Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #91
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink13x
-Fridges, Microwaves, and Hi-Speed in all rooms. If you don't use them, that is fine. They are standard, like beds.
Well, sure - if you're going to 'fixed' prices for the resort rooms, I don't disagree with hsi in all rooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY
I was there and this is why I can say there is nothing there to do or enjoy, can you name any activities provided by resort, except pool and arcade provided by every resort, even the cheapest offsites?
Aren't there movies and activities at the main pool at one of the All Stars every (or almost every) night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUCKY
Sorry about that - I should have read just a little further
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #92
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Your question has been answered in post #85.
Pool activities is a part of pool experience for little kids(provided at all resorts), not much to do for anyone older then 5. Never heard of Bingo and never saw it as well(I never got a calendar of activities). Movie nights is a very nice touch but as far as I remember only available at ASMO, not at POP or other values, so what else? You said you found POP to be cool, your opinion, everyone taste is different but I really wonder what was so cool in your opinion since I found POP to be a deal breaker.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #93
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

I just found it on Mousesavers.com

The Value resorts are roughly equivalent to a well-kept Motel 6 with some theming laid on top. If you're going to spend all of your time in the parks and just want a clean place to rest your head, a pool to splash in, and some fast food, you may find the Value resorts satisfy your needs. Basically, the only reason to choose these resorts is cost. If you can afford a little more, I feel the Moderates offer a lot more for your money.

Exactly my point.

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwresortfacts.html#value

HO HO HO
Old 01-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #94
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Pool activities is a part of pool experience for little kids(provided at all resorts), not much to do for anyone older then 5. Never heard of Bingo and never saw it as well(I never got a calendar of activities). Movie nights is a very nice touch but as far as I remember only available at ASMO, not at POP or other values, so what else? You said you found POP to be cool, your opinion, everyone taste is different but I really wonder what was so cool in your opinion since I found POP to be a deal breaker.
What I liked about the POP:

The bus service (best on property I believe)
The food court
The theming of the buildings and pools
The nice walkways around the resort
The lake
It's convenient location
the friendly staff
The Staff in the food court dancing and teaching the dances.

That is some of the things i can remember off the top of my head. WE haven't been there in a couple of trips but I would be more than happy to go back. Especially if they provided a fridge and free WiFi. I don't need the covered bus stops because I prefer the separate lines for each bus.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #95
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
I just found it on Mousesavers.com

The Value resorts are roughly equivalent to a well-kept Motel 6 with some theming laid on top. If you're going to spend all of your time in the parks and just want a clean place to rest your head, a pool to splash in, and some fast food, you may find the Value resorts satisfy your needs. Basically, the only reason to choose these resorts is cost. If you can afford a little more, I feel the Moderates offer a lot more for your money.

Exactly my point.

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwresortfacts.html#value

Good for you but it is no reason to put down those resorts. I don't agree with your opinion or the one from mousesavers but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have one.

Many people like these resorts and find them much more than simply a place to rest, eat and sleep. We have stayed in two different moderates and spent a couple of nights in a deluxe and I don't believe the price difference is justified.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #96
idieh
Mouseketeer

I have a few...

Upgrade the quality of toilet paper in the parks and at the resorts! This one is self explanatory!!

Add a "Dining Plan Only" register at all CS restuarants. I think that we all have been frustrated being behind a DP patron that has no clue how the plan works (What's a meal? What's a snack? Why do I have to pay for that? Water is a snack!! I'm on the DP all my food is free! etc)! It maddening when you simply want to pay cash for a cinnamon bun!

Change the menu's at CS restuarants so they are a little unique! Selling the same food everywhere is boring!

Institute a repeat customer program for those who stay on property every year. Heck, even receiving a free "10 visit" pin would be great!

Doug

Our Trips
WDW 10/2003 ASMo WDW 10/2004 ASSp
WDW & DCL 1/2006 POFQ/Wonder
WDW 10/2006 Pop WDW 10/2007 ASMu
WDW 10/2008 ASMo WDW 10/2009 Caribbean
WDW 1/2010 POFQ
WDW & DCL 10/2010 POFQ/Wonder
idieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #97
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Good for you but it is no reason to put down those resorts. I don't agree with your opinion or the one from mousesavers but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have one.

Many people like these resorts and find them much more than simply a place to rest, eat and sleep. We have stayed in two different moderates and spent a couple of nights in a deluxe and I don't believe the price difference is justified.
Many people stay at camp site as well, to each its own. However if we keep minds open, lets not close our eyes on facts, you may not be agree with Mousesavers(however, it is proffesional opinion) and you may not agree with me, no problem, however it will not change the fact that value hotels provide only basics, nothing else. If you do not need anything else then sure you cannot justify price difference but I can.

HO HO HO

Last edited by KellyNY; 01-21-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #98
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by idieh
Add a "Dining Plan Only" register at all CS restuarants. I think that we all have been frustrated being behind a DP patron that has no clue how the plan works (What's a meal? What's a snack? Why do I have to pay for that? Water is a snack!! I'm on the DP all my food is free! etc)! It maddening when you simply want to pay cash for a cinnamon bun!
I see your point, but given the ubiquitousness of the Dining Plans, maybe it would be more efficient to have one or two "cash only" registers instead of limiting DP payments to just one register?
Old 01-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #99
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Many people stay at camp site as well, to each its own. However if we keep minds open, lets not close our eyes on facts, you may not be agree with Mousesavers(however, it is proffesional opinion) and you may not agree with me, no problem, however it will not change the fact that value hotels provide only basics, nothing else. If you do not anything else then sure you cannot justify price difference but I can.
That is the whole point of a Value resort, to provide basic services. Some of us don't want all of the extras that others do, or do not want to pay for them on every trip. Why upgrade those resorts to the point that they are not Value anymore?

By the way, it is the All Star Music that has the fun and games and movies by the pool. And as an adult I did enjoy the movies. It was very fun to swim after a long day in the parks and watch a Disney movie at the same time.

Not every resort appeals to every person. But don't make a resort over into something you think it should be, just because it doesn't appeal to you personally. Many of us love the Value resorts just as they are, and are happy to have a low-cost, basic option for our Disney vacations.

By the way, while I may consider a web-sites opinion when I choose a resort, I don't hold it up as the-most-important-opinion-ever. It is no more important than people's personal experience, probably less so, as most web-sites have an agenda of their own they are trying to press.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #100
KristenHoneymooner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardLarz View Post
2. A store at DTD and/or DHS that sells all the Disney and MGM Movies, even the ones that are "In the Disney Vault"!
I think that this is a FANTASTIC idea! The "Disney Vault" could be a super-special store at DHS, the only one in the world that sells all Disney movies at all time. That way, DIsney could say movies are in "the vault", while still making money selling them and making Disney fans happy by enabling them to get their fave movies if they are willing to come to DHS.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #101
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
That is the whole point of a Value resort, to provide basic services. Some of us don't want all of the extras that others do, or do not want to pay for them on every trip. Why upgrade those resorts to the point that they are not Value anymore?

By the way, it is the All Star Music that has the fun and games and movies by the pool. And as an adult I did enjoy the movies. It was very fun to swim after a long day in the parks and watch a Disney movie at the same time.

Not every resort appeals to every person. But don't make a resort over into something you think it should be, just because it doesn't appeal to you personally. Many of us love the Value resorts just as they are, and are happy to have a low-cost, basic option for our Disney vacations.

By the way, while I may consider a web-sites opinion when I choose a resort, I don't hold it up as the-most-important-opinion-ever. It is no more important than people's personal experience, probably less so, as most web-sites have an agenda of their own they are trying to press.

I agree with you that everyone has different needs/wants and for many value is just enough, esp. if people spend the whole day at parks, however my point is adding fridge and WiFi to rooms will not bring value to moderate level, to do so they need much more, basically rebuilding resorts to provide bigger rooms, plant trees, add activities and more.

HO HO HO
Old 01-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #102
kaytieeldr

Sorry, KristenHoneymooner, but I don't get the logic in that. I understand the desire, but either something is locked 'in the vault' or it's accessible to even a portion of the audience/customer base. It can't be 'in the vault' and be available for purchase anywhere (at least, anywhere official or legitimate). I'm not arguing with you, and as I said, I see the desire, but 'in the vault' by [Disney's] definition means inaccessible, not available for purchase anywhere.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #103
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
I agree with you that everyone has different needs/wants and for many value is just enough, esp. if people spend the whole day at parks, however my point is adding fridge and WiFi to rooms will not bring value to moderate level, to do so they need much more, basically rebuilding resorts to provide bigger rooms, plant trees, add activities and more.

No one said that those additions would bring them to a moderate level. People have argued two things:

1. Add those things because you are the new vp
  2. add those things because pretty much every hotel that falls in this class provides those amenities now.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #104
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
But Value resorts already have trees, activities, and rooms that are not noticably smaller. You keep trying to pretend that is not so, but it is!
Old 01-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #105
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
But Value resorts already have trees, activities, and rooms that are not noticably smaller. You keep trying to pretend that is not so, but it is!
When you need to do a general furniture movement to place an extra bed, size difference is very noticable. Trees do exist but very limited and resorts not green/shaded by any means. Activities, well movies played only at one of the resorts and if you call CMs playing in water with little kids THE activity, good for you, but my family does not have little kids so it is useless to me or any other adult. Sure there are activities like walking and watching oversized decor, but this is about it. I say exactly the way resort is, basic, nothing more, if you want to pretend there is much more and it is same as moderate, well, it is up to you.

HO HO HO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: