Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
thewritegirl
Mouseketeer

How much are t-shirts/mouse ears/sweatshirts at DL?

Anyone know approximately how much a t-shirt, sweatshirt, and mouse ears each run if we were to buy them at the park? Thanks!
thewritegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
Mugglemama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewritegirl View Post
Anyone know approximately how much a t-shirt, sweatshirt, and mouse ears each run if we were to buy them at the park? Thanks!
the ears start around $12, i think. maybe even cheaper than that, for the standard pairs (not the personalized ones).

the t-shirt and sweatshirt prices vary. we've bought some t-shirts that cost about $15-$17, and another that was $40. i don't think you'll find sweatshirts that cost less than $25-$30, and i've seen them run as high as $70.
Mugglemama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
thewritegirl
Mouseketeer

Thank you! I think I'm going to go ahead and order some stuff from the Disney shopping site before we go - can't beat 4.99 t-shirts! I think we'll do mouse ears and probably a stuffed animal from the park, though.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
Leofoenget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your right arm, Left arm and your first born.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:00 AM   #5
Mugglemama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! I think I'm going to go ahead and order some stuff from the Disney shopping site before we go - can't beat 4.99 t-shirts! I think we'll do mouse ears and probably a stuffed animal from the park, though.
i looked up ears online before our last trip and they were priced ridiculously high. i figured the prices had soared inside disneyland, as well. but when we got there, i thought they were extraordinarily cheap compared to the prices i saw online (they were more than $20 online for just plain ears!) so, as far as i'm aware, waiting until you get to the parks for ears is a really good idea.

plush animals inside the parks, for the most part, seem reasonably priced to me. there are gazillions to choose from (many that you won't find at the disney store), and a lot of those come in sizes that won't break the bank.

the only reason i like to buy t-shirts inside the parks as opposed to from the disney store or online, is because the ones you find outside the parks won't actually say "Disneyland" on them. you can find inexpensive shirts with disney characters on them at the disney store, however you won't find any that have disneyland related images, like the castle. we don't buy a lot of t-shirts at disneyland, but we have bought one themed to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride (it says "Dead Men Tell No Tales" on the back, i love it!), and another Pirates one, and then my daughter likes to buy ones that say Disneyland and whatever year we are visiting (like, "Disneyland, 2008). but if those things don't matter to you, then you're right, you really can't beat the prices online.

hope that helps!
Old 01-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #6
thewritegirl
Mouseketeer

Ack, Mugglemama! You brought up a really good point I hadn't thought about. I went ahead and placed an order for a cheap t-shirt for everyone, but no sweatshirts. So, that way I figure if we see something we *really* want to get, it's no biggie that we already bought the 4.99 shirts. Thanks for the thoughts!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:28 AM   #7
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

You can buy some of the park gear on line. If you go to disneystore.com then shop by category and select Disney Parks, you can then select mens or womens apparel from the parks. That being said, most of the stuff available online is from WDW and it is also significantly more expensive. BTW don't expect top quality on the graphic tees you order for $5. You really get what you pay for when it comes to those shirts.
CrazyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #8
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
Your right arm, Left arm and your first born.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 PM   #9
michelleh1
Mouseketeer

I'm glad you asked this question! I'm looking at getting some shirts like these for our upcoming trip. they don't seem too overpriced, and I want to surprise the kids with a shirt for our first day there. do you think these would be good quality shirts worth getting beforehand? thanks!!
michelleh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
Mugglemama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleh1 View Post
I'm glad you asked this question! I'm looking at getting some shirts like these for our upcoming trip. they don't seem too overpriced, and I want to surprise the kids with a shirt for our first day there. do you think these would be good quality shirts worth getting beforehand? thanks!!
do you have a disney store near you? we were just in our local one a few days ago and they had some really decent quality ones on sale for $5. they were made of the soft, stretchy cotton (pima cotton, maybe?). i used to HATE the tees from disney store, because they were always cut weird, and they were really stiff. but as of last year, they seem to be picking up on the thin, layering type of tee style that is most popular right now.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #11
michelleh1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugglemama View Post
do you have a disney store near you? we were just in our local one a few days ago and they had some really decent quality ones on sale for $5. they were made of the soft, stretchy cotton (pima cotton, maybe?). i used to HATE the tees from disney store, because they were always cut weird, and they were really stiff. but as of last year, they seem to be picking up on the thin, layering type of tee style that is most popular right now.
no, it's over 2 hours away. I'd rather buy online or wait for our trip. I was just thinking it'd be fun to surprise them our first morning there with matching shirts. there are definitely cheaper ones online, but these ones do say Disneyland.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #12
Mugglemama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleh1 View Post
no, it's over 2 hours away. I'd rather buy online or wait for our trip. I was just thinking it'd be fun to surprise them our first morning there with matching shirts. there are definitely cheaper ones online, but these ones do say Disneyland.
well it's neat that you were able to find some online beforehand that actually say Disneyland on them. we've never done the matching shirt thing, and i don't notice many families in the parks wearing matchings shirts, but we do usually see at least one. it's a cute idea!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #13
michelleh1
Mouseketeer

for anyone who's been recently. would $25 or $30 be enough money for a basic ear hat with embroidery and an inexpensive "Disneyland" t-shirt? I would love to know actual prices if you know them. we are trying to cut our expenses, and souvenirs is one way to do it. I want to give them some $$, but not more than they need. thanks for any help!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: