Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2010, 11:48 PM   #31
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
But that's the whole point of FastPass - to avoid waiting in line for two hours. Now, granted, Disney's original expectation was that Guests would spend money - shop, eat - instead of visiting other attractions; but FastPass allows the Guest to get food, go to the bathroom, visit other attractions... while waiting for the FP time, AND it avoids clogging up the waiting area.
True, but I am talking along with FPs. FP often has return time in couple of hours and you go right on a ride when you return. Still stand by lines are crazy and why to stand in line when you can do something else. There would be a very little of actual standing and everyone would be happy.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:30 AM   #32
JDUCKY
Local Yocal

Quote:
Well, first, Pop Century isn't always the furthest bus stop (at DHS, it's pretty close to the park entrance); but aside from that, moving walkways wouldn't work because you'd have to have SO many points of entry/exit, plus with multiple entries you'd have people cutting each other off...

I guess I'm not seeing how this relates to Guest Comfort : Guest wallets, sure - but believe it or not, not everyone brings computers on vacation, and so not everyone should be expected to subsidize the cost of wireless connection for those who choose to be/stay connected.

But SO much of Animal Kingdom IS the animals. It just makes sense to close the park at a reasonable time as far as the animals are concerned.
More buses = higher costs.

But that's the whole point of FastPass - to avoid waiting in line for two hours. Now, granted, Disney's original expectation was that Guests would spend money - shop, eat - instead of visiting other attractions; but FastPass allows the Guest to get food, go to the bathroom, visit other attractions... while waiting for the FP time, AND it avoids clogging up the waiting area.

I wasn't going to address individual "give us free wi-fi" posts, but... sure, HoJo's does. Many properties in the same category do. Higher-end hotels, and resorts like Walt Disney World, don't because, well, the competition doesn't. It's all about the competition.

Again, WDW is a resort, not a "cheap" hotel - and again, it's all about the competition. There's no reason for Disney to include Continental breakfast when its competitors don't. As for changes to the Dining Plan, well, Disney already offers three versions. Four, if you include "don't get any Dining Plan, pay out of pocket, eat exactly what and how you want". Remember, the Dining Plans are options, not mandatory.

Wouldn't work. You'd have to have (a) a cut-off time by which the purchase had to be made; (b) some system to collect purchases about every ten minutes; (c) some system to deliver to each resort every ten minutes; (d) a mandatory "you can't leave before ___" policy for the Guests; (e) a LOT more Cast Members - for collection, sorting, transporting, delivering the merchandise.

Sort of belies the definition and purpose of "in the Disney vault" though, doesn't it?

But Disney doesn't want you in the room relaxing (sleeping, okay, but not 'just' relaxing). They want you out of the room spending money!

Wow...someone's a "Debbie Downer", eh? This thread is about wishing upon a star if we had the power to make changes in the parks.

As for AK, so much of the park *isn't* the animals. FoTLK, Nemo, Dinoland, Everest, ITTBAB, etc.

Disneyworld? Not so much anymore. FP- has ruined the experience for locals
Disneyland Paris - First trip (part of Honeymoon) - March 2012
Disneyland - 1st wedding anniversary - Dec 2012; Road Trip July 2013; Nov 2014!
JDUCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2010, 05:40 AM   #33
Kumquatmelon
Desiring Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferyawn View Post
free Wi-Fi in all resorts!
Agreed, you can go to a simple motel 6 and they offer free wifi, but why do some of the best resorts, IMHO, in this country charge 10$.

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension. A dimension of sound. A dimension of sight. A dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into...The Twilight Zone. Hollywood, 1939. Amid the glitz and the glitter of a bustling, young movie town at the height of its golden age, The Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right; a beacon for the show business elite. Now, something is about to happen that will change all that. The time is now on an evening very much like the one we have just witnessed. Tonight's story on The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a maintenance service elevator still in operation, waiting for you. We invite you, if you dare, to step aboard because in tonight's episode, you are the star. And this elevator travels directly to - The Twilight Zone."
Kumquatmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #34
clandrum
DIS Veteran

I think this kinda goes along with the no flash photography thing. I think cell phone usage should not be allowed on the rides. Not only is it rude and distracting but it is very sad to see a kid trying spend time with their parents and show them something cool on a ride such as POTC and the parent is talking on their phone.

I would also like to see better kids meal choices.

1st Disneyland trip June 2012 PPH
clandrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:23 AM   #35
nicki.momof3
Addicted to Disney Vacations

Quote:
Well, first, Pop Century isn't always the furthest bus stop (at DHS, it's pretty close to the park entrance); but aside from that, moving walkways wouldn't work because you'd have to have SO many points of entry/exit, plus with multiple entries you'd have people cutting each other off...

I guess I'm not seeing how this relates to Guest Comfort : Guest wallets, sure - but believe it or not, not everyone brings computers on vacation, and so not everyone should be expected to subsidize the cost of wireless connection for those who choose to be/stay connected.

But SO much of Animal Kingdom IS the animals. It just makes sense to close the park at a reasonable time as far as the animals are concerned.

I wasn't going to address individual "give us free wi-fi" posts, but... sure, HoJo's does. Many properties in the same category do. Higher-end hotels, and resorts like Walt Disney World, don't because, well, the competition doesn't. It's all about the competition.

Again, WDW is a resort, not a "cheap" hotel - and again, it's all about the competition. There's no reason for Disney to include Continental breakfast when its competitors don't. As for changes to the Dining Plan, well, Disney already offers three versions. Four, if you include "don't get any Dining Plan, pay out of pocket, eat exactly what and how you want". Remember, the Dining Plans are options, not mandatory.

Wouldn't work. You'd have to have (a) a cut-off time by which the purchase had to be made; (b) some system to collect purchases about every ten minutes; (c) some system to deliver to each resort every ten minutes; (d) a mandatory "you can't leave before ___" policy for the Guests; (e) a LOT more Cast Members - for collection, sorting, transporting, delivering the merchandise.

Sort of belies the definition and purpose of "in the Disney vault" though, doesn't it?

But Disney doesn't want you in the room relaxing (sleeping, okay, but not 'just' relaxing). They want you out of the room spending money!
This is the most negative post I have read so far - hopefully you are not "applying" for the position of Comfort VP. WOW!
nicki.momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:30 AM   #36
triplejen
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yikes.

Really? In a fun, purely hypothetical thread for people to share ideas, the best contribution you could come up with a rundown of how stupid everyone else's ideas are?

August 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
August 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter

February 2012 - Hard Rock Hotel (Universal only - shhhhh!)
August 2011 - Beach Club
March 2011 - All Star Sports (ESPN the Weekend)
December 2010 - Polynesian (MVMCP)
August 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort / Beach Club
February 2010 - All Star Sports (ESPN the Weekend)
August 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort
triplejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #37
triplejen
DIS Veteran

I want to second (or third?) the suggestions about more variety on the kid's meals. I would love if each TS offered one (or two) restaurant-specific kids meal options along with the standard offerings.

Dining TS can otherwise start to really suck for a kid with parents on the Dining Plan!

August 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
August 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter

February 2012 - Hard Rock Hotel (Universal only - shhhhh!)
August 2011 - Beach Club
March 2011 - All Star Sports (ESPN the Weekend)
December 2010 - Polynesian (MVMCP)
August 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort / Beach Club
February 2010 - All Star Sports (ESPN the Weekend)
August 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort
triplejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #38
linnell
DIS Veteran

I would make a more direct walking path between R&RC and TSM. Also in the World Showcase in Epcot a few more paths to avoid that bottleneck by the fountain would be great.

linnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #39
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplejen View Post
Yikes.

Really? In a fun, purely hypothetical thread for people to share ideas, the best contribution you could come up with a rundown of how stupid everyone else's ideas are?
Oh, wow. I understand the posters who've stated/indicated that my responses were all negative, although my intention was more to point out why various - but NOT ALL - suggestions wouldn't work; but NOWHERE did I indicate that any idea anybody posted is "stupid".
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #40
mitchfishguard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
Do Disney approaches you and offers you the brand-new job of VP of Guest Comfort. Your mandate is to look at the entire operation and suggest things that will make the guest experience better. Realistically, what would you suggest? (and what would be, unrealistically, super fantastic?) I know I'd suggest:

- refrigerators in all guest rooms
- moving walkways from the bus drop (especially where you have to pick up the bus to POP from the parks) to near the front gate, for those late-night treks back to the bus when your feet are screaming at you
- revamp of food services, to make the food better (for the prices they charge...)

How about you? I've been to WDW several times, but I know there are some "warriors" out there who could suggest much more!

Erin
make sure that all welsh people were given the best rooms !!!!!!!!!
mitchfishguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #41
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceesmom View Post
Have to disagree with banning/limiting strollers. I try to be very courteous with my stroller. However, I too have hit a couple of ankles.. when someone thinks they'll be able to cut over in front of it and then realizes there wasn't as much room as they thought.
It sounds like you DO try to be courteous, and I normally try to give strollers the right of way and not cut over in front of them, but it aggrevates me when a stroller runs into the back of my ankles, and then the person who is pushing the stroller doesn't even say sorry.
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #42
JDUCKY
Local Yocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchfishguard View Post
make sure that all welsh people were given the best rooms !!!!!!!!!
Oh! This reminds me of something at America Idol Experience at DHS.

My DD and I attended the finale show this past Sunday. One of the contestants, Karl, was British and he's being interviewed by Sean and Sean asks him where he's from.

Karl replies, "I'm from Wales."

Sean retorts, "You're from Wales? I'm from humans."

Took most of the audience a few seconds to catch on to that one. hehe.

Oh, Karl won the evening, btw. My DD was quite happy.

Disneyworld? Not so much anymore. FP- has ruined the experience for locals
Disneyland Paris - First trip (part of Honeymoon) - March 2012
Disneyland - 1st wedding anniversary - Dec 2012; Road Trip July 2013; Nov 2014!
JDUCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #43
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sters View Post
My number one mandate would be to ditch the Nescafe contract and get some real, delicious coffee...maybe even open a real coffee house in the Boardwalk area.
Hi! I second that! It's a biggie for me!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #44
Mississippianna
Still loving Disney World like a 6-year-old

1. DITTO Free Wifi, or at least free high speed in your room. We both freelance, and sometimes you just need to check your email. It's hard to pay $10 a day when we just need to plug in for 1-2 hours a day.

2. BETTER BEDDING! I would put in higher thread count sheets and cotton blankets. Who needs all those heavy polyester spreads after a day in the FL heat?

3. I loved the PP suggestion of a Red Box style way to rent Disney movies, and DVD players, in the room.

4. I'd make more kid convenience items available for loan or rent at the resort hotels: step stools, toddler-size table and chairs, white noise machine, full size crib
Old 01-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #45
pbmouseman
Mouseketeer

I know that there's an economic reason for Disney to do it this way, but I'd like to see an alternative that is somewhere between the DDP and DxDP. Perhaps with more QS options each day, and the option to combine 2 QS for one TS. Not sure it would make me more comfortable, but it would make me happier with my selections.

June 2011 Disneyland (Worldmark)
January 2010 Polynesian
February 2009 Disneyland (offsite)
November 2008 Disneyland (offsite)
January 2006 WDW (Grosvenor)
February 2005 Disneyland (Paradise Pier)
January 2002 Disneyland (offsite)
pbmouseman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: