Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #121
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
We were very lucky with treats, towel animals, etc this trip. I don't remember receiving any of those things on our previous trips, so we felt really special How sad that Aisling never got a surprise I hope the mousekeepers make up for it during your next stay and she gets lots of little goodies!

AKL is awesome with the towel animal thing. On Aisling's first trip there, they made her DOLL from towels. Then she came back and knocked on the door to make sure that Aisling knew she could keep it and take it home. She still has it!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #122
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
AKL is awesome with the towel animal thing. On Aisling's first trip there, they made her DOLL from towels. Then she came back and knocked on the door to make sure that Aisling knew she could keep it and take it home. She still has it!
Wow! A doll?! Now THAT is impressive
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #123
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That looks really good! We've only eaten there once, with the old menu, but we really liked it!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #124
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think FI could have watched this train all day!

What is it with men and this train???? I have to drag DH away from it everytime we're there!

Can't wait to hear about your dinner at Le Cellier!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 02-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #125
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Joining in!

Excited to hear about Le Cellier...just thinking about it makes me drool...yummmm!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #126
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
That looks really good! We've only eaten there once, with the old menu, but we really liked it!

Denise
It was so good! I've been craving the chiliquilles ever since!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
What is it with men and this train???? I have to drag DH away from it everytime we're there!

Can't wait to hear about your dinner at Le Cellier!
Too funny! We were there for a good 5 minutes watching that thing! I was like...Must. Get. To. Mexico. Need. Food. NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
Joining in!

Excited to hear about Le Cellier...just thinking about it makes me drool...yummmm!
So glad to have you reading along! Le Cellier is coming up soon!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #127
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

I'm subbing - it is never too late!
Congats on the engagement!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #128
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsa1969 View Post
I'm subbing - it is never too late!
Congats on the engagement!
Of course it's never too late! Thanks for the congrats and thank you for reading!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #129
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

LOVE your update!! I can't remember if I commented, so I will just comment "again"

WS is the best!!! I absolutely LOVE the America tree!!! So pretty!

Girl, you JUSt missed WDW closing down the Mexican CS by, what, days? When we got there, they had tarps over it and were re-doing it! We liked eating there last year. Have you ever eaten at San Angel? We thought it was really pretty.

I am so pumped to hear about your Le Cellier meal!!! A must do on our next trip!!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #130
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Terrific update!! I wish DBF and I had tried Cantina-- what you had looks amazing!! We had the same card when we went in August-- we didn't end up using the photopass discount, but it was such a sweet gesture. I hope Le Cellier is everything you hoped for!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #131
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
LOVE your update!! I can't remember if I commented, so I will just comment "again"

WS is the best!!! I absolutely LOVE the America tree!!! So pretty!

Girl, you JUSt missed WDW closing down the Mexican CS by, what, days? When we got there, they had tarps over it and were re-doing it! We liked eating there last year. Have you ever eaten at San Angel? We thought it was really pretty.

I am so pumped to hear about your Le Cellier meal!!! A must do on our next trip!!
Thanks Isn't that tree just gorgeous? It certainly isn't the largest or the most elaborately decorated but there's something about it that I find so beautiful

We were lucky we got to the cantina when we did! When we were there later in the week it was already boarded up! We did eat at San Angel two years ago. Its definitely more authentic Mexican, which FI liked. I wasn't crazy about the food there but I didn't dislike it either. The atmosphere is what really makes it - it's such a neat setting. FI requested it for this trip but I couldn't get a reservation. Its on our list for next time, though. I think it's worth a shot even if it is just for the atmosphere

Le Cellier should be coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Terrific update!! I wish DBF and I had tried Cantina-- what you had looks amazing!! We had the same card when we went in August-- we didn't end up using the photopass discount, but it was such a sweet gesture. I hope Le Cellier is everything you hoped for!
Thank you! The chiliquilles were delicious! I know this place gets horrible reviews, and who knows - the other dishes might be disgusting, but that one is worth the visit! So tasty. I think they're reopening it this fall. Its supposed to be a revamped half TS/half CS from what I've read on here. I hope they keep the chiliquilles!

We didn't use our card either. Even though I made it a point to stop for more pictures with the PP photographer than during previous trips, we still didn't get enough to justify the cost of the CD. It was super sweet though! And the card from Mickey and Minnie was too cute!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #132
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Yep---just found on a blog that they are closing it up to help the traffic flow and to improve it off of the popularity of the tequila counter inside! The atmosphere is the only reason we would eat at San Angel! The kids would love it!

Just looking at pictures of Le Cellier and trying to decide between that and Chefs De France for our Christmas trip. I think my family (in laws, etc) would enjoy Le Cellier. I, on the other hand, would love to try Chefs. UGH so torn. hoping that your TR will help me decide
Old 02-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #133
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Yep---just found on a blog that they are closing it up to help the traffic flow and to improve it off of the popularity of the tequila counter inside! The atmosphere is the only reason we would eat at San Angel! The kids would love it!

Just looking at pictures of Le Cellier and trying to decide between that and Chefs De France for our Christmas trip. I think my family (in laws, etc) would enjoy Le Cellier. I, on the other hand, would love to try Chefs. UGH so torn. hoping that your TR will help me decide
Le Cellier is a wonderful restaurant, but I'm like you - I'm drying to try Chefs. Hopefully my next update will give you some clarity, although I'm sure either choice would be a winner!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #134
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 – Pt. 5

Before I tell the story of our evening spent dinning in Canada, I’d like the tell the sort of funny story about how this highly-coveted ADR came to be.

My original plan for Le Cellier was to eat here on our final EPCOT day, our second to last day in the parks. When I called to make my ADRs, I first tried to get a reservation for San Angel on this night, however, there was no availability – which I found pretty surprising.

The kind CM could tell that I was disappointed and suggested, “There is 7:20 reservation for Le Cellier that night”

She could barely finish before I practically shouted “I’ll take it!” I couldn’t believe that one of the hardest to get ADRs was practically handed to me.

Anyway, on to the meal…
EPCOT was looking lovely this night. I love the lighting of this park.

After a brisk walk through EPCOT we made our way to the Canadian steakhouse. I love the setting here, how it's tucked away into the little gardens.

We waited maybe 15 minutes before we were lead to our table and introduced to our waitress, Chelsey, who was wonderful!

I obviously knew how I wanted to start out my meal – with that famous cheese soup, of course! Being that we were on the basic dining plan appetizers are not included, however, the chef’s choice section of the menu (which includes an appetizer, entrée and dessert) is included in the plan. Luckily, the entrée FI wanted was an option for this section and being that he wasn’t interested in an appetizer, it worked out perfectly for me!

FI chose the roasted chicken and I picked the ever-popular mushroom filet.

First of course, was the cheese soup!

This soup was definitely good, but after the way it’s hyped, I don’t think it was as good as I was expecting. Still though, being a cheese lover I quite enjoyed it and would certainly recommend it.

Next up were our entrees and they did not disappoint. My filet was wonderful – I would definintely eat it again if I return to Le Cellier. FI was also really impressed with his chicken. We also ordered a side of mashed potatoes, which we quite enjoyed.

For dessert, I ordered the chocolate whiskey cake, which was good but I didn’t find it to be anything spectacular. FI, not being a big dessert eater, passed on dessert.

I should also mention here that, while I added our engagement celebration to our resort reservation, I did not add the celebration to any of our dining reservations. At some of the restaurants however, they noticed my just engaged pin and we got a little special treatment.
As I was enjoying my dessert, our sweet waitress Chelsey brought us a congratulations card in honor of our engagement. She had a few of the other waiters sign it as well! I thought it was so kind of her.

As we were finishing up our meal we could hear Illuminations starting. Anxious to catch as much as we could, we quickly paid and walked out of the restaurant to catch the last few minutes of the show. Not a bad way to exit a restaurant after a wonderful meal, huh?

Seeing the entire show was definitely on our list for our second EPCOT day later in the week. It was so nice strolling out of the park with the Illuminations music playing and the “ball” all lit up.

After a lovely evening, we said goodbye to EPCOT until later in the week and headed back to our
“home”.

UP NEXT: Finally, Goofy Proposes!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #135
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY!! I cannot WAIT to eat at Le Cellier! The food sounds sooo good! I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal!! Can't wait to hear about the proposal!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: