Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
Red_Rider
Mouseketeer

Favorite Souvenir

I was curious to know everyone's favorite souvenir from Disney World. I would love to hear the story behind everyone's favorite.

Mine is a personalized glass Mickey head ornament that my wife and I got back in 2000 on our Honeymoon. Because we have two little boys, unfortunately it hasn't been taken out of storage for the last four years..... hopefully in a couple of years we can take it back out once the kids stop playing with the Christmas Tree......
2004 – Coronado Springs
2005 – Disneyland
2010 - All Star Movies
Red_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
lucysdad
You've touched my heart
Finds the Transit Authority very relaxing

After all the hundreds of dollars we've spent on Disney souvenirs, my favorite is one that was actually pretty cheap (sorry, I mean inexpensive). It's our 3-D monorail refrigerator magnet. You push the button and it says "Please hold on to the handrail." Push it again and it says, "Please stay clear of the doors." Push it one more time and it says (well it says please stay clear of the doors in Spanish). Por favor, etc.

Everytime I push that button I swear I feel a blast of air-conditioned Disney nostalgia.

Also, being a writer, even though I use my computer these days, I collect pens, and all my Disney pens are special. Even the ones I steal from the Mousekeepers' carts. Yes, that was me, and I'll do it again.

For my wife, it's the Mickey-head soaps. Yes, I've grabbed a bar or two from the carts as well. It's for the Mrs., you understand.

My 11-yo daughter says its any and all stuffed animals she's accumulated. And, boy do I wish the Mousekeepers had those on their carts.

lucysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

My favorite is the Goofy drawing from the Art of Animation (?) - I think that was the name of it. Anyway, it is at DHS and we went to the class that teaches you how to draw a character. Our character was Goofy - the best part was after, the Animator asked a trivia question and I answered it correctly, so I won the Animator's version of the drawing as well.

Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
tinkbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
Nadjalu
DIS Veteran

By far it is my pictures but I don't really count those.......

So if I had to pick it is a "gel" cup that you can freeze. I love it.
Next would have to be my authentic Mickey shirt. Love them too!
Old 01-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Mine would have to be my Dream Fast Pass that I got in August 2007 at Hollywood Studios when it was still called MGM Studios before getting on the Backlot Tour. Personally since I had seen their major attractions I decded not to use it and keep the ride tabs on there, so the pass will always stay in mint condition.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
coconutprincess
DIS Veteran

tinkerbelle ornament. I also love my Winnie the Pooh clock. I got it 15 years ago and it still looks fantastic! I had a hard time getting it through airport security then, I can only imagine what I'd have to do now!

Trips:
Grand Floridian (1980's) - Swan (1993)- Radisson Resort Parkway Band/Majorette Trip (1995) - Radisson Resort Parkway Band/Majorette Trip (1997) - Embassy Suites(1997) - OKW (2000) - Carribbean Beach (2001) - POR (2006) - POR (2009) - POR (2010) - WL (2011) - WL (2013)
coconutprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
humboldthny
DIS Veteran

Our family favorite is the Tinkerbell pin that dd traded for...that in turn led us into a conversation with the CM and our being chosen to be Grand Marshals in the 3pm parade...talk about fantastic memories!! We also have a certificate and personalized ears from that day!
humboldthny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #8
Dervis
Mouseketeer

Mine would have to be my autographed picture of the power rangers and myself. The Rangers were my heroes growing up, and I love that they're still going today. I've kept up with them ever since I was 5. What can I say? Anyway, I went to get my picture with them on my last trip, and since I went for rope drop, it was a sparse crowd. Rather than split up, they all stayed as a group, so I got to pose with them all at once! I was wearing my Power Ranger t-shirt, and I brough my original Power Morpher, so they all gave me special attention. Afterwords, I went to the photopass people, and printed up an 8x10 of the picture, and had them all autograph it on my last day!

I'm 21, obsessing over a kid's show, but yeah...it was soooo cool!
2004 - Shades of Green
2004/5 (New Years!) - Shades of Green
2007 (Senior Trip!) - All Star Sports
2007/8 (New Years!) - Shades of Green
2009/10 - SoG
Dervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #9
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

What about this little beauty:

It's a replacement for the one I got last year that died in the dishwasher. This one only get handwashing, thank you very much!

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic

Last edited by mmeb144; 01-16-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: I want a picture, not a link!
mmeb144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #10
mousireid
It still haunts me to this day....what I did for a Klondike bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
What about this little beauty:

It's a replacement for the one I got last year that died in the dishwasher. This one only get handwashing, thank you very much!
Love it! No one would dare touch MY coffee! LOL!
mousireid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #11
ready4mouse
Mouseketeer

Mine is my Donald Duck medal that I received when I crossed the finish line of the 1/2 marathon last year- something I never thought I'd do!

My kids love their pin collections the best...
ready4mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #12
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Mine is my Tink light up pin that I bought on our first trip. It cost me a whole $5.00 and I take very good care of it. I get a lot of compliments on it too - I wear it on every trip at night.

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #13
We_love_WDW
DIS Veteran

My Cinderella Castle blanket/throw and the castle has the lights on it...I bought it at the MVMCP
Old 01-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #14
flamingglobessigmund
DIS Veteran

Mine would be a tie between all the little inexpensive charms for my charm bracelet and the poster I bought during the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival last year.

The poster artist was in a booth next to where I bought the poster. My husband saw her and directed me to her. She signed the poster and we posed for a picture. I look like a deer caught in the headlights because I didn't expect to meet the artist. The fact that she took the time to go with me to the booth next door, get my poster out of the resort delivery, and sign it, touched my heart.

I had a pretty rough encounter with guest services earlier that day at Epcot, and her warmth and enthusiasm helped to mend my emotions.

"It's just as you prophesied! The planets of our solar
system, incinerating. Like flaming globes, Sigmund.
Like flaming globes. Ah, ha, ha, ha..".~~Seinfeld
Me DH DD DS
AKL Club Level Jan 2011

flamingglobessigmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #15
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have a Disney table in our entry that has a photograph from each of the 3 Disney parks' Tower of Terror drops. On that table, I also have a crystal Mickey from each of the 3 parks. My WDW one is Mickey sitting on a stack of movie reels.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: