Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #91
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 35,384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink13x
-Fridges, Microwaves, and Hi-Speed in all rooms. If you don't use them, that is fine. They are standard, like beds.
Well, sure - if you're going to 'fixed' prices for the resort rooms, I don't disagree with hsi in all rooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY
I was there and this is why I can say there is nothing there to do or enjoy, can you name any activities provided by resort, except pool and arcade provided by every resort, even the cheapest offsites?
Aren't there movies and activities at the main pool at one of the All Stars every (or almost every) night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUCKY
Sorry about that - I should have read just a little further
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #92
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Your question has been answered in post #85.
Pool activities is a part of pool experience for little kids(provided at all resorts), not much to do for anyone older then 5. Never heard of Bingo and never saw it as well(I never got a calendar of activities). Movie nights is a very nice touch but as far as I remember only available at ASMO, not at POP or other values, so what else? You said you found POP to be cool, your opinion, everyone taste is different but I really wonder what was so cool in your opinion since I found POP to be a deal breaker.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #93
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

I just found it on Mousesavers.com

The Value resorts are roughly equivalent to a well-kept Motel 6 with some theming laid on top. If you're going to spend all of your time in the parks and just want a clean place to rest your head, a pool to splash in, and some fast food, you may find the Value resorts satisfy your needs. Basically, the only reason to choose these resorts is cost. If you can afford a little more, I feel the Moderates offer a lot more for your money.

Exactly my point.

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwresortfacts.html#value
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #94
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 18,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Pool activities is a part of pool experience for little kids(provided at all resorts), not much to do for anyone older then 5. Never heard of Bingo and never saw it as well(I never got a calendar of activities). Movie nights is a very nice touch but as far as I remember only available at ASMO, not at POP or other values, so what else? You said you found POP to be cool, your opinion, everyone taste is different but I really wonder what was so cool in your opinion since I found POP to be a deal breaker.
What I liked about the POP:

The bus service (best on property I believe)
The food court
The theming of the buildings and pools
The nice walkways around the resort
The lake
It's convenient location
the friendly staff
The Staff in the food court dancing and teaching the dances.

That is some of the things i can remember off the top of my head. WE haven't been there in a couple of trips but I would be more than happy to go back. Especially if they provided a fridge and free WiFi. I don't need the covered bus stops because I prefer the separate lines for each bus.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #95
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 18,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I just found it on Mousesavers.com

The Value resorts are roughly equivalent to a well-kept Motel 6 with some theming laid on top. If you're going to spend all of your time in the parks and just want a clean place to rest your head, a pool to splash in, and some fast food, you may find the Value resorts satisfy your needs. Basically, the only reason to choose these resorts is cost. If you can afford a little more, I feel the Moderates offer a lot more for your money.

Exactly my point.

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwresortfacts.html#value

Good for you but it is no reason to put down those resorts. I don't agree with your opinion or the one from mousesavers but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have one.

Many people like these resorts and find them much more than simply a place to rest, eat and sleep. We have stayed in two different moderates and spent a couple of nights in a deluxe and I don't believe the price difference is justified.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #96
idieh
Mouseketeer
 
idieh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 371

I have a few...

Upgrade the quality of toilet paper in the parks and at the resorts! This one is self explanatory!!

Add a "Dining Plan Only" register at all CS restuarants. I think that we all have been frustrated being behind a DP patron that has no clue how the plan works (What's a meal? What's a snack? Why do I have to pay for that? Water is a snack!! I'm on the DP all my food is free! etc)! It maddening when you simply want to pay cash for a cinnamon bun!

Change the menu's at CS restuarants so they are a little unique! Selling the same food everywhere is boring!

Institute a repeat customer program for those who stay on property every year. Heck, even receiving a free "10 visit" pin would be great!

Doug
__________________
DH DS Me Best son in the world

Our Trips
WDW 10/2003 ASMo WDW 10/2004 ASSp
WDW & DCL 1/2006 POFQ/Wonder
WDW 10/2006 Pop WDW 10/2007 ASMu
WDW 10/2008 ASMo WDW 10/2009 Caribbean
WDW 1/2010 POFQ
WDW & DCL 10/2010 POFQ/Wonder
idieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #97
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Good for you but it is no reason to put down those resorts. I don't agree with your opinion or the one from mousesavers but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have one.

Many people like these resorts and find them much more than simply a place to rest, eat and sleep. We have stayed in two different moderates and spent a couple of nights in a deluxe and I don't believe the price difference is justified.
Many people stay at camp site as well, to each its own. However if we keep minds open, lets not close our eyes on facts, you may not be agree with Mousesavers(however, it is proffesional opinion) and you may not agree with me, no problem, however it will not change the fact that value hotels provide only basics, nothing else. If you do not need anything else then sure you cannot justify price difference but I can.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO

Last edited by KellyNY; 01-21-2010 at 01:49 PM.
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #98
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 35,384

Quote:
Originally Posted by idieh
Add a "Dining Plan Only" register at all CS restuarants. I think that we all have been frustrated being behind a DP patron that has no clue how the plan works (What's a meal? What's a snack? Why do I have to pay for that? Water is a snack!! I'm on the DP all my food is free! etc)! It maddening when you simply want to pay cash for a cinnamon bun!
I see your point, but given the ubiquitousness of the Dining Plans, maybe it would be more efficient to have one or two "cash only" registers instead of limiting DP payments to just one register?
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #99
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Many people stay at camp site as well, to each its own. However if we keep minds open, lets not close our eyes on facts, you may not be agree with Mousesavers(however, it is proffesional opinion) and you may not agree with me, no problem, however it will not change the fact that value hotels provide only basics, nothing else. If you do not anything else then sure you cannot justify price difference but I can.
That is the whole point of a Value resort, to provide basic services. Some of us don't want all of the extras that others do, or do not want to pay for them on every trip. Why upgrade those resorts to the point that they are not Value anymore?

By the way, it is the All Star Music that has the fun and games and movies by the pool. And as an adult I did enjoy the movies. It was very fun to swim after a long day in the parks and watch a Disney movie at the same time.


Not every resort appeals to every person. But don't make a resort over into something you think it should be, just because it doesn't appeal to you personally. Many of us love the Value resorts just as they are, and are happy to have a low-cost, basic option for our Disney vacations.

By the way, while I may consider a web-sites opinion when I choose a resort, I don't hold it up as the-most-important-opinion-ever. It is no more important than people's personal experience, probably less so, as most web-sites have an agenda of their own they are trying to press.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #100
KristenHoneymooner
Mouseketeer
 
KristenHoneymooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardLarz View Post
2. A store at DTD and/or DHS that sells all the Disney and MGM Movies, even the ones that are "In the Disney Vault"!
I think that this is a FANTASTIC idea! The "Disney Vault" could be a super-special store at DHS, the only one in the world that sells all Disney movies at all time. That way, DIsney could say movies are in "the vault", while still making money selling them and making Disney fans happy by enabling them to get their fave movies if they are willing to come to DHS.
__________________
August 2012 5th Anniversary at IOA/US/SW/BG/DC
Grand Floridian Disneymoon, August 2007!
KristenHoneymooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #101
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
That is the whole point of a Value resort, to provide basic services. Some of us don't want all of the extras that others do, or do not want to pay for them on every trip. Why upgrade those resorts to the point that they are not Value anymore?

By the way, it is the All Star Music that has the fun and games and movies by the pool. And as an adult I did enjoy the movies. It was very fun to swim after a long day in the parks and watch a Disney movie at the same time.


Not every resort appeals to every person. But don't make a resort over into something you think it should be, just because it doesn't appeal to you personally. Many of us love the Value resorts just as they are, and are happy to have a low-cost, basic option for our Disney vacations.

By the way, while I may consider a web-sites opinion when I choose a resort, I don't hold it up as the-most-important-opinion-ever. It is no more important than people's personal experience, probably less so, as most web-sites have an agenda of their own they are trying to press.

I agree with you that everyone has different needs/wants and for many value is just enough, esp. if people spend the whole day at parks, however my point is adding fridge and WiFi to rooms will not bring value to moderate level, to do so they need much more, basically rebuilding resorts to provide bigger rooms, plant trees, add activities and more.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #102
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 35,384

Sorry, KristenHoneymooner, but I don't get the logic in that. I understand the desire, but either something is locked 'in the vault' or it's accessible to even a portion of the audience/customer base. It can't be 'in the vault' and be available for purchase anywhere (at least, anywhere official or legitimate). I'm not arguing with you, and as I said, I see the desire, but 'in the vault' by [Disney's] definition means inaccessible, not available for purchase anywhere.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #103
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 18,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I agree with you that everyone has different needs/wants and for many value is just enough, esp. if people spend the whole day at parks, however my point is adding fridge and WiFi to rooms will not bring value to moderate level, to do so they need much more, basically rebuilding resorts to provide bigger rooms, plant trees, add activities and more.

No one said that those additions would bring them to a moderate level. People have argued two things:

  1. Add those things because you are the new vp
  2. add those things because pretty much every hotel that falls in this class provides those amenities now.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #104
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I agree with you that everyone has different needs/wants and for many value is just enough, esp. if people spend the whole day at parks, however my point is adding fridge and WiFi to rooms will not bring value to moderate level, to do so they need much more, basically rebuilding resorts to provide bigger rooms, plant trees, add activities and more.
But Value resorts already have trees, activities, and rooms that are not noticably smaller. You keep trying to pretend that is not so, but it is!
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #105
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
But Value resorts already have trees, activities, and rooms that are not noticably smaller. You keep trying to pretend that is not so, but it is!
When you need to do a general furniture movement to place an extra bed, size difference is very noticable. Trees do exist but very limited and resorts not green/shaded by any means. Activities, well movies played only at one of the resorts and if you call CMs playing in water with little kids THE activity, good for you, but my family does not have little kids so it is useless to me or any other adult. Sure there are activities like walking and watching oversized decor, but this is about it. I say exactly the way resort is, basic, nothing more, if you want to pretend there is much more and it is same as moderate, well, it is up to you.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does WDW ever have refurbs in late September? ipodluvr287 Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 15 02-16-2010 11:17 AM
train to wdw mistee Transportation 19 02-01-2010 07:46 PM
Follow us LIVE from WDW 1/17-1/21 thepowellslovedisney Completed Trip Reports 36 01-25-2010 12:26 PM
GREAT New WDW Commercial WEDWDW Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 18 01-18-2010 09:54 AM
Help needed planning budget Dec WDW trip RIDisneyFan Budget Board 3 01-18-2010 09:08 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.