Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #31
jo
Earning My Ears

Hi Jenny! I am subbing to your trip report. I sooooo badly want to run the half-marathon next year! So I am very interested in your report!

I am not a runner, just a walker. I love, love, love to walk but really want to convert to running.

Do you have a good training program to refer me to?

Thanks for the report. I am loving it!
Old 01-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #32
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!

Awesome view! I stayed at the Contemporary once... when I was 5 yrs old.
I don't think that I'll ever stay at a MK resort hotel, I'm too in love with the Boardwalk Inn. The room you guys had was nice. ... and back to that view!

I'm sorry that you guys missed the Pop meet. I *ahemskippedahem* it myself. Friday had been my arrival day as well and I wasn't up to rush over for a meet after travel, EXPO, ect... I hope that you made it through EXPO. I apparently hit it just in time Friday afternoon. I was there - maybe? around 12:00 - 12:30? After the Milk House, it took maybe 3 minutes before I got into EXPO to pick-up my packet. By the time I left EXPO the line was so long.. I couldn't figure out where it ended! I hope that it had quieted down a bit for you guys by the time that you needed in.
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2010, 10:03 AM   #33
eeyore7360
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to the rest of your report. My friends have already registered to run the Goofy challenge next year. I will be on the sidelines cheering. Our plan is to stay at Bay Lake Tower.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #34
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Two weeks of snow in London The winter I stayed there I don't think it ever even came close to freezing. I hollered (in shock) when I read your post and told DH. He said he knew all about it. They'd had to cancel some soccer games. For him that is tragedy
The rooms at Bay Lake are nice, but the studios are pretty small. You'll hear about it in the next update
I know, I was shocked too! But even more shocking is that now its gone (in London), but a few days ago it snowed pretty heavy, but a day or two after it was completely gone from the roads and sidewalks, I couldn't believe it.

I lol about the soccer part, typical men eh. What team does he support, I'm an Arsenal fan.

Your room looks great, loving the Disney Art and what an awesome view. Did you get to watch Wishes from there?
Old 01-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #35
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful room! And the view was AWESOME!!!!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 01-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #36
Ellester
DIS Veteran

A friend of mine who ran the 1/2 just posted her pix on Facebook. Boy, it looked chilly! Maybe you saw her? Your view was awesome! It does look a bit cozy though! Looking forward to more!
Old 01-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #37
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Hey Jenny and Liz! I'm here!

I'm so glad you're doing a TR, Jenny! I've been pestering Liz for photos and info.

I thought of you guys the day of the marathon. I'm so proud of you both. Maybe there will be a half marathon in my future if I can ever get my butt in gear.
You'll get plenty of photos and infor here. Maybe more than you wanted to know! Liz is running it again in 2011. I'm sure she would love it if you joined her! If I can do it anyone can

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
subbing

Don't hesitate to chime in at any time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo View Post
Hi Jenny! I am subbing to your trip report. I sooooo badly want to run the half-marathon next year! So I am very interested in your report!

I am not a runner, just a walker. I love, love, love to walk but really want to convert to running.

Do you have a good training program to refer me to?

Thanks for the report. I am loving it!
You definitely have plenty of time to get ready for next years half. Liz just started running last February and she did great. Try the Couch to 5K plan (just google it.) That will get you to be able to run 3 miles and if you can run 3 miles you can train for a half. Just watch the sign up for the Half. It usually fills pretty fast. It filled in April last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce27 View Post
Awesome view! I stayed at the Contemporary once... when I was 5 yrs old.
I don't think that I'll ever stay at a MK resort hotel, I'm too in love with the Boardwalk Inn. The room you guys had was nice. ... and back to that view!

I'm sorry that you guys missed the Pop meet. I *ahemskippedahem* it myself. Friday had been my arrival day as well and I wasn't up to rush over for a meet after travel, EXPO, ect... I hope that you made it through EXPO. I apparently hit it just in time Friday afternoon. I was there - maybe? around 12:00 - 12:30? After the Milk House, it took maybe 3 minutes before I got into EXPO to pick-up my packet. By the time I left EXPO the line was so long.. I couldn't figure out where it ended! I hope that it had quieted down a bit for you guys by the time that you needed in.
BLT was really nice for the race because of the monorail, but I'm with you in loyalty to the Ecpot resorts. We stayed at Beach Club last summer and loved it and this past fall bought into DVC at the Boardwalk. Our first trip home is Marathon weekend 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore7360 View Post
Looking forward to the rest of your report. My friends have already registered to run the Goofy challenge next year. I will be on the sidelines cheering. Our plan is to stay at Bay Lake Tower.
You can walk right out of your hotel and cheer on your friends. The race goes right by!
Old 01-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #38
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
I know, I was shocked too! But even more shocking is that now its gone (in London), but a few days ago it snowed pretty heavy, but a day or two after it was completely gone from the roads and sidewalks, I couldn't believe it.

I lol about the soccer part, typical men eh. What team does he support, I'm an Arsenal fan.

Your room looks great, loving the Disney Art and what an awesome view. Did you get to watch Wishes from there?
DH is a Gunners fan too. Apparently he was a big Dennis Bergkamp fan. (I learned something new about DH today. I'd never heard of Dennis Bergkamp.) He told me they won today 2-0.
The plan was to watch Wishes from the room the first night, but dinner went a bit long so we saw it from somewhere else. You'll have to stick around to find out where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
What a beautiful room! And the view was AWESOME!!!!
It was an awesome view. Too bad it was too cold to really enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellester View Post
A friend of mine who ran the 1/2 just posted her pix on Facebook. Boy, it looked chilly! Maybe you saw her? Your view was awesome! It does look a bit cozy though! Looking forward to more!
It was freezing! You'll have to look for your friend in the pictures I post. There were over 20,000 runners so chances aren't good that I saw her, but who knows. Stranger things have happened
Old 01-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #39
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Very Nice View...

ah well the snow worked out to your benefit...it must have been nice to have the ride and send off to the airport...how long is your flight? It's just about 2 hours from PHLx so it must be even a bit shorter for you...

From couch to 5K hmmm....I'll be checking that out after the boards...

(Does it really snow at DW?)
Old 01-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #40
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Yay! You arrived!! The room looks beautiful...and that view!! Wow! A lake view and a Magic Kingdom view--that's so cool!!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:25 AM   #41
Stefy

Quote:
DH is a Gunners fan too. Apparently he was a big Dennis Bergkamp fan. (I learned something new about DH today. I'd never heard of Dennis Bergkamp.) He told me they won today 2-0.
The plan was to watch Wishes from the room the first night, but dinner went a bit long so we saw it from somewhere else. You'll have to stick around to find out where.
V cool, your DH has good taste in teams

DF and my dad (not sure what the abbreviation is for dad) saw Dennis Bergkamp's testimonial match, he was a really good player.

Yep, they didn't do too bad, although it was a v scrappy game. I don't watch football (prefer rugby) but this game was brutal. Poor Fabregas, nearly got his head trampled

Ooh wonder where you saw Wishes from, tell us more
Old 01-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #42
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yay! You arrived!! The room looks beautiful...and that view!! Wow! A lake view and a Magic Kingdom view--that's so cool!!
The view was something else. I think I prefer it to a straight MK view. The MK view have lots of parking lot, and the lake view is so relaxing. So we got the best of both worlds!

Quote:
V cool, your DH has good taste in teams

DF and my dad (not sure what the abbreviation is for dad) saw Dennis Bergkamp's testimonial match, he was a really good player.

Yep, they didn't do too bad, although it was a v scrappy game. I don't watch football (prefer rugby) but this game was brutal. Poor Fabregas, nearly got his head trampled

Ooh wonder where you saw Wishes from, tell us more
Usually DH has to follow the team on the internet, though I think every once in a while he sees games on the soccer channel. He's always trying to talk me into going over to London to see a game. One of these years he may succeed
Old 01-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #43
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Very Nice View...

ah well the snow worked out to your benefit...it must have been nice to have the ride and send off to the airport...how long is your flight? It's just about 2 hours from PHLx so it must be even a bit shorter for you...

From couch to 5K hmmm....I'll be checking that out after the boards...

(Does it really snow at DW?)
Our flight from Baltimore is scheduled at 2 hours 20 minutes. Sometimes it's shorter sometimes it's longer. It all depends on the headwinds I guess This trip the pilot said we were fighting 250 mph headwinds or something like that
There is usually a thread going on the WISH boards for the couch to 5K program. Check it out if you're interested.
And yes, Patricia, it does snow at Disney World.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:58 AM   #44
Stefy

Quote:
Usually DH has to follow the team on the internet, though I think every once in a while he sees games on the soccer channel. He's always trying to talk me into going over to London to see a game. One of these years he may succeed
Oh you must and you must try and score tickets for a game at home (Emirates Stadium) as it is something to be seen I can tell you.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #45
dismagiclover

Quote:
Oh you must and you must try and score tickets for a game at home (Emirates Stadium) as it is something to be seen I can tell you.
DH knows all about the stadium and now I do too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: