Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #31
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
I do scrapbook, but I am kicking it up a notch with this trip. I am going to try to "really" scrapbook with journal entries, photo cds, etc. Our scrapbook stores keep going out of business, so I will need to order most online. Let me know if you know of any good sites.
I know you didn't ask me, but mousememories.com is a great online scrapbooking store for Disney and vacation merchandise!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #32
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Subscribing! Can't wait to read all about your trip

Emma x
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #33
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

** I added Update Links on PG.1 to make it easier to read my TR! Check it out**

I left off last time falling asleep in Gainesville, dreaming of our first day at WDW!!

We woke up around 7am. The hotel we were staying in (a Comfort Inn) offered a nice breakfast with bagels, muffins, cereal, etc. So, I sent my DH down to the seating area to get the food while I dressed the kids and packed up.

**Quick Side Note: We were on the very end of the “crazy freeze” that was sweeping the Nation! It is usually in the 70s where I am from in January, so we were not prepared for such COLD weather. I had to make a quick run to Academy Sports to get thermal undies for the family so that we could survive our first day at the park. It made loading and unloading the car difficult because it was so frigid! It also made dressing the kids longer because we had to layer them**

After we re-packed the car, we were off!! We had about a 2 hour drive ahead of us. Many of you have been asking me how the drive was. I can honestly say that I am shocked how easy it was. My DH and I both agree that we will not stop next time. Our idea was that we may need our rest so we should stop in order to be fresh for our arrival/park day. But, I think next time we will just drive right in and spend that night in the hotel eating and exploring the resort….maybe take a trip to DTD. Please keep in mind, though, that my kids are especially good in the car. We got lucky!

While driving along, we spotted this!

Then this!

And finally…..THIS!

We were all screaming. I was so excited. It felt like it was a dream. I had put on a Disney C.D. and the song “If you can dream” was playing. It was an amazingl moment.

We hit a little bit of traffic around the EPCOT/Swan area. My DS (2) saw his first Disney bus of the vacation and flipped out! He was screaming “Look!! Mickey bus!!” He loves buses so one with Mickey all over it just made him so happy.

Eventually, we made our way to the Wilderness Lodge!!!

Cont on next post...

Last edited by BippityBoo; 01-18-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #34
elle bell
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the sneak peak. We are planning on driving straight through on the way down and contemplating stopping in Savannah on the way back home.

Looking forward to read your update tonight!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #35
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

We took a quick pic by the entrance and then walked into the lobby. WOW!! It was absolutely breathtaking! We were all so impressed!! Even if you do not stay at the WL, you must make a trip for dinner or just to explore. We were sooo blown away. I am afraid the pictures do not do it justice!

My DH went to check in. Our travel agent had done the online check-in service for us before our arrival. Check in was a breeze. They gave us a packet then got our phone number so that they could text us when our room was ready. The kids busied themselves in the kids area for a while.

We walked around and explored a little bit. The kids threw some coins from the bridge in the lobby. This was their favorite spot.

Then, we went to the shop to buy some waters and autograph books.

When we were shopping, the lady at the check out (who my DH gets and interesting story from later in the vacation—stay tuned) asked my DD what her favorite Disney movie is. She said “Little Mermaid” because she loves Ariel. The CM then asked her “What is the name of the talking crab?” Abby answered “Sebastian.” The CM took out 20 trading pins and dumped them on the table and told her to pick whatever one she wanted. She picked a Mickey Mouse one. The CM said ‘You just had your first magical moment”. It was a great way to start the trip…and there were MANY more magical moments with CMs to come.

When we left the shop, we decided it was time to head to the MK!!! We had to bundle up…remember, it is FREZING out! But, it was also a clear, beautiful day. We had lots to look forward to---so we headed to the boat dock. This is what we saw along the way.

UP NEXT: Did our room get upgraded? Does the cold keep us from having fun at the MK?

Last edited by BippityBoo; 01-18-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #36
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Great update! I love the "behind the scenes" pictures. And wow - that's some amazing organization! I can't imagine how long it took you to pack all of that!
Thank you!!! A looonnngg time

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Hi Katie!

I'm here!! Great job so far. I can't wait to follow along on your family's trip. I'm so glad you had the time of your lives...and I'm sure many, many memories were made! I love all of the containers. It's so nice that you could drive and take as much as you wanted!

Can't wait for more!!
I know! It is a blessing and a curse! We took a lot with us that we could not take with flying. Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Another one here saying wow Katie you are one organised packer, the boxes are great and so neat

Glad to hear the drive went well, that's the same length as our flight
WOW!!! I could not survive flying that long Thanks for the compliment and for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Woo-hoo! Girl, you are fast! Already started your report and it's already on page 2!!! I am usually in such a stupor after a trip it takes me a while to get my act together to actually start writing!

I love your bins and am very curious about how they worked transferring from car to room. I'm thinking of packing bins this time (less than 3 weeks away...woo-hoo) but was trying to think of the logistics of transferring and storing in the room, etc...

Love the organized car - did you take a picture of everything loaded in? I have 3 across in the backseat (unless I put my oldest in the 3rd row of the Tahoe but I think I will need that space for luggage) so the tub in between carseats won't work, so I'm trying to figure out where to put all the "travel stuff".

I'm so grateful you are posting about the packing and such - it's always something I dwell on! (Husband thinks I'm nuts!)

Looking forward to more!!

Sara
Haha my Dh thinks I am crazy too, dont worry! We took out the third seat in our Tahoe. I wanted to take pics of the car packed, but it was 10 degrees when we left and, honestly, we were just thinking of jumping into the heated car I just lined up the containers along the back then the suitcases up front for easy access.

I will post later about transferring stuff into the room. The containers fell off of the dolly a couple of times, but they ended up being very helpful in the room. I told my DH that we should have gotten a packing cardboard box and transferred them in it. Just an idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I know you didn't ask me, but mousememories.com is a great online scrapbooking store for Disney and vacation merchandise!
Awesome!!! Cant wait to check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Subscribing! Can't wait to read all about your trip

Emma x
Yay! So happy you are in!! Still need to catch up on yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle bell View Post
Thanks for the sneak peak. We are planning on driving straight through on the way down and contemplating stopping in Savannah on the way back home.

Looking forward to read your update tonight!
Your welcome! Just posted it! Check it out!!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #37
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Oh! how magical for Abby! Wilderness Lodge is beautiful...I so want to stay there in Nov/Dec but I know it is out of the question having to get two rooms when we go. Maybe next time...something to look forward to!

We drive straight through!!! always there and home...next time we think we are going to stop a night on the way home; depends on what day I plan to drive home on.

BTW: Ashton will be 4 next visit...so I believe he is a few years behind Abby and a yr ahead of Aiden.
Connie
Old 01-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #38
KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
Creates edible masterpieces
Planning a huge WDW family reunion...I know, I'm insane!!!

Hi Katie! Loving the TR so far, you're making me homesick for the WL!

*Angela*
Old 01-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #39
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Yay! You're there!

The Wilderness Lodge is so pretty, I'd love to stay there someday.

How cool that Abby got a pin almost as soon as she arrived!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:30 PM   #40
mom2shayleeandlogan
Mouseketeer

Wow, great start! It's the little things that make Disney so special, I am sure your daughter loved getting to pick a pin! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #41
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Oh! how magical for Abby! Wilderness Lodge is beautiful...I so want to stay there in Nov/Dec but I know it is out of the question having to get two rooms when we go. Maybe next time...something to look forward to!

We drive straight through!!! always there and home...next time we think we are going to stop a night on the way home; depends on what day I plan to drive home on.

BTW: Ashton will be 4 next visit...so I believe he is a few years behind Abby and a yr ahead of Aiden.
Connie
Connie---We stopped in Pensacola on the way home and got an excellent rate on a Gulf view room at the Holiday Inn. I will post pics on my last post. It was a really nice Holiday Inn that was totally rennovated after the storm. The room was HUGE! Let me know if you are interested in more info. We paid $130 a night and there were non gulf/bay rooms for $99. It would be great to stay and lounge, pool, bar, restaurants, beach access.

Do you have a normal stroller that you use for Ashton at home? I would highly reccomend taking it with you instead of renting. The positive of renting is obviously no hauling on and off transportation like buses, boats, etc. The negative is that you dont have it during wait times for those transportations and through the lobby, up the elevator and to your room in case he falls asleep. We did LOTS of carrying our big baby boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRSTIN'S MOMMY View Post
Hi Katie! Loving the TR so far, you're making me homesick for the WL!

*Angela*
ANGELA!!! Oh my goodness, so sorry I did not send you the link! What was I thinking I am going to do a post next about you and was going to ask you if you mind that I give out your info if anyone wants it? Thanks for reading!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Yay! You're there!

The Wilderness Lodge is so pretty, I'd love to stay there someday.

How cool that Abby got a pin almost as soon as she arrived!
I know!!! The place is AMAZING! I can not rave enough.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #42
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2shayleeandlogan View Post
Wow, great start! It's the little things that make Disney so special, I am sure your daughter loved getting to pick a pin! Can't wait to see what happens next.
I know! I could not believe it!! The CMs were SO wonderful this trip!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #43
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Connie---We stopped in Pensacola on the way home and got an excellent rate on a Gulf view room at the Holiday Inn. I will post pics on my last post. It was a really nice Holiday Inn that was totally rennovated after the storm. The room was HUGE! Let me know if you are interested in more info. We paid $130 a night and there were non gulf/bay rooms for $99. It would be great to stay and lounge, pool, bar, restaurants, beach access.

great price! we normally go to our fav in Ft Walton but I haven't been to Pensacola in about 20 yrs...we are doing FWB over the summer so I may have to get the info and make that our stop for the way home!

Do you have a normal stroller that you use for Ashton at home? I would highly reccomend taking it with you instead of renting. The positive of renting is obviously no hauling on and off transportation like buses, boats, etc. The negative is that you dont have it during wait times for those transportations and through the lobby, up the elevator and to your room in case he falls asleep. We did LOTS of carrying our big baby boy

Great point! I didn't think about that!! but, I may have to check into renting one from one of the local renting agencies(will have to do some research)...as I mentioned before we can not fit the stroller and luggage...

funny story Danny & I were finished bringing kids all over so as his 40th bday and new car (we had given Gwendolyn our car) we bought a Mach I Mustang...that is what I drive...when we bought it we did know we were going to be adding to our family two years later!...love it but, not made for family travel!

Old 01-18-2010, 05:24 PM   #44
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

Old 01-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #45
luckylady
DIS Veteran

I"m in. Love how your DD got a magical moment right away. That was great. Love WL, trying to talk DH into there insted of Polly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: