Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #556
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Hey Katie!!! I've missed you!! I just wanted you to know I'm back and will catch up on your TR as soon as I can!! I've updated my PTR--things have been crazy here!! I hope all is well!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #557
DisneyTiger
Life is what happens between trips to Disney World

Hellooooooooooooo! I've been lurking and not posting. Bad DISer I have absolutely loved reading your TR!!! And can I tell you that it's the most organized TR that I've ever seen?!? It was so easy to pull up your posts and get caught up!

What a wonderful trip! I am so happy you and your family had such a wonderful time. I love the pic that you took from the Christmas shop. That really does sum it up. Those little moments when you look around and think, "Wow, I'm in Disney World. How lucky am I?"

Love love love everything
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #558
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

What great character interaction with Goofy. Those are the moments that make Disney stand out among the rest.

I will be sure to check out your PTR. We will be going back Nov 20-27 so we will be able to plan together. You are starting on my husband's birthday so it should be pretty easy to remember.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 04-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #559
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

All caught up!! LOVE the pics with Jasmine/Aladdin and Tiana/Naveen!! How fun that you were able to meet them on this trip!! And WOW!! Your Haunted Mansion pics are GREAT!! I tried to get some last trip and they all turned out blurry! What kind of a setting did you use?! And YAY for Daisy! You got so lucky being last in line for both Tiana/Naveen AND Daisy!! And LOVE the pic of your hubby and Aiden through the window!! Precious!! And you sounded just like me waiting at Dinosaur for Ally & Brent. I was so scared for Ally and worried she would freak!! Glad Abby liked it--Ally can't WAIT to ride it again!! And your Dinosaur pic is HILARIOUS!!!! Ally wants me to ride with her this next time--we'll see!! LOVE the interaction with M-Po!! We used to have Mancala tournaments when I was in elementary school--fun game!! Oooh--I'll have to remember that Baby Center next to Pizzafari!! Thanks for the tip! And what fun time with Goofy!!! That will be a memory you will never forget! And how fun that Abby got picked to be in the FOTLK show! More Disney magic!!

They are out of Standard Rooms at the WL around Christmas?! YIKES!! We haven't booked yet!!! So sad that your TR is coming to an end but VERY excited about your PTR and being able to plan together! I just wish our trips overlapped!!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #560
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
All caught up!! LOVE the pics with Jasmine/Aladdin and Tiana/Naveen!! How fun that you were able to meet them on this trip!! And WOW!! Your Haunted Mansion pics are GREAT!! I tried to get some last trip and they all turned out blurry! What kind of a setting did you use?! And YAY for Daisy! You got so lucky being last in line for both Tiana/Naveen AND Daisy!! And LOVE the pic of your hubby and Aiden through the window!! Precious!! And you sounded just like me waiting at Dinosaur for Ally & Brent. I was so scared for Ally and worried she would freak!! Glad Abby liked it--Ally can't WAIT to ride it again!! And your Dinosaur pic is HILARIOUS!!!! Ally wants me to ride with her this next time--we'll see!! LOVE the interaction with M-Po!! We used to have Mancala tournaments when I was in elementary school--fun game!! Oooh--I'll have to remember that Baby Center next to Pizzafari!! Thanks for the tip! And what fun time with Goofy!!! That will be a memory you will never forget! And how fun that Abby got picked to be in the FOTLK show! More Disney magic!!

They are out of Standard Rooms at the WL around Christmas?! YIKES!! We haven't booked yet!!! So sad that your TR is coming to an end but VERY excited about your PTR and being able to plan together! I just wish our trips overlapped!!

Yay! So happy you are all caught up!! We had a great time. It is so fun to write about our trip because you realize how lucky we got and what great character interactions we had! I am in full force planning mode for this next trip! Can't wait to share in the planning with you We will be there at the same time one of these days! We are most likely going to be at the Poly next May. Hope you guys will be too!! (it will be around when you go this year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
What great character interaction with Goofy. Those are the moments that make Disney stand out among the rest.

I will be sure to check out your PTR. We will be going back Nov 20-27 so we will be able to plan together. You are starting on my husband's birthday so it should be pretty easy to remember.
GREAT!!! I am SO excited to read your PTR. We are kicking around going during that time (Thanksgiving) next year. My son's birthday is November 26th. I have heard that it is not that bad during that time of year, despite what the books say. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your hubby Abby's birthday is this weekend as well! Did you see that the MVMCP tickets went on sale yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTiger View Post
Hellooooooooooooo! I've been lurking and not posting. Bad DISer I have absolutely loved reading your TR!!! And can I tell you that it's the most organized TR that I've ever seen?!? It was so easy to pull up your posts and get caught up!

What a wonderful trip! I am so happy you and your family had such a wonderful time. I love the pic that you took from the Christmas shop. That really does sum it up. Those little moments when you look around and think, "Wow, I'm in Disney World. How lucky am I?"

Love love love everything
YAY!!!!! So happy that you are here Thank you for the compliments! It is a little extra work, but worth it to have all of it organized.

You are very right. We are SO lucky to get the chance to vacation there. Memories we will never forget. So happy that you are on board!! Excited to plan our December trips together!

Quote:
Hey Katie!!! I've missed you!! I just wanted you to know I'm back and will catch up on your TR as soon as I can!! I've updated my PTR--things have been crazy here!! I hope all is well!!!
Missed you too, Becky So happy you are back

I will check out your PTR to see what you have been up to (already know some of it )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Love the WL! We stayed there back in 2005, when we went the week after Thanksgiving. It was so warm and cozy---All the Christmas decorations just seem to look natural there!
Awww so happy you liked it! I hear it is one of the best choices for Christmas. We CAN NOT WAIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
OMG!!! I cannot wait to read your PTR!!! We are going for a 2 days trip in septemeber this year, but we are planning on going next christmas and I am sooo excited!!! I can't wait to read about your trip to get tips and get even more excited on what's in store for next year!!!

Oh btw if you haven't already feel free to join my ptr.. the link is in the siggy
Thank you SO much!!! I can not wait to write it

I am all signed up at your PTR. So excited to read about your trip. Hopefully, I can help you plan your future Christmas trip! I love looking forward to trips and planning. It is SO much fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
In the villas, there's a fireplace in front of the smaller Christmas tree that my son and I like to sit near. There's two big chairs right in front, facing the fire, but sometimes it gets a little too cozy right there, if you know what I mean! (this little smiley represents sweating in this statement b/c it gets HOT over there!). But I just love how tranquil the Lodge is and how it has all of those wonderful spots to have a quiet moment away from the group with a loved one.
Thanks for the great tip!! I will bring a little hand fan to make sure we don't sweat.

I love that about the WL. The little pockets of private spaces are just wonderful. We are SO excited!!! Thanks so much for reading.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #561
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Last I left you, THIS was calling our name!

My husband was pretty much skipping to the ride. He LOVES EE and was looking forward to riding it again. He has no fear, so riding solo was not an issue. I, however, was still undecided. So, he went first.

I took the kids to the seating area right by the drop where you can take pictures of the ride coming down. Here is a pic of others taking pics of their loved ones on the ride.

Eventually, we saw my husband coming down the swift drop!! My daughter was cheering for him and my heart was sinking because I knew that I did not have too much time to decide if I should go too!

When my DH came off of the ride he was so happy. That ride had EVERYONE in big smiles when they walked off. At that point, I thought:

“You know what? We are in Disney and this is one of the best rides ever. If all of these other people can do it, SO CAN I!”

So, I grabbed my fastpass and jumped in the single rider line. (If you have not read Nikki’s funny song she made up “All the Single Riders” –to the beat of All the Single Ladies—I will post it soon! It is so funny and you will ALWAYS think of it when getting into the single rider line).

Well, of course, I got put next to a rather depressed looking teenager. I said pretty dumb “adult” things like “Ooohhh I never ride alone without my husband!” and “Ooohhh I am so scared, that drop is crazy long!” She was nice enough to give me a sideways grin, but really did not offer me any comfort. On top of that, her little sister (no older than 9) was talking “smack” to me from the row behind!! When she realized that I was nervous, she was like “Uh-oh! You are going to be really scared at this point!” She made it a fun game to make the adult more nervous about the ride. Kids these days

Well, the ride was everything I thought it was going to be. Terrifying and exillarating all at the same time. I was very happy that I rode it and I will not let riding alone stop me ever again. Just LOVE EE!!!

It was time to leave Disney World at this point. We made the SAD walk back to the exit. The AK was really getting crowded at this point, so it was a great time to leave (if there is such a thing).

We got to our car in no time, and I shed a small tear when I saw this.

Everyone stayed pretty quiet for 30 minutes after leaving. I know that we were all thinking that we wanted to turn around and go back!! The further away from Disney you get, the more “real” life feels again. It is a very strange feeling. This being our first year to drive, it definitely offers a different perspective.

Keeping with tradition, my DH and I did eventually begin talking. What were we talking about?

OUR NEXT WDW VACATION, OF COURSE

It is the only cure for post-Disney depression

Well, our plan was to drive all the way home, but mother nature had her own plans. A very strong thunder storm was pushing through right when we got to Pensacola, FL. We decided it was smart to pull over and stay in a hotel. I searched hotels.com on my iPhone and found a GEM of a hotel! The rate was so low because it was still winter, but we were right on the beach and the room was huge! Take a look.

One of the beds (sorry, kids already jumped on it!)

Coffee area

The bathroom

OUR VIEW!

You can tell that the storm was starting to hit. Especially when you see THIS in the pool!

We all slept good that night. I was “happily exhausted”. I am sure that you all can relate. The after Disney exhaustion means that you had a wonderful time and lived your vacation to the fullest!

We woke up bright an early the next day, giddy with excitement to watch the Saints play in their first playoff game back at home with family. On our way home, we would scream and cheer with other Saints fans driving to New Orleans. Little did we know, we had a whole new adventure waiting for us at home---

THE SUPER BOWL

Thank you ALL for reading my Trip Report. I hope it was informative and entertaining. Our family truly loves Disney World and I feel so lucky to have such a magical place to make memories.

As most of you know, we are booked at the Wilderness Lodge for December! I am anxious and SO excited to share many new Disney moments! We have two Disney activities planned for this weekend alone! My PTR starts on May 17, 2010! I hope to see you all there. Can’t wait!

UP NEXT: Favorites and not so favorites. Recap on the big “stroller debate”. Stay tuned!

Last edited by BippityBoo; 04-30-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #562
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

[QUOTE=BippityBoo;36426072]I know!!! We were totally shocked.

OH I am so happy I can help fight your stroller case It was SO miserable I can not stress how bad it was. Now keep in mind, this one was a $15 cheap cheap one but it was just horrible. It is worth it to take a nicer one, rent one from WDW or one from Orlando Strollers (we are going to do that next time) HTH

I have officially convinced him to take our own stroller! Thanks!
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner
Old 04-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #563
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Sorry to see that your TR will be ending soon. Good for you for going on EE!!
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner
Old 04-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #564
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Awww! I hate that the TR is coming to an end but VERY excited for the PTR!!! Don't you just hate the Disney Depression that comes after you leave WDW?! The hotel you found looks VERY nice! I'll be interested in seeing what you have to say about the strollers. About to reserve mine from Orlando Stroller Rental! Oh--and glad you got to ride EE!! We didn't get to ride last time b/c it was shut down due to the rain. Can't wait to ride!!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #565
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mickeysgirl17;36473664]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
I know!!! We were totally shocked.

OH I am so happy I can help fight your stroller case It was SO miserable I can not stress how bad it was. Now keep in mind, this one was a $15 cheap cheap one but it was just horrible. It is worth it to take a nicer one, rent one from WDW or one from Orlando Strollers (we are going to do that next time) HTH

I have officially convinced him to take our own stroller! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgirl17 View Post
Sorry to see that your TR will be ending soon. Good for you for going on EE!!
YAY! Good for the stroller and boo to my TR ending!! Thanks--it was hard to suck it up, but SO worth it!!

Quote:
Awww! I hate that the TR is coming to an end but VERY excited for the PTR!!! Don't you just hate the Disney Depression that comes after you leave WDW?! The hotel you found looks VERY nice! I'll be interested in seeing what you have to say about the strollers. About to reserve mine from Orlando Stroller Rental! Oh--and glad you got to ride EE!! We didn't get to ride last time b/c it was shut down due to the rain. Can't wait to ride!!
YES! The depression goes away a little when you start your TR! haha

We are planning on renting from Orlando Strollers in December! So happy you will get to try it out for me! Are you renting the Orange and grey or the red and black?

You will LOVE EE. It is very scary when you walk up on it and realize you are about to ride, but a very great experience when you do!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #566
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Quote:

Love this picture!!

Quote:

At that point, I thought:
Quote:

“You know what? We are in Disney and this is one of the best rides ever. If all of these other people can do it, SO CAN I!”

[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]
Yay! Glad you did it! It's so fun!! I don't know if I will be able to do it alone though on my trip with Mom. I would feel bad screaming with a stranger next to me! Your story about the girl next to you totally cracked me up though! I can so see that!

Quote:
The further away from Disney you get, the more “real” life feels again. It is a very strange feeling.
That is so true!

Your pics of the Pensacola hotel are very nice! I love Pensacola - my grandparents live there and we used to visit down there a lot when we were little. Haven't been back in a few years though....how far was it from Disney?

Thanks for sharing your report with all of us! Your family is beautiful and I can't wait to hear all about your plans for the next trip!

Sara
Old 04-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #567
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I'm so glad you went on EE! It is one of our favorites. I do have to tell you though, it is scarier at night!

Ugh, I hate leaving. But, I'm glad you were able to find a place to sleep for the night. Looks like it was a nice room!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #568
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Good to hear you decided to ride EE Katie! I love that ride. I am really looking forward to riding it in 23 days!

It's sad to see your TR coming to an end but it will fun to start planning our Christmastime trips together. I don't know when I will start a PTR for that trip. It will be hard to manage a TR and a PTR at the same time. I've got lots of ideas for Christmas and Thanksgiving customs. I can't wait to get started on them. I also can't wait to see what you come up with for your children.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 04-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #569
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray for getting up the nerve to go through the single rider line for Everest. I don't know if I would ever be that brave! Too funny about the nine-year-old giving you grief!

Yes, driving off Disney property and returning to the real world is never any fun.

What a great hotel on the beach! Too bad it was stormy, but what a beautiful view!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #570
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Yay! Glad you rode EE and enjoyed it. Bummed your TR is over though. It always stinks leaving but atleast you have another trip coming up soon.

Please post the "All the Single Riders"...that sounds hilarious.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: