Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #121
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Jumping onboard; loving the report so far!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 01-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #122
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

WL sounds so incredible...hoping I get to stay there someday! It just seems so beautiful and peaceful. Thanks for sharing your pics!
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2010, 11:45 PM   #123
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Katie, how magical that you had a view of Wishes! Even without the music, sitting in your cozy room must have beat standing on a freezing Main Street!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #124
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I LOVE how prepared you are - extra lights, white noise machine, you think of everything Katie!

The WL looks so cozy - which I'm sure was very welcoming after being out in that cold all day. And that's amazing that you could see Wishes from your room!!! How positively magical Sounds like you had a wonderful ending to a wonderful day!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #125
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore718 View Post
Love this cartoon.
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY!! Great update, Katie!! (BTW--Ally is loving all of your WL pics--she's super excited that we'll be staying there in Dec!!) So sorry to hear that you had so much noise in your room--I really need to research all of this more so I know what to request!! Did Aiden sleep with Abby or in a pack-n-play? I'm thinking by Dec. that Claire SHOULD be able to share a bed with Ally. I noticed you had TWO sinks!! That's great!! We only had one in the room we had at the Poly last May. YAY for the bag from Angela--how nice!! She is the greatest, isn't she?! That is awesome that you were able to watch Wishes from your room!! How magical!!! Praying we get to stay at the WL TOGETHER!!
Thanks Becky!!! The noise was really bad, but thank goodness I brought Aiden's sound machine. It is a strong/loud machine that he sleeps with at home. It did the trick!! You could not hear the trucks at all. But, when I turned it off, all you heard was "beep beep beep BANG!" and it started at
9PM till morning I dont think that you were going to book a Standard Room, were you? If so, try to get one that overlooks the lobby. I dont think you can see Wishes, but NO trucks. The other standard rooms I saw made me so happy to have the one I got. They were on the first floor by the restaurant/laundry. No view, dark halls, did not like it AT ALL. If you were going to book Standard, ask for upper level floors, facing the lobby-- NO first floor!!

I ended up sleeping with Aiden and my DH with Abby. Abby is an active sleeper!!! She tosses and turns, kicks, etc. I did not want Aiden to get hit But they could totally sleep together in the bed if they can pull it off. It would be fine. And you are RIGHT next to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChuck72 View Post
awesome trip report!
also i loooooove the pirates of the carribean ride
its awesome!!
Pirates is one of my favorites now!!!! SO glad we got to do it. Thanks for reading!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Jumping onboard; loving the report so far!

Denise
Thank you SO much for reading!!! I hope to update about Epcot soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
WL sounds so incredible...hoping I get to stay there someday! It just seems so beautiful and peaceful. Thanks for sharing your pics!
It is so perfect for relaxing. It is a little gem. Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Katie, how magical that you had a view of Wishes! Even without the music, sitting in your cozy room must have beat standing on a freezing Main Street!
That is right!!! We had a much better experience in the warmth of our room!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I LOVE how prepared you are - extra lights, white noise machine, you think of everything Katie!

The WL looks so cozy - which I'm sure was very welcoming after being out in that cold all day. And that's amazing that you could see Wishes from your room!!! How positively magical Sounds like you had a wonderful ending to a wonderful day!
You are so sweet! I have to say that I was always organized, but became extremely OCD when I had kids. You almost have to in order to keep your sanity!!

It is SO cozy. It had such a warm and homey feel to it. I hope to update about Epcot soon!! Thanks for reading!!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #126
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

How amazing to see Wishes from your hotel room!! I sure hope it warmed up for you while you were down there!! Cute bag A sent you!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #127
beyondblessed
Mouseketeer

Hi Katie - I got a chance to get all caught up tonight and I'm sooo glad! You are doing such a great job - you are making me and my TR look really bad!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:34 PM   #128
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post

Hey girl!!! UGH totally forgot to post about that!! So sorry...I know people had asked me about it. OK, here is the deal. We decided to wait and keep the things in the car. This was because we got there at 10 am and I knew the room would most likely not be ready. We just checked in (had already pre-registered online), went to the bathroom and headed right to the MK! So, all I brought was our park bag with me at first.

When we got back from MK, my DH drove the car around and the CM unloaded it all and brought it up to the room. He left to go get the bags, and he was back 10 minutes later...bags came 5 minutes after him.

SO---it was not a pain. In December, we are planning on hanging out at the Resort on check in day. We will probably have them hold our bags and bring them in during check in. We will go eat at a restaurant and hang out and then, when our room is ready, we will just get the CM to bring it up to the room while we still relax.

Does that all make sense?

Now---onto the boxes. They were SO helpful in the room. I loved having all of the items seperated by "theme" so it was really easy to find the stuff I needed. Saved me lots of time and headaches. It was, however, a pain to travel with. They would fall off of the vallet cart and they kind of slid around in the trunk. I decided that in December, I will use my larger box and seperate all of my items in big ziplocks. I will put all of the ziplocks into the large box for traveling. I will still bring my smaller boxes, but will not pack anything in them. I will just stack them on top of eachother and put them in a bag. When I get to the resort, I will take out the ziplocks with the items and THEN put them in the smaller boxes. Again, are you following this info HTH!
Thanks Katie! I did follow it,and it IS helpful! LOL!

Sara
Old 01-31-2010, 01:43 AM   #129
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Thanks Becky!!! The noise was really bad, but thank goodness I brought Aiden's sound machine. It is a strong/loud machine that he sleeps with at home. It did the trick!! You could not hear the trucks at all. But, when I turned it off, all you heard was "beep beep beep BANG!" and it started at
9PM till morning I dont think that you were going to book a Standard Room, were you? If so, try to get one that overlooks the lobby. I dont think you can see Wishes, but NO trucks. The other standard rooms I saw made me so happy to have the one I got. They were on the first floor by the restaurant/laundry. No view, dark halls, did not like it AT ALL. If you were going to book Standard, ask for upper level floors, facing the lobby-- NO first floor!!

I ended up sleeping with Aiden and my DH with Abby. Abby is an active sleeper!!! She tosses and turns, kicks, etc. I did not want Aiden to get hit But they could totally sleep together in the bed if they can pull it off. It would be fine. And you are RIGHT next to them.
You're welcome, Katie! I was thinking about booking a standard room but now I'm not so sure! YIKES! What do you suggest?! We're trying to save some money since this will be trip #2 in 2010!!
Old 01-31-2010, 07:07 AM   #130
cdotla
Trish

Great update Katie!

So glad you were able to see Wishes from the room. That would definitely be a nice touch, especially when you weren't necessarily counting on it!

What an amazing idea you had to bring that noise machine. Can you imagine how that would have affected your trip otherwise??? I would not have had the foresight to bring a noise machine and would have been down to the front desk begging to be transferred to a Pool View or Lobby View so fast, and willing to pay whatever they charged me to do it!

Can't wait to hear about your next day!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #131
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Joining in! Can't wait for another update(:

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 02-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #132
r4blessings
DIS Veteran

Hi Katie! If you don't mind my asking....what white noise machine do you have? I have been thinking about getting one for the boys room, but wasn't sure which one to get. And it would definitly help when we go to disney and our time share in Florida where early morning noises wake my kids. My kids are normally early to bed and early risers, but on vacation the late nights certainly take their toll when they don't catch up on their sleep in the am!

Katie, my daughter has always fallen asleep to the music from Cinderella on her cd player in her room, so when we travel she uses my ipod to help her to sleep. But I'd like something to run the whole night and block out the outside noises. Good idea Katie!

And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your rubbermaid boxes! I might have to steal that idea for our trip!

Headed to CBR in August 2010
Old 02-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #133
gellybean
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Great TR! We were there Jan 12-19th so we overlapped a few days!
I love that y'all rode IASW first!! I've been riding it first since I was 6! Great choice. It always puts me in the Disney mood.

Love the room pics and how awesome is it that you can see Wishes from your room!!

We always sleep with a white noise machine. I can't sleep without one. Boy do they come in handy for hotels!

at how organized you were! I thought I was doing good. Rubbermaid boxes rock!

Can't wait for the next update!

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA
Old 02-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #134
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Another great update - your room looks nice! I've often thought WL looked so cozy and welcoming - I'm glad to hear you felt the same!

And missy, you are prepared, with that noise machine and everything - way to go! That is such a great idea!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #135
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

I LOVE your pictures of Wishes from your room!
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR June 2014 Engagement Trip- AKL-Jambo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: