Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #586
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Abby!
September 2010 PTR

Old 05-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #587
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Happy 7th Birthday to Abby!! I hope ya'll had a GREAT time at Disney On Ice!!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see some pics!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #588
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday, Abby!!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #589
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday, Abby!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #590
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

I have loved your TR, Katie! It sounds like you guys had a great time! And I almost started to cry when you showed the pic of the sign "See ya real soon!" But I can't wait to read about your upcoming trip! So exciting!
And happy birthday to Abby!!

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 05-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #591
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Love this picture!!

Yay! Glad you did it! It's so fun!! I don't know if I will be able to do it alone though on my trip with Mom. I would feel bad screaming with a stranger next to me! Your story about the girl next to you totally cracked me up though! I can so see that!

That is so true!

Your pics of the Pensacola hotel are very nice! I love Pensacola - my grandparents live there and we used to visit down there a lot when we were little. Haven't been back in a few years though....how far was it from Disney?

Thanks for sharing your report with all of us! Your family is beautiful and I can't wait to hear all about your plans for the next trip!

Sara
Than you so much, Sara!!! Yes, riding alone takes lots of bravery at first, but it is totally worth it! The teenager was quite annoyed. haha

Off the top of my head, Pensacola is about 6-61/2 hours away from Disney It was a nice stop, I am glad that we found it!

Thank you so much for reading!!! You know I am so excited to start my PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm so glad you went on EE! It is one of our favorites. I do have to tell you though, it is scarier at night!

Ugh, I hate leaving. But, I'm glad you were able to find a place to sleep for the night. Looks like it was a nice room!
Ohhh I never have been on at night. I am sure it is sooo scary!!! We were really lucky to stumble upon such a nice room. Thank you so much for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Good to hear you decided to ride EE Katie! I love that ride. I am really looking forward to riding it in 23 days!

It's sad to see your TR coming to an end but it will fun to start planning our Christmastime trips together. I don't know when I will start a PTR for that trip. It will be hard to manage a TR and a PTR at the same time. I've got lots of ideas for Christmas and Thanksgiving customs. I can't wait to get started on them. I also can't wait to see what you come up with for your children.
OH you will LOVE EE!!! Sooo fun!

I am also so pumped to write our PTRs together! I tried to do a PTR and finish a TR before. NOT fun! haha. Just a lot to keep up with. I am dying to see your customs ideas!! I have enrolled in sewing lessons...more to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray for getting up the nerve to go through the single rider line for Everest. I don't know if I would ever be that brave! Too funny about the nine-year-old giving you grief!

Yes, driving off Disney property and returning to the real world is never any fun.

What a great hotel on the beach! Too bad it was stormy, but what a beautiful view!
HAHA yes, it was very hard to be so brave. The teenager gave me a little laugh. I am sure you are use to the attitudes from teens!

We did find a great hotel! Even though it was stormy, just nice to watch the waves. Thanks for reading!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yay! Glad you rode EE and enjoyed it. Bummed your TR is over though. It always stinks leaving but atleast you have another trip coming up soon.

Please post the "All the Single Riders"...that sounds hilarious.
OH I will post about the song in a second. There is a funny story to go along with it now!! Thank you SO much for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
That was great trip report! Thank you for posting it! Really exciting about your upcoming trip!

Q
Awww thanks Queila!! I am happy you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
So glad you got on EE! My boyfriend doesn't like roller coasters, so when we went on it, I failed to mention the backwards part...

Sad your trip is over I'm looking forward to the PTR!!
You know, I do not like roller coasters either, but that one I can handle. Did he like it?

Thanks for reading!! Excited about the PTR too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
I forgot you drove--I am looking forward to the drive actually. I think it will be really nice--I know I am insane to think that but we do like to travel by car (hence multiple trips to NC and one to CO all driving with DD). The car ride home will be hard though I imagine but we will see family on the way back home so that should hopefully help some. : I am so happy that you have another trip coming up! We would love to stay at WL but not this trip (be watching a post on PTR in the next day or so regarding where we will be staying...). I am sad your TR is ending but PTR will be beginning soon at least! I am looking forward to reading your final thoughts.
OH I will have to go check out your PTR~ I have been away for Abby's bday celebrations!!

We did drive, and it was not bad at all!! We were shocked how good the kids were. We woke up super early to get about 3 hours on the road while they sleeped. Thanks for reading!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #592
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
I think we're doing the orange/grey one--I'm pretty sure that's the one that that Sara used and the one that my friend Julie used. What were you thinking of using? The orange/grey one is 10 pounds lighter than the red/black one.
You are one of the only people who will get this...but...

I am thinking of the red and black one to match my kid's outfits

I am trying to find TRs that use the red and black to see if it is too heavy. I know that 10 pounds is hard to handle on the bus! Can't wait to see how they work for you. I am just happy that Abby and Ally can hop on with their brother and sister when they need a little rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Glad you rode EE!! DBF is a ride wimp, so our first trip together this past August, I skipped RNRC, TOT-- just so he'd fall in love with Disney. Now that he loves it, I think it's time he meets the Yeti!!
Scary about the thunderstorm!! I HATE driving in inclement weather-- probably a good idea you guys stopped.
Thanks for sharing with us-- I loved reading about your family's vacation!! Very excited for final thoughts and your next PTR!!
YES! He is due to meet the Yeti! It is really not that bad..I do not like roller coasters either and much prefered EE over any others at WDW!

Driving in rain makes me so scared. And we had already been on the road for 6 hours. It was time to stop!!

Thank you so much for reading!!! Can't wait to share more with ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Thanks for a great TR Katie

It sounds as though you had a great end to your trip with you conquering EE and the fantastic interaction with Goofy!

Just FYI we went 12th December last year and the first about 7 days were absolutely wonderful, fantastic weather and very low crowds. Once actual Christmas week hit though it was manic so we were glad we'd made the most of our first few days
Awww thanks, Jo! Always love it when you read my TR!

What a relief that you had good experiences with those dates. I don't get off of school until Dec 10th, so I really have no other choice. We will only be there until the 16th, so it sounds perfect!! I can imagine Christmastime is crazy busy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoBrandon&Jacob View Post
Hi, I'm really enjoying your report especially since we'll be staying at the WL next year. But I gotta ask - why do you block out everyone's faces in the pictures??
Hello!! WL is absolutely wonderful!! You will have a great time!

The stars are just for privacy. I hope that it did not take away from the quality of my TR! That way, I can post some sort of pic to go along with my WDW stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
So glad you rode EE, Katie! I love it---didn't get to ride it during our NYE trip (didn't even go to AK) or March trip(closed due to rain)---So, it will officially be a year---I will definitely be on it this time!

Enjoyed your TR, and will be looking for your PTR for you Christmas trip!
OH yes!!! Get on EE right away! It is SO much fun!!

Thank you so much for reading! I enjoy your comments---excited for my PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Yay! I'm so glad you decided to go ahead and ride EE! You're so brave. And what a nice hotel you found - how great to spend your last evening of vacation on the beach.

I have so enjoyed your TR, Katie. You are such a wonderful writer and I feel like I'm right there with you going through it. I can't wait for all the PTR fun to begin!!!
OH I tried to be brave! Glad I did though, it is the best ride ever!! The hotel was really nice, we got so lucky!

You are SO sweet!! I feel the same way about your TR. I am very excited to share all of our fun moments with you in my PTR! Thanks again for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Soooo sad to leave WDW!! I always cry on the ME bus home and DH and I are usually quiet too. It really is depressing! But you are right...only way to fix that is start planning another trip! WL in December? Sounds wonderful!

You have my permission to post my Single Riders song although I'm feeling a little depressed about it today. Emma posted a link on my TR to a group of college program CMs performing their OWN Single Riders song at some Cm event. I was most upset about it but I guess it was only a matter of time before someone else though of the song while walking past a single riders line...

Mine's better though! Haha, and I'm still planning on making a video for it this summer.
OH MY GOSH!!! No way. What little stealers!

I am sure yours is way better. I am posting it today as a Nikki original!!

Thanks for reading! I love reading your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Yay for EE--I had a feeling you did it! I'm glad you enjoyed it! That is one of the ones I am most excited about riding--but I am a HUGE roller coaster fan. I am sad your TR has come to an end, but can't wait for your PTR!!!
You are there now!!! So happy to hear how you love it! Excited about my PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTiger View Post
Awwww, I actually got a little teary eyed reading your last post. Sorry it's over But.... can't wait to ready your PTR! And I'm excited too to plan our Dec trips together. You've inspired me to write a PTR too but I don't want to start too early. Why did you pick that date to start yours? I think I may wait until the 6 month point. Fun fun!!! And you are so right, nothing cures the Disney blues like planning another trip! That's when you know you're a true addict On our way back to BR from the airport in NOLA, Jason was asking me where we wanted to eat in Dec. I mean really, I created a monster.... and I LOVE it!!!!! I really enjoyed your report. So glad we've "met" each other
Aww I know. Leaving Disney is the WORST! I am also very excited to plan our Dec trips together!! It always helps to have the ideas of others when planning!

I picked my date because our ADRs can be made on June 13th. I wanted plenty of time (June 1-12) to post about my ADRs and restaurants. Also, we went to Disney on Ice and volunteered with Give a Day this past weekend, so I have lots of little things like that to post in May along with my DD's birthday party. I started my PTR last time 4 months before and did not have enough time to get everything in. I would say 6 months would be great! I am SO excited to read yours!!

I have also created a Disney monster in my DH!!! It is so fun. I have also gotten my sister-in-law all into it. I said "Welcome to the dark side!" haha

Nice to "meet" you too!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #593
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_la View Post
Happy Birthday to your DD! Great trip report!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Happy Birthday, Abby! I hope she has a wonderful birthday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Happy Birthday Abby!
Quote:
Happy 7th Birthday to Abby!! I hope ya'll had a GREAT time at Disney On Ice!!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see some pics!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Happy Birthday, Abby!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Happy Birthday, Abby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
I have loved your TR, Katie! It sounds like you guys had a great time! And I almost started to cry when you showed the pic of the sign "See ya real soon!" But I can't wait to read about your upcoming trip! So exciting!
And happy birthday to Abby!!
Thank you for all of the birthday wishes!!!! We had a GREAT fun filled weekend. Excited to post about it!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #594
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

WHEW! What a fun filled birthday weekend!!! Thank you all for Abby's birthday wishes. I can not believe my baby is 7

We started the weekend on a wonderful note volunteering for Disney's Give A Day/Get A Day program. The program is closed now due to Disney reaching it's max of one million volunteers! I will post about our rewarding experience at the beginning of my PTR. I am SO thankful that Disney put together the GAD program.

Here is a sneak peek pic--

I can not wait to share our day with you

Sunday was Abby's birthday. We had pink pancakes, presents, watched Suite Life on Deck and gave her a surprise...

DISNEY ON ICE TICKETS

We spent the afternoon with Mickey and the gang. This one was the "Let's Celebrate" edition. What a GREAT show!!! We were very impressed and the story line was really fun. It was based around the different holidays (Valentines Day, Mardi Gras, Halloween, Christmas, etc.)

I bought center section/front row seats with a special code that I got on Mousesavers.com. It was a pre-sale code, so many seats were available. It was nice not to have anyone in front of us blocking our view. We all had a blast...especially the kids. Aiden keeps asking us when we can go back to see Mickey

I will do a complete report in my PTR, but here are a few pics for now.

Our weekend was filled with service to others, birthday celebrations and, of course, DISNEY! Who could ask for more?

And..for those of you who were asking for it, here is fellow DIS member Nikki's song called "Single Riders". Keep the beat of "All the Single Ladies" by Beyonce in mind when you read it She reported that the CMs just performed a similar song at a conference. I think hers is way better

All the single riders, all the single riders!
All the single riders...
You gotta split up!

Up in the park, it's starting to get dark
And you want to take another ride.
Check the times board, Oh good lord!
Test Track's got a 50 minute line!

Ain't no doubt, Fast Pass is all out
Don't pay it any attention!
'Cause you know what to do, when your family looks at you
Better get in the single riders line!

Well if you like it then you shouldn't need a friend for it
If you like it then you shouldn't need a friend for it
Just be glad that you didn't have to wait for it
If you like it then you shouldn't need a friend for it!
Oh oh oh..

Son in the front, Mom in the back
Dad in a whole other car.
Step right in, put your junk in the bin
Hand up while they check the lap bar

Big group on the side, hate to wait for a ride
Don't pay them any attention
'Cause you waited your turn and they gotta learn
What it means to take a single ride!

Well if you like it then you shouldn't need a friend for it
If you like it then you shouldn't need a friend for it
Just be glad that you didn't have to wait for it
If you like it then you shouldn't need a friend for it!
Oh oh oh..

She is going to work on it and then make a movie when she goes back to WDW in July. She and her DH are so funny, I can not wait to see it

Check out her PTR here if you have not already:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2368694

Old 05-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #595
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the song!! Now I will be singing it all day Also I forgot to wish Abby a happy birthday so
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, ABBY!!

What a great treat to see Disney on Ice!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 05-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #596
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
You are one of the only people who will get this...but...

I am thinking of the red and black one to match my kid's outfits

I am trying to find TRs that use the red and black to see if it is too heavy. I know that 10 pounds is hard to handle on the bus! Can't wait to see how they work for you. I am just happy that Abby and Ally can hop on with their brother and sister when they need a little rest
Ha ha!!!! You CRACK me up, Katie!! I totally get it though!! But I think Brent would not be so happy if he knew that I could have ordered a stroller that was 10 lbs. lighter!!

GREAT DOI pics!! Your seats were perfect!! I'm assuming they let you bring in your camera? The one we went to in the fall, my camera was not allowed in. LOVE the Single Riders song!! I'll be singing that all day!!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #597
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I LOVE the song!! Now I will be singing it all day Also I forgot to wish Abby a happy birthday so
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, ABBY!!

What a great treat to see Disney on Ice!
I know!!! It is hard to get out of your head! Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!

Quote:
Ha ha!!!! You CRACK me up, Katie!! I totally get it though!! But I think Brent would not be so happy if he knew that I could have ordered a stroller that was 10 lbs. lighter!!

GREAT DOI pics!! Your seats were perfect!! I'm assuming they let you bring in your camera? The one we went to in the fall, my camera was not allowed in. LOVE the Single Riders song!! I'll be singing that all day!!
HAHA. I know. We will most likely go with the orange and grey one just because it is lighter. Do they offer insurance?

Our seats were great!! I was very nervous about my camera because of your experience. I am sure you were dying when they said you could not have it! Our arena is very relaxed about that kind of thing.

The song is great, isn't it?
Old 05-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #598
lledman
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sunday was Abby's birthday. We had pink pancakes, presents, watched Suite Life on Deck and gave her a surprise...

DISNEY ON ICE TICKETS

We spent the afternoon with Mickey and the gang. This one was the "Let's Celebrate" edition. What a GREAT show!!! We were very impressed and the story line was really fun. It was based around the different holidays (Valentines Day, Mardi Gras, Halloween, Christmas, etc.)

Happy Birthday to Abby - this is my family's favorite Disney on Ice show we've seen.
May 2011 with the in-laws
January 2012 - no husbands allowed

Best Friends Take on the World - October 2012 PTR

Old 05-03-2010, 01:48 PM   #599
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HAHA. I know. We will most likely go with the orange and grey one just because it is lighter. Do they offer insurance?

Our seats were great!! I was very nervous about my camera because of your experience. I am sure you were dying when they said you could not have it! Our arena is very relaxed about that kind of thing.

The song is great, isn't it?
Yes!! It is $25 for insurance and $10 if you want a rain cover!!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #600
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Glad Disney on Ice was fun and Abby had a great birthday!!! CAn't wait to read more about it in your PTR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: