Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #151
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

That is too cute!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 02-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #152
klacey1
DIS Veteran

LOVE your new engagement! Must have been hard to choose between your two men-- Goofy is certainly tall, dark, and handsome!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #153
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I love the new engagement story. These are the things that people don't get when they say Disney is just for kids!!!! Your hubby-to-be got some really cute shots of you!!! I'm never in any pictures

Is that a Vera hipster you are sporting? I just got one on clearance at Hallmark and I'm thinking about switching it out with my Baggallini for May. Does it hurt your back after awhile if it's full?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #154
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

Only at Disney can special moments be made like that one!!!!! That was so great! Hey so when are you and Goofy getting married huh? You better go back there and ask him!

Too cute!

By the way how was your Valentines????
Old 02-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #155
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Oh Courtney!! I just LOVE your pics at Tusker House and the Goofy proposal story is priceless!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #156
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Great update!

That picture of Pooh is one of the cutest things ever!

Looks like you had a blast at breakfast!
Thanks! Isn't Pooh just the cutest?! Love him

Breakfast was TONS of fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
What an awesome "engagement" story! I keep going back and forth about whether to try for a breakfast ADR there in November, but now I'm definitely going for it!
We loved the Tusker House breakfast - I can't say enough positive things about it. I've heard that the character interaction there isn't that great, but obviously that wasn't the case for us. I think that really just depends on the day, you know? But food wise I think it's an excellent choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
That is too cute!
It was such a cute moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
LOVE your new engagement! Must have been hard to choose between your two men-- Goofy is certainly tall, dark, and handsome!
Haha! You're too funny! Yeah, Goofy is quite the catch, I'm sure. However, I prefer men of the human variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I love the new engagement story. These are the things that people don't get when they say Disney is just for kids!!!! Your hubby-to-be got some really cute shots of you!!! I'm never in any pictures

Is that a Vera hipster you are sporting? I just got one on clearance at Hallmark and I'm thinking about switching it out with my Baggallini for May. Does it hurt your back after awhile if it's full?
In my opinion, Disney is just as fun for adults as it is for kids. I've been going there my entire life practically and I can honestly say I have just as much fun now as I did as a teenager, a pre-teen, a young child, etc.

FI really took command of the camera this trip - which I was surprised about! Normally I'm the one behind the lens. On our past trips we have way more photos of him than of me. But he got some great shots, I think. :

That is a VB hipster! It was actually the first vera bag I bought, partly because I had seen so many here on people's trip reports and partly because I got an awesome deal on it. I LOVE it! It's a wonderful park bag. It never gave me any issues and I was able to carry lots in it - even my bulky camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
Only at Disney can special moments be made like that one!!!!! That was so great! Hey so when are you and Goofy getting married huh? You better go back there and ask him!

Too cute!

By the way how was your Valentines????
Unfortunately I had to turn Goofy down He was a little too late.

My Valentine's was great! We had a pretty low-key evening here at home which was nice. Thanks for asking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Oh Courtney!! I just LOVE your pics at Tusker House and the Goofy proposal story is priceless!!!
We had so much fun at TH! It's definitely a meal I'll never forget!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #157
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Great update! I think the characters at Animal Kingdom are so much cuter than when they're at the other parks, because they're in their safari gear. Love them!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #158
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
Great update! I think the characters at Animal Kingdom are so much cuter than when they're at the other parks, because they're in their safari gear. Love them!
I completely agree! I love seeing the characters dressed up - it just makes them that much more adorable!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #159
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Aw, Courtney, that's such a cute story, and so glad you got lots of pictures of the "proposal"!

We ate breakfast at Tusker House last May---loved that juice!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 02-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #160
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

What an adorable moment with Goofy!!!! I love those moments

I saw the Winnie the Pooh characters from the bridge too!! My daughter asked to go see them, but I thought it was part of Tusker House or a private party or something We ended up following the Winnie the Pooh trail and getting to meet them!! I LOVE LOVE The pic of Winnie waving to you! You had SUCH a great day at AK with the characters!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #161
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

That's such a cute story! I love when the characters play along!

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 02-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #162
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

OK! all caught up!
I really thought I made a comment around page 7 about WS and the beautiful tree...
I really need to remember the trains for Ashton and Danny, looks like a fun but quick trip through WS...the food at San Angel looks delish, I have heard so many things. You are one brave cookie doing Mission Space (I may try the green version this year--I chickened out last year).

The extra touches for your engagement was awesome! and just that extra spark of magic, that makes it all worth it.

I have ressies for LeCellier but we are going to cancel it will just have to wait until our next visit...now that we have our entire group going.

I can't wait to take Ashton to Donald's safari bfast, I just wish Minnie was there. AND that was just too cute and special that you have become engaged to Goofy

Connie
Old 02-23-2010, 08:20 AM   #163
ga disney mom
Earning My Ears

Too cute, your Goofy proposal was. We have never eaten at Tusker House, but I may try it next time we go.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #164
pocahontasgal87
~Disney Geek~

lovely pics i may suggest tusker house for breakfast to my parents when we go on our trip in may=]

Oct 1994(offsite) Oct 1996(offsite) Oct 1999(offsite) Oct 2002(offsite) Oct 2005(POR)
Sept 2008(CSR) May 2010(CBR) Sept 2012 (POR)

Sept 2014 we will be back at Caribbean Beach Resort!!
Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #165
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Aw, Courtney, that's such a cute story, and so glad you got lots of pictures of the "proposal"!

We ate breakfast at Tusker House last May---loved that juice!
It's definitely a moment I won't forget!

Wasn't that juice tasty? I could go for some now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
What an adorable moment with Goofy!!!! I love those moments

I saw the Winnie the Pooh characters from the bridge too!! My daughter asked to go see them, but I thought it was part of Tusker House or a private party or something We ended up following the Winnie the Pooh trail and getting to meet them!! I LOVE LOVE The pic of Winnie waving to you! You had SUCH a great day at AK with the characters!
That picture of Pooh waving is one of my absolute favorites from the trip! It was such a nice surprise looking down and seeing him waving to us!
I so wish we had of actually gone down to meet Pooh I was sad we didn't get to eat with him this time. Ah well, next time I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
That's such a cute story! I love when the characters play along!
Thanks! It definitely makes character interactions special when they really get into it! Luckily we had a lot of that this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
OK! all caught up!
I really thought I made a comment around page 7 about WS and the beautiful tree...
I really need to remember the trains for Ashton and Danny, looks like a fun but quick trip through WS...the food at San Angel looks delish, I have heard so many things. You are one brave cookie doing Mission Space (I may try the green version this year--I chickened out last year).

The extra touches for your engagement was awesome! and just that extra spark of magic, that makes it all worth it.

I have ressies for LeCellier but we are going to cancel it will just have to wait until our next visit...now that we have our entire group going.

I can't wait to take Ashton to Donald's safari bfast, I just wish Minnie was there. AND that was just too cute and special that you have become engaged to Goofy

Connie
The food at the cantina was SO good! I was not expecting it to be my favorite CS of the trip but it was!

At Mission Space! The green really isn't that bad. If you're at all claustrophobic I wouldn't recommend it since its a teeny tiny little space but "thrill" wise - it's not too thrilling. Now the Orange - I am not brave enough for that!

We had so many wonderful surprises for our engagement! I was blown away by how they went above and beyond at the hotel, the
restaurants...everything was just magical.

Oh, Im sad you have to cancel Le Cellier - but at least you get something to look forward to for the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga disney mom View Post
Too cute, your Goofy proposal was. We have never eaten at Tusker House, but I may try it next time we go.
Definitely try Tusker House! Both the breakfast and the lunch there were great! There's no characters at lunch but food wise I think it's an excellent choice anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontasgal87 View Post
lovely pics i may suggest tusker house for breakfast to my parents when we go on our trip in may=]
Thank you! You must suggest TH - it was SO yummy and lots of fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: