Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #61
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I never got a call with Mickey singing Happy Birthday to me.

Sounds like you guys had a lovely meal! Absolutely perfect. Good food, a great view, and Wishes!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 01-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #62
wished
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great pictures of the California grill, I was considering going there next time I visit WDW.

Nov '05 '06 '07 '08 - Offsite Nov 2009 - All Star Sports Nov 2010 - Offsite May 2011 - Pop Century
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #63
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce27 View Post
Uhhhh... what was that line to? The Milk House looked nothing like that when I was there the day before.
That isn't a line. It's a bunch of people listening to a speaker. I'm not sure who it was talking, but he must have been semi interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I never got a call with Mickey singing Happy Birthday to me.

Sounds like you guys had a lovely meal! Absolutely perfect. Good food, a great view, and Wishes!
Sorry you never got a birthday call. Our dinner reservation was linked to our hotel reservation so that must be how they figured it out. CA Grill did have great food. Probably the best I've had at Disney World

Quote:
Originally Posted by wished View Post
Thanks for the great pictures of the California grill, I was considering going there next time I visit WDW.
I definitely recommend CA Grill. If I ever do a trip with just me and DH we are there
Old 01-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #64
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Your dinner sounds lovely. I would love to eat there sometime. But the kids would never last 2 hours, so I guess we will have to wait until they are older or if we go with grandparents....maybe they could babysit.

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 01-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #65
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
That isn't a line. It's a bunch of people listening to a speaker. I'm not sure who it was talking, but he must have been semi interesting.
Thank goodness! It looked like it could be a line for where you make corral changes. I'll have to be in that line again next year, bumping back up corrals based on whatever my Nov 2010 1/2 marathon time will be (as I can't use this years full-marathon time when I sign up). The line hadn't been too bad for me at EXPO but then I saw your pic and worried that I was just lucky this year and may not be so next year!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #66
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Jenny I am so glad you did this report. I love reliving our weekend. It makes me get teary though thinking about how fast it went! I knew it would, but geez, here we are already a week and a half past it... booohoo

That Cali Grill dinner was awesome...oh that filet I had was soooooooooooo good. I could not NOT eat every bit of it. YUM!!

Dolce LOL you cracked me up.."What was that line to??" Yeah that would have been a bad line eek! I wish I had looked at the runner's relations table/line though just to see what it looked like and stuff. I will probably be there next year too.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #67
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post

That Cali Grill dinner was awesome...oh that filet I had was soooooooooooo good. I could not NOT eat every bit of it. YUM!!
Between the two of you, the Cali Grill is soooo on my list for next trip. You guys are making me hungry!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #68
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

What a nice Cali Grill experience and it sounded very relaxed and enjoyable. Those desserts look so good
Old 01-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #69
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Good decision on the Tyvek outfit. I would definitely spend $20 to stay dry!!

A call from Mickey to wish you Happy Birthday!!! Very cool!!!

Your Cali Grill dinner sounds yummy!! And that cake...Mmmm!! I would so love to have dinner there but I agree with you-- I don't think I would take the boys. Even though they are getting older, they would never be able to sit for 2 hours.

Oh, if your interested I started my PTR (finally settled on a date...a little unexpected and soon but we're very excited.) The link is in my siggie.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #70
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Your dinner sounds lovely. I would love to eat there sometime. But the kids would never last 2 hours, so I guess we will have to wait until they are older or if we go with grandparents....maybe they could babysit.
Like I said in my post, I wouldn't take my kids there. It would ruin the whole thing for me. It would change a relaxing atmosphere into a stressful atmosphere because I'd have to make sure the kids weren't disturbing anyone Disney has the child care clubs you could consider if you don't have grandparents there.

Quote:
Jenny I am so glad you did this report. I love reliving our weekend. It makes me get teary though thinking about how fast it went! I knew it would, but geez, here we are already a week and a half past it... booohoo

That is why I like doing the reports. It seems to prolong the trip. And this trip was so short it need lots of prolonging. You'll be amazed at how I'll drag the race out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce27 View Post
Between the two of you, the Cali Grill is soooo on my list for next trip. You guys are making me hungry!
Cali Grill should be on the list! It was yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
What a nice Cali Grill experience and it sounded very relaxed and enjoyable. Those desserts look so good
The desserts were yummy. I think part of what makes everything taste better is that just make it look so pretty
Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #71
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Good decision on the Tyvek outfit. I would definitely spend $20 to stay dry!!

A call from Mickey to wish you Happy Birthday!!! Very cool!!!

Your Cali Grill dinner sounds yummy!! And that cake...Mmmm!! I would so love to have dinner there but I agree with you-- I don't think I would take the boys. Even though they are getting older, they would never be able to sit for 2 hours.

Oh, if your interested I started my PTR (finally settled on a date...a little unexpected and soon but we're very excited.) The link is in my siggie.
I'm headed over to your PTR right now
Old 01-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #72
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
That is why I like doing the reports. It seems to prolong the trip. And this trip was so short it need lots of prolonging. You'll be amazed at how I'll drag the race out
Yeah, I just don't have the energy for my own reports... I just need to keep travelling with you (and Carissa!) so you can do reports with me -and my family- in them!! teehee!

Drag out this report all you want, fine by me!

Hey, are you going to post about that, um, "interesting moment" we had near the start of the race? I think you should......lol
Old 01-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #73
dismagiclover

Quote:
Hey, are you going to post about that, um, "interesting moment" we had near the start of the race? I think you should......lol
It will be all about reading between the lines
Old 01-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #74
dismagiclover

Night Night

I apologize in advance. This is rather a dull update. But stick with me because next update the fun really starts

We’d just finished up our fabulous California Grill meal and realized we better get to bed because we had a 3 am wake up call coming. We made a quick pit stop and picked up a few things for breakfast at the shop in the Contemporary. It was freezing in the Contemporary. I guess because the monorail hole and the wide open space, but the cast members were all wearing winter coats! That was not a good sign for the next morning if it was freezing inside the buildings! Anyway after picking up our breakfast, Liz headed up to the room, but I wanted to quickly check out the Top of the World Lounge. This is a perk for DVC members staying at Bay Lake Tower. So I headed down to the lobby, showed the CM my room card and she took me to the elevator, stuck in her special card and pressed the button for the top floor. I felt rather too special. I got out on the top floor, turned right and found myself in the lounge. My initial thought was this is small. Here are a few pictures of the interior (that I took from AllEars site).

When I was up there it was obviously dark unlike the pictures. There were very few people up there (maybe 5 or 6). It was quiet and cozy and would be a nice place to relax with a few friends, but I just wanted to check it out so I headed out to the viewing area. There was a lovely view of the Magic Kingdom, but it was freezing so I snapped a couple of pictures (that turned out blurry as you can see) and headed back to the room.

As I exited the elevator on my floor I snapped this shot of the view out the window.

Liz told me this is a real fun pool area with a fun slide. I didn’t try it out. (A bit too nippy)

After arriving back at the room Liz and I got all of our stuff ready for the morning’s race. We laid out the layers of race clothes, attached the timer thingy to our shoes, and pinned our bibs to our shirt (well I did. Liz waited until morning to decide which layer to put the bib on.) We had nothing to do, but try to go to sleep so Liz set her alarm and we climbed into bed. (Poor Liz was stuck with the fold out couch. I never asked. Was it comfy?) We both laid awake in bed for a while without talking willing ourselves to sleep. We were awake at least until 10:15 because we heard the water parade going by, but didn’t get up to look. Eventually we both slipped into a restless sleep. We had a big adventure ahead of us in the morning.

Next up: Half Marathon Day!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #75
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

That answers my question! I saw you had a studio and wondered if you guys shared a bed or if the couch was a pull out.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: