Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #1636
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenann* View Post
Glad you are on the mending path. I love keychains! Your new ones are so cute. They are a fun souvenir and there are so many to choose from.

We've never broken down on a ride, but gotten to Splash just as it broke down, then back to POTC all the way to the door and it went down-all this in the first hour of our late night visit (9pm start) to a very crowded park! Oh well, we had a blast just being there running around and still got on many rides before midnight!
I am on the mend, I still feel like crud but I am mending. Thank you. We broke down more than once on Small World. The first time we were near the end and I don't really think it was really broken, I think there were too many boats and they were slow unloading. The second time was in 2007 and they had overloaded the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
That's pretty crappy that the ride broke down for them. I love that ride, but if I were to be stuck on it, I might think differently. I know the ghosts aren't real, but when you're stuck with them, it's a little creepy! Hopefully she cheered up eventually. It's Disneyland!

And Dillon loved the picture of the Chili bowl. I have a feeling we need to make a stop there, cause he wants that, and I want the cream cheese pretzel! Yum!
Oh and when Kody says she won't go on a ride again she is serious. I think it is kind of sad.

The chili bowl was absolutely wonderful. Good enough to have more than once.

Last edited by kaoden39; 06-27-2010 at 02:19 PM.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #1637
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Great pictures.

Love the hat...esp on your mom.

That sour dough chili bowl looked great! I love when you can eat the bowl with soup. YUM!

I'd love to be stuck on HM ... there's just so much to see in there and I feel like I never get to see it all.

Scotty sure likes his bikes!

I like how they have two different river boats ... the one you went on looks cool (WDW has the other white one).
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #1638
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Great pictures.

Love the hat...esp on your mom.

That sour dough chili bowl looked great! I love when you can eat the bowl with soup. YUM!

I'd love to be stuck on HM ... there's just so much to see in there and I feel like I never get to see it all.

Scotty sure likes his bikes!

I like how they have two different river boats ... the one you went on looks cool (WDW has the other white one).
Yeah the hat is fun. I got Minnie Mouse ear clips for my hair. They are real cute.

The chili bowl is so good. And their chili seems exceptionally good too.

I love the Mark Twain and that is what they usually have running. That is the blessing of going during the on season is all the rides are usually up. It was the first time Scotty has ridden the Columbia, as you can tell by his pictures.

And oy bicycles, I believe there may even be a few more bicycle pictures.

Now, you need to come to Disneyland so you can ride the Columbia and eat our chili in the bread bowl!!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #1639
betsywdw
DIS Veteran
Any old tag

OK, all caught up!

The Tigger Tails sound SO good! I love when Disney keeps something a little special to just one place!

That Mickey Parade looks so cute! I would love to see it one day.

I like the HM but wouldn't be too happy about a breakdown either! Your poor girls!

Uh, that Chili Bowl looks AWESOME! It's only 8:30am right now and my mouth is watering,

Hope you are feeling better!

Official Stylist of Disland
betsywdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #1640
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Yeah the hat is fun. I got Minnie Mouse ear clips for my hair. They are real cute.

The chili bowl is so good. And their chili seems exceptionally good too.

I love the Mark Twain and that is what they usually have running. That is the blessing of going during the on season is all the rides are usually up. It was the first time Scotty has ridden the Columbia, as you can tell by his pictures.

And oy bicycles, I believe there may even be a few more bicycle pictures.

Now, you need to come to Disneyland so you can ride the Columbia and eat our chili in the bread bowl!!
Oh, we definitely will plan a trip to DL..probably as a stopover to Hawaii, since DVC is opening a new hotel in Hawaii next fall. I'm thinking maybe before Elizabeth goes to Kindergarten.

We leave in 10 days (sorry just had to add that in!). It looks like no rides/shows are shut down during our stay and longer summer hours. So that hopefully makes up for the crowds and heat.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #1641
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsywdw View Post
OK, all caught up!

The Tigger Tails sound SO good! I love when Disney keeps something a little special to just one place!

That Mickey Parade looks so cute! I would love to see it one day.

I like the HM but wouldn't be too happy about a breakdown either! Your poor girls!

Uh, that Chili Bowl looks AWESOME! It's only 8:30am right now and my mouth is watering,

Hope you are feeling better!
Hi Betsy!!
Thank you I am feeling better, I am still having a little pain. No fun. Kody is still really iffy about the ride. And says that she isn't even sure that the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay will be enough to get her back on the ride.
Mickey leads the band in a concert and then marches them down the street. It is a regular thing, I really enjoy watching it. There are so many little things like that that make Disneyland special to me.
I am so thinking about buying some on those Luigi loafs of sour dough bread and making our own chili in the bread bowl experience. It is soooooo good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Oh, we definitely will plan a trip to DL..probably as a stopover to Hawaii, since DVC is opening a new hotel in Hawaii next fall. I'm thinking maybe before Elizabeth goes to Kindergarten.

We leave in 10 days (sorry just had to add that in!). It looks like no rides/shows are shut down during our stay and longer summer hours. So that hopefully makes up for the crowds and heat.
Well, you do know that they have added villas to the Grand California that are DVC? [IMG]Here are some pictures I took from Jenny's trip report.[/IMG]

10 days!! Wow it is so close. How fun.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #1642
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear you are still in pain. Hopefully it's getting better for you!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #1643
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Sorry to hear you are still in pain. Hopefully it's getting better for you!
Oh it's better than it was for sure. I see the Dr again tomorrow, so that is a good thing.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #1644
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

That is definitely a good thing! Glad to hear it's not as bad as it was. Here's to hoping the doctor makes it even better!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #1645
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
That is definitely a good thing! Glad to hear it's not as bad as it was. Here's to hoping the doctor makes it even better!
Thank you, I am sure that she will make it better.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:23 AM   #1646
kaoden39
Hugs

June 14, 2010! Night time!

I in my brilliant deductions decided that we should park in the DTD parking because I wanted to end our night here.

We went to look at some of my favorite things at the DLH on our way to the Monorail and back to the park.

Including the wonderful waterfalls. I love this a lot.

When we came upon this wonderful phone booth. I figured Scotty wanted to do some Dr Who stuff.

But, no our mild mannered man was a Superman instead.

And well I think Loho's picture says it all.

I wonder is WBG was trapped?

Somehow I think there may have been a sequence I missed with the pictures.

This sign for the Dreams tower struck WBG's imagination I think.

To me this is the gateway between DTD and the DLH.

I am not sure how many pictures per post are allowed so I am going to the next one.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:35 AM   #1647
kaoden39
Hugs

continued

When I last left you we were at the gateway to DTD.

Here is Bawb being way too nice to Nredy Cookies and carrying her back pack. I think she paid him like a quarter and then later took it back.

Our first view on Disneyland that night.

The Finding Nemo subs at night. Kind of a pretty sight I think.

I love this picture of Space Mountain. It looks almost iridescent.

The old rocket ship. Now it is decoration for like a coca cola refreshment place.

The subs in port.

This is Bawb with one of his childhood heroes. I wish it had turned out better.

The one of Loho turned out much better. I think he looks rather debonair.

WBG found someone taller than him...."Luke I am your father." For those of you that don't know these were taken at the Lego Store in DTD.

To be continued......
Old 06-30-2010, 12:54 AM   #1648
kaoden39
Hugs

and more....

Us three girls obviously on our way to shop in DTD. Why else such serious faces?

Nerdy Cookies bought herself some ice cream while Berht and I visited Marceline's Candy Shop. Oh my goodness!! I got some fudge, it was a blend of milk and white chocolate. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of it.

Berht on the other hand bought herself five Cheshire Cat tails, she loves her sweets.

Before I forget these are what Berht got instead of a hat. She doesn't like hats.

Not long after the candy shop while we were sitting and enjoying our fudge or ice cream Nerdy Cookies went to the bathroom and dropped her cell phone in the toilet. Thankfully before she went and it only got a little wet, but we had a tragic teen for a while.

I don't remember the name of this shop but, I had to have this picture of this bird. It reminds me of my sun conure Cha Cha.

Weird Bike Guy got a kick out of this.

Okay so, we basically just goofed off in Disneyland that night we really wanted to do Downtown Disney so we did. I love window shopping and DTD is one of the best locations for it. The girls and I hit a few of the clothes stores, and the clothes did not fit their budgets, so they left empty handed. Berht had the most money to spend but she wanted candy so she didn't buy anything. She did find a few purses she liked but they were way too pricey. All in all it was fun.

All too soon it was time to leave. Now for my experience with the WoC. As we were leaving the DTD parking lot you could see WoC, the very tippy top of it. People stopped driving in the parking lot to watch it. Okay I get that we all want to see it, but come on, we are driving here lets get it done!! They had to have Anaheim police direct everybody. I have never seen such a mess in my life. Soon we were back in our room, and I was ready to rest. After I loaded the pictures that is.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:08 AM   #1649
nerdylightbulb
Brendon Urie's stalker
I ♥ Magnus Bane
Having a fiesta with Kish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

Here is Bawb being way too nice to Nredy Cookies and carrying her back pack. I think she paid him like a quarter and then later took it back.
It was $0.08 and he stopped carrying it and I demanded a refund. He carried it again, but never asked for the money back c:

nerdylightbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:23 AM   #1650
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdylightbulb View Post
It was $0.08 and he stopped carrying it and I demanded a refund. He carried it again, but never asked for the money back c:
That's my girl. Last of the big spenders.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: