Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #136
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Yay!! Le Cellier sounds like my DH would love it He loves mushrooms and steak! haha

How nice of your waitress to sign a card for you? I love those special touches! Can't wait for the engagement post
Old 02-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #137
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

YAY!! Can't wait to hear about the proposal!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #138
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed Le Cellier! That's actually the one reservation we are repeating on our May trip. I'm excited for the next update

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 02-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #139
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Le Cellier sounds delicious... we've never been but it's on our dream list of ADRs.

Can't wait to read what's coming next!
Old 02-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #140
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
AKL is awesome with the towel animal thing. On Aisling's first trip there, they made her DOLL from towels. Then she came back and knocked on the door to make sure that Aisling knew she could keep it and take it home. She still has it!
Here is the towel doll

Wow...I think you are the only other person I "know" who hasn't fallen in love with the cheddar cheese soup. I thought it was ok but nothing special. Now the cream cheese mashed potatoes are right up my alley!

What a good CM you got on ADR line. They really vary and it's so nice to get a good one

Excited for another proposal
Old 02-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #141
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Mmmm...your meal sounded so good! I'm hoping to snag a lunch ADR for Le Cellier when my ADR date hits.

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 02-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #142
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY!! I cannot WAIT to eat at Le Cellier! The food sounds sooo good! I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal!! Can't wait to hear about the proposal!!!!
You're going to love it! If you like steak, you must get the mushroom filet - it was SO good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Yay!! Le Cellier sounds like my DH would love it He loves mushrooms and steak! haha

How nice of your waitress to sign a card for you? I love those special touches! Can't wait for the engagement post
Oh, yeah, if he's a mushroom and a steak fan he'll definitely love Le Cellier! That steak is wonderful!

I was completely surprised by the card Our waitress actually didn't even notice my pin until pretty late in our meal. She got that card put together really fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
YAY!! Can't wait to hear about the proposal!
Should be coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
Glad you enjoyed Le Cellier! That's actually the one reservation we are repeating on our May trip. I'm excited for the next update
We definitely enjoyed Le Cellier! I am SO glad we were able to get an ADR here so we could experience it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Le Cellier sounds delicious... we've never been but it's on our dream list of ADRs.

Can't wait to read what's coming next!
I hope you get to make it to Le Cellier soon! It's definitely worth a visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Here is the towel doll

Wow...I think you are the only other person I "know" who hasn't fallen in love with the cheddar cheese soup. I thought it was ok but nothing special. Now the cream cheese mashed potatoes are right up my alley!

What a good CM you got on ADR line. They really vary and it's so nice to get a good one

Excited for another proposal
What a cute doll! I bet Aisling just loved it!

I'm so glad to hear I wasn't the only one who wasn't gaga about the soup. I think the reason I wasn't blown away is because it is SO hyped here. I was expecting it to be the best thing I ever tasted.

I think the CMs you get when you call to make your reservations (both hotel and restaurant) really set the tone for the trip. Especially when you're calling to make ADRs...that's such a special day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Mmmm...your meal sounded so good! I'm hoping to snag a lunch ADR for Le Cellier when my ADR date hits.

Denise
I sure hope you're able to get an ADR!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #143
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a terrific meal at Le Cellier-- can't wait to hear how he popped the question!!

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
Old 02-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #144
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Ah, I loooove Le Cellier! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. That filet is to die for!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:35 AM   #145
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Glad you had a terrific meal at Le Cellier-- can't wait to hear how he popped the question!!
Our meal at Le Cellier was just wonderful! Goofy's proposal should be coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
Ah, I loooove Le Cellier! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. That filet is to die for!!!
That steak was so good!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #146
KrazyKat4DIS
Mouseketeer

Great Update!!!

Looking forward to the proposal!

Disneyland Trips: Too numerous to count

WDW: 1991 (Caribbean Beach Resort); 2012 (Port Orleans French Quarter)

DCL: January 2012 (Disney Dream, 4 day cruise)
Old 02-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #147
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat4DIS View Post
Great Update!!!

Looking forward to the proposal!
Thanks! Goofy's proposal is coming up now!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #148
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – Pt. 1

Today we were headed to AK! FI was super excited for this day because he LOVES Expedition Everest. I was super excited because we had yet another character meal (we love our characters!) Today we had a 10:00 ADR at the Tusker House for Donald’s Safari Breakfast.

We left AKL around 8:50 (it was nice being so close to the AK) I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to ride Expedition Everest before hand! So we headed out to the Animal Kingdom!

We of course had to stop and take some pictures with the AK Christmas tree!

As soon as we got into the park, we knew exactly where we were headed – Asia of course! We needed to take a trip to Mount Everest before we could join Donald and friends for breakfast!

Of course, on the way there we had to stop for MORE pictures with a DIFFERENT tree – the tree of life!

After having our picture taken, one of my favorite “little” moments of the trip occurred. We were looking over the bridge that overlooks the character landing spot and we just so happened to see…

POOH!!!

He was just hanging out there, waiting to start his day when he spotted us and leaned over the railing and waved. Pooh is my absolute favorite!

After our special hello from Pooh, we were on our way to Expedition Everest!

We absolutely love this ride – definitely one of our favorites! Believe it or not, I hate roller coasters, but for some reason, I love EE! We were able to ride once in the standby line and then we grabbed fastpasses for after breakfast.

So after our exhillerating ride into the Himalayas, we decided it was time to head on over to Africa. We had a date with Donald and friends at his Safari breakfast!

I have eaten at Tusker House many times – mostly back when it was a counter service and then once on mine and FI’s previous trip for lunch. This was my first time for breakfast though. We really enjoyed the selection and variety that was offered for lunch so we had pretty high hopes (food wise) for the breakfast.

After checking in we had to wait about 10 minutes before we were lead to have our picture taken with Donald. In the meantime, FI decided to play photographer.

Soon enough, we were able to meet Donald! He was so cute dressed in his safari gear. Right before we stepped up to have our picture made we even caught him dancing a jig. I wish I had captured a picture of it!

I think our picture with Mr. Duck came out really well!

We left Donald and were lead into the dining room and quickly enough our waiter came by and poured us some of the special juice. It’s a tropical blend of various different juices and it was really good!

We then made our way to the buffet. In my opinion this buffet has the best selection – there are so many yummy items to choose from, both standard and those with a slight African twist. Some of the things we chowed down on were quiche, roasted potatoes, pasteries, mickey waffles, sausage, and lots of other tasty items.

Pretty soon, the characters started coming around! First was Daisy.

Then Mickey came around

And then probably my favorite character interaction occurred when Goofy stopped by (you can probably guess what it is by the title of this TR)

When Goofy noticed my just engaged pin, he made quite a fuss! First, he closely examined the ring, shielding his eyes as if it was blinding him. Then he lead me out into the center of the room, pretended to slide my ring off of my finger and tossed it away. Then, he knelt down on one knee and pretended to propose!

It was such a cute moment – one that I certainly won’t forget!

After the characters had made their rounds we watched as Mickey lead the kids around the restaurant, dancing and playing instruments. We paid, and then made our way to our next destination…Kilamanjaro safari!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #149
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Great update!

That picture of Pooh is one of the cutest things ever!

Looks like you had a blast at breakfast!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #150
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

What an awesome "engagement" story! I keep going back and forth about whether to try for a breakfast ADR there in November, but now I'm definitely going for it!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: