Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
seasideteacher
Mouseketeer

Food pictures from disney world; what more needs to be said? :D

Well we leave for Disney in two weeks, and instead of a pre trip report, I thought I would put up a bunch of pictures from our trip in may that I never got to. And what pictures are the most interesting? FOOD! if you want to look at my pre-trip report for May you can go HERE It also gives more info about me, if you care about that. Other wise just read on for pics of FOOD!

*Disclaimer, it has been quiet a few months since we ate the dishes, so I will review what I remember, otherwise just enjoy the pics while I count down the days until I am back again!

I plan to add to this report when I return the beginning of February. I like having all the pics all in one place!

Although this last trip was with DH, his grandparents and my then one year old son, mostly it was just DH and I eating that I took pictures of. Grandparents make great baby sitters!!

Also note, I didn't take pics of every meal, just the ones i felt like. :P And yes, we were on the dining plan! All descriptions of items of the menu are taking from allears.net! What a great site! :D

The locations:
Whispering canyons for lunch
Counter service Rosie’s and Catalina Eddies Dinner
Flame tree barbecue Lunch
Wolfgang Puck Café Dinner
Le Cellier Lunch
Ohana Dinner
Chefs De France Dinner
Flying Fish Dinner

Our Birthday Trip!! Celebrating DS turning 4 and DD turning 2!

Last edited by seasideteacher; 01-23-2010 at 11:42 AM.
seasideteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
seasideteacher
Mouseketeer

Whispering Canyons

We had a 2 pm ADR here on mothers day, and i think we had to wait about 10 mins to get in, but it wasn't' full.
We all go the same thing:
Canyon Skillet ALL YOU CAN EAT with:
Smoked Pork Ribs, Oven-roasted Chicken, and Pork Sausage served with Cowboy Beans, Corn on the Cob, Creamy Coleslaw, Mashed Potatoes, and Fresh-baked Cornbread

The grandparents and DH LOVED it. This is their kind of food and that is why i took us here. Me.. not really. Should of ordered something else off the menu.. next time!
Here are some more random pics I have of the food etc :
The coleslaw.. this i did like!

Corn bread and butter!

My very yummy vanilla milkshake, and yes this is part of the dining plan!

Overall review: This is a great place to take your family i think, something everyone should enjoy! Plus there are lots of fun things going on in the restaurant, the servers are funny, and kids stay pretty well entertained! :D

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Hi, I just saw your post on the AKL thread and checked out your Dining Review. WCC looks great to me, will be eating there soon!

Seems like we will be at AKL at around the same time, my sister and I will be there from 1/27 to 2/5.

Am looking forward to more food pictures!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
seasideteacher
Mouseketeer

Next we a counter service in DHS. Husband wanted hamburger and i didn't so we each went to a different one! Since they are right next to each other, not a big deal anyway.
At Rosie's All American Cafe my DH got a hamburger meal with a coke(his drink of choice) and a piece of chocolate cake :

And he said it was okay, it was food!
I ate at Catalina Eddie's and i think what i got was the
Hot Italian Deli Sandwich - Turkey, Ham, Swiss, and Provolone cheese topped with Caesar dressing and Pesto Marinated Tomatoes with choice of Apple Slices or Chips $8.29
But without ham.

This was okay, rather blah and too much bun. I think there must be better CS places, but we were hungry and i think these were the only ones open at them time!

Here is another random picture of some of the condiments, i was impressed with the options and board waiting for DH to come back i think! I just thought it was so cool that their were lemon packets!

Last edited by seasideteacher; 01-19-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
seasideteacher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi, I just saw your post on the AKL thread and checked out your Dining Review. WCC looks great to me, will be eating there soon!

Seems like we will be at AKL at around the same time, my sister and I will be there from 1/27 to 2/5.

Am looking forward to more food pictures!
yeah! that's cool we will be there the same time!
WCC seems to be a great choice! Although getting to a resort for dinner is always a pain, i wish they had some direct buss transfers! oh well, it was worth it! :D

Old 01-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
seasideteacher
Mouseketeer

The next day we had counter service at flame tree barbecue at animal kingdom. I was a bit disappointed from what i had heard about it.
I got the Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich - sliced turkey breast served on a multi-grain bun with cole slaw $8.09

Close up on sandwich (warning:not super pretty)

it was.. okay.. i was STARVED so it filled me, but not super exciting.
I think that was the lime pie that i got for my desert, prob my fav part of the meal.
Dh got the ribs:1/2 Slab of St. Louis Ribs - served with baked beans and corn muffin $10.49
(he got coleslaw not a muffin tho)

I think Dh liked this okay, can't really remember. I do like the big pile of napkins he grabbed, always prepared! lol
I would have to say I would try somewhere else next time. The food wasn't bad... just not good really.

So funny little of topic story, some of you prob know that apparently a bunch of ducks like to wander around the eating area here. I DON'T like ducks. or a lot of birds. No offense to any feather loving friends out there.. but it kind of grossed me out to see them there. I told this to my DH, and he replied by saying "well you better not look down"
This little guy was right under my seat!

That WAS pretty funny looking back, but a bit scarring at the time!
Will try to get more pics up this evening!

Old 01-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I'm like you don't like ducks but my son likes them and would feed them when we go to the pond when we go to a park near home. I have to explain to him not to feed any ducks or birds in Disney

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #9
MerryFlora
Mouseketeer

Great reviews and pics!

Love the condiment photo - my family is all about the condiments! I was going to ask somewhere if Flame Tree had ranch (for onion rings) and I see you have some Ken's sauce, so I would guess they do
MerryFlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #10
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Birds and food--they just don't mix, IMO. I think it's because birds are such poopy little creatures!

I remember a bird kept hopping around us while we were trying to have breakfast at Concourse Steak House (now closed) in the Contemporary Resort. It really grossed me out to have it around (indoors, no less) while we were trying to eat.

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
seasideteacher
Mouseketeer

Wolfgang Puck Cafe:
We had an early dinner here, i was excited that I could get sushi while my husband could get something "a little more filling."
The place was about empty at 4:30 or whatever!

First Pic, the bread! I remember it being unimpressive and rather boring I think...
The crispy big piece? It wasn't good.. a big dry cracker..

Next, my Sushi! I believe it was something similar to this:California inside out roll with tuna, whitefish, salmon, shrimp and avocado $14.95

Its hard to mess up California rolls, i love them ( i am NOT a sushi purest, i just eat what taste good. I remember some of the other fish melting in my mouth (i think esp the salmon!) but a one or two pieces were a bit grainy? Not a bad dish tho!

Next up, DH:
His salmon:Chilean Salmon - Center cut fillet of salmon, pan roasted with saffron whipped potatoes, asparagus and basil butter sauce $26.95

Humm this looks like something I would order! I think i he didn't like it.. the sauce was really salty, and he hates that. The salmon was okay, and the asparagus was over cooked. Two bad, it had potential..

Next, Desert!
Humm they don't seem to have these on allears.
My dh got what looks like cheesecake:

And I believe it tasted okay (something kind of hard to mess up...?) :P
I got Creme Brulee (as i will chose whenever I can! :D)

Looks pretty don't it? Too bad it was cooked wrong! It tasted okay, but very eggy, like scrambled egg texture I will have much better experiences elsewhere on this trip!!

All and all, i remember being a bit disappointed about eating here. My advice would be to skip and get your sushi fix elsewhere!
Speaking of sushi... that sounds so good... why do us preggo people have to have such restrictions!? Well there is always you... my sweet fake sushi California roll!

Old 01-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
seasideteacher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Joining in! I'm like you don't like ducks but my son likes them and would feed them when we go to the pond when we go to a park near home. I have to explain to him not to feed any ducks or birds in Disney
I think must kids like feeding animals! But not near me please!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great reviews so far - hope you have a fantastic trip
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryFlora View Post
Great reviews and pics!

Love the condiment photo - my family is all about the condiments! I was going to ask somewhere if Flame Tree had ranch (for onion rings) and I see you have some Ken's sauce, so I would guess they do
Haha, I am glad I am not the only one! And also glad that I could unintentional help you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
Birds and food--they just don't mix, IMO. I think it's because birds are such poopy little creatures!

I remember a bird kept hopping around us while we were trying to have breakfast at Concourse Steak House (now closed) in the Contemporary Resort. It really grossed me out to have it around (indoors, no less) while we were trying to eat.
Ohhh yuck. That would be disturbing! Poopy creatures is a good way to put it!!!
Thanks for stopping by everyone! Hope you enjoy the new pics!

Old 01-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #13
MerryFlora
Mouseketeer

Hey, I just noticed you are a fellow Oregonian! We will be there 3 weeks, staying at AKL
MerryFlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #14
DisTeach1
DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting the picture of the WL Skillet at WCC. I've been there so many times, but for some reason, have never ordered the skillet. I'm dying for it...I don't need fancy food, I love the comfort food and love WCC. The skillet is on my list for nex trip.
DisTeach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 AM   #15
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Jumping in!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: