Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #106
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
No one said that those additions would bring them to a moderate level. People have argued two things:

  1. Add those things because you are the new vp
  2. add those things because pretty much every hotel that falls in this class provides those amenities now.
Someone here pointed that if you upgrade rooms with fridges and WiFi, people will not pay for Moderates then, so this is why I illustrated all the difference between those categories and how upgrading will not make those same, that is all.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #107
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 13,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Someone here pointed that if you upgrade rooms with fridges and WiFi, people will not pay for Moderates then, so this is why I illustrated all the difference between those categories and how upgrading will not make those same, that is all.
The Queen size beds at CSR make a big difference to me.
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #108
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 22,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
When you need to do a general furniture movement to place an extra bed, size difference is very noticable. Trees do exist but very limited and resorts not green/shaded by any means. Activities, well movies played only at one of the resorts and if you call CMs playing in water with little kids THE activity, good for you, but my family does not have little kids so it is useless to me or any other adult. Sure there are activities like walking and watching oversized decor, but this is about it. I say exactly the way resort is, basic, nothing more, if you want to pretend there is much more and it is same as moderate, well, it is up to you.
There is no pretending needed, those are all real points. My view outside the room at ASMu was pretty much a jungle view! Plus, there were many adults enjoying the many activities they had, and they all didn't include playing in the water! But I'm guessing you didn't notice them.

You seem very biased against Value resorts, while I like all different levels of Disney resorts, for different reasons. Disney has it right, they need to have different resorts to fit different needs. And I don't always need a room that is only slightly larger than those at the Values. Or a few extra trees here or there. But I do enjoy the over the top, in your face decor of the Value resorts every so often. Why not have all of those options available? Just becasue you don't enjoy a certain type of resort, that doesn't mean it should be changed to the point of being unrecognizable.

Just becasue the Value resorts are not your thing is no reason to be so insulting of them. Some of us think they are great just the way they are!
__________________

Last edited by maxiesmom; 01-21-2010 at 03:25 PM.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #109
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
There is no pretending needed, those are all real points. My view outside the room at ASMu was pretty much a jungle view! Plus, there were many adults enjoying the many activities they had, and they all didn't include playing in the water! But I'm guessing you didn't notice them.

You seem very biased against Value resorts, while I like all different levels of Disney resorts, for different reasons. Disney has it right, they need to have different resorts to fit different needs. And I don't always need a room that is only slightly larger than those at the Values. Or a few extra trees here or there. But I do enjoy the over the top, in your face decor of the Value resorts every so often. Why not have all of those options available? Just becasue you don't enjoy a certain type of resort, that doesn't mean it should be changed to the point of being unrecognizable.
You right I did not notice any adult activities at POP, there were none. Where did you see that I suggest changes to value. WiFi and fridge will not change anything but providing what is already provided by most offsites on the same level. I do not enjoy value since I spend lot of time in resort, it is important to me to be able to rent a boat or bike or lay in the hammock(SP) or read in a shade or relax in a hottub. That is me. Just because I speak facts, does not make me biased against value, and just because you enjoy value, does not make them more then they are.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #110
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 22,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
You right I did not notice any adult activities at POP, there were none. Where did you see that I suggest changes to value. WiFi and fridge will not change anything but providing what is already provided by most offsites on the same level. I do not enjoy value since I spend lot of time in resort, it is important to me to be able to rent a boat or bike or lay in the hammock(SP) or read in a shade or relax in a hottub. That is me. Just because I speak facts, does not make me biased against value, and just because you enjoy value, does not make them more then they are.
I will say that when I know I am going to spend time hanging out at the resort, I do stay at a Moderate or Deluxe resort. I enjoy the nicer pool areas, and the surrey bikes.

But your saying that there are not trees, or a place to relax at the Value resorts is not stating facts. Saying there are only activities for small children at the Value resorts is not a fact.

Dislike the Values if you must. But please don't make false statements about them to suport your point of view.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #111
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 13,032

I think we need a VP of Guest Comfort to smooth out the tension here.

Can't we all just get along!!!

__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #112
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 22,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
I think we need a VP of Guest Comfort to smooth out the tension here.

Can't we all just get along!!!

Sorry, I didn't mean to take this so far off track!
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #113
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I will say that when I know I am going to spend time hanging out at the resort, I do stay at a Moderate or Deluxe resort. I enjoy the nicer pool areas, and the surrey bikes.

But your saying that there are not trees, or a place to relax at the Value resorts is not stating facts. Saying there are only activities for small children at the Value resorts is not a fact.

Dislike the Values if you must. But please don't make false statements about them to suport your point of view.
I state there are not enough trees to create a shade, and there are no seating shaded nor secluded areas to relax, exactly how it is false statement.
You keep twisting my words but when it comes to activities, all you can say "many activities", can you name something besides watching movies since it is only in 1 resort out of 4, I do not count spa/health club and night club of CSR since it is only at CSR. You can like value and it is OPINION, I do not like and it is also OPINION, however description of hotel, amenities and so on is a FACT and it is basic, nothing else. I really do not understand why you do not accept facts.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #114
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
I think we need a VP of Guest Comfort to smooth out the tension here.

Can't we all just get along!!!


You are right
I guess this is why they will never offer any of us this position, we will not come out with agreement.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #115
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 22,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I state there are not enough trees to create a shade, and there are no seating shaded nor secluded areas to relax, exactly how it is false statement.
You keep twisting my words but when it comes to activities, all you can say "many activities", can you name something besides watching movies since it is only in 1 resort out of 4, I do not count spa/health club and night club of CSR since it is only at CSR. You can like value and it is OPINION, I do not like and it is also OPINION, however description of hotel, amenities and so on is a FACT and it is basic, nothing else. I really do not understand why you do not accept facts.

There are more activites at the Delxue resorts than at the Moderates or Value resorts. That is a fact. There are more activities at the Moderates than at the Values. That is a fact. And I have never said otherwise.

However, there are activites at the Value resorts. Swimming, movies, bingo, scavenger hunts, those are the activities I witnessed during my stay at ASMu. That is a fact. As a guest at any All Star resort you are able to participate in all of those activites. That is a fact. Different activities than are offered at the Moderate or Deluxe resorts, sure. But activities just the same. There are all sorts of trees around the Value resorts, they are not "limited". That is a fact.

Maybe the Value resorts don't meet your expectations, but I enjoy them. And that too is a fact!

I have to say that the reason I am running on so about this subject is that I feel this poster doesn't like the Value resorts, and therfore, wants to change them into something they would like. And to prove their point has to put down the Value resorts, which really puts down the people that enjoy them. Should I then post that I think that people who usually stay at Deluxe resorts are wasteful for wanting larger rooms, or silly for wasting time hanging out at the resort when they have all of WDW to enjoy?

We can have opposing points of view without having to put down what another person enjoys. Done here. I don't feel the need to continue arguing.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:42 PM   #116
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
There are more activites at the Delxue resorts than at the Moderates or Value resorts. That is a fact. There are more activities at the Moderates than at the Values. That is a fact. And I have never said otherwise.

However, there are activites at the Value resorts. Swimming, movies, bingo, scavenger hunts, those are the activities I witnessed during my stay at ASMu. That is a fact. As a guest at any All Star resort you are able to participate in all of those activites. That is a fact. Different activities than are offered at the Moderate or Deluxe resorts, sure. But activities just the same. There are all sorts of trees around the Value resorts, they are not "limited". That is a fact.

Maybe the Value resorts don't meet your expectations, but I enjoy them. And that too is a fact!

I have to say that the reason I am running on so about this subject is that I feel this poster doesn't like the Value resorts, and therfore, wants to change them into something they would like. And to prove their point has to put down the Value resorts, which really puts down the people that enjoy them. Should I then post that I think that people who usually stay at Deluxe resorts are wasteful for wanting larger rooms, or silly for wasting time hanging out at the resort when they have all of WDW to enjoy?

We can have opposing points of view without having to put down what another person enjoys. Done here. I don't feel the need to continue arguing.

OMG, so stating facts put people down, then I am sorry. You do not seem to even read my posts, where did you see that I suggested changes
If you cannot stand facts or different then yours opinions, do not answer but do not twist my words, I am tired setting record straight, not worth it.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #117
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
OMG, so stating facts put people down, then I am sorry. You do not seem to even read my posts, where did you see that I suggested changes
If you cannot stand facts or different then yours opinions, do not answer but do not twist my words, I am tired setting record straight, not worth it.

Reading your posts is what makes it seem you look down at the value resorts. I believe the term used here is a resort snob.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #118
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Reading your posts is what makes it seem you look down at the value resorts. I believe the term used here is a resort snob.
Before you call me a resort snob, do yourself a favor and reread my posts and what they were in respond to. I responded to the ignorance of stating that bus shades and fridges will make value a moderate. If not liking value makes me a snob then yes, I am. I prefer to pay a bit more and get much more, sue me.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #119
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,192
DISboards Moderator

Come up with something besides Jellyrolls that remains open after midnight.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #120
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?
 
nmmom95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 2,775

I agree with PP's who mentioned WiFi and good coffee. I would also change the bus transportation to minimize wait times.
__________________
nmmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does WDW ever have refurbs in late September? ipodluvr287 Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 15 02-16-2010 11:17 AM
train to wdw mistee Transportation 19 02-01-2010 07:46 PM
Follow us LIVE from WDW 1/17-1/21 thepowellslovedisney Completed Trip Reports 36 01-25-2010 12:26 PM
GREAT New WDW Commercial WEDWDW Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 18 01-18-2010 09:54 AM
Help needed planning budget Dec WDW trip RIDisneyFan Budget Board 3 01-18-2010 09:08 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.