Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #496
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

I am loving your TR!!! I can't wait until we go in sept. althought we aren't visiting any parks, we are only going to be there 1 day 2 night before our cruise, but we are going to explore the resorts, something we've never done before and I am excited about checking out WL more than ever now!!! Can't wait to read more!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #497
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Okay, I am all caught up. I won't comment on everything. Just want to say I'm loving it so far!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2010, 11:43 PM   #498
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
I am loving your TR!!! I can't wait until we go in sept. althought we aren't visiting any parks, we are only going to be there 1 day 2 night before our cruise, but we are going to explore the resorts, something we've never done before and I am excited about checking out WL more than ever now!!! Can't wait to read more!!!
YAY~!!! You will LOVE the WL. How fun to resort hop and check them all out. I can not wait for my DH and I to be able to do that on a solo trip! Next May we are doing just what you are doing. 1 day 2 night at the Poly then cruising on the Dream. Can't wait to read about your cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Okay, I am all caught up. I won't comment on everything. Just want to say I'm loving it so far!
Thank you SO much Glad to have you on board!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:38 AM   #499
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Subbing...will come back later to read through it all! Got to get ready for work.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:17 AM   #500
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Still getting caught up but I saw the picture about the dancing CM in Adventureland. I wonder if it's the same lady we saw at the Move It Shake it Celebrate It parade. haha, she was really getting into it!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #501
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

joining in and found my reading material for tonight!!!, the photos on the first few pages look brilliant
Old 04-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #502
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Hey Katie!!!!!!!!

I am baccccckkkkkk!!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 AM   #503
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Subbing...will come back later to read through it all! Got to get ready for work.
YAY!! Nikki is here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Still getting caught up but I saw the picture about the dancing CM in Adventureland. I wonder if it's the same lady we saw at the Move It Shake it Celebrate It parade. haha, she was really getting into it!
HAHA She was very serious about her dancing!! We tried to talk to her, but she just kept smiling and dancing. Not quite sure if she could speak English or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
joining in and found my reading material for tonight!!!, the photos on the first few pages look brilliant
WOW! Thank you so much! I have a problem with taking way too many pictures at WDW. This trip there were well over 1,000 I appreciate you reading, can't wait to see what you think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Hey Katie!!!!!!!!

I am baccccckkkkkk!!
As if you did not have anything else to do but read my TR! I am so happy you are back
Old 04-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #504
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Caught up! At least you will ride EE. I'm too chicken to do it with or without my Dh.

That baby center looks quiet and relaxing. I will be taking advantage of these when I go in May with my DS 11 months.

Thanks for the update.
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner
Old 04-22-2010, 06:27 PM   #505
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Wow, so read through your whole trip report this evening, and really enjoyed it!I think your positive attitude and the fun your family had really shines through...

Your children seem so sweet, i loved the photo of Abbey ushering Aiden towards Marie and also buying him the nemo souveneirs! and thought the pinata was a very stylish choice in the mexico pavillion, can't wait to visit there!

You dealt so well with the mum pushing in, i've only ever had one bad experience in disney, I got rammed by a stroller and when I looked round in shock the lady just gave me a really defiant look... doesn't cost anything to be nice and polite!

I thought the clothes you had customised were great, and lucky meeting the playhouse disney characters with the matching shirts!

I really enjoyed the recap of all the good memories you had just as you were leaving the Wilderness Lodge, your report has definitely multiplied my desire to stay there!!! never been onsite, but WL is definitely in my top 3 with AKL and the poly...

and is it a bit sad that I want to get my face painted at AK (I'm 23!)

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #506
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Wonderful trip report!! It looks like you guys had a blast! There were so many things I wanted to comment on as I was reading but I can't remember it all now!

LOVE the Wilderness Lodge and your descriptions and pictures helped me remember why it is my favorite! Haven't been there in a while...

Even though I can't see your children's faces, the are just adorable! I love how Abby is so sweet with Aiden, always has her hand on his hand or on his back, sooo cute!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #507
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgirl17 View Post
Caught up! At least you will ride EE. I'm too chicken to do it with or without my Dh.

That baby center looks quiet and relaxing. I will be taking advantage of these when I go in May with my DS 11 months.

Thanks for the update.
The baby center was awesome! I am so happy you will check it out. I love how WDW is so helpful with babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
Wow, so read through your whole trip report this evening, and really enjoyed it!I think your positive attitude and the fun your family had really shines through...

Your children seem so sweet, i loved the photo of Abbey ushering Aiden towards Marie and also buying him the nemo souveneirs! and thought the pinata was a very stylish choice in the mexico pavillion, can't wait to visit there!

You dealt so well with the mum pushing in, i've only ever had one bad experience in disney, I got rammed by a stroller and when I looked round in shock the lady just gave me a really defiant look... doesn't cost anything to be nice and polite!

I thought the clothes you had customised were great, and lucky meeting the playhouse disney characters with the matching shirts!

I really enjoyed the recap of all the good memories you had just as you were leaving the Wilderness Lodge, your report has definitely multiplied my desire to stay there!!! never been onsite, but WL is definitely in my top 3 with AKL and the poly...

and is it a bit sad that I want to get my face painted at AK (I'm 23!)

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report!
You are so sweet! Thank you for all of the wonderful compliments!

My kids are very sweet and my daughter is like another little Mommy to my son!

Buying custom clothes for Disney is a hobby/obsession of mine. I just think it adds so much to your trip!

The WL was a dream resort for us. It is still very nice and relaxing for the adults, but TONS to do and see for the kids too. Perfect combo! We would love to stay at the Poly at well.

Don't feel embarassed, my friend Katie is your age and she wants to get her face painted too!! I have seen grown adults get all dressed up at Bippity Boppity Boutique too Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Wonderful trip report!! It looks like you guys had a blast! There were so many things I wanted to comment on as I was reading but I can't remember it all now!

LOVE the Wilderness Lodge and your descriptions and pictures helped me remember why it is my favorite! Haven't been there in a while...

Even though I can't see your children's faces, the are just adorable! I love how Abby is so sweet with Aiden, always has her hand on his hand or on his back, sooo cute!

Thank you so much, Nikki!! I am so happy that you got to read it all. We absolutely loved the WL!

What a great observation about Abby always leading Aiden. She is such a good big sister and very protective of him. SO CUTE
Old 04-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #508
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

* Don’t forget my update links on page 1

After a delicious lunch at Pizzafari and a relaxing stop at the Baby Center, we headed to Camp Minnie/ Mickey!

We saw this guy fishing along the way!

We still had about an hour until the next Lion King show, so we decided to get in line for the characters.

With hardly any wait, we got to see Daisy in her Safari gear!

Next, we got in line for Goofy. Aiden was really getting the hang of the whole autograph book thing. He liked to have them open and ready when he was waiting in line

They cut the line off about 5 kids behind us saying that Goofy needed a break. Phew! Just made it! They were quickly taking pictures with the kids in front of us. It seemed like they were really trying to hurry the process up. Then…it was our turn.

I ushered the kids towards Goofy quickly and made sure my camera was ready and our autograph books were too. I knew from watching the kids in front of us that we would only have a few seconds with Goofy.

Abby and Aiden walked up to Goofy and…he walked away, coming straight towards me? He pointed to the stroller and started to laugh. Then he turned around and began to sit in the stroller

If you can remember back a couple of posts, all that fit in our car was are cheap small umbrella stroller. Goofy is HUGE so it was quite a site to see. The kids were cracking up laughing. However, the kids and parents behind us looked annoyed that we were taking so much time.

I reminded Goofy that we needed his autograph. He kept playing around with the kids and holding the book up high so they had to jump to get it. He was really being silly

We thought we were done, but then Goofy wanted a picture with Aiden. He started to “tickle” him and Aiden was just in heaven. Sweet thing was laughing so hard he could not breathe!

We began to say goodbye to Goofy, assuming at this point our session was finished.

Goofy had other ideas…

He started CHASING my children!!!

That is right. He abandoned his post and chased them all throughout Camp Minnie/Mickey! You thought the parents and kids were annoyed before?! They looked VERY annoyed now. I looked at the CM and she even looked shocked. It was so funny. He eventually made his way back to greet the other kids and we finally said goodbye!

WOW! What a character experience! One we will never forget

Cont on next post...

Last edited by BippityBoo; 04-25-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #509
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

It was time to go wait for FOTLK. We were probably the 5th family there (there was about 30 minutes until show time). The kids kept busy playing with other children there waiting. However, they did get restless towards the end. My DIS friend Staci had a great idea that I will use next time. She got Pizzafari lunch to go and ate while waiting for the show. That would have kept my kids busy

We finally got led in and we got a front row seat behind the handicap benches!!

Aiden began to look really sleepy and fell asleep right when the music began to play! Who can sleep through that loud music? My son can

We ended up being in the “Simba” area. So cool! He is my favorite.

The best part about our seats was that all of the props and performers came out of the tunnel right beside our seats! It was so wonderful! We just love the show. I always have a hard time getting pictures to come out, but here are a few…

During the part of the show where kids can participate, Abby got chosen!!! She did a great job and got to walk around shaking an instrument. Here she is walking to her spot in the show!

When it was time for the kids to go find their parents, Abby got a little confused and did not know where we were! She began to run right into the performance that was starting up with about 20 dancers and people on stilts

Luckily, the CMs are very quick to grab her and usher her right back to us. I think the CM that picks the kids is in charge of making sure that they get back to their parents in the right section. Go Disney

After another great show, we decided to go use our fastpasses at EE. I still was not sure if I should ride.

The walk to EE was…miserable.

My son was sleeping and we put him in the umbrella stroller again. He kept falling forward, so we had to lay the stroller back to keep him asleep. Our backs were KILLING us right away. So hard to navigate those things through the parks. Looking back, we should have totally rented the stroller. It would have been well worth the money, even if just used for a couple of hours. We had rented at the other parks that week, but opted out for our last day since we were only going to be there for the morning.

Here is a pic of my DH’s turn to push the stroller.

OUCH!

On our way through Asia, we saw this cute little snack stand that offered frozen cokes.

We got Abby a frozen coke and it was SO LARGE that we all got to taste it too. It was heavenly, except for the paper straw again

Once we continued our walk we saw this looming in the background

My stomach tightened and my hands started to sweat. Could I really get enough courage to ride EE ALONE?!

UP NEXT: Can I brave EE without my husband? We finally hit the road and find paradise on our way home. Stay tuned!!

Last edited by BippityBoo; 04-25-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #510
disney<333
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Great update! Can't wait to hear if you ride EE. I personally, can't ride because I get sick on those kinds of rides. I agree with skipping the Safari. It is not going anywhere and you can do it in December. My kids love to pin trade! Amy trades her pins about every 5 minutes!! Can we see a picture of Abby's necklace? I really want to try the pizza place this trip! I've heard great things about it!!!
That safari place by your house looks so cool! We have something like that too, about an hour away. You drive around in your car and you see all the animals and there is a CD you can put on too. Then they have this free mini theme park. With a water section, canoeing and different kinds of free boats, a few rides, and more. It's on my list for this summer.
We changed the May trip to this Tuesday!! Still have to decide of the kids are coming or not.
Have a good day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: