Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #106
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
This looks yummy!
It was SOOOO good. I wish i had one now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Wait...stop....YOU'VE NEVER WANDERED AROUND WS???? That's shocking to me! I'm so glad that you actually did it this trip! I have a good guess what your pedometer reading might be as DH and I used to wear them before we brought my DD with us. It's way more walking that you think. For instance, if I asked you to get up tomorrow and walk that distance- you'd probably think I was nuts!

Glad you stopped for a yummy snack. I really need to try and stop in France next time and get a snack. I only stop for the Grey Goose Slushies
I know, I know...I'm so ashmaed
In my defense I was never taken to EPCOT as a child So my first time there was with FI (well, then BF) on our first trip. We were so consumed with Future World that we never got around to WS.

The amount of walking you do at Disney really is crazy. Especially at EPCOT!

The Napoleon was so good! It will definitely be a must do for us now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
I'm glad you finally got to explore the World Showcase. It really is beautiful. I'm usually guilty of not really exploring the pavilions...I tend to skim them! On my next trip, I'm determined to spend more time there!

I'm anxious to see if you made it to Mexico. That's one of my favorite CS
WS is just lovely! As you will see in my next update, we were guilty of a bit of skimming as well I'm hoping for my next trip to do more in WS as well...I'd like to dedicate at least a whole afternoon for it, instead of the two hours we probably spent there this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
You've never wandered around the WS?!
The shame, the shame! It's terrible isn't it? But as a child I never visited EPCOT so its still the newest to me (this was our third trip with EPCOT) and for our previous two visits we spent all our time in Future World.

Its definitely a priority now though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
That's my favorite pavilion!

Wow, that looks good!

Denise
The UK was just beautiful! I would have loved to have spent more time there.

And that Napoleon was SO good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat4DIS View Post
OMG - must eat Napoleon now!!! That looks soooo good. Thank goodness it's almost lunch time.
Oh my, how I would LOVE to have one of those right now! They were amazing!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #107
klacey1
DIS Veteran

WE get terrific napoleons in NY, but I have to say, that ones looks delicious!! So much good cream! Yummy!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #108
ga disney mom
Earning My Ears

We walked around the WS this year for the first time last year. We all really enjoyed it. We ate in the French bakery too and my daughter was just telling me yesterday that when we go back to Disney again she wants to eat at that bakery again. She is really picky so I was surprised that she liked it. But then again she did have a ham sandwich and a dessert, whats not to like
Old 02-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #109
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

As soon as I read that you were getting a snack in France I thought "I hope she got a napoleon!"

Those things are amazing and wonderful and a reason in and of themselves to go to WDW (I am not exaggerating). A few trips ago I got one almost every day.

Glad you finally found the World Showcase!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #110
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

Psst! Don't worry I never wondered around there either!

I kept getting stopped in Morocco cause they CMs there kept thinking I was from there or that area. Which I'm from Turkey...but I never got to explore much or it. And time I went was raining cats and dogs so I never even really got a chance to look at around. Cause we were too busy searching for cover!

I love the way the Napoleon looks but I don't think I could eat it. Haha I'd crash too soon after it.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #111
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
WE get terrific napoleons in NY, but I have to say, that ones looks delicious!! So much good cream! Yummy!
It was REALLY delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga disney mom View Post
We walked around the WS this year for the first time last year. We all really enjoyed it. We ate in the French bakery too and my daughter was just telling me yesterday that when we go back to Disney again she wants to eat at that bakery again. She is really picky so I was surprised that she liked it. But then again she did have a ham sandwich and a dessert, whats not to like
Wasn't the bakery great?! We sure loved it

How cute that your daughter requested to eat there on your next trip - she has good taste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
As soon as I read that you were getting a snack in France I thought "I hope she got a napoleon!"

Those things are amazing and wonderful and a reason in and of themselves to go to WDW (I am not exaggerating). A few trips ago I got one almost every day.

Glad you finally found the World Showcase!
Next time I'm at Disney I am definitely getting more than just one! I could see myself using the majority of my snack credits in that bakery - everything looked amazing! I wish I had of sampled more of their offerings.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #112
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

The WS is my FAVORITE part of Epcot!! YUM--the Napolean is making my mouth water!! Brent had one of those on our trip last year. Ally and I had the chocolate eclairs--sooo good!!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #113
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
Psst! Don't worry I never wondered around there either!
Its just so hard to leave Future World! We love the rides there so much - but WS is really neat. One day we'll spend more time there...
Old 02-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #114
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
The WS is my FAVORITE part of Epcot!! YUM--the Napolean is making my mouth water!! Brent had one of those on our trip last year. Ally and I had the chocolate eclairs--sooo good!!
WS is so beautiful, and there's just so much to see (and eat ) there! I could so go for a napoleon right now! I bet the eclairs would be great! I'll have to try one of those next time I'm there. Come to think of it, I'd like to try one of everything next time
Old 02-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #115
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 – Pt. 4

We pretty much breezed though the rest of the countries on our quest to get to some food in Mexico. We took a few pictures along the way, but we didn’t actually stop to explore each of the countries.

This was probably my favorite tree in all of Disney World

Japan is definitely on our list of countries to dine at in the future. I think we would love Teppan Edo!

I think FI could have watched this train all day!

Finally - we made it to Mexico!

Alas – my goal of exploring all of WS has still not been met. But I was HUNGRY!!!

Once in Mexico we stopped at the Cantina and both ordered Chilliqules de Pollo, which is just a Mexican tortilla casserole with chicken. We also ordered a mango margarita to share.

Yum! This was so good – probably our favorite CS meal of the week. We had eaten here the previous year and weren’t that impressed but when we saw the menu had changed we decided to give it a second shot and were glad we did! I know this place gets some pretty bad reviews (I’m not sure if that’s based on the old menu or the new one) but I recommend giving it a try if you like Mexican.

By this point our feet were pretty tired and we were ready for some rest and animal viewing at AKL so we made our way to the front of the park.

We of course had to stop for a few more pictures of the tree - this is the angel on top

We hadn't ridden Spaceship Earth yet, so on the way out we had to stop and take a spin in “the ball”.

After traveling back in time and into our future (I wish I’d captured pictures of this!) on Spaceship Earth, we returned to our home away from home, where we found this –

This is why I love Disney – the little touches and the fact that they truly go above and beyond to make your stay magical! Our treat was a congratulations card signed by Mickey and Minnie and a photopass discount card.

We couldn't resist snapping a few more pictures of the animals

Just as the sun set the zebras finally came out - it was the first time we had seen them. We couldn't get a good shot, but thankfully they returned later in the week during the day.

We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing since we had an exciting evening planned...dinner at Le Cellier!

UP NEXT: Will Le Cellier live up to the Hype?

Last edited by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE; 03-19-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #116
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

What pretty pics of the WS!!! Your meal sounds delicious!! And I LOVE the card signed by Minnie & Mickey--how special!!! Your view of the animals is AMAZING!! Can't wait to hear all about Le Cellier!!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #117
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

What a cute gift and photopass discount card Hooray for Disney magic!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 02-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #118
ga disney mom
Earning My Ears

We enjoyed eating in Mexico too. Mexican food is my favorite type of food. We had an interesting vistor when we ate there. Some one left there food unattended at another table and a crane jumped up in the chair and started eating their food. It was pretty funny. Luckly I think were done with their food.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #119
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

That looks WAAAAY better than the meal we had at Mexico! We've avoid it the past few years because our meal was so bad. Maybe we'll have to rethink it!

Super cute pic of the giraffes!!!

What a nice little treat in your room! Every CM we ran into assured us that Aisling would get a "surprise" in our room during her bday trip but we never did. Now if we were staying at AKL...I'm sure she would have! Much better customer service over there

Thanks for all the pics of the countries decorated. Someday I hope to see it in person
Old 02-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #120
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
What pretty pics of the WS!!! Your meal sounds delicious!! And I LOVE the card signed by Minnie & Mickey--how special!!! Your view of the animals is AMAZING!! Can't wait to hear all about Le Cellier!!
Thank you! Our meal was great - it really hit the spot since we were craving Mexican and now I've been craving Chiliquilles ever since

I thought our congratulations card was so sweet! I've seen those types of cards in other people's TRs but I completely forgot about it while I was there. I wasn't expecting it - such a nice surprise

The pictures of the animals really don't do them justice. It was absolutely amazing being that close to them. I have much better pics from later in the week!

Le Cellier should be coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
What a cute gift and photopass discount card Hooray for Disney magic!
We thought the card was just too sweet! Unfortuantley, we didn't order the PP CD but we did take a few photos with the photographer. I still haven't logged on to the website to see them! I need to get on that...

We had so much Disney magic that week - it really solidified for me that Disney is the best place to celebrate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga disney mom View Post
We enjoyed eating in Mexico too. Mexican food is my favorite type of food. We had an interesting vistor when we ate there. Some one left there food unattended at another table and a crane jumped up in the chair and started eating their food. It was pretty funny. Luckly I think were done with their food.
I'm glad someone else liked it! Both of the Mexican places get such terrible reviews here but we like them

at your bird story! There seems to be a lot of those around here. I'm glad he didn't get any of your food, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
That looks WAAAAY better than the meal we had at Mexico! We've avoid it the past few years because our meal was so bad. Maybe we'll have to rethink it!

Super cute pic of the giraffes!!!

What a nice little treat in your room! Every CM we ran into assured us that Aisling would get a "surprise" in our room during her bday trip but we never did. Now if we were staying at AKL...I'm sure she would have! Much better customer service over there

Thanks for all the pics of the countries decorated. Someday I hope to see it in person
I think the Mexico CS has really improved. I can't even remember what we had there in previous years but I know it wasn't good I think its worth a try now

I fell in love with the giraffes - they are such beautiful creatures I have much better pictures of them coming up later in the week!

We were very lucky with treats, towel animals, etc this trip. I don't remember receiving any of those things on our previous trips, so we felt really special How sad that Aisling never got a surprise I hope the mousekeepers make up for it during your next stay and she gets lots of little goodies!

Everything at Disney is just so lovely all dressed up for the holidays I would love to go sometime in December at get the full effect since I'm sure we missed out on some things. It was still beautiful, though!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: