value or 2*s resorts, it is a termin widely used, not "made up", well I provided link before, and pretty much can post a link from every travel site to support what I already said. You can still love resort, different people, different taste but do not lie to yourself that higher level resorts are not better in ammenities and other things, you may not like/want what they provide but they do provide much more and you get exactly what you pay for. You said you would get rid of labels Value, Moderate and Deluxe, so nobody would be able to be a snob. Do you really think people will not figure out difference between Poly and POP? Sorry but it sounds like denial to me.
And as for twisting my words(by other poster, not you), and calling me names, it does not support a point, only shows opponent weakness and lack of skills to have a discussion insted of fight.

HO HO HO
Old 01-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #132
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
"Basic" is a word that describes value or 2*s resorts, it is a termin widely used, not "made up", well I provided link before, and pretty much can post a link from every travel site to support what I already said. You can still love resort, different people, different taste but do not lie to yourself that higher level resorts are not better in ammenities and other things, you may not like/want what they provide but they do provide much more and you get exactly what you pay for. You said you would get rid of labels Value, Moderate and Deluxe, so nobody would be able to be a snob. Do you really think people will not figure out difference between Poly and POP? Sorry but it sounds like denial to me.
And as for twisting my words(by other poster, not you), and calling me names, it does not support a point, only shows opponent weakness and lack of skills to have a discussion insted of fight.

You're not getting it.

I never said that higher level resorts provide more amenities. I, and others, disputed your claim that values, such as POP, don't give you things like trees, quiet areas, shade, etc. In fact you implied that the most exciting thing was to sit and count the red cars in the parking lot. That is why I feel that you are looking down your nose at the values.

Again, the comment about adding those two basic amenities, fridge and free WiFi, was in response to the OPs question. The suggestion to get rid of the labels was made in jest, at the expense of those who look down on lower level resorts.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #133
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're not getting it.

I never said that higher level resorts provide more amenities. I, and others, disputed your claim that values, such as POP, don't give you things like trees, quiet areas, shade, etc. In fact you implied that the most exciting thing was to sit and count the red cars in the parking lot. That is why I feel that you are looking down your nose at the values.

Again, the comment about adding those two basic amenities, fridge and free WiFi, was in response to the OPs question. The suggestion to get rid of the labels was made in jest, at the expense of those who look down on lower level resorts.
My whole respond was in respond to that post, poster claimed no difference in resorts, same trees, same beds and so on, and this is why I showed the difference, since we were talking about values, I illustrated my point from value side but it was all part of the same story. Values trees do not give shade to walkways, there are no secluded seating areas like "Parrot Island" in CBR, there is no arguing here they buit differently, you cannot say it is not true. Those are parts of lanscaping and design and this is one of major separation of value and moderate by book. Not that they do not have trees but they do not have enough/wrong kind to create a shade when you compare. The activities provided available only at ASMU or ASMO, not sure, not other 3 resorts. I stayed at POP in 2008, we had no activities at all(I am not counting pool, it is given). That is why I said, to me POP was a disaster, since we spend lots of time in resort, yet I never said anything bad about people who stays there, different needs/wants. Sure if you take a separate post and read it without background you will get impression that it was nose downing and that is why I say read the whole story. I felt snobizm toward moderates and Deluxe and this is why I continued the conversation and I must say at some point, I belive my oponent lost the thread of original argument and started twisting my words and getting personal on me and that is when all argument got lost completely. Although my words were twisted, I never suggested any dramatic changes except adding WiFi and fridges, yet the other poster blamed me in wanting to change values to the point when you cannot recognize it anymore, go figure. Just to make it clear, I do believe, you get what you paid for and I do believe people have different needs and so are free to get what they want. I do not like value at all, so I do pay more to get more but I do not look down at anyone who does not.

HO HO HO
Old 01-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #134
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

All right, break it up already! We get it.

I agree with the free WiFi. There's no reason Disney can't have amenities that equal lower-end hotels have in all their resorts, like WiFi and movies on demand. I've never stayed in a moderate or deluxe (no, wait, what was Disney Institute? That was nice), but I sure hope to some day! What could be improved there? Additional larger rooms/family suites? More food choices? I realize it's not really "comfort," but it would be nice to have a more standard cost structure for the rooms -- not so many price changes within categories. It can be really tough to understand how much an individual resort will cost! What else could you improve now that I've promoted you?

Erin

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:22 AM   #135
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
What could be improved there? Additional larger rooms/family suites?
Ah, gee - there's one nobody's mentioned (and I'm pretty sure I've read the entire thread) - more family suites!!!!! Okay, erincon23 - you're hired
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: