Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
amf1016
Earning My Ears

Just back from most magical trip ever!

We were at the world June 22-July 1 and this was the best trip yet!!! With a combination between touring plans and tour guide Mike, we never waited more than 10 minutes for anything. The transportation system worked perfect for us. We never waited for more than 5 minutes for a bus or boat the entire 9 days. The weather cooperated also - the only rain we had was the last night and we were at the hotel packing so it didn't mess up any of our plans. It was hot but I never broke a sweat. Maybe the 100+ temperatures we had in Texas before we left got me ready for the heat. We stayed at BWI CL and that made the trip even more wonderful. Having the lounge and able to get a snack whenever we needed one was perfect for our family. We ate a sit down lunch everyday and had a few dinners throughout our stay and that was plenty for all 5 of us. We do not do the dining plan - too much food for us.
Overall, I think summer is a great time to go. We had been before in October, February, September and May and we loved that there was SO much going on.
We are very sad to be back but so happy the trip ran so smoothly.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Thats great, sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Love to see happy magical reviews.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
yooperfamily
Mouseketeer

that is awesome! how do you not wait more than 10 min for anything??? do you have to do a lot more walking and back tracking??? i used to have a membership to touring plans, it expired in may - but i never used it! we are going back in sept though, maybe i should renew!!

Old 07-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you a great time! I'm curious, too, about never waiting more than 10 minutes for anything. We used our FPs and rider swap pretty well -- but sometimes we had to wait (due to time allowed before getting another FP -- or an attraction that doesn't have FP, etc.).
Old 07-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Thanks, I love reading good reviews.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Old 07-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
Jen0504
Mouseketeer

So glad that you had a wonderful trip!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
amandals2007
DIS Veteran

yes please explain about you never waited more than 10 minutes. i have heard about tour guide mike, but i dont know exactly what it is. is it something you pay for a head of time? we are going aug 10-16 and have gone 15 times before this, but have never tried this. do you think its worth it? please explain
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**
Old 07-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #8
amf1016
Earning My Ears

Tour Guide Mike (advertised on this site) and touring plans are internet services that you do pay for. They give sample touring plans for different needs, such as magic kingdom with small children, or a different plan with older children who will want to ride the thrill rides.
I will say, for me, the key is getting up and getting to the parks EARLY. We were usually in the front of the mob which enabled us to get to Toy Story Mania and get on within 5 minutes. Same with Dumbo at the Magic Kingdom. I also use fastpass as much as possible. I am usually the fastpass runner and will have my family ride something while I go get fastpasses. As soon as the fastpass time arrives, I go get a fastpass for something else.
Hope this helps!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
ReelRedHead
Mouseketeer

That is wonderful! We just got back 1 week ago. We had a similar experience. We did not wait longer than 10 minutes for anything. No TGM or Touring Plans, I think that is a waste of money. We get there at RD and ride, ride, ride! So fun!

Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #10
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

I really would like to know how you only had rain once in your 9 days. You must have really lucked out because that is nearly impossible during the summer. You must have timed your trips out perfect.. and missed the rains each time you went out... never mind your tips on the 5 & 10 minute waits, please tell me how you managed to not get rained on but once...
Old 07-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #11
maroo
DIS Veteran

We had great luck with the rains in early Sept, too. It rained every day, but it was during our afternoon break every single time!

We got to the parks early and left each time around 1 or 2 - and returned in the evening - and avoided all of the rain showers! So it is possible to completely avoid the rain.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #12
Quin
DIS Veteran

I can vouch for the rain magic. We were there 6/20 - 6/30. Nasty thunderstorm 6/20; after that it threatened every afternoon and we occasionally felt a few drops but had never any serious rain. Hot as blazes the first week but I understand half the country had that problem too.

I don't know whether it was a combination of the heat and the Harry Potter opening, but I also thought the crowds were surprisingly light. Rope drop, FP, and late night EMH are still your friends for the most popular rides (TSM, Soarin', Peter Pan). After midnight in the MK on EMH nights we could walk on every single ride in the park, and the temps were lovely and cool by then. But the rest of the time, most attractions in all the parks were a very reasonable wait.

I was concerned with transport because we did not have a car, but found very few waits. I think the biggest problem was caused by a few VERY large tour groups, who needed 3+ busses just to transport their group. One night when a park closed (regular time, not EMH) we were on the 6th bus back to our resort - but Disney had anticipated the problem and was loading 3 busses at a time, with more waiting in the wings. So it was all good!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #13
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

I'm going to move this to our trip report board.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #14
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran

Good to know! Thanks for the report! I had never considered going in the summer before, but as dd gets older, I suppose taking her out of school may become a concern. Good to know it is do-able!
5/97 CR Tower-8/98 CR-10/99 GF-9/2000 CR-9/01 CR (got engaged!-9/02 CR/Married at Wedding Pavilion-9/03 CR-9/04 GF/CR-9/05 WL-1/06 CR-9/06 OKW-2/07 CR (got upgraded to Concierge!)-9/07 CR-9/08 Poly-11/2009 Poly-9/2010 Poly-8/11 Poly-8/2012 CSR-8/13 Poly
Me dh dd ddog

Old 07-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #15
amandals2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtobrynncess View Post
Good to know! Thanks for the report! I had never considered going in the summer before, but as dd gets older, I suppose taking her out of school may become a concern. Good to know it is do-able!
I am going to be a senior in college this fall, and my parents stopped taking me out of school after they took me out in 7th grade because teachers started giving me a hard time of making up work, and because i had a lot to do and it ruined the idea of vacation and not having any worries. I missed 3 days of school for a trip junior and senior year of HS around christmas, and i had a ton of work to do in just three days of missing class. I am glad I never missed more than than and that we always went in the summer. I do not mind the summer, i do not think its unbearably hot. Of course its hot, but you go from ride to ride and most rides are air conditioned so you get a relief from the heat. I just know personally, as a hard working student, i was glad my parents stopped taking me out of school to go.
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: