Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #241
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

I want a pin code Just kidding--I know they will release some type of discount, we are just waiting to see what is going to be...

Sounds like you are having or going to have a week like me!
September 2010 PTR

Old 03-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #242
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

After deciding to walk through Fantasyland on the way to Toon Town, we shortly found out that it was a wonderful idea!

Here is a pic of the crowd levels (and this was 10:30!!)

It was so amazing. There were 5 minute waits on all of the major rides. We decided to hop on a family favorite again, just to take advantage of the short lines

We LOVE Peter Pan!! We were tempted to ride Winnie the Pooh again, but the kids were too excited to go see Mickey and Minnie's house after having to pass it on the train during our freezing first day in the MK. So…we walked on!

We got to Toon Town and went to Minnie and Mickey’s houses first. The kids loved the Christmas decorations! It made the experience different than the last time we visited. Here—have a look!

MINNIE’S HOUSE:

MICKEY’S HOUSE:

After our tour through the homes, we stopped at the Judges Tent, hoping to meet some characters. Surely the line will be short due to the empty park, right? WRONG! The wait was still about 45 minutes and was even longer for the fairies and princesses! We did not have time with our ADR approaching, so off we went!

We let the kids play in Donald’s play area across from the Judge’s Tent. My DH got us some lemonade and fresh fruit from the snack stand and we had a nice time soaking in the atmosphere and watching the kids laugh and play.

We still had a little time to kill before our ADR, so we decided to try out the Barnstormer Roller Coaster (for smaller kids)! This was a first for our family and, of course, a first for our little man, Aiden!

When we approached the ride, the wait time said 10 minutes, but it was really a walk on. We put Aiden under the measuring stick to make sure he was tall enough. He had to DUCK to fit under it! We were all clapping for him, but he had no idea what was about to happen

We waited maybe 5 minutes, then boarded on our “crop duster plane” and got ready to ride! Aiden sat with my DH, and Abby sat with me. We were right in front of them, so I turned around to watch Aiden’s expressions.

When the ride started, I was TOTALLY taken aback as to how fast it was!!! This thing is no joke, it is a real coaster! You go really high, too. Here is a pic I took from the highest point!

I turned back every now and then and Aiden looked nervous! When the ride was over, he said “Yea! I did it!” (seems to be his choice phrase when completing a ride! ) He really liked it and we all did as well.

Cont on next post...

Last edited by BippityBoo; 03-03-2010 at 02:55 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #243
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

The time was now 11:15. STILL more time to fill!!! So, we made our way back to Liberty Square and checked out the wait on Haunted Mansion! It was only 5 minutes!! We were not able to ride last trip, so all of us were excited to get the chance to go on it.

I tell you, I REALLY loved this ride!!! My DH and my DD were thrilled with it too. I have to admit, I was a little nervous as to how scary it would be when we were waiting in the holding room and the ghost voice came on, warning us of what was ahead. Aiden ended up falling asleep right as we boarded our buggies for the ride. The music and special effects were amazing!! Just loved it.

After the ride, we checked out the pet cemetery in the exiting area. Then…off to Liberty Tree for lunch!!

We arrived at Liberty Tree Tavern at 11:45. Our ADR was for 11:45, but I expected a wait. We checked in and Abby had fun at a large coloring table they have set out. My DH and I took a seat and right when I took my camera out for shots of the waiting area, we were called into the restaurant!! So..no pics. Sorry!!

LTT is a recreation of an 18th century American inn. It was SO cozy and the atmosphere was welcoming. We got a great seat in the main dining area right by the fireplace.

LTT was known in the past for it’s great character dining experiences. However, Disney decided about a year ago (I think?) to stop having the characters. Well…during our trip, the Crystal Palace was down for remodeling, so they were offering characters at LTT for a limited time!!! I could not be more thrilled to have this experience and celebrate the characters returning!

The characters started coming right away. Chip and Dale were first. Chip was very upset that my DS was still sleeping in his daddy’s arms! He sort of put his hands on his hips then acted like he was crying.

I was hoping that LTT was still offering their normal menu. All of the food looked sooo good on other Trip Reports. Well, I found out from the waiter that they changed the food to a family style menu and would be bringing out our salads and bread soon. I really did not know what to expect but let me tell you…it did NOT disappoint!! First, we got the most delicious apple vinaigrette salad that was soooo light and delicious! The fresh sweet bread with sweet butter complimented it beautifully! My DH and I were raving.

After we finished our salads, Minnie Mouse came over to say hi!! My daughter had taken her crayons and paper to the table and had drawn a picture of she and Minnie Mouse. She asked me if she could give it to her, but I was not sure that Minnie would like to carry it around with her all day. Minnie was SO wonderful! She pointed to the picture and hugged it and actually accepted it from her! Then, she pointed to my DD’s tshirt and noticed that she had Minnie appliqued on it!

She clapped her hands and it really just made my DD smile!! Don’t you just love her colonial dress?

After Minnie left with the picture, our dinner started to arrive. It was truly a traditional feast. Roasted turkey, ham, cornbread dressing, roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, macaroni and cheese…awesome! Again, DH and I raved over the food. It was really some of the best food we had ever eaten! Sorry about the pic…we had already started eating!!

Next, Pluto came to the table. He noticed my son was sleeping and actually stuck his nose onto my son’s head!! I was not sure how to react to it. I know that Aiden loves Pluto, so I did not mind that he may wake up. However, I did not want him in a crabby mood due to lack of sleep. Poor Aiden popped up when he realized it was Pluto!

He looked a little confused at first, but then gave him a high five and was ready to eat!! Gotta love my good natured little boy!

For the rest of the meal, the characters kept coming and coming! Chip and Dale saw Aiden was awake, so they came back TWO MORE times to say hi! Pluto came back and tried to push my husband out of his chair to sit next to me and Minnie made her way around too. We saw a character nearly every 5 minutes. I thought we might miss seeing Goofy or Mickey, but we really didn’t. They were all so great!

Our hot apple crisp and home made vanilla ice-cream arrived, and we attempted to eat more. We were SO full and satisfied.

We paid OOP for this lunch as we were on the Counter Service meal plan. I have to ask my DH how much it was, but it was very standard for a character lunch and was totally worth it!

After saying goodbye to our waiter, we took some pictures in front of the tree in the waiting area.

We enjoyed our experience at Liberty Tree SO much that we want to make an ADR when we go back in December. I am a little nervous as I have read bad things about slow service when the restaurant is operating normally with no character meals. Maybe we just got lucky, but it was just amazing! Such a special lunch to remember for years to come!

When we exited LTT, we saw that Princess Tiana was waiting in the gazebo area behind LTT for pictures! My DD got super excited and we RAN to get in line. However, the CM turned us away and said she was through for the day I said “but we are from the NEW ORLEANS area!?” and he just said “sorry”. Maybe when we can meet her later in our trip

We heard the music starting up for the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It parade! So, we ran to get a spot in front of the castle. We literally just walked up and were right in front. I LOVE JANUARY AT WDW!!

Here are some pics to enjoy---

Love the upbeat music in this parade! Now with our bellies full and so much done already, where do we go next?

UP NEXT: A new family favorite is discovered and you might be surprised what it is! Shop till we drop---what do we buy on Main Street and in Tinkerbell Treasures? Stay Tuned!

Last edited by BippityBoo; 03-03-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #244
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Yay for Aiden! I too was really surprised at how "real" that Barnstormer felt when we rode it for the first time too! Glad he liked it!

That's great about all the wonderful character interaction you had at LTT! We really enjoyed our meal there too!

Ahhh...those crowds...or lack thereof....FABULOUS!!!

Sara
Old 03-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #245
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Love your kids shirts, and that bow is adorable!

Sounds like a fantastic morning with minimal wait times - gotta love that! I'm so glad Abby liked her first coaster, BTMRR is a great one to start out on.

I hope your lunch at LTT was better than our dinner......
Thank you!! It was the perfect first coaster. Our LTT lunch was really good! Sorry you had a bad experience with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Awww...great start to your MK day! I just love that opening show..."good morning, good mooorrrrnnniiiinnnngggg" It just makes me smile!

I saw those bubble trash cans on our trip too - how cute they were!

Yay for you for getting the big score spot on Buzz! I always tell my kids that the lowest score wins, right? I never make it past four digits!

WOo-hoo for Abby and Thunder Mountain! It's my favorite MK ride - just pure fun!!

Looks like it's shaping up to be a great day!

Sara
Thanks Sara!! Aim for the robots arm...it works!! You will beat your kids every time! haha

LOVE thunder mountain too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinolichfamily View Post
Great update!

WOW to the very low crowds!!
Unfortunately we usually go during the summer so no such luck on the low crowds for us!

Love the custom shirts your kiddos have on...too cute! I may have to splurge and get my DD one!
Thank you!! Yes, we got soo lucky with the line waits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I love it when it's that empty. It looked that way last February...it's so awesome!
Isn't it so peaceful?! Just love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Yeah for low crowds!!!

I'm so glad that Abby rode BTMR!!! How great!!
Thanks Katie!! She LOVED it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Great update! Love the low crowds--I hope they stayed that way for you!!

BTMRR--probably my favorite ride in MK thus far! I have many others to ride in Fantasyland which have their own appeal but I am not sure if any would over take it.
The ride was soooo great! I just love it too. Splash was closed on this trip,so I am dying to try it as I have never been on it before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Great recap of your 1st day at MK!

I love getting there early too, and that opening show is such a nice way to start the day

How great that Abby loved BTM! Won't be long before your son is riding right along beside her.

I agree with your disappointment about the crane being in the way for your Castle shots, but at least you know you will be back again soon to take some more! I assume you were able to block it out for any shots you may have taken as a family in front of the Castle.

And whooo hooo to the low crowds in the Park that day! I would take the crane any day to get low level crowds like that!

Can't wait to hear more about your 1st day, and especially to hear all about Tiana!
Thank you so much!! The crane was not too bad and we did avoid it by taking pics creatively! The opening show was amazing!! I am so happy we made it in time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
What cute outfits! I love that you were able to find Abby because of her bow And how exciting that she loved BTMRR! Sounds like a wonderful start to the day
Thanks so much!!! It was really funny to see her peak on the mountain with a red and polka dot bow! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I love how empty the park is! Woo hoo for your DD loving BTMR! Can't wait to hear about Liberty Tree!
Thank you! I just updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Hi Katie! I just wanted to shamelessly plug my TR that I just started! Hope to see you and any of your readers over there!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2404537

Sara
Loving it so far!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I always seem to get a pin code that I can't use!

Hope you get one that works for you!
I know!!! We will see. Did you have a good code or discount for your December trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Hi I'm joining in a little late, but I've "seen" you on a few other TRs so I thought I'd hop on board. I'm always looking for reports with other little ones around the same age as my little gal. Let's see if I can remember everything I wanted to comment on now that I am all caught up....

Love the customs! I especially like the DHS shrits I saw on your PTR. Do you remember where you got those made? My girl is in love with the Einsteins and that would be super cute to wear for our Hollywood & Vine character meal!

Love the photo mat. I also saw that on a TR and totally forgot about that. Maybe that will help my little one's fear of the characters up close. I think she would love a Fab 5 one.

Love the Donald in mexico picture! I definitely want to see him in his sombrero one day.

Great TR so far! I can't wait to read more.
HI!!! I think the frame matting would be great for her! It would get her excited to see the characters! I get all of my Disney customs from www.izzybonline.com. Tell her Katie sent you! She is sooo nice, speedy and her quality is awesome. Also, I get iron on Mickey appliques from etsy.com and iron them on tshirts. Saved me money this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Great MK morning! You guys got so much done in such a short amount of time!! LTT is a "maybe" for us our next trip, so I'm curious to hear what you guys thought of it!
Too bad about the pin code you can't use-- hopefully you get another!!
I just updated on LTT! I can not speak for the restaurant how it usually is as we had a unique experience. But the food was AMAZING! Hope my update helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
I want a pin code Just kidding--I know they will release some type of discount, we are just waiting to see what is going to be...

Sounds like you are having or going to have a week like me!
I think they usually release the discounts to the public shortly after the pin codes come out!!! Can't wait to see what you get!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #246
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
I know!!! We will see. Did you have a good code or discount for your December trip?
No, I actually ended up buying an AP at my TA suggestion. Even with the added cost for my ticket we came out about $250 ahead with the AP room discount. Plus I got 40% (or maybe it was 35% - can't remember) off our room for May with it and don't need to buy a park ticket for myself this trip, so the AP has more than paid for itself!

They did offer free dining last December but it ended right before we got there - maybe they will again and you'll be able to take advantage of that.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed LTT! Jared & I went once before when it was still a character meal and we had a great time, and the food this last time was good, it was just that the service was so bad. Maybe we just caught them on a bad night.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #247
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Hello! Katie
Yea! for Aiden riding his first coaster, the line was so long in May that we had skipped it last May. But, it gave the idea maybe we should try Ashton out on this before we try some of the bigger rides this year.

What wonderful interaction at LTT! you guys were so lucky! and the decorations in Toontown are so cute. Ashton loved all the playgrounds last year...but, I'm hoping he will let us pass them by this year...last year when we were there a child lost his choc. milk (why do parents give children milk in 90 degree + heat--please think about what is going to happen when they run around ).

I wish we would get a pin for free dining before we leave...how awesome would that be.
sounds like a great day!
Connie
Old 03-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #248
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

LTT sounds incredible! It is back to its normal service when we are there or I might have tried to add it in. The food looked so yummy! I'm glad they liked the Barnstormer. I can't believe how un-crowded it was! I hope we get some of those low crowds (its predicted to be moderate, which I can live with).
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 03-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #249
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Aren't crowd levels just great in January?! Even if you do miss out on some of the Florida sunshine at least you aren't sweating waiting in line!

LTT looks so yummy! I have never considered that restaurant but I'm thinking I need to add it to my list of places to try. All of that food looks so good - and there was so much of it! And how great that you got to see the characters there! I just love Minnie's dress!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #250
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Wow, that LTT experience sounds amazing! It really does sound like you had the "time of your lives" at that meal. It sounds like you also got some really great character interaction in there!

Thanks for the link on the customs. I may have to inquire about whether there is enough time to get a shirt done before our trip.

I think the Barnstormer may be a bit much for our little gal. She is a bit more timid and gets freaked out easily. We had success with the "tamer" rides like Small World, Pooh, Nemo the ones in Epcot, but the I think an actual roller coaster would be to scary for her. Oh well, I guess I have to save something for our next trips, right?

Great update!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #251
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe that Peter Pan had a 5 minute wait! I have NEVER seen that! Awesome!

I haven't had any interest in eating at LTT, but your review is making me reconsider that. I will have to keep that in mind for our next trip. It looked and sounded wonderful!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #252
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
I just wanted to give some of you a "heads up" that I got another pin code in my email today

We are not going back to WDW until December 2010, so this one does not help me. It is just so fun to get one still

The pin code is for Free Quick Service dining from today thru July 3, 2010 with purchase of 4 nights. I thought it was appropriate because we used the QS Dining on this trip! Hope that you guys got the same code!! I am anxiously waiting the arrival of my December pin code...break out the pixie dust REALLY want another 40% off or Free Dining!

I hope to reply to your comments and update very soon!! Busy, busy week ahead!
Awww, thats cool!!

I got one too.....for 40% room only for December! Sure wish we were going!!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #253
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Sorry I have been MIA here lately. I'm all caught up. Looks like a gorgeous day at MK. What low wait times!! What were your dates? I really want to go mid January. The kids have a 5 day weekend so it would be perfect! Yay, for Abby conquering BTM. She must of been so proud. I love HM. How cool that you were able to ride almost everything double. Aiden must of been thrilled to ride his first big ride. I'm glad to hear he loved it!
Lunch looks so good. We had dinner at LTT a few years ago when they had the characters. I would love to go back if they bring back the characters. Colonial Minnie is just too cute. How sweet of Abby to draw Minnie a picture. I'm glad Minnie like it.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #254
klacey1
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear the LTT food was so good!! DBF and I much prefer good, home-y food over extremely "fancy" meals, so this looks like a good place for us to try!!
That stinks about Tiana-- he could have just let you guys through! (but then I guess he'd have to do that for everyone...still, though!)
Old 03-03-2010, 11:05 PM   #255
cdotla
Trish

Yay for Aiden on his first WDW rollercoaster!

Sounds like an excellent day for touring Fantasyland! Too bad the Judge's Tent didn't also have a 5 minute wait!

Definitely sounds like a great lunch at LTT. Looking forward to hearing more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: