Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #46
BlueLightning
Earning My Ears

So I'm over guest comfort, huh? Well, here are a few things I would change...

1) Gourmet coffee set up in the parks for my Starbucks lovin' friends. Coffee shops now on Mainstreet and in Liberty Square, in The Land Pavillion, at Starring Rolls and in Streets of America, and on Discovery Island.

2) Free WiFi in Deluxe and Moderate Resorts.

3) Fantasmic! now has ticket machines located down the Fantasmic! main entrance road. In order to attend the first showing of Fantasmic!, guests must have a ticket - these are free and are received the same way you receive a Fastpass. Guests with a Fantasmic! Fastpass may enter the stadium up to an hour early... additionally there are benches and chairs installed throughout the entrance area. An area in the very center and bottom is reserved for Fantasmic! Dinner Package guests.

4) D23 Member Sections are now available so that D23 guests can have private meet 'n' greets with select characters. These would be open in The Adventureland Terrace, Odyssey Restaurant, current Narnia location, and Camp Mickey Minnie.

5) I'm in charge, so I'm building another track for the Monorail that connects DHS with Epcot. The line also connects with the Swan and Dolphin, Boardwalk, Yacht Club, and Beach Club. Why does this help with guest comfort? I can now use more busses for moving people waiting for non-monorail resorts, which can have huge queues at park closings (this is because I need less for the Epcot Resorts).

6) In addition to a Park Map and Showtimes flyer, parks now have a Quick Service Menu Flyer so that guests can look through the Quick Service restaurants and decide which one would be best for their meal(s).

There's my "comfort" ideas.

BL
BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #47
JDUCKY
Local Yocal

Great ideas but perhaps just one stop near the Boardwalk on that new monorail run. The resorts are so close together that multiple stops wouldn't have any benefit.

Would be nice for an Express Boat between Epcot and DHS, too.

Disneyworld? Not so much anymore. FP- has ruined the experience for locals
Disneyland Paris - First trip (part of Honeymoon) - March 2012
Disneyland - 1st wedding anniversary - Dec 2012; Road Trip July 2013; Nov 2014!
JDUCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #48
BlueLightning
Earning My Ears

I agree - one stop would do.
BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #49
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=BlueLightning;35073570]So I'm over guest comfort, huh? Well, here are a few things I would change...

5) I'm in charge, so I'm building another track for the Monorail that connects DHS with Epcot. The line also connects with the Swan and Dolphin, Boardwalk, Yacht Club, and Beach Club. Why does this help with guest comfort? I can now use more busses for moving people waiting for non-monorail resorts, which can have huge queues at park closings (this is because I need less for the Epcot Resorts).

AWESOME IDEA! I would like to expand on your thoughts, how bout expanding the monorail to the Wilderness Lodge resort. And make the busses electric instead of using all that gas which is not cost effective and it's a pollutant.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #50
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran
Dreaming of my Disney honeymoon!
Beware the troll dolls in Norway...they're creepy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhazhazsu View Post
1)A service which would allow you to rent Disney movies in the room, either a RedBox type machine in the resort lobbies, recyclable DVDs that erase after so many hours or a PPV type service on the resort TVs. Sometimes after a full day in the parks all I want to do is curl up and catch a Disney flick before bed.

That would be great! Maybe even the ability to rent video games and game players, my kids would love that for during some down time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhazhazsu View Post
2) A more flexible option on the dining plan. I love that some of the more popular TS restaurants are doing a " Chef's Favorite" type menu so people can try the apps, BUT I would love to be able to exchange my dessert for a side salad, or to order two sides, or an app ala carte, and not have to pay extra
( This is the main reason I am ditching the dining plan on my next trip) I realize this defeats the central purpose of the dining plan, but, a girl can dream
That would be wonderful! I'd love to have the option to choose an appetizer OR dessert for my table service meal. So many times I'd rather have an app. than dessert.

An option for two quick service meals and one table service meal per night would be nice too- one sit down meal a day really works for us but sometimes we want a quick service meal for breakfast and lunch. Right now we just pay out of pocket for the extra which is no big deal, but a big part of why we like the dining plan is having everything prepaid before we get there.

I'll agree with everyone who said upgraded bed linens would be a nice touch, at least at the deluxes.

I wish that internet service was included, but at the very least they could offer a better deal on it- either a length of stay package or at a package where you can buy a set number of hours to be used at your discretion- an hour here, an hour there, etc... I wouldn't mind poking around online a bit after the kids have gone to sleep but before DH and I do but don't want to spend $10/day to do so.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #51
hoverpumpkin
Mouseketeer

I also wish for either free WiFi or a length-of-stay deal. It doesn't matter that Disney's competition doesn't offer it - Disney has always been known for being innovative, and that's something that would make tons of people extremely happy. Especially people like me and SO. Some of us have to work on our doctorates while we're on vacation, alas.
hoverpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #52
robinb
DIS Veteran

First of all, I would upgrade all resorts to have what the cheapest off-property hotels have:

* Free internet in all resorts.
* Free refrigerators in all resorts (I remember when you had to pay for them at all resorts, not just the values!).
* Free coffee makers in all resorts.

General improvements include:
* Bottom sheets that are fitted.
* Pillow "menu" at Deluxe resorts like at other higher-end hotels.
* Shaded waiting areas for all buses and attractions.

DVC improvements:
* Add a sleeper chair to all 1 and 2 bedrooms and increase occupancy accordingly.
* Change Ethernet to WiFi. I hate having to bring a router.
* ADD A COFFEE TABLE TO THE BOARDWALK VILLAS STUDIOS!!!!
* Add a counter service restaurant to Kidani Village.

Restaurant improvements:
* Add another more affordable adult-only restaurant other than V&A's ... something equivalent to the the current 2 TS "Signature" restaurants.
* Add "Junior" pricing to restaurant menus or at least the buffets. $35 is too much to pay for a 10-year old to eat chicken fingers.
* Replace Atlantic Dance on the Boardwalk with a restaurant venue with counter service options.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #53
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Free WiFi and refrigerators in all resorts would be where I would start, regardless of the class of resort. There is no reason this couldn't be available to everyone.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #54
JERME81
Do what you like, Like what you do

I would probably suggest having some sort of frequent visitor program, and I'm not talking about D23. I think there should be some sort of special discounts or incentives for frequent visitors.

I also would suggest more restaurants. With the addition of the Disney Dining program I think there needs to be more sit down restaurant options.

AKV June 2014-can't wait!!
SSR January 2014
Allstar Vacation Home May 2013 & BWV Sept 2013
POR/AKV October 2012
CSR October 2011
POR/BCV November 2010
CSR April 2010
AKL September 2005, 2008, 2009
CBR December 2004
Disneyland Hotel March 2001
Offsite 1986

Last edited by JERME81; 01-20-2010 at 10:13 AM.
JERME81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #55
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

I would show classic Disney Movies at one theater in DTD, so kids can get the experience of classics like Beauty and the Beast in full size movie theater beauty!!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #56
JDUCKY
Local Yocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERME81 View Post
I would probably suggest having some sort of frequent visitor program, and I'm not talking about D23. I think there should be some sort of special discounts or incentives for frequent visitors.
Like the discounts/benefits of, oh, Annual Passes?

Quote:
I also would suggest more restaurants. With the addition of the Disney Dining program I think there needs to be more sit down restaurant options.
Totally agree here!

Disneyworld? Not so much anymore. FP- has ruined the experience for locals
Disneyland Paris - First trip (part of Honeymoon) - March 2012
Disneyland - 1st wedding anniversary - Dec 2012; Road Trip July 2013; Nov 2014!
JDUCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #57
hello kitty
Mouseketeer

Free mini fridges and microwaves in all rooms. A lot of budget motels have them and are cheaper than the values. Of course, they aren't located in Disney. Just the same, I don't consider mini fridges and microwaves a high end luxury.

Redbox or some kind of in room movie rental service.

Frozen Coke machines in all resorts. We really missed them on our last stay at Pop.
hello kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #58
hello kitty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
I would show classic Disney Movies at one theater in DTD, so kids can get the experience of classics like Beauty and the Beast in full size movie theater beauty!!
I love this idea!
hello kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #59
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
First of all, I would upgrade all resorts to have what the cheapest off-property hotels have:

* Free internet in all resorts.
* Free refrigerators in all resorts (I remember when you had to pay for them at all resorts, not just the values!).
* Free coffee makers in all resorts.

General improvements include:
* Bottom sheets that are fitted.
* Pillow "menu" at Deluxe resorts like at other higher-end hotels.
* Shaded waiting areas for all buses and attractions.

I have some questions about your improvements. If you added fridges and coffee makers to all resorts, would you then increase the cost of those resorts to pay for them? Ditto with the shaded waiting areas for all busses. If you have those things, you are pretty much making the Value resorts over into Moderate resorts. Would you just do away with the Value class of resort, or what kind of resort would you have for those who do not feel the need to pay for extras life a fridge or shaded bus stop?

It is great to say those things would be nice in a resort, but not everyone wants them, or wants to pay for them. You can't really compare an off-site hotel to a Disney hotel, because a lot of what you pay for at a Disney resort is being on Disney property. I don't think an off-site hotel compares with a Disney one, even if ithe off-site resort comes with a coffee pot and refrigerator.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #60
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I have some questions about your improvements. If you added fridges and coffee makers to all resorts, would you then increase the cost of those resorts to pay for them? Ditto with the shaded waiting areas for all busses. If you have those things, you are pretty much making the Value resorts over into Moderate resorts. Would you just do away with the Value class of resort, or what kind of resort would you have for those who do not feel the need to pay for extras life a fridge or shaded bus stop?

It is great to say those things would be nice in a resort, but not everyone wants them, or wants to pay for them. You can't really compare an off-site hotel to a Disney hotel, because a lot of what you pay for at a Disney resort is being on Disney property. I don't think an off-site hotel compares with a Disney one, even if ithe off-site resort comes with a coffee pot and refrigerator.
I disagree with the comparison of off-site to value. You are paying extra for the proximity and transportation but otherwise the two are very similar. Disney would not need to increase the price in order to provide a fridge in all rooms.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Last edited by declansdad; 01-20-2010 at 02:25 PM.
declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: