Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #451
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Thank you so much! I am sad that it is over too. I have LOTS to talk about in my PTR, so it should be ok. We are doing lots of fun Disney stuff soon and my daughter's American Girl birthday party is coming soon! Can't wait to post about it. You should look into the WL. Young children LOVE it and so do their parents One of the best resorts in all the World!!
Yes, I have definitely put WL on the list. I would love to do it around Christmas time!

Can't wait to hear all about your birthday celebration at American Girl. I have been to the LA and ATlanta stores twice each, but my DD has never been. American Girl has been a staple under our Christmas tree for 2 years now, and my daughter is really at the perfect age now I think to really enjoy a visit there (she will be 7 later this month). I am thinking of either taking her to NY in late Nov/early Dec, or next April for her birthday. I will be very interested to read your report!

Although I am resisting, my daughter wants to bring her American Girl with her to WDW this month. Did you let your daughter bring hers? Did you find it was a waste? I can't imagine wanting to lug a doll through the Parks. Maybe I could let her bring her doll just for one visit to the MK. Any thoughts/advise?

Also - I would be very interested in hearing more about how you used the WDW app for your park touring. I have resisted purchasing it up til now as the thought of walking thru the parks with my head down reading my iphone sounds silly. However, I am ready to be convinced...how did it help and how often did you use it?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #452
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Hey Katie! Once again, I'm SOOOO sorry that I've been gone for weeks. But your updates are fantastic! I have so much to comment on...

I'm glad that your family liked the Country Bears so much. It's one of the only things I remember from my first trip (when I was 2), and it's one of my grandparents' favorites. Michael and I opted out since there was so much we wanted to do this trip, but I'm sure we'll go again sometime.

WOW! How neat that Abby got to meet Jasmine, Tiana, and Daisy! How perfect that you were able to see all of them (and others) on your last day in the MK. I'm sure those little meets meant the world to your girl.

I'm glad that you didn't let them use your phone. If they really wanted to use your phone, they would have asked the CMs. But since they didn't want to talk to them, it's probably a sign that they weren't needing it to call their mom.

Aw, it's so sad that it's your last day in the parks! I know what you mean about trying to soak every last second in the lobby up. We just sat on the comfy couches and tried to think about anything but leaving. It's so sad to leave...

Haha--I was laughing SO hard at your picture. That is too funny. It is super scary, though. Michael and I agree that it's the scariest ride at WDW! Maybe next time you can ride with your DH (since family could stay with Aiden) and then you can hold his hand and open your eyes at times.

I'm sad to read about your last little bit in the parks! But at least you'll be back SUPER soon!!

Thats ok! I know life gets busy I am SO glad that you remember Country Bears at 2! My son is 2 so that makes me feel so hopeful that he will too!! The characters were awesome! It got to the point that I felt like they were real too

Those kids were really strange. It was an odd moment on our trip, but looking back, I know I made the right decision!

We love to sit on the couches too! A lot of people were always sitting in the WL especially because you just lay back and look UP and see all of the amazing details of the design. SO not easy to leave!

Dinosaur was so scary to me, but I am happy to hear that you guys agree too! I am hoping for the opportunity to ride again. You are right, I will need to be RIGHT up on my husband. Don't think I can go on any other way

Hope you will join my PTR on May 17th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
I just loved your TR!! and of course now I am rethinking WL...we had a reservation there and now it's at CR for Oct and then I was thinking POP because of the refurbed rooms but now you make me reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy want to stay at WL! I know you have mentioned several times you would only stay in a standard room if it overlooks the lobby....that's not a guarnatee is it? I would love to have a room that overlooks the lobby...it's so pretty!!
Well, it is really not a guarantee at all. I did ask for the room that we eventually got because I read it had the best view of Wishes from the room. IT DID but it also had the noise When we stayed at the Grand Floridian in October of 2008, I also got the room I asked for. If you are going at a slow time, they can usually give you what you want. BUT not many people get so lucky. It is a toss up!

The lobby view I am sure has it's fair share of noise being that it is over the lobby, but all in all it is so nice to watch everyone. AND the noise stops at night. Also, there is a tv/couch/fireplace corner right down the hall that you can enjoy. Search for the WL thread here on DIS...it has LOADS of info. I just make sure to add my request to my ressie and then follow up with a fax a week before we get there. HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Yes, I have definitely put WL on the list. I would love to do it around Christmas time!

Can't wait to hear all about your birthday celebration at American Girl. I have been to the LA and ATlanta stores twice each, but my DD has never been. American Girl has been a staple under our Christmas tree for 2 years now, and my daughter is really at the perfect age now I think to really enjoy a visit there (she will be 7 later this month). I am thinking of either taking her to NY in late Nov/early Dec, or next April for her birthday. I will be very interested to read your report!

Although I am resisting, my daughter wants to bring her American Girl with her to WDW this month. Did you let your daughter bring hers? Did you find it was a waste? I can't imagine wanting to lug a doll through the Parks. Maybe I could let her bring her doll just for one visit to the MK. Any thoughts/advise?

Also - I would be very interested in hearing more about how you used the WDW app for your park touring. I have resisted purchasing it up til now as the thought of walking thru the parks with my head down reading my iphone sounds silly. However, I am ready to be convinced...how did it help and how often did you use it?
OHHH my DD LOVES AG!! I am excited to post pictures of her party!! All of her stuff is coming in the mail already! She is getting Josephina from my MOm and a few fun accessories from us.

We would LOVE to go to the AG stores! We have not been yet, but are probably going to take a trip to NY next Thanksgiving (2011) and I want to save it for then. I am so glad I have another AG obsessed mommy to talk to

My daughter will be 7 on May 2nd. Sounds like they are close in age! I am dying to read about your NYC visit because you can give me advice!! Are you going to write a TR? Please do

This is the first year she has asked me to bring her AGs to the parks. She did TRY last trip, but now she is really pushing it. Now that I bought her AG that Belle dress, she will really want to bring her to the MK. I think that we may just let her. I am so nervous to lose her or damage her, but I have read AGPrincess's TRs (have you read them?) and she brings her AG dolls with her. She has a rule of one doll in the park and keeps a close eye on them. It is so cute, she takes pics of the dolls on the rides or in the lobby. You should check them out (let me know if you can't find them and I will send you the link).

SO--this year, ONE doll brought to WDW and she can ONLY come to MK. Sound reasonable?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #453
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Well, it is really not a guarantee at all. I did ask for the room that we eventually got because I read it had the best view of Wishes from the room. IT DID but it also had the noise When we stayed at the Grand Floridian in October of 2008, I also got the room I asked for. If you are going at a slow time, they can usually give you what you want. BUT not many people get so lucky. It is a toss up!

The lobby view I am sure has it's fair share of noise being that it is over the lobby, but all in all it is so nice to watch everyone. AND the noise stops at night. Also, there is a tv/couch/fireplace corner right down the hall that you can enjoy. Search for the WL thread here on DIS...it has LOADS of info. I just make sure to add my request to my ressie and then follow up with a fax a week before we get there. HTH

Thank You!!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #454
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

oops!

Last edited by WDisneyMom; 04-15-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #455
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
I am so glad I have another AG obsessed mommy to talk to

My daughter will be 7 on May 2nd. Sounds like they are close in age!

Are you going to write a TR? Please do

This is the first year she has asked me to bring her AGs to the parks. She did TRY last trip, but now she is really pushing it. Now that I bought her AG that Belle dress, she will really want to bring her to the MK. I think that we may just let her. I am so nervous to lose her or damage her, but I have read AGPrincess's TRs (have you read them?)

SO--this year, ONE doll brought to WDW and she can ONLY come to MK. Sound reasonable?
Yes - I definitely think I fit the category of AG obsessed mommy - LOL! I love the books in particular and the plain old fashioned manners the brand inspires.

Wow! Our daughters were born within a couple days of each other. Katie turns 7 on April 28. And I am a week later on May 5, so Abby falls right btwn us!

Yes, I think I will let her bring ONE AG doll with us on this trip. I am getting her doll the Snow White dress to match the dress she will be wearing for BBB, so that would probably be the day to bring her doll to the park.

And yes, I will be doing a TR! As a matter of fact, I have a PTR on the go now...hop over! The link is in my siggy!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #456
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes - I definitely think I fit the category of AG obsessed mommy - LOL! I love the books in particular and the plain old fashioned manners the brand inspires.

Wow! Our daughters were born within a couple days of each other. Katie turns 7 on April 28. And I am a week later on May 5, so Abby falls right btwn us!

Yes, I think I will let her bring ONE AG doll with us on this trip. I am getting her doll the Snow White dress to match the dress she will be wearing for BBB, so that would probably be the day to bring her doll to the park.

And yes, I will be doing a TR! As a matter of fact, I have a PTR on the go now...hop over! The link is in my siggy!
How did I miss your PTR?! It looks so cute already and I have only read the first post! I am off to catch up on it.

PS: I don't think I ever answered your iPhone app question. I downloaded these three apps:

1) WDW Dining
2) WDW Maps (or something titled like that)
3) WDW Wait Times

I used the Dining App about five times and it was nice to be able to pull up the menus and briefly go over what we wanted before we ordered. So, I would say it was worth it. Saves time for Mom (or whoever is ordering) and the other parent takes the kids to find a seat without having to stand and decide in front of the cramped menu/cashier area.

WDW Maps was NOT worth it. Never used it once and already knew where everything was.

WDW Wait Times was VERY accurate when I used it. I used it frequently and it saved us lots of time...LOTS of time. Especially in Epcot where the walks can be lengthy. When we were waiting to get on a ride, I would just take my phone out and scan the other rides to see what direction we should go next depending on what the wait times were. We would have decided on a ride (for example: Carpets of Aladdin) and then see that there was a 20 minute wait but only a 10 minute wait on Pirates, so we would do Pirates instead. We got to see a lot that way, I would buy this one first of the three if there is any question. I loved it...AND still use it today when I am at home. My daughter and I love to see what the wait times are when we are driving home from school! ha! Makes it fun
Old 04-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #457
cdotla
Trish

Katie - thank you so much for explaining to me about the apps. This is going to sound silly, but stupidly for some reason I was thinking that it would only be the FAST PASS rides that the wait times would be showing for.

i.e.) it would show you what the return times would be if you got a fast pass at any particular time.

I completely overlooked the fact that the app would give you the wait times for ALL rides in the park. Yes, I completely agree that this would be VERY helpful information to have. Now I will definitely get it for our trip!

So glad that you explained this to me!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #458
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Katie,
Wanted to chime in on the AG thing. I think your plan on letting her bring the doll to MK is a good one. Kaylee never asked about bringing them to Disney as she was always afraid to lose them and did not want to leave it in the room. I would have let bring one if she wanted to though. The pics with matching Belle dresses will be cute too . I think I love the dolls more than Kaylee but all I had were those ugly cabbage patch kids, nothing as nice as these girls have today. Also the NYC store is the best! Atlanta is okay but if your planning on going to NYC then it's worth the wait.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #459
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post

Hi Katie,
Wanted to chime in on the AG thing. I think your plan on letting her bring the doll to MK is a good one. Kaylee never asked about bringing them to Disney as she was always afraid to lose them and did not want to leave it in the room. I would have let bring one if she wanted to though. The pics with matching Belle dresses will be cute too . I think I love the dolls more than Kaylee but all I had were those ugly cabbage patch kids, nothing as nice as these girls have today. Also the NYC store is the best! Atlanta is okay but if your planning on going to NYC then it's worth the wait.
Nichole---Thank you so much for chiming in It is good to know that other Mommy's agree with what we decided on. I think that it will make for cute pictures too! Although, now Abby is saying that she is wishing for the Belle outfit for her birthday and that she may pick Tiana or Sleeping Beauty at BBB HAHA my child is always changing her mind! I guess I could find a sleeping beauty dress for the doll too.

Thinking of lugging around the AG doll in Epcot or AK makes me crazy! I think we will just stick to the MK. Also, I agree totally with the Cabbage Patch dolls! I was super happy when Abby picked one for her 5th birthday, but it was a "baby" cabbage patch and was much cuter than any of the ones I ever had. My grandmother bought me a $400 porcelain one when I was Abby's age! I still have it, but my cousin threw hers off of the steps and broke her face (literally) the first day we got them HAHA
Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #460
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Katie - thank you so much for explaining to me about the apps. This is going to sound silly, but stupidly for some reason I was thinking that it would only be the FAST PASS rides that the wait times would be showing for.

i.e.) it would show you what the return times would be if you got a fast pass at any particular time.

I completely overlooked the fact that the app would give you the wait times for ALL rides in the park. Yes, I completely agree that this would be VERY helpful information to have. Now I will definitely get it for our trip!

So glad that you explained this to me!
YES! It is wait times for all of the rides, not fastpass! How cool is that Glad I could help!!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #461
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Don't forget my update links on Page 1

After our scary ride on Dinosaur, we decided to walk towards EE to get a fastpass. I checked my phone, and the wait was already 40 minutes, even though the park was pretty empty.

When we got to EE, the coaster was just coming down the long drop on the mountain. Hearing all of the people scream got me a little nervous. We had a BLAST on the ride last year. BUT, my hubby was riding with me because my in-laws could watch the kids. This year, however, we would be single riders. I was not sure that I would have the courage to go alone, but we got two fastpasses just in case I changed my mind.

We continued our walk through Asia and took in the atmosphere. It is so amazing how authentic and detailed that the Animal Kingdom is! Even though there was lots to see, I had a mission.

Find Royal Anandapur Tea Company

I LOVE tea. Not too much of a coffee drinker, but I am obsessed with tea! Well, after reading about the wonderful teas at Anandapur, I had to check it out!

We eventually did find it.

If I can recall, it was kind of down and tucked away, which made it so neat to hang and sip my tea. I ordered the Honeybush Organic Superior tea. It was very refreshing, but the paper straw really bothered me and got soggy quickly. BUT, a small price to pay in order to keep the animals safe

We continued our treck towards Africa and stopped for a photopass in front of the Tree of Life.

We finally made it to Africa and the sounds of drums welcomed us. We walked up to the Safari ride, hoping that the wait would be low. However, it was still a 30 minute wait, so we decided to skip the wait and get Abby’s face painted. She did it on our last trip and just loved it! Also, the face painting stand is right in front of the Safari ride, so we could keep an eye out for a drop in wait times.

Abby picked a rainbow butterfly and the CM got started. She was very happy with the result!

After Abby was finished, she saw another pin trading cart. She bought a Minnie Mouse pin to add to her collection! This girl was getting REALLY good at picking pins

We glanced at the wait on the Safari Ride was still pretty high. We decided to keep touring because we did not have much time to waste before we hit the road.

We were not TOO sad about missing out on the Safari because we have a local place that is pretty close to the Safari experience. It is about 20 minutes from our house and we just LOVE going. Here are some pics from our trip this year on my birthday.

Here is the view when you drive in!!

The wagon that you get to ride on to check out the animals!

A few animals from our ride.

You are actually allowed to feed the animals out of the wagon!

These two are named Aladdin and Abu

WOW!!

We are so lucky to have something so amazing so close to our house! OK—Back to WDW!

Cont on next page…

Last edited by BippityBoo; 04-16-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #462
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

After face painting, we saw this CM standing at a table alone.

She had many hand-made instruments and games on the table and Abby was curious about it. So, we headed over to say hi.

We found out that her name was M-Po (Pronounced MMMM-PO) She was from Africa and was working at WDW with hopes of being a performer one day. She showed Abby the African game, Mancala.

If you have never played, it is a skill and numbers game using marbles and a wooden board. They played for a long time and I was so surprised how interested Abby was!

When they were finished with their game, she invited Aiden to come play instruments with her. They were playing the instruments and dancing around! People walking by joined in and it was a really special experience

After our fun, she told us all about her life back in Africa and her husband and son. It was such a touching moment that only Disney could deliver. I was thinking “where else could I experience this?!” We all gave M-Po a big hug goodbye. I could tell that she really liked the kids and enjoyed herself. We did too. Look for M-Po on your next visit!!!!

We were getting pretty hungry from all of our walking around, so we made our way to our lunch choice.

PIZZAFARI!!

We were so impressed with this Counter Service. We all got little personal sized pizzas and drinks for lunch. It was good pizza and the atmosphere was very cheerful and colorful. We pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves, so we spread out at a big table and enjoyed the cool A.C.

After our yummy lunch, Aiden was in serious need of a diaper change. I saw that there was a baby center right next to Pizzafari, so we decided to check it out.

I love all of the Baby Centers in WDW, but this one was extra nice! It was SO clean and had a very big playroom for the kids to run and watch movies in.

We were super impressed with this Baby Center. Keep it in mind even if you have older kids that just need a little break from the heat.

Now we were all rested and cleaned up! We had about 2 hours until we needed to hit the road to head home. Still plenty to do during our last hours at Disney World!!

UP NEXT: The CRAZIEST character experience yet involving Goofy, my kids and our stroller! One of the best Lion King experiences EVER! Do I get on EE without my hubby?? STAY TUNED!

Last edited by BippityBoo; 04-16-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #463
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

What a cool safari you have by your house! We have something similar, but haven't been in years - in fact, I don't think we've ever taken the kids, and it's only about 45 min to an hour away. I may need to do that this summer, thanks for the idea!

It sounds like you had a wonderful experience with the CM from Africa, it's amazing what you will discover if you just slow down and take it all in isn't it?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #464
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
What a cool safari you have by your house! We have something similar, but haven't been in years - in fact, I don't think we've ever taken the kids, and it's only about 45 min to an hour away. I may need to do that this summer, thanks for the idea!

It sounds like you had a wonderful experience with the CM from Africa, it's amazing what you will discover if you just slow down and take it all in isn't it?
Your welcome!! The kids just love it! I am happy to hear that you have something similar by your house

It IS so neat what you can see when you slow down. That is what our Dec trip will be about. Slowing down and taking it all in. Probably a lot like you and your Mom will do in May
Old 04-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #465
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

looks like a really fun time in Africa!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: