Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #391
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Great update! You guys sure did luck out with the character meets! And you're officially making me want to stay at WL on our next trip (which hopefully will be soon!)! That place is gorgeous!
And on a side note, I forgot to mention last time how much I LOVED American Girl dolls when I was growing up! I only had Samantha and Felicity, but so wish I could have collected all of them along with all their junk! I do hope Emma loves them as much as I did! Can't wait to start buying them for her!!

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 04-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #392
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Links to my previous updates are on page 1

Ok, at the end of my last update, we were back in our room for a quick rest and to start packing. I found it amazingly easy to pack up this trip! I was pretty much done packing a majority of our stuff in about 30 minutes. I brought the reusable shopping bags from the Disney Store to transport all of our new goodies. It took about 4 large bags, but we were eventually packed up! I kept out our outfits for the following day and our toiletries.

I decided to take some pictures of our balcony and our view to show you guys. Here is our balcony.

View to the right:

View from the front:

View to the left:

The balcony was a big enough size for us, but we rarely used it. Of course, it was not quite as large as our amazing Grand Floridian/MK view the previous year, but it was sufficient.

Now…for the telling pictures

I know many of you are just joining in on the TR. I booked a Standard View and got an amazing view of Wishes, Space Mountain and a peek at Cinderella’s Castle!

However, we also got this view right below us

They would come to get the trash and unload food for the Resort right under our room…all night long! Luckily, we had a sound machine, but it was still bothersome. For our upcoming trip, I am going to specifically ask for the Standard Rooms that overlook the lobby. It seems to be the best bet as far as view and noise (even though it can be noisy during the day---at least it is not at 3am!!)

Here was our view to the left:

And to the right (if you look over the loading zone):

So, while we had a great “view”, the sites and sounds from the loading zone were not worth the trouble. If money permits, you would be better off getting a Woods View.

Ok, so after our brief rest, we were excited and sad to head back to MK! I just could not believe that the trip had flown by so fast.

On our way out to the dock, I took pictures of the Counter Service Roaring Forks entrance and menu. We really enjoyed our meals there!

The sun was setting and we made our way down the beautiful dock

We absolutely loved taking the boat over. We never ran into any long wait periods and enjoyed the relaxing ride---it really added to our experience!

Magic Kingdom was pretty low key when we got back. Everyone was strolling around and enjoying the decorations while the soft music played.

We made our way to the castle so that we could walk “through” it. We did not have a chance to do that yet this trip, so we enjoyed the colorful tile and looking into the Bippity Boppity Boutique. Because we were cramming so much in this trip, we did not do BBB (much to my DD’s dismay). We are definitely going to do it again in December when we have more leisure time!

Of course, the infamous crane was in full force. I know it is necessary to keep the castle looking beautiful, so I will be the one to sacrifice

After our walk through the castle, we headed over to ride Pirates again! I stopped at the Christmas Shop in Liberty Square to get an ornament to remember our trip by. I ended up picking out a beautiful cream ornament with a castle on top. It was truly my favorite, I just love it! Sorry, no pic of it! I already packed it away in my Christmas boxes

I had to wait in line for a while before I could check out (that place is ALWAYS packed!) I saw my DH and my kids sitting on a bench outside through the store window. It was such a special moment because I realized how lucky we were to be there having the time of our lives. I just had to snap a picture

After purchasing my ornament, we were off to Pirates!

When we got there, the ride was broken and not running at the moment. So, we decided to do some shopping in the awesome gift shop! The kids had so much fun exploring all of the pirate items!

First the Pirate’s Treasure!

(Took this one without my flash so you could see how it lit up)

(And this one with my flash)

It was really neat, there were many jewels in a large treasure chest. They gave you a small black bag and you could stuff the bag full of “treasure”. Both of the kids got a bag.

Then, we found Aiden a Captain Hook hat and hook! He was in heaven pretending he was a real pirate!

My husband also picked him out a cool Jack Sparrow sword, but we are saving it for him when he gets a little older. We don’t want an eye poked out!

Cont on next post...

Last edited by BippityBoo; 04-05-2010 at 10:35 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #393
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Our little pirate was getting hungry and our little princess was needing to go to the bathroom, so we walked to Pecos Bill’s to go to the restroom and to get a snack. It was about 40 minutes before Spectromagic was to start, and people were already lining up. I sent my DH and DD inside and took Aiden to stake out our spot. We chose the roped off section directly across from Pecos. We had to sit on the ground, but the kid’s had the stroller. There are planters right in front of the restaurant that you can sit on, but those were already taken.

Pretty soon, my DH was back with french fries and drinks. We enjoyed eating our snack while the Western music played and we watched people come to and from Pecos Bill’s.

I checked my iPhone for the wait time on Big Thunder. It was only 5 minutes! I encouraged my DH to take Abby for one last ride. They ran to the ride and were one of the last people to be let on! He said riding BTM at night was really cool---hope I can try it one day! They were both beaming when they came back.

I kept my son entertained before the parade came by playing Handy Many episodes from my phone for him.

We heard the music start for Spectro and eventually saw it coming down the road!

Pluto came right up to my camera and poked his nose on it

The rest of the parade:

We absolutely love Spectro!! The kids were just amazed and I love the music!

As far as our spot…I have to say that I really do not like watching it from Frontierland! I felt that it did not have the special “magic” that Main Street or the castle will give you. Now, don’t get me wrong. If I were in WDW during peak touring times when the crowds are crazy, I think it is a GREAT tip because no one really thinks of it. However, if I had the choice, I would not chose to sit there again. Maybe we will try Liberty Square on our next trip?

We were making our way to watch Wishes and stopped to take a picture of the kids in the Christmas Sleigh by the Christmas Shop.

Eventually, we were on the bridge to Liberty Square, closer to the castle and ready to watch Wishes!

SIDE NOTE: Dumbo had been closing an hour before Wishes because of “winds” that may push the fireworks into the ride. I thought this was odd, but I did not think that it would affect the viewing of Wishes. Well, I was wrong

Wishes started and we had a great view of Tinkerbell! I just love the part when she flies down.

When the major fireworks started, we noticed that they were shooting them all the way to the left! Everyone ran left and started complaining all at once. I heard someone say that they had to move them because of the wind. Would have been nice to get an announcement before the show

Well, we were all crammed on the bridge and now trees were blocking our view! My DH and I ditched our stroller in Liberty Square and ran to the sitting area by the Adventureland bridge. We put the kids on our shoulders and they had a get view. We were able to watch the rest of the show from there, but I only got this one pic in all of the madness!!

I still managed to tear up during the show and my kids were yelling and cheering, so they loved it. Overall, no matter where you watch it from, it is still so wonderful

We decided to wait for the crowds to clear and walk up to the castle for a little photo shoot. I got some really cute shots and it was so nice to just hang and relax in front of the beautiful castle!

Then, the strangest thing happened. Two children approached me looking very sad and asked me to use my cell phone. They were acting quite strange and said that their mother was going to meet them at the castle, and they could not find her. There were about 5 CMs all around the castle, so I told them that I would take them to tell the CMs and that they could help them reach their mother. I would normally just give them my cell phone, but they were acting SO strange. You can see them looking around in my picture above, right behind my kids in front of the castle. I could not help but think of some stories I have heard where they call a number from your phone that charges you $200!! I thought it was nice enough to offer to help them find a CM. I knew that they would keep them safe and make sure they got to their mother. They kind of looked nervous and then just walked away! They did not want to deal with the CMs I guess. I felt so bad, but it was all that I could do

We eventually made our way down Main Street and to the boat docks. I was SO sad to leave MK!! We just looked around and just soaked it all in. We would really miss this place!

UP NEXT: Awww now we have to leave?! How does check out go? Also, I take the ride of my life---and keep my eyes closed the ENTIRE time! Get ready for one of the funniest ride pics EVER! Stay tuned!

Last edited by BippityBoo; 04-05-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #394
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Looks like you had great luck with the characters! We had a hard time finding Daisy when we went last year too. It looks like you had some great interactions too! Sounds like a fun MK morning!

It was a GREAT morning with wonderful characters! Daisy and Tiana are SO hard to find! It took us many tries. Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Oh, but they do! She is at Tusker House in AK. We had our best character interaction of the trip with her at our breakfast on Christmas morning
WOW! I forgot about seeing that! Thanks SO much for the tip! I am beginning to think we should try out TH. It looks like a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
Of course I'll be there! Have really enjoyed all of your updates.
WOOHOO! Thank you! Just updated again

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Great update! You guys sure did luck out with the character meets! And you're officially making me want to stay at WL on our next trip (which hopefully will be soon!)! That place is gorgeous!
And on a side note, I forgot to mention last time how much I LOVED American Girl dolls when I was growing up! I only had Samantha and Felicity, but so wish I could have collected all of them along with all their junk! I do hope Emma loves them as much as I did! Can't wait to start buying them for her!!
You and your DH would LOVE the Wilderness Lodge! We are so in love with it and will have a hard time staying anywhere else!!

I had Samantha and Molly growing up! They have SO many neat things now. I get just as excited as Abby when she gets new items. I don't know if you know about them, but they do have "Bitty Baby" dolls through American Girl. They are perfect for 2-5 year olds and getting them use to having a baby doll. They are wonderful quality! Check out www.americangirl.com!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #395
babytrees
I hate when you've been salivating over something and then it disappoints!!
Who has a big toe the same size as the rest of their toes??? I know I don't have uniform feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Thanks for the Star Tours tip! I think my DD is really going to like it as well!

Disney did a GREAT job with Tiana and Naveen. They were so full of personality!

How old is your Abi? Mine is 6, soon to be 7!

Thanks for reading and commenting!!
My Abi is almost double your Abby's age....she will be 14 on May 14

Wilderness Lodge is one of my favorite Disney properties but that view is kind of icky if you look down.

mom to Cassidy and Abi
my favorite princesses
Old 04-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #396
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

I love WL - but I have to agree you didn't have the best of views. I always hate knowing that my trip to the dock is the last one. Glad you had a fun last night at MK! It is such sweet sorrow, huh?

I totally don't blame you for not giving those kids your cell phone. I can't help but wonder if they wanted to steal it? I can't imagine why they would, but just walking away when you offered to help them doesn't exactly sound like they were in need of help and obviously they had ulterior motives.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #397
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytrees View Post
My Abi is almost double your Abby's age....she will be 14 on May 14

Wilderness Lodge is one of my favorite Disney properties but that view is kind of icky if you look down.
Oh wow! Her golden birthday!

Yes, the only way we will do Standard again is if it overlooks the lobby. We wont be able to see much of the MK, but that is totally fine as long as we can SLEEP and not be woken by trash trucks. Yuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
I love WL - but I have to agree you didn't have the best of views. I always hate knowing that my trip to the dock is the last one. Glad you had a fun last night at MK! It is such sweet sorrow, huh?

I totally don't blame you for not giving those kids your cell phone. I can't help but wonder if they wanted to steal it? I can't imagine why they would, but just walking away when you offered to help them doesn't exactly sound like they were in need of help and obviously they had ulterior motives.
Ewww I know. I will not stay Standard View again unless it is overlooking the lobby.

That last walk to the dock was like the walk of death

It is strange, isn't it? Even as I was typing about it, I thought it may have been rude not to help, but they were not even responding to what I was saying? I guess you can't help everyone!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #398
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

Loved the update! I don't blame you at all for not giving your phone, you do feel bad but you just really can't trust anyone anymore and from the picture they didn't look like little kids but I could be wrong. I think you did the right thing by offering take them to the CM's. It is even weirder they just walked away from you after that.

When we stayed at WL on our honeymoon we booked a Woods view room and were upgraded to a view of the main pool and lake. It was wonderful because we could watch the electical water parade from our balcony. Now this trip we rented DVC points so we will be in the villas and am very nervous about what our view is. We were very spoiled before. Did you book Woods view for your December trip?
Old 04-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #399
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Great updates. I usually spend my last day at MK too. It's so sad...I hate leaving. Just the thought of going from WDW with no cleaning, cooking, or work to back home is just soooo depressing. lol.

Glad you got to meet princess Tiana.
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner
Old 04-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #400
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

WCC is definitely going to have to go on our to try another time. More people seem to rave about it than not. The matching Belle dresses are adorable. We hope to pick up a couple of the dresses while we are there. for Jasmine, Aladdin, Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and Daisy!! You hit the character jackpot your last day in MK! :

So sad your time is up at least you know you will be going back soon!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 04-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #401
klacey1
DIS Veteran

MK always has to be our last park, too! I just HAVE to see Wishes on the last night-- our last night last summer, they didn't have Spectromagic, and we were soooo bummed out. Still, MK has to be the last place we go to before we leave.
Hmmm, something just seems off about those kids. Did they see your cell before they asked you to borrow it? I saw it in their picture of Aiden watching Handy Manny and it looked really nice-- honestly, it could have just been a scheme to get your phone. If they really were lost, I'm sure they would have gone to a CM first-- why would they be afraid to? A CM is "safer" than a random stranger! Gut feelings are usually the best-- I think it's good you followed yours.
Last nights are so bittersweet :-(
Old 04-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #402
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
Loved the update! I don't blame you at all for not giving your phone, you do feel bad but you just really can't trust anyone anymore and from the picture they didn't look like little kids but I could be wrong. I think you did the right thing by offering take them to the CM's. It is even weirder they just walked away from you after that.

When we stayed at WL on our honeymoon we booked a Woods view room and were upgraded to a view of the main pool and lake. It was wonderful because we could watch the electical water parade from our balcony. Now this trip we rented DVC points so we will be in the villas and am very nervous about what our view is. We were very spoiled before. Did you book Woods view for your December trip?
Yes, something was not right about the whole thing! I thought that they would be more comfortable with the CM but hey, what can you do?

I would love to get a Woods view and especially get an UPGRADE We have not booked the trip yet, but I plan on trying the Standard View facing the lobby but, if we don't get that, then upgrade to a Woods View. I am anxious to see how you like the Villas! We were thinking about trying to stay there in the future, especially if we join DVC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgirl17 View Post
Great updates. I usually spend my last day at MK too. It's so sad...I hate leaving. Just the thought of going from WDW with no cleaning, cooking, or work to back home is just soooo depressing. lol.

Glad you got to meet princess Tiana.
HAHA you are SO right! No tea and coffee waiting in the morning, no more maids

We loved Tiana, she was great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
WCC is definitely going to have to go on our to try another time. More people seem to rave about it than not. The matching Belle dresses are adorable. We hope to pick up a couple of the dresses while we are there. for Jasmine, Aladdin, Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and Daisy!! You hit the character jackpot your last day in MK! :

So sad your time is up at least you know you will be going back soon!!
WCC is totally worth it! It was awesome and kept us really entertained!

I think Abby will love the Belle dress. I can't wait to give it to her!

The character interaction was too good to be true. Great last full day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
MK always has to be our last park, too! I just HAVE to see Wishes on the last night-- our last night last summer, they didn't have Spectromagic, and we were soooo bummed out. Still, MK has to be the last place we go to before we leave.
Hmmm, something just seems off about those kids. Did they see your cell before they asked you to borrow it? I saw it in their picture of Aiden watching Handy Manny and it looked really nice-- honestly, it could have just been a scheme to get your phone. If they really were lost, I'm sure they would have gone to a CM first-- why would they be afraid to? A CM is "safer" than a random stranger! Gut feelings are usually the best-- I think it's good you followed yours.
Last nights are so bittersweet :-(
Well, now I totally agree with you. You will see that we do a 1/2 day in AK after we check out. While it was nice to get to experience AK during the trip, my mind was on time deadlines and the long drive we had. I won't be doing it again and letting MK be our last park from now on!!

Those kids were acting so strange. I can not remember, but I may have taken a picture with my phone of the kids to send to my Mom? I was just confused why they did not want to get the CMs to help. I agree, you think they would have gone to them first, they were everywhere!! I always go with my gut feelings!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #403
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Your Pluto picture during Spectro is hilarious! I love when the characters interact with the audience during a parade. We witnessed some of that during our last night when we were watching Spectro, and even though it didn't happen to us, it was one of the most magical moments of our trip! (I'll be sure to tell about it in my TR!)

Sorry your Wishes spot wasn't too great - I feel your pain. We also had a not-so great spot to watch the show on our last night. But you're right - it really is beautiful no matter what!

Now I really am sad that your last night is wrapped up - but I'm definitely excited for this ride pic!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #404
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Yeah, your balcony view left a little to be desired didn't it? Thank goodness you had your noise machine and were able to at least lessen the disturbance of those trucks!

I have yet to sit and watch Spectro, my kids never want to watch parades so I don't get the chance to see them. Maybe Mom & I will catch a parade or two - here in LESS THAN 4 WEEKS! Sorry, I'm excited

You were right to go with your first instinct and not hand over your phone to those kids, it does seem very odd that they wouldn't go to a CM for help when they were everywhere. It also seems odd to me that a mother would let her children go off on their own without a way to contact them
Old 04-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #405
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I love your little girl's bow! It's so cute!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: