Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #166
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY for the Saints win!! My girls have been LOVING the new Drew Brees Disney commercial!!

I am cracking up at Aiden thinking he was getting the seagulls to say "Mine"!! That is too cute!! And Abby is so sweet to spend her money on her brother!!

Our family loves Spaceship Earth!! Michelangelo painting the ceiling is also one of my favorite parts of the ride!! Incredible!!

Chip and Dale--yay!! Sooo cute!! I can't wait to see how the frame matting turned out!!

Surely Test Track is only closed down temporarily!! Right?!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:30 AM   #167
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

What a cute story about Aiden and his seagulls! I bet that was such a fun moment!

I've got to try Turtle Talk with Crush next time. I've never done it but I LOVE Crush You make it sound like a lot of fun!

I think that is amazing that your DD saved $150! And she's 6, right? Wow! So many kids don't get the concept of saving and then it gets them later in life but she's obviously going to be just fine! How absolutely sweet of her to buy the nemo set for her brother She sounds like a wonderful little girl!

We've never seen any characters out and about at EPCOT (well, except for the big white cat but I don't even know her name ) How exciting you saw Chip and Dale! And I love the idea of the frame! I can't wait to see how it turns out
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #168
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I'm a NYer, but SO glad the Saints won!! If any state deserves the pick up, it was LA! I cannot imagine going through the heartache of Katrina, etc.
We LOVE Nemo and Friends! I know a lot of people don't think it's too terrific, but we think it's so well done.
Your daughter is a doll-- must make you feel like you're raising them right when she pulls such a sweet gesture and buys a gift (without prompting) for your son! Also, I wish I had the saving skills she does-- $150! Good job, Abby!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #169
lisalisalisa
Mouseketeer

Great trip report. I look forward to your next update .
Disneyland Paris - 1992 (opening week), 93,94,97,98,01,02,05,06,07,08,10,11 & Apr 12
WDW- 2001.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #170
Queila
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you guys had --- and are still having--- a great time. I am really happy for the Saints fans. Very deserving.

I love the Nemo bathtub toys too. They are really cute and they might just make it into my list of things to buy on our next trip!

Q
Old 02-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #171
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Soarin is relaxing...I would love to get the music!!! Where did you find it??
It's on the CD Four Parks, One World which I bought at WDW but I'm sure you could find it on other CD's, maybe iTunes!

How sweet that your DD bought her brother a gift, it sounds as though she's very smart with her money

How lovely that DD was so excited to ride Soarin with her Daddy
Old 02-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #172
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
The Super Bowl commercials give me chills all the time...I'm such a sap!

We're usually at WDW during the Super Bowl (this year I went on a cruise and fouled everything up...such a pained existence, I tell you!) But I don't think I've ever seen them run the parade so quickly after. That would have been neat to see!

That's so sweet of your little girl to buy stuff for her brother! ...It's things like that which make me want to have kids. Adorable.
Aww you are too sweet!! It is those moments that make you proud as a parent! I hope you had a great time on your cruise!! Are you going to write a TR (even though it is not a Disney cruise...still want to hear about it!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
cute update - that's so nice that DD saved so much money to spend at WDW!!

My DF is a Saints fan (not many British people follow NFL, but he loves all sport so much!) but he couldn't watch the superbowl as it didn't start until 11.30pm UK time!! - he woke up in the middle of the night to check the final score!
Then we watched the whole thing on Monday night (recorded on Sky+, it's our version of TiVo!) - I'm finally learning the rules of the game, I think!! ...lol and I posted the Drew Brees 'Disney World' advert on my facebook page too, so magical!

Looking forward to reading more

Emma x
That is amazing!!! Your DF has great taste!! It is pretty easy to get once you watch it over and over again! Isn't Drew Brees the best? What a great guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Congrats to your Saints! We were pulling for them here as well (even though it was hard since they beat my Vikes! ). There are 3 former Sooners on the Saints roster, so we had to cheer for them! And, that footage of Drew Brees after the game, all teary eyed, holding his son - that was magical right there!

On to your update - I love the fact that Abby picked the snow globe in order to remember the moment with her brother, and the fact that she bought something for him. That is so sweet! You're doing a good job, mom!

I also think that is such a clever idea about the picture mat - I can't wait to see the finished product!
Ohhh sorry, I like the Vikings too! Wasn't that the BEST moment in sports history?

Thanks for the compliments! I love when my kids do good things without asking. It makes me so happy!!

I will post the mat on my next Epcot post when we finally make it to the Character Spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
What a great sister! I love the snow globe she picked out!

Thank you! Isn't it cute?!

Can't wait to see it!

I hope that Test Track was just temporarily closed!

Denise
Well...we shall see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinolichfamily View Post
Great updates

Saints!! My Husband and his family were all cheering for them! I am not a football person but that was a great game!

WL looks like a great resort to stay at...love that warm and cozy feeling!
Thank you! The story behind the football is what makes it so amazing!
The WL was the BEST place I have ever stayed. Just love it! It IS so cozy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Aww what a sweet big sister. She is good at saving! I hope she gets her ride on TT!
She is much better at saving than me!! haha I will post about TT on my next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4blessings View Post
Congrats on the Saints win! My older son was rooting for the Colts, but my 8yr old son is a Saints fan (well, after the Jets, that is!) so he was psyched!

I love the kids fleece jackets! Did you get them in the parks?

So sweet, that Abby bought Aiden the snow globe and bath toys. We have tons of disney bath toys (seems like we are always at disney with one toddler!) and they still play with them at the beach, in the pool or in their water tables! Good investment!

Love your updates! Keep them coming!
The Saints win was truly amazing!!!

I kind of had to get creative with the fleece jackets. I knew what I wanted, but could not find them anywhere. So, I bought red fleeces from www.thechildrensplace.com and then got a lady to monogram the Mickey and Minnie with their names. You would be surprised to find out how hard it is to find a toddler and an older girl size in the same jacket...took me FOREVER but they turned out great. I think they can use them again in December b/c they fit large.

GREAT idea to use them at the beach!!! We are going in June!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
I know, I am ready to find out!!

Okay, I am all caught up now! Let me just say...WHOA!!!! The next time I go on vacation, I seriously want you to come help me get as organized as you are!!!! Girl, you are amazing!!!!! I love the idea of using the plastic containers!!!

I can't believe it was so chilly on your MK day when you got there! Of course, I would have loved it! I stay so hot natured!! lol! But, poor Chad would have been freezing!!!

I am loving all of the pictures and hearing about your sweet family!!!

Oh, and I know you were so excited the Saints won!!!!!!!! WHO DAT!!!!
HAHA buy me a plane ticket!! I am going to do a whole post on the containers since they have brought up so much interest. I divised an even better plan for my December trip...stay tuned!

It was freakishly cold. It was during that whole winter storm thing that came through. Yes, as a preggers lady, you would have been just so comfy! haha

Thank you SO much!!! WHO DAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
That was so very sweet of your daughter to buy something for her brother! You gotta love that!

We love Spaceship Earth too! Even my DD likes it. And Soarin', Turtle Talk, and Nemo......... you rode all our favorites! Sounds like a great day so far.
Seems to be family favorites of families with any kid under 10 Not only do we love them, but they are SO close together which makes for an easy tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY for the Saints win!! My girls have been LOVING the new Drew Brees Disney commercial!!

I am cracking up at Aiden thinking he was getting the seagulls to say "Mine"!! That is too cute!! And Abby is so sweet to spend her money on her brother!!

Our family loves Spaceship Earth!! Michelangelo painting the ceiling is also one of my favorite parts of the ride!! Incredible!!

Chip and Dale--yay!! Sooo cute!! I can't wait to see how the frame matting turned out!!

Surely Test Track is only closed down temporarily!! Right?!
I need to send you the video we have. It is to die for! He was so proud of himself! haha

SE is amazing. I almost get teary eyed on the Michelangelo part, dont you? I feel like it looks like it is really him...crazy I know!

Chip and Dale were great and turned out to be one of Aiden's favorite meets (we see them 3 times!)

UGH TT...will post more on my next update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
What a cute story about Aiden and his seagulls! I bet that was such a fun moment!

I've got to try Turtle Talk with Crush next time. I've never done it but I LOVE Crush You make it sound like a lot of fun!

I think that is amazing that your DD saved $150! And she's 6, right? Wow! So many kids don't get the concept of saving and then it gets them later in life but she's obviously going to be just fine! How absolutely sweet of her to buy the nemo set for her brother She sounds like a wonderful little girl!

We've never seen any characters out and about at EPCOT (well, except for the big white cat but I don't even know her name ) How exciting you saw Chip and Dale! And I love the idea of the frame! I can't wait to see how it turns out
OH you should go see TTWC!! Even people without kids go b/c he is really funny. Sometimes, the kids don't even get his jokes because they are for the older crowd!

She saves SO much better than I do!!! My DH is huge on saving so, he thought that would be a great way to teach her. We told her that she did not have to save all of her money, but she saved it ALL (Birthdays, Christmas, etc).

I will post a pic of the frame on my next update! It turned out SO cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I'm a NYer, but SO glad the Saints won!! If any state deserves the pick up, it was LA! I cannot imagine going through the heartache of Katrina, etc.
We LOVE Nemo and Friends! I know a lot of people don't think it's too terrific, but we think it's so well done.
Your daughter is a doll-- must make you feel like you're raising them right when she pulls such a sweet gesture and buys a gift (without prompting) for your son! Also, I wish I had the saving skills she does-- $150! Good job, Abby!
Thats right---proud Mommy moment!!!

LA is SO energized by the Saints. So many amazing things are happening here. Its awesome!

Don't you just love Nemo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalisalisa View Post
Great trip report. I look forward to your next update .
Thank you so much for reading!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #173
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
Sounds like you guys had --- and are still having--- a great time. I am really happy for the Saints fans. Very deserving.

I love the Nemo bathtub toys too. They are really cute and they might just make it into my list of things to buy on our next trip!

Q
Thank you!!! The party will last a whole year, believe me

The Nemo bath toys are a family favorite now...and they were not that expensive! Maybe $12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
It's on the CD Four Parks, One World which I bought at WDW but I'm sure you could find it on other CD's, maybe iTunes!

How sweet that your DD bought her brother a gift, it sounds as though she's very smart with her money

How lovely that DD was so excited to ride Soarin with her Daddy

UGH that is seriously the only thing that I did not get to do on my list at WDW (buy the music CD). I am heading there FIRST in my December trip!

She is so smart with her money. I am SO proud of her. She def. gets it from her father

Soarin is such a great thing to experience with your kids, isn't it?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #174
disney<333
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in!
I loved the WL when I stayed there. G-o-r-g-e-o-u-s! How cool that the x-mas decorations were still up! We went for Thanksgiving and I loved seeing everything for christmas! I love the kids' clothes too cute!! Becky did a great job on the bow. I wish my girls were both a few years younger! What app did you get for your I-phone? Oh my gosh, about Aiden and the stroller. Sounds like a great first day at Epcot! I can't believe Soarin' was walk on!
Subbing!
Barbara
Old 02-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #175
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Epcot Part 3

We were on our way to the World Showcase. My DS was dozing off on his sister’s shoulder and luckily, the weather was starting to warm up! We approached the friendship boat that takes you across the water, right to Morocco. I had been searching information on whether or not the rental strollers can make it onto the friendship boats. My son was asleep at this point, so I really needed it to work out! To my surprise, we were able to wheel it right on and got a great spot inside. We also asked the CM about Test Track. He said that he thought it was a temporary closure and that we should try back later.

The ride over was beautiful. There was literally not a cloud in the sky and the boat pilot was so funny. After only a few minutes…we were in Morocco and ready for lunch

Where would we eat? TANGERINE CAFÉ!!!

Here are a few pics I snapped while waiting to order.

The building was so breathtaking. I was in AWE that is was a Counter Service. The atmosphere was so wonderful. The kids and my DH found a great little table in a back room close to the coffee counter. It was like our own private seating. My DH ordered a Gyro Sandwich, I got the Falafel Sandwich (since I don’t eat meat), the kids shared a chicken nugget (Aiden always wakes up for a meal!) and I got a humus for all of us to split. Here is a pic of mine--

The wait for food was not long at all. The CMs were so fast and friendly. I was carrying the tray back to the table and I bumped the wall. My coke spilled a little bit into the kid’s food!! I went back to the counter and explained what happened, and the CM gave me a whole new meal no questions asked. LOVE IT

The food was really good. One of our favorite CS of the trip. They even still had the Christmas cups. Cute!!

Even if you do not eat lunch there, I highly recommend popping in for a coffee or fruit smoothie drink here. SO NEAT!

We exited the restaurant and decided to start walking towards France. That is where we left off on our last trip, and we were dying to explore a little more. On our last trip, my DD bought a large umbrella hand painted by the French artists. This year, she used her money to buy a mini version of the one she got last year. Since it is doll sized, she put her American Girl’s names on it (Julie and Chrissa). Here they are modeling it!

We did have to wait for about 10 minutes for them to finish the umbrella. My DH and I bought a glass of wine from the kiosk and then sat on a few benches, taking in the sights. We also had a good view of these guys!! It always makes me nervous to watch

One of the biggest reasons we chose the bench was….MARIE! We have never met her, but Abby fell in love with her right away. Aside from the princesses, this was her favorite character meet! She is so adorable, isn’t she? The CM was extra nice and went above and beyond to make it special since there were not many people in line.

After meeting Marie, Aiden got dancing fever again!! He started to dance to the whimsical French music playing on the speakers (remember his dance with the Polka music in the MK? ). Everyone was laughing..again!!

Cont on next post...

Last edited by BippityBoo; 02-12-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #176
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Over the bridge we went to the UK!!! It is so charming, isn’t it?

My DH got another phone call for work at this point, so I took the kids to throw MORE pennies into the fountains.

After taking in the UK, we continued on to Canada! Off Kilter was playing and we were SO impressed and yes…Aiden did dance! What a unique band!

We briefly walked through Canada. I really want to explore it more when we go back in December.

On our way to Mexico!

We saw the Epcot Christmas tree. Here is a shot of the tree, then a close up of the ornaments. It was very large and impressive!!

Now onto Mexico! We totally skipped the inside of the building/market place last time because I thought it was only a restaurant!!! We made our way around to the stroller ramp…and saw Donald!! My DS just fell in love with Donald in his sombrero. It was really adorable. He said “I love Donald” when we left the autograph session!

We parked the stroller and entered the market place. What a beautiful scene! I could not believe we missed out on it last time. We did some shopping in the market square.

My daughter picked a hand painted ceramic pot from Mexico and a mini pinata (that she informs me she will NEVER hit and break). My son picked…of course…DONALD with his sombrero!! So adorable…he sleeps with it all the time.

We all decided that we loved the atmosphere of the restaurant San Angel Inn. On a future trip, we would like to try it out. I have read that the food is not amazing, but how cool would it be to eat there with the kids?

Of course, we could not leave Mexico without riding the Grand Fiesta Tour! The kids really loved it. So colorful and fun!

At the Mexico Kiosk, Abby decided she needed to try on a very big sombrero. Where did she go?

We were getting so excited because we were on our way to a family favorite….Norway/Maelstrom!!

After all that walking, we were getting a little hungry. While the kids threw pennies in the waterfall (go figure!) I stopped at the little bakery. I had read wonderful things about the rice pudding here, so I got some for my DH and I to try and a cookie for the kids. Look how cute…it has a Viking chocolate in the middle! They were both really yummy!

We had a little bit of trouble getting the kids away from the waterfall at this point because they had realized that the boat from Maelstrom sticks out of the top, and then everyone yells. They were getting a kick out of it. My DH and I were taking in the beautiful Christmas decorations.

We finished our snack and were off to ride Maelstrom!

I was a little worried how Aiden would do, but he did just fine! He said “ooohhh scary!” and “yeah! I did it!” the entire ride. He also did really well on the drop.

At this point, my DH and I decided that we should make our way back to the Character Spot to try again. On our way, we were going to stop at Test Track to see why it was still closed. The kids loaded into their stroller, the infamous blanket came out again because the sun was going down and we took off!

UP NEXT: The answer to the Test Track dilemma (Promise) ! Why do we make Mickey Mouse RUN AWAY from his post at the Character Spot? Break out the grass skirts…we are headed to the Poly!! Stay Tuned!

Last edited by BippityBoo; 02-12-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #177
martinolichfamily
DIS Veteran

Great update!

We ate at San Angel Inn last trip and I enjoyed my dish I ordered (can't remember now what it was though!)....the atmosphere is pretty cool too!

This next trip we really have to go through the WS. We have never been through the whole thing...we only get to Mexico for some reason! Love the UK buildings!
March 2007: 1st family vacation (off site) ~ July 2009: Fort Wilderness Cabin ~ July 2010: POP Century w/DxDP ~ April 2011:POP Century w/DP (Our 10 yr Anniversary Trip) ~ July 2012:1st Disneyland Trip(Desert Palms) ~ January 2013: offsite (DH & I) ~ July 2013: SS & AKL:Kidani (Brayden's 1st WDW Trip! & 1st DVC Trip!)~ November 2013: SS Treehouse & BC ~March 2014: Bonnet Creek (offsite) ~ June 2014: OKW
Old 02-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #178
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Loved the stroll around WS! One of my favorite spots in WDW! Just had to comment on San Angel Inn. We ate there in '08 and enjoyed it very much. You can't always listen to reviews. Sometimes you just have to try it for yourself. We loved the atmosphere, the Mariachi band, the boats sailing by......... it was all wonderful. We still talk about that dinner often. Give it a try next time, you might really like it.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #179
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
I'm joining in!
I loved the WL when I stayed there. G-o-r-g-e-o-u-s! How cool that the x-mas decorations were still up! We went for Thanksgiving and I loved seeing everything for christmas! I love the kids' clothes too cute!! Becky did a great job on the bow. I wish my girls were both a few years younger! What app did you get for your I-phone? Oh my gosh, about Aiden and the stroller. Sounds like a great first day at Epcot! I can't believe Soarin' was walk on!
Subbing!
Barbara
Isn't the WL the best Thank you so much for the compliments! Becky did awesome,and did make me one more bow (I will post about it later on)!

I have downloaded many apps. I don't have the real names for them right now, but I will go look and get back to you. The best ones were the ride wait time app and the disney dining app (so you can look at menus before you get there to decide what you want). This way, my kids and my DH could tell me what to order. It was so helpful and saved time!

UGH the stroller situation! I think we will rent from Orlando Rentals next time. It is still big enough to hold my daughter as well, so it will be nice.

Our wait times were SO low!! It was really nice!! Thanks for subbing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinolichfamily View Post
Great update!

We ate at San Angel Inn last trip and I enjoyed my dish I ordered (can't remember now what it was though!)....the atmosphere is pretty cool too!

This next trip we really have to go through the WS. We have never been through the whole thing...we only get to Mexico for some reason! Love the UK buildings!
Thank you so much!!! Seems like lots of people liked it! The WS is a total must do for our family. Mexico seems logical because it is right in front! We loved Norway, China, America, France and the UK. SO NEAT! Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Loved the stroll around WS! One of my favorite spots in WDW! Just had to comment on San Angel Inn. We ate there in '08 and enjoyed it very much. You can't always listen to reviews. Sometimes you just have to try it for yourself. We loved the atmosphere, the Mariachi band, the boats sailing by......... it was all wonderful. We still talk about that dinner often. Give it a try next time, you might really like it.
Thank you SO much!! We are planning a cruise next May, so I thought that we could try it then since we are staying at the Poly and going to spend a lot of time swimming, etc. A neat Mexican dinner would go RIGHT along with that tropical/exotic feel Bonus on the mariachi bands!! That is great! Thanks so much for the info
Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #180
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

WS looks sooo neat. I just love all the different cultures right there in one place. For some reason I have no memories of it whatsoever from any of the trips I took as a kid.

That picture of Abby with the sombrero is hilarious! And Aiden with Donald...so sweet! I love all of the souveneirs they picked out. Can't wait to hear the rest of your Epcot day!
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: