Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #541
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Just catching up now! Great report and congrats on your engagement! I know EXACTLY what you mean by associating smells and I have the SAME thing with the Land pavilion. Sometimes I'll smell something similar and say "oh my gosh, this smells like the Land pavilion!" There's a particular men's cologne (still not sure of it's name), but for as long as I can remember I always associate it with Thunder Mountain because when I was about 5 years old, we were standing in line behind someone with that cologne and it always flashes me back to Thunder Mountain!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #542
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Just catching up now! Great report and congrats on your engagement! I know EXACTLY what you mean by associating smells and I have the SAME thing with the Land pavilion. Sometimes I'll smell something similar and say "oh my gosh, this smells like the Land pavilion!" There's a particular men's cologne (still not sure of it's name), but for as long as I can remember I always associate it with Thunder Mountain because when I was about 5 years old, we were standing in line behind someone with that cologne and it always flashes me back to Thunder Mountain!!!
Thank you! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with the smell memory! I think the Land pavilion has the most predominate smell. And how funny about the cologne at BTMRR!

I see in your ticker you doing a honeymoon at DL soon?! Congrats! I've started a PTR for our honeymoon at Disney (world, that is). You should come check it out! I would love to hear about your hm plans!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #543
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Thank you! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with the smell memory! I think the Land pavilion has the most predominate smell. And how funny about the cologne at BTMRR!

I see in your ticker you doing a honeymoon at DL soon?! Congrats! I've started a PTR for our honeymoon at Disney (world, that is). You should come check it out! I would love to hear about your hm plans!
Just finished your report and I LOVED it! Sorry you had to deal with the cold, but you certainly made the most of it. Yep, our honeymoon is coming right up! As excited as I am about it, it's been hard to focus on that right now with all the last minute wedding stuff to wrap up - we are getting married this Saturday (July 3rd!) . I have never been to Disneyland but consider WDW my second home, so it should be interesting to experience Disneyland. I am heading over to your PTR now... talk to you soon!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #544
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just finished your report and I LOVED it! Sorry you had to deal with the cold, but you certainly made the most of it. Yep, our honeymoon is coming right up! As excited as I am about it, it's been hard to focus on that right now with all the last minute wedding stuff to wrap up - we are getting married this Saturday (July 3rd!) . I have never been to Disneyland but consider WDW my second home, so it should be interesting to experience Disneyland. I am heading over to your PTR now... talk to you soon!!!
Thank you so much for reading! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it! And yay for getting married this Saturday! I can't wait to hear what you think about DL - I've never been either and I know very little about it. I would love to go someday, though!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #545
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much for reading! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it! And yay for getting married this Saturday! I can't wait to hear what you think about DL - I've never been either and I know very little about it. I would love to go someday, though!
I can barely believe it's Saturday! Before you know it, you'll be saying the same thing and I'll be getting ready for my 1 year anniversary! I will be writing up a trip report of the honeymoon so you'll have to check it out! Happy planning!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #546
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can barely believe it's Saturday! Before you know it, you'll be saying the same thing and I'll be getting ready for my 1 year anniversary! I will be writing up a trip report of the honeymoon so you'll have to check it out! Happy planning!!!
I will definitely be following along with your TR! I hope this Saturday is everything you hoped for!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #547
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will definitely be following along with your TR! I hope this Saturday is everything you hoped for!
Thank you so much!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #548
RDP
DIS Veteran

We've really enjoyed reading your engagement TR and your Disneymoon pre- TR. It all sounds wonderful. Keep it coming.
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

Old 07-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #549
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
We've really enjoyed reading your engagement TR and your Disneymoon pre- TR. It all sounds wonderful. Keep it coming.
Thank you! I hope you'll come over and say hi on the PTR!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #550
Leeanne
Loving Life as a Princess with my Prince Charming

Quote:

So there you have it folks, the story of our engagement celebration – the trip to commemorate the “start” of our lives together.

And it of course seems fitting, that since you’ve helped me celebrate…

I invite you to join me in PLANNING OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER – OUR DISNEYMOON!
Aww I love that you are going to have a Disneymoon! I have loved your trip review and I am heading over now to join your PTR!!!

1989-one day MK; 2007-CR; 2009-10 days-ASMo-promise ring in front of castle prior Wishes; 2010-11 days-POP-Engagement on Poly Beach during Wishes/EWP; 2011-15 days-CSR-Disneymoon!!; 2013-14 days-POP
Old 07-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #551
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeanne View Post
Aww I love that you are going to have a Disneymoon! I have loved your trip review and I am heading over now to join your PTR!!!
Thanks, Leeanne! I'm glad you'll be joining in for the PTR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: