Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #331
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Katie,
My computer is finally working again and I'm all caught on your trip report. How cute how Aiden woke you up and you spent some time in the lobby cuddling. Too funny that he thought the workers were a parade . Loving your HS day so far! Great pics and I love the little Einsteins shirts that your kids are wearing. glad you loved TSM, so fun isn't it? Looking forward to the parade spot stealer story. this happened to us twice before and is my pet peeve. One lady actually sat on my kids and another one walked as the parade was starting with her teenagers and told everyone to move back because they just want to see the parade well duhhh lady why do you think all of us have been sitting on the curb for over an hour. Hopefully your person was somehow more considerate.

Nichole
Hi Nichole!! So happy you are back! TSM was so much of a surprise! It was one of the best highlights of our trip! I don't know if people just dont realize what you have to do to get a spot or if they are just rude?! About to post about my experience! Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
Hi Katie!

I love your great updates. I just cannot get tired of reading about people's experiences at WDW.

I guess it is fair to say Toy Story Mania is the ride we are most looking forward to riding again in our upcoming trip. Last time I also couldn't play much since I was holding my daughter with one arm but it didn't matter much. The whole place and concept are so amazing I was just happy to be there ---and also to see my husband having a blast.

I am glad you guys enjoyed your meal at ABC. I read some bad reviews about it but it does look decent to me. I do agree DHS is lacking some more attractive counter service restaurants.

Cannot wait to read more.

Have a great week!

Q
HI!!! Thank you so much for reading! I am excited to go play TSM again without holding my son with one arm (ha!) The sacrifices we mothers make, huh? Also, I think you should try out ABC. We were pretty happy with all of the food, there is just not much to look at. I am about to post the rest of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Whew! Just caught up again!

Goodness you were efficient at DHS!

Love the custom outfits on the kids as usual!

I had all but written off Disney Playhouse, but maybe we will pencil it in this trip. I assumed my DD7 and DS4 would be too old for it by this point, but looks like your DD is having as much fun as your son!

The other thing we have never gotten into is pin trading, but I think I am going to give it a shot this trip. I was looking at ordering a set off ebay to start us off.

Too funny about the "parade" off overnite workers! I am sure that was a nice little moment just you and your little guy!

Looking forward to more, and of course hearing all about how you dealt with the pushy mom at the parade. I need some tips on this as they always seem to gang up on me - LOL! Why can't there be a rule that all the pushy rude people have to watch from one side, and the rest of us can enjoy it from the other side?
Ohhh that would be a great rule! DISers on one side, all the rest over there! ha!

I think you should at least try PHD if your kids watch the cartoons at home. My daughter was able to get into it because she was having fun experiencing it with my son. It is such a short show that you would not be wasting too much time if they did not like it (and you could leave). But, we think it is cute!

I have heard to be very careful about the pins you buy on Ebay...but it is a huge money saver if you do!! Your kids would absolutely love it and it adds a different element to your vacation to look forward to. We are excited to do it again---another update coming up now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Sorry I've been MIA. I'm all caught up now. What a fun day at MK!! I just love Monsers Inc. laugh floor. It is so funny. The first time I saw it I was not impressed because it was kind of boring but in November I gave it a second chance and I LOVED it. 'That guy' is always so funny. The parade looks like fun. It's on my list for May. Yay for Abby getting an Arielle dress. Too cute! What a great CM making the moment so magical for her and for you too. What a great birthday present and the party sounds so cute. Can't wait to see pics!!
Don't you just love it when little ones have their own personal time zone!?! At least you two had the whole WL lobby to yourself. Sounds amazing!! Aiden's parade comment cracked me up. Parade cutters aren't cool. I always release way too much of my inner-diva when they try to cut in front. Isn't TSM awesome!?! My kids love it. It's their favorite ride in Disney! Aiden looks like he is on cloud 9 seeing all his PHD friends. The kids' shirts are too cute. I LOVE them!
HI! We loved "that guy" as well! haha it is SOOO funny! I was surprised with how much we liked it as well.

TSM is the best!!! We are so looking forward to playing again! I just got my daughter's Belle dress in the mail today. She is going to LOVE it! Looking forward to posting about her party---thanks for reading and happy you are "back"!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #332
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear all about her reaction when you give her the Belle dress!!! She is going to be SO excited!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #333
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

** Don't forget that I have tabs for all of my updates on page 1 (if you need to catch up on my last two DHS posts and the infamous "spot stealer")**

Last we left, I was fighting off a lady who was trying to steal our parade spot! The music had started and the parade was coming down the street!

The lady had her husband and her two children with her. At this point, they were kind of sulking behind us, but still very close. I got up to go get a wipe for my son’s Mickey Bar chocolate hands…and she put her kids right in my spot!! I was literally up and gone to the stroller for less than 20 seconds. I was aggravated to say the least! I put on my extra thick Louisiana accent and said sweetly…

“Excuuussee me, but your children are in my spot. I wouldn’t normally care, but we have been waiting for 30 minutes.”

She looked very annoyed, but not at me. By the looks of she and her husband’s faces, I think they were just Disney overwhelmed! You can spot it from a mile away. People who just think that they can walk into the park and follow the map. I did feel sorry for them, but, I was also trying to defend my much waited for spot.

She said “Oh, sorry! Well…can you just at least make room for my two kids? My husband and I will stand back.”

I looked at her two children (who were about 4 and 8 roughly) and they looked SO excited to see the parade. I just could not ask them to move for me! My kids still had the best seat in the house on the curb…so I spread a little Disney magic and let them stay

One positive that came out of the situation was that I got some great shots of the kids and my husband from standing behind them! Also, once the parade stopped, everyone kind of starts dancing in the streets, so all spots are abandoned anyway and I got to get right up front again.

Let me tell you, our spot was awesome!! One of the parade floats carrying the Toy Story Soldiers who give “instructions” during the parade (to do dance moves, etc.) stopped RIGHT in front of us. We had some wonderful characters come to dance with us like Little Bo Peep and Mr. Potato Head!!! Two of my very favorites.

I was pleasantly surprised with this parade. We had caught the very beginning on our way out to the airport during our 08 trip. We did not get to participate in all of the fun. It was SO upbeat and tons of fun for all ages.

The parade continued on and we decided to take advantage of the fact that most people were occupied with watching it! We headed back to “Animation Courtyard” to try our luck at the Up characters again. When we arrived, there was NO line to see the UP characters (BIG change from the huge line after the PHD show). BUT…they were on another potty break! So, we got in line to see Mickey! My son made friends with a super nice CM who was just taken by him. She talked to him and played with him until it was our turn to see Mickey! We took a cute family picture and got this precious one of he and Abby.

How cute is that pose?!

We said goodbye to our new CM friend and noticed that the Up characters were back in place. We got right in line and within seconds…we were meeting them! I love this pic because Russell is waving to my kids, trying to get my son to come over. These characters were especially large! He was not scared, just a little hesitant at first. Eventually, he took a very cute picture with them!

We decided to look around a bit and play some of the interactive games they had. Our favorite by far was the one where you can dub your voice over a Disney movie! You can record whatever words you want the characters to say, and it will replay the clip of the movie with your voice. We were laughing so hard we were crying! My daughter and I chose Beauty and the Beast. We changed the words and said something along the lines of “Why would a beautiful lady ever date a Beast?” It was so much fun!

After our fun, we decided to go visit Lightening McQueen! Speaking of Lightening….look what we found!

Aiden just LOVES Cars so we are very excited for the June 2011 release of Cars 2!! Of course, it will be in 3-D!

We also saw the Toy Story 3 poster and we were thrilled, but of course, that is old news by now

Cont on next post...

Last edited by BippityBoo; 03-26-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #334
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

As we passed the Playhouse Disney Show on our way out, we saw that Annie and Leo were taking pictures! No one was in line to see them, and my children had Annie and Leo appliqued on their T-shirts! So, we took the opportunity to get an adorable picture. It was so cute, Annie and Leo were pointing at the kids shirts and then pointing at themselves and clapping.

We eventually made it to take pictures with Lightning McQueen. Abby was not interested at all, so she started to trade pins with 2 CMs in the line while my husband, Aiden and I went to take pictures.

Aiden just LOVED Lightening. It was funny, because every now and then, Lighting will rev his engine. He kind of got startled by that, but he was laughing.

Mission Accomplished: Aiden got to meet Lighting AND Handy Manny. He was so thrilled! We were getting pretty tired at this point, so we worked our way out of the park. We stopped one time at Start Tours to take this funny picture of the family—

We still did not get a chance to ride Star Tours. I am wondering if it is even worth it. Does anyone have thoughts about this they can share?

We also got to see High School Musical! My daughter got picked to dance with the group!

Luckily, there was a bus waiting to take us right to the Wilderness Lodge right after we exited the park. We went back to our room and got ready to go eat at Whispering Canyon

Cont on next post...

Last edited by BippityBoo; 03-26-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #335
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Before dinner, we took a nice family photopass picture by the bridge in the lobby. It is such a wonderful spot for a picture!

We entered Whispering Canyon and they had our table ready within 3 minutes or so! There is a great kid’s Lincoln Logs table to play with while you are waiting. I thought that was so clever and the kids really enjoyed playing with it!

I wish I would have gotten a picture of it….but I was starting not to feel good It was not bad, but my nose was very stuffy and I could not smell anything (NOT a good thing when you are at the YUMMY Whispering Canyon). I was a little off my picture game this night because of it.

On top of that, my husband had just gotten a call that one of the homes he had listed was going under contract. He was talking back and forth with the agent all night during dinner to get the deal together. It was an interesting night to say the least

On with the dinner!!

We were seated quickly and our server came out. As most of you know, this restaurant is known for loud waiters/waitresses that do silly tricks to you and your family. Ours was very funny and kind of loud, but not near as bad as I thought it would be! It was the perfect balance of fun and professionalism. When she came to take our drink orders, she threw our napkins at us. Silly

We already knew what we wanted to eat, so we ordered quickly. Chris and I were going to split the family style “plate” which is a bunch of barbecued meats, potatoes, corn, salad, rolls…..pure yummy! The kids got children’s grilled cheese. We also ordered them light up Lightning McQueen and Tinkerbell cups. They were very happy with those!

While the kids stayed busy coloring their Toy Story sheets provided by the restaurant, my husband was walking in and out of the restaurant working.

We started to catch on to the whole ketchup idea. When you ask for ketchup, the waiter yells to the restaurant “We need more ketchup!” and everyone who has some is required to bring it to your table. It was really funny and the kids got a kick out of it!

They also had a little wooden horse “race” around the restaurant. The kids really got into it and everyone was clapping for them. It was great!

The entertainment reminds me a lot of O’hana! There is so much to see and do, before you know it, your food is there!

Look at the adorable kids plates—

I wish I would have taken a pic of our meal. It was to die for! When my DH came back to eat, he was raving the entire time. We were very happy with our food!

We had no room for dessert and I was beginning to get even stuffier in the head, so we decided to head out. I took a few pics of the atmosphere. It was very hard to get a good pic in the restaurant (it had low lighting) but here are the best ones—

We are definitely going to eat there again! The family atmosphere (and the FOOD) can not be beat! I loved that the restaurant itself was open to the lobby and all of the laughter fills the air. Unfortunately, my being sick and my husband’s work kind of put a damper on the evening. We still had a great time and plan on making an ADR for our December trip to try it out again

Abby also saw her new friend Blake that she met at the bus stop earlier that day. She was eating at the restaurant with her family! They took some time after dinner to play with Abby’s Nintendo DS and the Lincoln Logs. The CMs were great about letting us hang in the waiting area and just play around. Sadly, we had to say goodbye to Blake because she and her family were leaving to go home the next day

After we ate, we walked over to the cartoonist in the lobby. I really wanted to get the kid’s picture drawn to remember our trip! He worked on them for quite a while. Luckily, he did not make my son wait too long because he was getting a little squirmy. I am SO happy we did it! Here they are getting their picture done—

I know that this is something we usually walk by and say “Oh look how neat!” but I am happy that we took the time off to actually do it! It was a little time consuming (took about 30-45 minutes total) but oh so worth it. Most of you have seen this—but here is the final product!

I just LOVE it!

We took a short walk to the video game arcade so that my DH could have some fun time with the kids. We were all really impressed with the arcade! It was so clean and beautiful!

SO---it had been a FULL and WONDERFUL day at DHS and the WL! We were very tired and looking forward to our THIRD day at the MK!

UP NEXT: Please tell me that Aiden stays asleep tonight?! Does Princess Tiana grace us with her presence? And—we have an appointment with some country bears. Stay Tuned!

A little something extra--

Got Abby's Belle dress and her American Girl's dress!! Soooo cute! They match perfectly!

Last edited by BippityBoo; 03-26-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #336
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
I can't wait to hear all about her reaction when you give her the Belle dress!!! She is going to be SO excited!
I know! I am looking at it now along with the American Girl Belle dress I got in and they match perfect! She is going to love it, hopefully!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #337
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad that spot stealer didn't give you too much trouble! Though I do know that "look" some people get when they're totally exhausted! Very nice of you to spread some Disney love her way!
That's really cool to hear about Whispering Canyon Cafe! The food sounds so good, we may have to try it out next time! And I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well (hope it doesn't go on the rest of the trip! ). I had a weird rash on my neck while we were there (like a heat rash). It was so uncomfortable, just so itchy (gross, I know). Not feeling like yourself can really bring down a trip.
Can't wait to read more!! Hope little Aiden decides to sleep!

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 03-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #338
disney2mom
Mouseketeer

Loving your TR so far! I love to live through other families' Disney Trips, I feel like I am there with you! I absolutley LOVE Whispering Canyon, it is one of my family's fav restaurants. Looking forward to more!

DISNEY DREAM-MAR 2015(FIRST CRUISE)

Me- , DH- , DD-14 , DS-11

Old 03-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #339
klacey1
DIS Veteran

DBF wants to stay at POR for our next trip, and it probably makes sense financially, but your pictures are NOT helping me get over my WL love!!! It's just so beautiful-- glad you guys had fun at WCC! We can't wait to eat there!! Also, that caricature of your kids is ADORABLE! I love keepsakes like that!
Old 03-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #340
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
I'm so glad that spot stealer didn't give you too much trouble! Though I do know that "look" some people get when they're totally exhausted! Very nice of you to spread some Disney love her way!
That's really cool to hear about Whispering Canyon Cafe! The food sounds so good, we may have to try it out next time! And I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well (hope it doesn't go on the rest of the trip! ). I had a weird rash on my neck while we were there (like a heat rash). It was so uncomfortable, just so itchy (gross, I know). Not feeling like yourself can really bring down a trip.
Can't wait to read more!! Hope little Aiden decides to sleep!
UGH I know! I was happy to help her kids, but she needs to buy a guide book or something Ewww I had a heat rash on a cruise my DH and I took...it was horrible!!! Thanks for reading...hope little Emma is doing well

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney2mom View Post
Loving your TR so far! I love to live through other families' Disney Trips, I feel like I am there with you! I absolutley LOVE Whispering Canyon, it is one of my family's fav restaurants. Looking forward to more!
Thank you! I love to read TR too...to get my Disney fix!

Isn't it a great restaurant?! I really wanted to get better pics, but I was not feeling up to it. I hope to get more during our Dec. trip! Thanks so much for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
DBF wants to stay at POR for our next trip, and it probably makes sense financially, but your pictures are NOT helping me get over my WL love!!! It's just so beautiful-- glad you guys had fun at WCC! We can't wait to eat there!! Also, that caricature of your kids is ADORABLE! I love keepsakes like that!
We were booked at POR first to save money. We had booked on the buy 4 get 3 free offer. I was super bummed and really wanted to stay at WL! We are going back in December, so we did not want to spend too much on this Jan trip. Well, we ended up getting a 40% off code and just knocked off a day and it was only $200 more, so we went for it. I am so glad we did, but I have heard great things about POR! I hope you get a great code or free dining to help WCC was awesome! I am afraid I did not do it justice because I was just not feeling up to taking pics that night. Hope to do better in December!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #341
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

That was very nice of you to let the parade squashers kids watch from your spot I know it would be hard to look at little excited faces and turn them away! I soooo know the kind of lady you are talking about too - way overwhelmed.

Sounds like you guys had some great charcter interactions that afternoon!

On Star Tours - I personally don't like it, it's very jerky and it makes me feel a little ill. That being said, it is about to undergo a big referb, so hopefully it will be better!

We really enjoyed Whispering Canyon Cafe as well and wouldn't hesitate to go back in the future.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #342
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
That was very nice of you to let the parade squashers kids watch from your spot I know it would be hard to look at little excited faces and turn them away! I soooo know the kind of lady you are talking about too - way overwhelmed.

Sounds like you guys had some great charcter interactions that afternoon!

On Star Tours - I personally don't like it, it's very jerky and it makes me feel a little ill. That being said, it is about to undergo a big referb, so hopefully it will be better!

We really enjoyed Whispering Canyon Cafe as well and wouldn't hesitate to go back in the future.
Yes, it would have been way too hard to turn them away! I am happy they got to see it!

I have heard the same thing about Star Tours---I really have avoided it so that I do not get sick I would be really interested to ride it when it is updated! I know my husband will be really excited!

I really was looking forward to doing a better review of WCC with more pics, I was just not feeling up to it that night. We really enjoyed ourselves, though!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #343
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

sounds like a really great day. those voice dub things seem like something my kiddos would have a blast with!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 03-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #344
Bree89
Mouseketeer

I've just finished reading your whole TR! You guys seem to have had a blast & your kids seem so adorable! I cant wait to read what's next! Subscribing!

Giving it another go in May 2014!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #345
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
sounds like a really great day. those voice dub things seem like something my kiddos would have a blast with!
It was SO funny! I am happy we found it! There were also "coloring" computers where you use a touch screen to color in different scenes from movies. My daughter really enjoyed that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree89 View Post
I've just finished reading your whole TR! You guys seem to have had a blast & your kids seem so adorable! I cant wait to read what's next! Subscribing!
WOW! Thanks SO much for reading My kids are adorable and we try to have as much fun as we can! Only live once We have some exciting things still to come so I am really glad that you are on board! I will be starting a Christmas PTR in May

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: