Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #91
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Boo for Beverly being down!
I Know! I really wanted to try it I guess it saved my tastebuds, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Great updates! You take beautiful pictures-- I love the one of the monorail!!
Thank you! I got a nice camera for Christmas so I'm really trying to learn more about photography. I've got a long ways to go though...
Old 02-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #92
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
DAY 2 – Pt. 2
You might notice in the above picture that I was wearing a pedometer. I wore it for the first half of our trip until it met an unfortunate demise at DHS. I was really curious to find out how much we were actually walking - and let's just say, it was A LOT! More on the pedometer later though…
I've always thought it'd be interesting to find out exactly how much I walk in DisneyWorld. Can't wait to hear about the demise of the pedometer!

Quote:
We of course had to stop for pictures of the cars, this one in particular
My DH always has to stop and take pictures here too! I'm always like, "Come on, let's go! "

Quote:
Now, FI LOVES Mission: Space. I however, could do without it. I refuse to ride the orange – more intense version, yet I find the green – less intense kind of boring. I was actually thisclose to riding the orange version during a prior trip but I freaked out just as the door to the simulator was closing and I hopped off at the last minute! Maybe one day I will try orange, but not yet!
Rode the orange one one time! NEVER AGAIN!

Quote:
NEXT UP: A first for us at EPCOT!

Ooohhh--can't wait to know what your "Epcot First" is!!!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #93
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I've always thought it'd be interesting to find out exactly how much I walk in DisneyWorld. Can't wait to hear about the demise of the pedometer!

It was really interesting - and definitely explained the blisters on my feet I wish it had lasted all week, though.

My DH always has to stop and take pictures here too! I'm always like, "Come on, let's go! "

Me too! I can't tell you how many pictures we have of those cars, especially that silver one.

You're braver than I am for sure!
Old 02-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #94
KrazyKat4DIS
Mouseketeer

Great Update!

I was happy to read that you and your FI love EPCOT. This is the park I am most excited to visit. Although, for me, it's because we have Disneyland and so EPCOT will be a whole new thing. Test Trak looked like a lot fun! I am really curious to try the orange side of SE when DBF and I go to WDW. But, I will admit, I am definitely scared. It seems like you have to have the perfect balance of food in the stomach and nerves to make it through!

Do you remember the name of the Mexican soda? (just curious, as we have a lot of Mexican sodas here in Los Angeles)

Can't wait to read more

Disneyland Trips: Too numerous to count

WDW: 1991 (Caribbean Beach Resort); 2012 (Port Orleans French Quarter)

DCL: January 2012 (Disney Dream, 4 day cruise)
Old 02-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #95
ga disney mom
Earning My Ears

I don't like Mission Space either. The Green made me sick so I won't even try the Orange. We like Soarin too. I think it is one of my daughters favorite ride at Epcot.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #96
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat4DIS View Post
Great Update!

I was happy to read that you and your FI love EPCOT. This is the park I am most excited to visit. Although, for me, it's because we have Disneyland and so EPCOT will be a whole new thing. Test Trak looked like a lot fun! I am really curious to try the orange side of SE when DBF and I go to WDW. But, I will admit, I am definitely scared. It seems like you have to have the perfect balance of food in the stomach and nerves to make it through!

Do you remember the name of the Mexican soda? (just curious, as we have a lot of Mexican sodas here in Los Angeles)

Can't wait to read more
Thank you!

EPCOT is great - it's got so much to see and do. We think the rides there are the best in the World, and then of course there's World Showcase with all its shopping and eating! So much fun!

Test Track is such a fun ride - I think it's supposed to be the longest and fastest in wdw It's certainly one of our favorites!

Yeah, I think the "barf bags" on Mission: Space are definitely there for a reason

The soda was named Manzana Lift - it's apple flavored, obviously. It was really tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga disney mom View Post
I don't like Mission Space either. The Green made me sick so I won't even try the Orange. We like Soarin too. I think it is one of my daughters favorite ride at Epcot.
Sounds like no one likes Mission: Space!

Isn't Soarin' great?! It's definitely one of our favorites too...there's something about it that I find so relaxing
Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #97
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Quote:
You're braver than I am for sure!
Braver? I don't know about that....I think it was just plain stupidity on my part!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 02-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #98
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Braver? I don't know about that....I think it was just plain stupidity on my part!
Well at least you can say you've tried it! That's more than most of us here it seems!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #99
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 – Pt. 3

Believe it or not, in all my times at Disney I had never walked through all of World Showcase. I had explored Mexico since we had eaten there a previous year, but that was about it. Yeah, the first country. Sad, I know.

I had been telling FI since our last trip that the next time we were in EPCOT I really wanted to see all of World Showcase.

So after leaving the Land, it was time to walk around WS! We were going to start out in Canada and my plan was to eat at one of the countries close to there since I was getting pretty hungry for lunch.

We stopped to explore Canada and find Le Cellier since we would be eating there that night!

I really enjoyed the Canada pavilion more than I thought I would – it was so charming; the perfect blend of rustic and quaint.

I was surprised to find the phone booths here – I thought they would be in the UK. Either way, we had to get a picture inside! Unfortunately, the glare of the sun foiled our attempts at a great picture, but they’re cute nonetheless.

Next up was the UK – so adorable!

I was lucky enough to vacation in Europe after my high school graduation and one of the countries we visited was England. I felt this pavilion really does a good job at capturing the English atmosphere. Many of the buildings here reminded me of the cute cottages we saw in the English countryside.

I was hoping to eat at the fish and chips shop in the UK, but when I got to it it just wasn’t appealing to me. FI had decided he wanted to eat at the CS place in Mexico which sounded pretty good to me, so we decided to wait. We eat a lot of Mexican food at home and we needed our Mexican fix!

By the time we got to France, I was starving and starting to get lightheaded. Since Mexico was pretty much on the other side of the world, I decided it was time for a snack.

What better place to stop for a snack than the French bakery?! You can’t beat the atmosphere and the pastry I chose – the Napoleon, was delicious! I thought it to be a great use of a snack credit.

FI isn’t much of a snacker, or a sweets eater, but after one bite of my Napoleon he had to have one as well! We both highly recommend this pasty!

It was lovely to sit in the French pavilion enjoying our delicious snack – so peaceful and relaxing!

At this point, we were really wanting that Mexican food, yet it seemed so far away…

UP NEXT: Will we make it to Mexico?

Old 02-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #100
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This looks yummy!

Old 02-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #101
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Wait...stop....YOU'VE NEVER WANDERED AROUND WS???? That's shocking to me! I'm so glad that you actually did it this trip! I have a good guess what your pedometer reading might be as DH and I used to wear them before we brought my DD with us. It's way more walking that you think. For instance, if I asked you to get up tomorrow and walk that distance- you'd probably think I was nuts!

Glad you stopped for a yummy snack. I really need to try and stop in France next time and get a snack. I only stop for the Grey Goose Slushies
Old 02-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #102
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you finally got to explore the World Showcase. It really is beautiful. I'm usually guilty of not really exploring the pavilions...I tend to skim them! On my next trip, I'm determined to spend more time there!

I'm anxious to see if you made it to Mexico. That's one of my favorite CS
Old 02-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #103
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

You've never wandered around the WS?!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 02-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #104
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Next up was the UK – so adorable!
That's my favorite pavilion!

Quote:
Wow, that looks good!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 02-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #105
KrazyKat4DIS
Mouseketeer

OMG - must eat Napoleon now!!! That looks soooo good. Thank goodness it's almost lunch time.

Disneyland Trips: Too numerous to count

WDW: 1991 (Caribbean Beach Resort); 2012 (Port Orleans French Quarter)

DCL: January 2012 (Disney Dream, 4 day cruise)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: