Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #406
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Phew!

OK, girl, I am all caught up now!! You guys look like you just had the best time - I'm bummed we just missed you, though! Oh well, maybe another time we'll be there at the same time!

I don't even know where to begin, I loved it all! I just love reading your TRs, they are so great and fun!!!

Can't wait to read about your upcoming winter trip - should be a blast!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #407
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Great updates, Katie! I loved your Spectro picture, but I agree that the picture you took through the window of hubby and the kids just "being" is the best picture! So sweet!

That last night in MK is so bittersweet, isn't it?

Can't wait to hear about your next day and that ride picture!!

Sara
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #408
jwwi
DIS Veteran

First I just love the picture you took inside the Christmas store of your husband with your kids. So cute....
Leaving the MK at the end of a trip is always so sad. It is fun to watch Spectromagic, but I do agree with you about the location.

I know what you mean about the noise from the loading area of WL. Our first trip there we stayed down the hall toward the boat launch from where you were. I loved to see the castle through the trees, and the monorail, but I would not stay there again. I just could not sleep, and I live near a train track.

My other two stays were better, one room down the hall from the gift shop, so convenient. Would definitely recommend that location. My last stay was at the VWL, unfortunately we were at the very end of the hall, which was a tough walk for my DM. But so quiet, we both slept so soundly.

Can't wait to see your ride picture and final day pictures.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #409
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Your Pluto picture during Spectro is hilarious! I love when the characters interact with the audience during a parade. We witnessed some of that during our last night when we were watching Spectro, and even though it didn't happen to us, it was one of the most magical moments of our trip! (I'll be sure to tell about it in my TR!)

Sorry your Wishes spot wasn't too great - I feel your pain. We also had a not-so great spot to watch the show on our last night. But you're right - it really is beautiful no matter what!

Now I really am sad that your last night is wrapped up - but I'm definitely excited for this ride pic!
Pluto cracked us up the entire trip!! I can't wait to hear about waht you witnessed!!!

UGH I love Wishes, too. We usually stand on the bridge towards Fantasyland and we just could not make it there through the crowd of people.

The ride pic is quite funny! Wait until you see it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Yeah, your balcony view left a little to be desired didn't it? Thank goodness you had your noise machine and were able to at least lessen the disturbance of those trucks!

I have yet to sit and watch Spectro, my kids never want to watch parades so I don't get the chance to see them. Maybe Mom & I will catch a parade or two - here in LESS THAN 4 WEEKS! Sorry, I'm excited

You were right to go with your first instinct and not hand over your phone to those kids, it does seem very odd that they wouldn't go to a CM for help when they were everywhere. It also seems odd to me that a mother would let her children go off on their own without a way to contact them

OH WOW! Yes, you need to sit and watch Spectro FOR SURE! We just love the music. And, you can do it while your sons are not there to whine. ha!

I am SO excited to read about your trip! I would love to take a trip with my Mom. How fun!

I thought the same thing. I would have gone right to a CM if I was their age and scared. It was sooo strange.

Our view was great on one hand, and awful on another. NEVER again! You live and you learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I love your little girl's bow! It's so cute!
Thank you!! It was made by Becky (ladybugmom) here on the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Phew!

OK, girl, I am all caught up now!! You guys look like you just had the best time - I'm bummed we just missed you, though! Oh well, maybe another time we'll be there at the same time!

I don't even know where to begin, I loved it all! I just love reading your TRs, they are so great and fun!!!

Can't wait to read about your upcoming winter trip - should be a blast!!!
I know! You go so much, I am SURE we will be there at one point together Thank you so much for the kind words! I am trying hard to do well on this TR. Excited for my PTR and excited to read more about your trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Great updates, Katie! I loved your Spectro picture, but I agree that the picture you took through the window of hubby and the kids just "being" is the best picture! So sweet!

That last night in MK is so bittersweet, isn't it?

Can't wait to hear about your next day and that ride picture!!

Sara

I love the picture too! It just shows how relaxing and nice WDW can be! I always hate knowing that it is the last MK night. But that is what we have DIS for, right?

Ohh the picture--it is funny. Can't wait to show you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
First I just love the picture you took inside the Christmas store of your husband with your kids. So cute....
Leaving the MK at the end of a trip is always so sad. It is fun to watch Spectromagic, but I do agree with you about the location.

I know what you mean about the noise from the loading area of WL. Our first trip there we stayed down the hall toward the boat launch from where you were. I loved to see the castle through the trees, and the monorail, but I would not stay there again. I just could not sleep, and I live near a train track.

My other two stays were better, one room down the hall from the gift shop, so convenient. Would definitely recommend that location. My last stay was at the VWL, unfortunately we were at the very end of the hall, which was a tough walk for my DM. But so quiet, we both slept so soundly.

Can't wait to see your ride picture and final day pictures.
OHH Thanks so much for the tip! We did see those rooms, and I did not know they were there!! What is the view like being down on the first floor? The Villas sound wonderful!

HAHA our ride picture---cant wait to post it!

Thanks so much for reading!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #410
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Hey Katie

just caught up on your couple reports...I love how excited Abby was seeing the Princesses and Princes; that is what it is all about isn't it?!? so how would you rate your location for spectromagic (which location do you think is the better spot--share please I need to know before I leave in a few weeks ) that is good to know about the wind and the fireworks...I am just praying it does not rain for our trip this go round! Wonderful castle pictures, that night!!! can't wait to hear about your ride...
Old 04-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #411
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Isn't the last night always so sad? I can usually never do the last night in MK because I always start crying and it is just sad for me. I do go there the last morning just not the last night. I guess I'm just weird like that. This past trip we spent the last night in MK and lets just say I needed tissues.
Sounds like you guys had a great night! WL is so pretty!! Aiden is so cute with his pirate hat! I agree with what you said about where you watched Spectro. We never watch parades on MS, we usually watch them in between BTMR and HM. I recommend this spot. When I saw your snack picture I said to myself "Did they really have just soda and ketchup!?!?!" I couldn't see the fries. Wishes always gets me. I watch it every night on Youtube. Can't wait to hear about AK.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #412
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hey Katie

just caught up on your couple reports...I love how excited Abby was seeing the Princesses and Princes; that is what it is all about isn't it?!? so how would you rate your location for spectromagic (which location do you think is the better spot--share please I need to know before I leave in a few weeks ) that is good to know about the wind and the fireworks...I am just praying it does not rain for our trip this go round! Wonderful castle pictures, that night!!! can't wait to hear about your ride...

Thanks for catching up On a scale from 1-10...Main Street/Castle area "10", Frontierland (in front of Pecos Bill) "4". I just really did not like it! Again, if you are there during peak touring times, it would be nice to watch from Frontierland because no one is really there.Another good spot that a few people have recomended (like disney,333 below) is by HM. Otherwise, stick with Main Street or the Castle. HTH.

I am praying for no rain for you too! The ride pic is so funny. I will def. post before you leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Isn't the last night always so sad? I can usually never do the last night in MK because I always start crying and it is just sad for me. I do go there the last morning just not the last night. I guess I'm just weird like that. This past trip we spent the last night in MK and lets just say I needed tissues.
Sounds like you guys had a great night! WL is so pretty!! Aiden is so cute with his pirate hat! I agree with what you said about where you watched Spectro. We never watch parades on MS, we usually watch them in between BTMR and HM. I recommend this spot. When I saw your snack picture I said to myself "Did they really have just soda and ketchup!?!?!" I couldn't see the fries. Wishes always gets me. I watch it every night on Youtube. Can't wait to hear about AK.
HAHA I know what you mean, tissues are a must have! We LOVED the WL!! We are staying there again in December I think! I will have to try HM! I am curious...think that would be a good spot instead of Frontierland, but still far away from Main Street/Castle.

We ate the fries before I could take the pic!! We were super hungry! I think we got supper at the WL late that night!

I will post about AK soon! Thanks for reading
Old 04-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #413
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Another good spot that a few people have recomended (like disney,333 below) is by HM. Otherwise, stick with Main Street or the Castle. HTH.

I will have to try HM! I am curious...think that would be a good spot instead of Frontierland, but still far away from Main Street/Castle.
I really recommend watching by HM. You can get a nice spot there 15-20 minutes before the parade. As soon as the parade is over we run and do HM with no line then the rest of the gang does Splash and BTM both with little to no wait.
I hope too many people don't take my secret spot or else it won't be special anymore!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #414
cdotla
Trish

Great update Katie! That last nite in MK is so hard, isn't it?

At least you knew then that you would be returning within the year. It is going to be so hard for me on our upcoming trip walking out of the MK after Wishes and not knowing exactly when we will be getting back.

Oh well, at least you will be starting your next PTR shortly after we get back - I can live vicariously through you!

While I don't mind watching Spectro from Adventureland (and in fact, one of my favourite spots is beside Sleepy Hollow), I agree wholeheartedly about Main Street and the Hub being the best place for Wishes. Yes, it is crowded. No question. But you just can't beat the view!

I am dying to hear all about your last day in the Parks and see this infamous ride photo! I have a hunch on what ride it is, so I am dying to see if I am right!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #415
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

I forgot to comment earlier about Tiana...what a great meet and greet. The dress she wears is amazingly beautiful. I am glad you had such great interactions with them. I am going to do everything in my power to make sure Bella gets to meet them!!!

Your night at MK looks amazing. Very strange about those kids. I don't think I would have let them use my phone, either. So Abby is a roller coaster enthusiast now? BTMRR at night sounds like it would be fun!!!
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 04-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #416
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Great update Katie! That last nite in MK is so hard, isn't it?

At least you knew then that you would be returning within the year. It is going to be so hard for me on our upcoming trip walking out of the MK after Wishes and not knowing exactly when we will be getting back.

Oh well, at least you will be starting your next PTR shortly after we get back - I can live vicariously through you!

While I don't mind watching Spectro from Adventureland (and in fact, one of my favourite spots is beside Sleepy Hollow), I agree wholeheartedly about Main Street and the Hub being the best place for Wishes. Yes, it is crowded. No question. But you just can't beat the view!

I am dying to hear all about your last day in the Parks and see this infamous ride photo! I have a hunch on what ride it is, so I am dying to see if I am right!
Awww...happy I can help fill the time in between trips for you The last day at MK is very hard! I really don't like it!

I will have to try your trick in Adventureland! I only have experience with Main Street and Frontierland. I agree, get over the crowd for the awesome view!!

HAHA I hope that you are right! I am the biggest baby on rides, but this one took the CAKE! I may update about it today, cant wait to tell you guys about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
I forgot to comment earlier about Tiana...what a great meet and greet. The dress she wears is amazingly beautiful. I am glad you had such great interactions with them. I am going to do everything in my power to make sure Bella gets to meet them!!!

Your night at MK looks amazing. Very strange about those kids. I don't think I would have let them use my phone, either. So Abby is a roller coaster enthusiast now? BTMRR at night sounds like it would be fun!!!
They were AWESOME!!! I really hope you get to meet them (and you have the same ones we did). Bella will love it! Again, the only way to see them is to make frequent trips past the gazebo (next to the bridge to Adventureland and behind Liberty Tree Tavern). Also, try to ask the CMs but get them to radio in for you. I asked 2 and they just simply did not know when they were going to be there. If my memory is right, they were usually there during lunch time like 11-1 or so. BUT only for a short time, so keep an eye out!

Those kids were so strange!! I am glad that everyone agrees that they would have done the same thing. I did not want to seem rude or uncompassionate, but I wanted to be smart too.

OHHH yea, Abby could not stop talking about it! She even talks about it here at home all the time. She cant wait to go back and ride again! She is def. like her father
Old 04-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #417
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

I loved your Spectromagic pictures. That is my favorite night time show in Disney! Sorry you did not like FL for the parade spot. To me since we go when it's busy I don't mind since I have never had someone steal my spot there or try to sit on my lap also the parade begins in FL so that is plus. But it's not pretty like Main St or the castle hub? I loved your WL pics too. We hopefully will get back there sometime. We usually book Woods or courtyard so didn't have the trucks making noise. But so glad you posted about it in case we ever book standard. Looks like a great ending to a great day. That last walk down Main St is the worst though .
Old 04-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #418
disney2mom
Mouseketeer

Great update! I love your picture in the Christmas store! That is my absolute favorite store in ALL of Disney!! My family always picks out an ornament that we have monogrammed with our name every year that we go! Looking at your WL pictures is getting me so excited for our visit, I just love the feel of this resort. It sounds like you had a magical trip

DISNEY DREAM-MAR 2015(FIRST CRUISE)

Me- , DH- , DD-14 , DS-11

Old 04-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #419
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney2mom View Post
Great update! I love your picture in the Christmas store! That is my absolute favorite store in ALL of Disney!! My family always picks out an ornament that we have monogrammed with our name every year that we go! Looking at your WL pictures is getting me so excited for our visit, I just love the feel of this resort. It sounds like you had a magical trip
Thank you!!! The Christmas Store is my favorite too! I really love Christmas and shopping for it. I am curious, did you get your ornament monogrammed there? During both of our trips, the kids and DH were waiting on me to shop, so I have never been able to spend as much time in there as I would like.

The WL is AMAZING! The kids just loved all of the exploring they could do and I loved the smell of home-made food and the warm feel. You will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
I loved your Spectromagic pictures. That is my favorite night time show in Disney! Sorry you did not like FL for the parade spot. To me since we go when it's busy I don't mind since I have never had someone steal my spot there or try to sit on my lap also the parade begins in FL so that is plus. But it's not pretty like Main St or the castle hub? I loved your WL pics too. We hopefully will get back there sometime. We usually book Woods or courtyard so didn't have the trucks making noise. But so glad you posted about it in case we ever book standard. Looks like a great ending to a great day. That last walk down Main St is the worst though .
I totally agree! Its not like the FL spot was BAD, but if you are lucky enough to have low crowds, chose another.

I would really like to book a Woods View. I was going to try to get the Standard/Lobby view, but I might just upgrade to make sure we can get peaceful sleep! UGH walking out is the WORST!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #420
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Don't forget my update links on page 1

Our last morning came and we were not ready to leave. Like most of us do, my husband and I kicked around the idea of staying a few more days, but the Saints were playing in their first playoff game the following day and we had plans back at home.

We dressed for our final day in the parks and packed up the rest of our things. I called downstairs and had the bellman come up to get our luggage. He was there in about 10 minutes. While he and my DH went to load the car, I took the kids to Roaring Forks to fill up our mugs and grab a few bagels for breakfast.

We met my DH in the lobby. We decided to go to the WL Mercantile one last time to get souvenirs for our family.

Abby walking into the store:

The entrance:

I don’t know if I mentioned it before, but we were SO impressed with this store. The only other ones I have to compare it to are the shops in the Grand Floridian from our 08 trip. It was stocked with milk, cheese, snacks, medicines and baby supplies. It also had a wonderful selection of merchandise and was quite large.

My DH picked out a Wilderness Lodge shirt. I heard recently that some of the Resorts are not selling Resort Specific Merchandise (like his shirt) anymore. I hope this is just a rumor, that would be horrible!

We also picked out a beautiful piece of wood cut from a tree. It had a sketch of the WL on it. I wish I would have gotten a picture of it, but we ended up giving it to my in-law’s for picking up our dog from the boarder and so, I did not get one. It makes a nice display in their home, though!

We also got this “totem pole” picture holder for my son’s room. We ended up taking a picture in front of the REAL WL totem pole and using it.

After we checked out our purchases, we had to face the music. We were leaving the WL

We walked around and I took some pics in the lobby.

I saw new families checking in and it made me so sad to see how excited they were! It is no fun leaving somewhere that you had so much fun.

The infamous seating area next to the bridge where we threw at least $1,000 in coins throughout the trip and the scene of Aiden’s janitor parade

The rocking chairs that provided cozy moments by the fire for our family.

We were in total awe of the greatness of the lobby every time we walked through it and will always remember our crazy dinner at Whispering Canyon.

The hallway that we walked daily to take the bus to fun family park days or to the WL arcade. We will always treasure the amazing caricature that we had made here.

I slipped away and secretly bought my DD a pin that she had been eyeing (Ariel in her aqua wedding gown) and a Wilderness Lodge pin. She was thrilled to get them and with that, our time at the WL was over.

We absolutely LOVED the Wilderness Lodge and will stay there again for years to come!

As we walked to the parking lot, the harsh reality that we actually had to get in our own car and drive ourselves to the park began to sink in We followed the signs the entire way and found it pretty easily. I kept looking longingly at the Disney buses along the way, wishing that we could just get dropped off at the front of the park. I know we could have taken the bus from the WL and then gone back to get our car, but we REALLY needed to get on the road soon, so that would take up too much time.

We arrived and parked in the parking lot. Then, we were escorted to the “Tram” that would take us to the front of the park.

Even though our spirits were down, we cheered up quickly when we saw this!

WE WERE BACK IN ANIMAL KINDOM!

It was just past opening, so not many people were there yet.

We decided not to rent a stroller for that day in order to save money (since we were leaving after lunch). However, the only stroller we could fit in the car was the cheap umbrella stroller. Man, did this end up being a mistake! More on that later.

As we entered, we took the usual Tree of Life Photopass picture and headed to Dinoland!

Cont on next post..

Last edited by BippityBoo; 04-07-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: