Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
jldixon62
Mouseketeer

Any comments on the Baymont Inn, Celebration?

I booked a stay here through hotwire and I'm not so sure about this hotel.

I use hotwire a lot and I'm usually OK with the hotel I get, but lately it appears that their star ratings are over inflated.

jldixon62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
HappyGilmore
It is never to late to have a happy childhood!!!

I am curious about the Baymont Inn & Suites located at 7601 Black Lake Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34747. Is this the one you are asking about also?
Magic 6/9/00
Magic 9/2/00
Wonder 10/11/01
Wonder 9/1/02
Wonder 2/13/03
Wonder 9/1/05
Wonder 9/25/08
Dream 6/12/11
Dream 2/9/12
HappyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2010, 11:47 PM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmore View Post
I am curious about the Baymont Inn & Suites located at 7601 Black Lake Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34747. Is this the one you are asking about also?
well considering Celebration is near the other side of Kissimmee - I hope not.

Celebration name gets thrown around alot - like on or near Disney did - before they change all THEIR hotels to have Disney in the name.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
jldixon62
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmore View Post
Yup, that's the one.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldixon62 View Post
Yup, that's the one.
walk about false advertisement.

that say it is closer to Disney than Celebration is.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

yeah that's no where near Celebration but it's right by Animal Kingdom Lodge...so technically it IS closer to Disney then Celebration is
Old 01-18-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
neatokimmo
DIS Veteran

I'd be interested in hearing more about it too. I booked it today for $29 for 2 weeks in May through Hotwire. It was the least expensive 3 star I could find anywhere close to Disney/Seaworld.

When you look at tripadviser, it seems reviews are mixed. I bet it is like any other motel, you need to check out the room before you commit to a particular one.

I'd like to hear more about the shuttle service. One review mentioned a bus. We wouldn't use it for our one Disney day (too important!) but might use it for our Sea world days.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
jldixon62
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatokimmo View Post
I'd be interested in hearing more about it too. I booked it today for $29 for 2 weeks in May through Hotwire. It was the least expensive 3 star I could find anywhere close to Disney/Seaworld.

When you look at tripadviser, it seems reviews are mixed. I bet it is like any other motel, you need to check out the room before you commit to a particular one.

I'd like to hear more about the shuttle service. One review mentioned a bus. We wouldn't use it for our one Disney day (too important!) but might use it for our Sea world days.
We have stayed here and I can tell you that it's the only place we stay now !! Our first stay was while it was being remodeled, little messy around the grounds, but still the room was great. Our last time staying there, the work was 90 % completed and what a great job they have done with the place ! They have new beds, new widescreen flat tvs, new paint, basically it's like a brand new place. We are going back for our 5th stay there at the end of the month. Oh, and by the way if you go up to the 6th floor and look towards WDW you can see TOT, and also EE, and see some of the fireworks as well . If you stay there, I'm sure you will enjoy it!! And one other thing.....LOL one of the previous posters commented about the bright gift shop sign, whatever you do..... Dont stare at it, or you may go blind !!! Brightest neon lights I have ever seen !

I found the above reply to another poster, so at least sombody has stayed there and liked it. But I chickened out and complained until they gave me a refund and booked something else, still through hotwire.

I of course am again booked at a place I never heard of (blue herson resort) but the reviews on trip advisor are a bit better. I paid more too. Good luck!

Old 01-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #9
neatokimmo
DIS Veteran

Cool thanks for the info! I didn't realize it was that close to Disney until I read a review about walking to AK.

I am so excited I can barely contain myself! Today hotwire contacted me and told me they had an error on their website. The children's program was no longer available.

First, I didn't know they had one lol Second, defeats the purpose of a family trip to put the kiddo in daycare.

Their apology? Cancel the booking and get $50 hotwire dollars or keep it and get $240 hotwire dollars!!!!! That is enough for a Sept trip somewhere. I'm so excited!