Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #76
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

We LOVE the Princess Breakfast!!! Didnt it feel like you were in a castle? It was a highlight of our trip last year. I think we will do it again in December when we do the regular Dining Plan and not the CS Dining Plan. I also read back (seems like I am behind) and I have heard that about the Chef Mickey's dinner. Most people seem to like the breakfast, but even then, it is just standard food. Can't wait to read more!! I am updating mine in a second OH--forgot---BEST pic of Minnie looking at your ring. It is SO sweet!!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #77
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Oooh--Michelle!! What day?! We have ressies at Akershus on 5/26 for 8:15 am!! You will LOVE eating there!!
You're not going to believe this.....but we're going on the same day!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #78
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
You're not going to believe this.....but we're going on the same day!
NO WAY!!!!! YAY!!! I'm sooooo excited!!! We'll definitely get to meet!!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #79
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
We LOVE the Princess Breakfast!!! Didnt it feel like you were in a castle? It was a highlight of our trip last year. I think we will do it again in December when we do the regular Dining Plan and not the CS Dining Plan. I also read back (seems like I am behind) and I have heard that about the Chef Mickey's dinner. Most people seem to like the breakfast, but even then, it is just standard food. Can't wait to read more!! I am updating mine in a second OH--forgot---BEST pic of Minnie looking at your ring. It is SO sweet!!
We loved it too! And the setting is just beautiful - we definitely felt like royalty

Chef Mickey's was not so great - but I think we made up for it at Akershus the next morning!

And wasn't Minnie adorable?! I just love that picture

I'm going to check your update out now!

Becky and Michelle - how exciting that you'll be at Akershus at the same time!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #80
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post

Becky and Michelle - how exciting that you'll be at Akershus at the same time!!!
Isn't that fun?

Can't wait to hear more details of your day in Epcot!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 01-31-2010, 06:46 PM   #81
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Isn't that fun?

Can't wait to hear more details of your day in Epcot!
More EPCOT is coming up tonight!
Old 01-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #82
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 – Pt. 2
After filling our bellies and falling for princesses, we were ready for some EPCOT thrills!

Before heading over to Future World we stopped to admire and capture some pictures of EPCOT’s Christmas Tree.

And have our picture taken with Spaceship Earth! Or as I like to call it, "the ball"

You might notice in the above picture that I was wearing a pedometer. I wore it for the first half of our trip until it met an unfortunate demise at DHS. I was really curious to find out how much we were actually walking - and let's just say, it was A LOT! More on the pedometer later though…

It's time for Future World!
EPCOT is probably our favorite park. I say probably because it’s still hard for me to admit that it has surpassed MK in my mind. I love the MK atmosphere the best, but we far enjoy the rides at EPCOT more.

Being that we were in the park right as it opened we were hoping to get lots accomplished and ride our favorites multiple times. Our first stop was...

Test Track! Unfortunately though, it was closed temporarily

We decided to head over to Soarin’ instead – although we certainly weren’t disappointed – Soarin’ is one of our absolute favorites in the World! We just love everything about it – the sights, the smells, the cute little video they show at the beginning…
I also love the land pavilion – it has this certain smell, and my memory is closely tied to my sense of smell so walking into the land brings back great memories! Plus its so bright and airy - we love it in there!

Soarin’ of course, did not disappoint. We grabbed a fastpass for later and wondered back to the front of the park. Thankfully, Test Track was up and running!

We of course had to stop for pictures of the cars, this one in particular

Next up was Mission: Space.

Now, FI LOVES Mission: Space. I however, could do without it. I refuse to ride the orange – more intense version, yet I find the green – less intense kind of boring. I was actually thisclose to riding the orange version during a prior trip but I freaked out just as the door to the simulator was closing and I hopped off at the last minute! Maybe one day I will try orange, but not yet!

We both took a ride on the green version and then I waited for FI to ride the orange version. I took some scenery pictures while I waited.

After Mission: Space we briefly walked though Innoventions – my first time inside! However, we didn’t stay for long. I found it to be obnoxiously loud in there.

We also made a run through Club Cool and I discovered I really liked the Mexico soda offering. FI, being from Mexico, was really happy it was available since it was a favorite of his back home.

Believe it or not, I actually wanted to try the Beverly to see what it’s all about, but it wasn’t working that day

Next up it was back to the land for another flight on Soarin’ and a ride though Living with the Land – I always find this little boat ride to be so interesting! FI is thrill ride kind of guy but he loves this ride as well!

NEXT UP: A first for us at EPCOT!

Old 01-31-2010, 07:20 PM   #83
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Jumping onboard! Congratulations on the engagement!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 01-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #84
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

You got some great pics of Epcot. The amount of sun is so deceiving...then you notice your COATS.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:44 PM   #85
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I'm with you on Mission: Space. I think the green is a little bit boring, and I kind of wonder what the orange is like because that is how it was supposed to be experienced, but I'm just not brave enough. I told my BF when we go in May we could maybe try, but the thought of being sick all day just doesn't really appeal to me!

I'm anxious to hear how the rest of your day went
Old 01-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #86
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Great update! I won't even get on Mission Space so you impressed me! I'm too claustrophobic!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:45 PM   #87
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

We were SOOOO bummed that Test Track was closed??!! They said nothing about it online before we got there. My DD was looking forward to it being one of her first big rides. Lets hope they dont close it again!!

I LOVE the pedometer idea!! I am so anxious to find out how much we walk...please let us know soon

Girl, I can not even LOOK at Mission Space. I am impressed you even get on the "wimpy" ride

Great update--can't wait for more!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #88
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Jumping onboard! Congratulations on the engagement!

Denise
and thank you!!! Glad to have you reading along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
You got some great pics of Epcot. The amount of sun is so deceiving...then you notice your COATS.
I know, right?! You would never know we were absolutely freezing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
I'm with you on Mission: Space. I think the green is a little bit boring, and I kind of wonder what the orange is like because that is how it was supposed to be experienced, but I'm just not brave enough. I told my BF when we go in May we could maybe try, but the thought of being sick all day just doesn't really appeal to me!

I'm anxious to hear how the rest of your day went
FI keeps telling me the orange one isn't that bad but I've read so many negative things about it that I just can't bring myself to do it. I keep telling myself...one day...but yeah, that day hasn't come

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Great update! I won't even get on Mission Space so you impressed me! I'm too claustrophobic!
Thanks Becky! I'm not claustrophobic but I certainly feel like it on Mission: Space! It's so closed in and uncomfortable. You're definitely not missing much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
We were SOOOO bummed that Test Track was closed??!! They said nothing about it online before we got there. My DD was looking forward to it being one of her first big rides. Lets hope they dont close it again!!

I LOVE the pedometer idea!! I am so anxious to find out how much we walk...please let us know soon

Girl, I can not even LOOK at Mission Space. I am impressed you even get on the "wimpy" ride

Great update--can't wait for more!
Oh, no! Was Test Track closed for you all week? It was only closed momentarily for us and then it was back up and running. It was working later on in the week for us too

I was so excited to wear the pedometer Unfortunately it fell off at DHS and broke so I only got a count for three days, really. Still, it was pretty interesting to see. I'm going to reveal the miles in a later post!

I am SO glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like Mission: Space. I think it was the review in the Ultimate Guide that first scared me away from it. And then when you're waiting to board they mention over and over again about making sure you really want to do it because "It's not for everyone". Ugh! It makes me so nervous every time, even though I know what to expect!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #89
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Boo for Beverly being down!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 02-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #90
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great updates! You take beautiful pictures-- I love the one of the monorail!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: