Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #196
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

We were in New Orleans the exact same weekend as you. I loved being there for Super Bowl weekend! Belle dressed like Princess Tiana all weekend. She is convinced that they are long lost sisters. Haha! Too bad we didnít run into each other.

Catching up from the last 3 post-

Wow! No wait for Epcot attractions. Thatís awesome.

Your description makes me miss Soariní. I am terrified of heights, but it doesnít bother me a bit. Itís my favorite ride, in fact.

Tangerine Cafť is so good!

I love that Abby put her AG dolls names on the umbrella. She has such a sweet heart.

That mini piŮata is too much! How cute!

Iím so glad that Aiden did well on Maelstrom. I was going to ask you about it. We are going to Epcot first, so it will be our test ride with Belle to see what she can handle. It is our favorite of ours, so I really hope she likes it.
Another great update!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #197
DisneyDreamerMom
Mouseketeer

Great TR. I'm loving all the pics. Your dd is so sweet to buy her brother bath toys!

BTW, my son was doing the happy dance for the Saints! He was rooting for them too.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #198
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Hey, my friend!! Just checking in!! How was your Valentine's weekend?! I saw on your FB that you got something from Tiffany's?! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Miss you!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #199
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Fun up dates! Katie
were you aware that you can have your purchases sent to the front of the park and pick it up on the way out...so not to wait tow days for it to be sent to your room. When they first started that years and years ago it was nice whenyou went to your room that evening it was waiting on your bed.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #200
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
WS looks sooo neat. I just love all the different cultures right there in one place. For some reason I have no memories of it whatsoever from any of the trips I took as a kid.

That picture of Abby with the sombrero is hilarious! And Aiden with Donald...so sweet! I love all of the souveneirs they picked out. Can't wait to hear the rest of your Epcot day!
Thanks so much!! You guys will LOVE WS when you go. Aside from MK, it is a family favorite. I was shocked because I thought that it was not kid friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY!!! My absolute favorite part of Epcot--the WS!!! LOVE the mini umbrella for Chrissa and Julie!! I'll have to show Ally the pics in the morning!! And I'm so excited that ya'll got to meet Marie!! I hope we get to meet her in May! And Donal is too cute in his sombrero!! I love the atmosphere of the Mexico pavilion! We spent a lot of time in there last May when the rain was coming down in buckets!! It's like you've entered another world! YUM!! That rice pudding sounds wonderful!! We rode Maelstrom last May and both of my girls just giggled throughout the entire ride!! I can't wait to hear more!
Ohh--what a great place to go when it is raining. I will have to remember that in the future!!

Don't you love WS?! We were SO surprised that our family loved it so much during our first visit! I have to say that it is even better when you go back and you know more about it and where do go. Marie was Abby's favorite (aside from the princesses). Stay tuned and see what she buys later on that night featuring Marie!!

The rice pudding was such a refreshing treat. They had school bread too (heard great things about that). I could not decide. Sounds like our kids are peas in a pod. Mine laugh through rides that others freak out during. haha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
The parasol is so cute and I adore the photo of your children meeting Marie, it looks as though Abby really looks after her little brother
She does, thank you!! The parasol makes such a great gift to bring home. Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Love your WS pictures! I agree, the atmosphere at San Angel Inn can't be beat - I'm just very afraid to try eating there. We have a lot of very good Mexican (well, Tex/Mex) restaurants around here, and I fear we would be highly disappointed in San Angel.

I hope TT opens and Abby is able to get her ride!
Sounds like us!! There are 4 really good, high quality Mexican restaurants here. But, we are not too much into food, so I think it would be worth moderate food for an amazing atmosphere!! Stay tuned about the ride! I want to try to update tonight!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
DH and I loved Tangeriene Cafe as well. Very good and a great value!

I love the parasol for the dolls! My DD13 has decided to pack up all her AG dolls, since she is "too old" for them. I am really having a hard time with it!

That rice pudding from Norway looks fantastic!

Denise
Hi! Thanks for reading! The rice pudding was GREAT. I am so happy to find another person who enjoys Tangerine Cafe! Awww..I will DIE when my little one doesn't like AG anymore. They grow up sooo fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Awesome update! You guys got a LOT done in the WS-- our last trip, I feel like we saw a lot, but there's always something we miss. Your daughter picked out such cute souveneirs-- the pottery is beautiful!! Love the Donald moment, too!
Thank you!!! I know what you mean, we always feel like we did not see enough, but still end up having such a full day. There is just SO much to see. Glad you are reading my TR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Yum! That food from the Tangerine Cafe looks delicious! I was so close to stopping there while we were on our mad dash to Mexico. I had read something about what a great deal it is for CS because you get so much food. After seeing your pictures it's definitely on my list for next time!

I LOVE the umbrella for the American Girls. I collected them when I was younger and that it totally something I would have picked out.

So Marie is the name of the cat? I kept seeing her and didn't have a clue as to what her name was. She is super cute though!

How adorable that Aiden was "dancing around the world"!

I can't wait for your next update. It sounds really interesting!
HI!!! Yes, the Tangerine Cafe is sooo delish!! Even if you stop in for a snack of humus or coffee. Love the atmosphere!

I still love AG and I am a Mom! haha. I want to get one of my own! Isn't that a great pick that Abby made?!

Marie is from Aristocats (that old Disney movie!) She is soooo adorable!! The next update is so funny. Cant wait to share with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
I LOVE the food at Tangerine Cafe too! I am a big fan of Mediterranean food and TG just does not disppoint. The decor makes it extra special, doesn't it? Maybe one day I will try the Marrakesh. It must be stunning in there.

On our last trip I saw the umbrellas being sold at Magic Kingdom and I wanted to get it for my daughter but I figured she was too young to appreciate it. I might get her one this time around. I didn't know they do it in the French pavillon though. The doll size one looks really cute. What a great idea.

And that is so cute that your son is such a dancer. He will make a girl happy one day.

Hae a great Sunday!

Q
Now that we have eaten at TC, we are SO wanting to try Marrakesh!! I am sure it is soo amazing.

I saw them making the parasols/umbrellas at the Liberty Square in MK. We always do it at the French pavillion because they are true French artists painting them right in front of the fountains. It makes it so special!

HAHA I agree that my son will dance with his wife daily! Thank you so much for reading!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Great updates Katie!

So glad you all got a chance to experience Soarin'....one of the highlights of WDW for sure!

Tangerine Cafe looks yummy....that's one I haven't been to yet!

Looking forward to more!
Oohhh you need to try Tangerine Cafe! It is amazing. Just stop in for a coffee or something to check it out. Soarin was so amazing!! A new family favorite FOR SURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Lunch looks delish! I just love Donald Duck! I'm so glad you guys got to meet him. How cute about Aiden dancing!! I love his mexican Donald.
Yay, for meeting Katie. I've never heard of her before but she looks so cute.
Can't wait to hear what happens with the mouse.
Thank you so much for reading! Donald is such a funny character! My son just fell in love with him. He sleeps with his Donald every night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4blessings View Post
Love your update Katie! We loved TC too! My son says they have the best pizza!

And my katie saw the pic of the doll parasol and now she is set on getting one for HER Chrissa and Julie! So I guess we will be picking one up when we go in August!

Can't wait to hear the next update!
HAHA wow, the best pizza at TC?! I will have to get my daughter to try it out next time!

I am SO happy that your DD wants to get a parasol!!!! It is such a wonderful thing to keep for a long time and remember the trip. I can't wait to see what yours looks like!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichellebelle View Post
Hi! Wow, I could not believe my eyes when I saw Marie. I love Aristocats! So cute. I will have to stop by Tangerine Cafe in May.
OH I know you love Marie! She is SUCH a doll and always in the French pavillion (right outside). Stop by TC on your next trip and get a coffee or a fruit drink. Seriously, best CS in Epcot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Hi Katie!!

I thought about you when the Saints won....I thought "I bet Katie is going NUTS right now!!!" Congrats! I've seen a few interview with Drew Brees in the last week or so and he seems like such a neat guy with a neat family.

Your Epcot day looks like so much fun!! I'm glad the kids had such a great time. It's fun to see them interact with the characters.

Have a great day!
Isn't Drew the best?! There is a house being built in the neighborhood next to mine and it is rumored to be his! I hope it is him, I just think they are great!!

Epcot was great! I am sure you got to see it through kid's eyes on your last trip! Thanks for reading girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
I'm all caught up on your Epcot day . Sorry about Aiden and the stroller situation glad he was ok though. I have never been to Tangerine Cafe, hoping I can get Tom to try it in June. I love the pics of the Abby with Marie and Aiden with Donald, so sweet. I love the parasols in France. Kaylee loves her's. Never thought about getting them for the dolls, how cute!
Thanks Nicole!!! TC would be a GREAT adult place to eat or just get a coffee. It is such a relaxing place! I am glad to see that Kaylee still likes her parasol! I love when we buy something that actually gets used! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
A little late, but joining in!
NO just happy to have you! Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Phew - I'm all caught up on your report, Katie! It sounds like a great Epcot day and you guys did a lot! Soarin is just fabulous, isn't it? I am not a good flier either and I absolutely adore that ride for some reason! Kind of strange, huh?

I will definitely have to try TC next time we go. We were just never there at a good eating time, ya know? It looks really good! Morocco is one of my favorite areas in the WS! I'm glad you were able to drive the stroller right onto the boat!

Hope you make it onto Test Track!

Sara
Hi Sara!!! Dying to hear about YOUR trip! hehe.

TC is a great stop to have coffee or a snack and just soak in the atmosphere! We all just adored it. I was a little surprised since it is never really that busy there.

I am the same way about flying. Cant STAND it! But, did just fine on Soarin?! I guess it is because I know that we are totally safe at Disney! haha Thanks for reading girl!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
We were in New Orleans the exact same weekend as you. I loved being there for Super Bowl weekend! Belle dressed like Princess Tiana all weekend. She is convinced that they are long lost sisters. Haha! Too bad we didnít run into each other.

Catching up from the last 3 post-

Wow! No wait for Epcot attractions. Thatís awesome.

Your description makes me miss Soariní. I am terrified of heights, but it doesnít bother me a bit. Itís my favorite ride, in fact.

Tangerine Cafť is so good!

I love that Abby put her AG dolls names on the umbrella. She has such a sweet heart.

That mini piŮata is too much! How cute!

Iím so glad that Aiden did well on Maelstrom. I was going to ask you about it. We are going to Epcot first, so it will be our test ride with Belle to see what she can handle. It is our favorite of ours, so I really hope she likes it.
Another great update!
AHH wish we would have seen eachother! HOW CUTE is Belle wearing her Tiana outift?! I love that. We end up having a GREAT meet with Tiana at MK. Stay tuned, you will get so excited for your trip!!

Thank you so much for the compliments! Aiden did GREAT on ALL the rides. He is very relaxed and that def. helped. I think as long as you hug her tight, she will be fine. I was so surprised that he did as well as he did. I would say that Maelstrom would be a great test run for her. Def. do Spaceship Earth and Nemo first since they are so tame. Can't wait to hear about your trip! WHO DAT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMom View Post
Great TR. I'm loving all the pics. Your dd is so sweet to buy her brother bath toys!

BTW, my son was doing the happy dance for the Saints! He was rooting for them too.
GOOO SAINTS! We are still over the moon!!! Thank you so much for reading and for the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Hey, my friend!! Just checking in!! How was your Valentine's weekend?! I saw on your FB that you got something from Tiffany's?! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Miss you!
We had a wonderful weekend!!! The kids are off all week for Mardi Gras, so just trying to keep busy with play dates and shopping!

Chris gave me one of the new "key" necklaces from Tiffany's!!! I was so shocked b/c we saw a commercial and I had mentioned that I liked it. I was so surprised he remembered! Miss you too!!!! I am going to try to catch up on your PTR and update mine tonight!!! I bought a few things for our Dec trip and cant wait to share them with you! I am anxious to start a PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Fun up dates! Katie
were you aware that you can have your purchases sent to the front of the park and pick it up on the way out...so not to wait tow days for it to be sent to your room. When they first started that years and years ago it was nice whenyou went to your room that evening it was waiting on your bed.
Wow! Another great tip, Connie! That would be so helpful to get them from the front of the park! The other way just takes way too long. Hope you had a great Mardi Gras!!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:36 AM   #201
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

After we left WS, we headed towards the Character Spot to try out our luck. Of course, we stopped for a quick photopass pic in front of the fountains first We were soaking in our final moments at this beautiful park!! Have a look---

We also found out at this time that Test Track was closed for repair!! We decided that we would try back another day and add a park hopper to get back into Epcot. Well, it never happened because TT was closed our ENTIRE trip

When we arrived, we noticed that the Character Spot was MUCH tamer now. The wait looked about 5-10 minutes, so we got in line.

For those of you who do not know, my DD and I made a banner for Mickey Mouse to sign for her class. So, we were bringing it in with the idea that he could sign it for us.

My DH convinced me that it was also a good idea to bring along our frame matting (from the previous post) and have the characters sign it while they were all there in one spot. Of course, the kids wanted to get their autograph books signed….so we were “those people” in line!

When it was our turn to see Mickey, I held up the banner. I told Mickey what the banner was for and he started to act all strange. I realized that the Mickey CM could not see through the costume where to write on the banner! I guess it is easier to lift up the autograph books, rather than a huge banner. I was really close to asking Mickey not to worry about it when he took the banner and started running towards the front door!!!! My daughter looked so confused, but we were all just sort of laughing. I looked back at the line of people waiting to see him. We were all confused to say the least!

I followed Mickey and found that he was putting the banner on top of the TRASH CAN to sign it!! I will never forget this moment! It was so nice of the CM to go out of his/her way to make sure my daughter got her signiture. I thought I had a picture of it on my camera, but I think I was just in too much shock!! The Photopass guy got a good one of Mickey and the trash can (still strange to even TYPE it!), so I will post it as soon as I get my CD

Needless to say, we were NOT asking any other characters to sign the banner. But, we did get them all to sign the frame matting. My DH asked the CM if we could get a pic of Goofy holding up the banner and he said yes. Here it is…the kids in my daughter’s class were so excited!!

Also, here is a pic of the frame matting. I have a picture of the kids with Mickey in it now!!

Cont on next post...

Last edited by BippityBoo; 02-18-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #202
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

When we left the Character Spot, the sun was setting and it was getting chilly again. My DH and I decided that it was unfortunately time to leave Epcot. We really wanted the kids to be able to ride the monorail, so we boarded and headed to the POLY!!!

When we arrived at the Poly, it brought back so many memories. We ate there during our first trip (at O’hana) and just loved the tropical smells and the atmosphere.

I snapped a quick picture of a model Disney Cruise ship at the DVC booth. I wish I had more time to stop and talk to the agent about DVC! Maybe next time

Because we were on the Counter Service dining plan, we were not eating at O’hana tonight. I thought it would be really fun to try out the Poly’s Counter Service as a change of pace. SO…off to Captain Cooks!

Unfortunately, I do not have any pics of this meal. Aiden was getting pretty fussy after our long day (with only a 30 minute nap) so we ate quickly. My DH had a pulled pork sandwich (he said it was excellent), I had a cheese flat bread and the kids had the same. We were very pleased with our meal there! The food quality was really good and it was fun ordering from the computer. We had no trouble with it at all.

After dinner, we made our way to the Poly gift shop. My DD got a “Baby Dumbo” from this shop last year, so she wanted to see what other babies they had. She ended up finding a “Baby Marie” stuffed animal!! She really enjoyed meeting Marie in Epcot and absolutely adores her Aiden picked a “Baby Pluto” as well. They are SO cute and a nice, small size for the kids.

After our shopping spree, we got back onto the monorail and took it to the MK. Then, we jumped on the WL boat and headed back “home”.

The WL was such a wonderful place to retreat to after a long day at the park. When we walked up from the boat dock, we noticed that people and their children were swimming!!! They must have been crazy, it was literally in the 20’s

When we got back to the room, we had just enough time to play with our wonderful towel animals our Mousekeeping left us and to catch the end of WISHES from our balcony! A beautiful end to a wonderful day

UP NEXT: Good morning, good morning-- it’s great to stay up late! Magic Kingdom 9am-9pm NON STOP FUN!!! Will Abby finally get to ride a REAL Disney coaster? Princess Tiana or bust…will the Cast Member finally allow us to meet the new princess?? Stay tuned

Last edited by BippityBoo; 02-18-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #203
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I am really enjoying your TR!

I am sorry about TT not being open

The baby Marie and baby Pluto are adorable!

I can't wait for the next update!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 02-18-2010, 06:46 AM   #204
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
The Photopass guy got a good one of Mickey and the trash can (still strange to even TYPE it!), so I will post it as soon as I get my CD
I'm looking forward to seeing that! Do you also have a picture of the frame mat?

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 02-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #205
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh man, that stinks that TT was closed for your entire trip! Just gives you a reason to go back though right?

That baby Marie is so cute
Old 02-18-2010, 08:36 AM   #206
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

What a fun end to your day!!

I just love the Poly....I would love to be able to stay there one day. Also, rumor has it that they'll be building Vacation Club rooms at the Poly, so that would be super nice. I don't know if I've asked you before - have you guys thought about DVC? It's on my 10 year plan . I for sure want to have it some day, it'll just take me a while.

I love those blanket stuffed animals!! When we went and saw Caroline this weekend, we stopped at a Cracker Barrel for lunch and got her a giraffe in a blanket - they are so cute!! I bet the kids have fun playing with those.

What a neat idea to get a banner signed for the teacher - I bet he/she loved that!!! It was nice of the characters to be so accomodating, too....very nice!

Old 02-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #207
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Hi!

I am really enjoying your TR!

I am sorry about TT not being open

The baby Marie and baby Pluto are adorable!

I can't wait for the next update!
HI!!! Thank you so much for reading! They are cute, aren't they?? I hope to update some time this weekend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing that! Do you also have a picture of the frame mat?

Denise
Hi Denise!! Just added a pic of the frame in the post! I had to go and dig a little to find the pic, so I forgot to put it in lastnight!! Hope you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Oh man, that stinks that TT was closed for your entire trip! Just gives you a reason to go back though right?

That baby Marie is so cute
That is right! Any reason to go back is good for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
What a fun end to your day!!

I just love the Poly....I would love to be able to stay there one day. Also, rumor has it that they'll be building Vacation Club rooms at the Poly, so that would be super nice. I don't know if I've asked you before - have you guys thought about DVC? It's on my 10 year plan . I for sure want to have it some day, it'll just take me a while.

I love those blanket stuffed animals!! When we went and saw Caroline this weekend, we stopped at a Cracker Barrel for lunch and got her a giraffe in a blanket - they are so cute!! I bet the kids have fun playing with those.

What a neat idea to get a banner signed for the teacher - I bet he/she loved that!!! It was nice of the characters to be so accomodating, too....very nice!
That would be GREAT to have a DVC at the Poly! We hope to stay there next May when we are on our way to our Dream Cruise. We are going to do some water parks and the MK for 3 days or so before the cruise.

The baby giraffe sounds so cute! I love giraffes.

Abby's teacher LOVES Disney, so she really enjoyed hanging it up in the class.

As far as the DVC, I hope to do a tour in December when we go back. We are thinking that we will sign up during the May Poly trip that I mentioned above. It will really just depend on how much it costs. I will let you know any info I get in December
Old 02-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #208
elle bell
Mouseketeer

I love how you had all the characters sign the frame matting! I hope you don't mind if I steal your great idea!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #209
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

The frame matting is such a great idea! I might copy that idea and let the princesses sign it for Belle's room.

I can't wait to read about MK!!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #210
floydfamily4
DIS Veteran

I am really enjoying your report. I love that the kids were able to enjoy so much of Epcot. So many people think its not for younger kids but clearly your family had a great time. Also I had no idea that Pinnochio Haus had an upstairs When we were there in Nov. we ate there but sat in the main dining room with lots of other people Waiting for the next update

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: