Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

MKE body scanners in yet?

Last time I flew through MKE in May, the body scanners were not in yet.

Have they since been put in use?

I would prefer not to have DD (9 years old) go through it and will probably have her patted down instead. I'm leaving it up to my 13 year old DS if he wants to go through or not.

Does anyone know for sure that has flown through there recently?

Thanks.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
buzzgirls&dad
DIS Veteran

I haven't heard anything yet, but we fly out on Friday so I can post when I get back if some other diser hasn't helped before I get back.
'12 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP--Wild Africa Jungle Trek
'13 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP-lunch with an Imagineer
'14 Mar-Aulani'14Oct-BCV/MNSSHP/F&W

"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney
buzzgirls&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzgirls&dad View Post
I haven't heard anything yet, but we fly out on Friday so I can post when I get back if some other diser hasn't helped before I get back.
Thanks.

We fly out early Saturday morning and it really isn't that big of a deal. I'll just let them know we prefer to do the patdown instead of the scanner.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would prefer not to have DD (9 years old) go through it and will probably have her patted down instead.
Personally, as a 9 year old, I would have been mortified to have someone pat me down! I would think the scanner would be much better, especially if you don't tell her what the machine actually does.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
ls1222
DIS Veteran

Is this gender to gender?? I do not find it acceptable to have the opposite sex looking at the childrens scans..................
Old 10-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1222 View Post
Is this gender to gender?? I do not find it acceptable to have the opposite sex looking at the childrens scans..................

There are no gender specific people back there. It's not as if the TSA agent sees which sex person is coming through and hits the female or male button, so that the image goes to the same sex TSA agent.

I guess those who don't want anyone viewing these images of children are going to have to opt for pat downs.

To make a comment, as was made a few posts before, is, to put it simply, is insulting. I would prefer if we didn't go down the road of who is looking at what photos.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
....To make a comment, as was made a few posts before, is, to put it simply, is insulting. I would prefer if we didn't go down the road of who is looking at what photos.
Yes, who would care who is looking at whom? The images are not like looking at a photo or movie.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net
April 26-May 3, see you there?

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #8
Wis2InTink
Mouseketeer

When I flew out of MKE on Sept. 15th, there was one body scanner and one of the old kinds. I opted to go through the old kind.
Wis2InTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
ls1222
DIS Veteran

Excuse me previous poster...........Wow, you sure have an attitude when your typing on a forum... Give me a break.... DUH, of course its not gender to gender, that was my point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly why I rarely post on this stuff, you get reamed for having an opinion!!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
SaraJayne

Yes, of course I told my children what the scanner does and gave them both the choice of what they wanted to do.

DD had opted for the pat down (after I showed her what the pat down would be like) and my DS (13) said he'd use the scanner.

The security point we went out of (MKE has two) didn't have the body scanner...so all we did was walk through the metal detector.

My DD asked me when we got to Tampa when we were going to go through the body scanner thing. I had forgotten to tell her we didn't need to do it. lol
Old 10-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #11
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1222 View Post
Excuse me previous poster...........Wow, you sure have an attitude when your typing on a forum... Give me a break.... DUH, of course its not gender to gender, that was my point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly why I rarely post on this stuff, you get reamed for having an opinion!!!!!
Excuse me??? Did you really think that I, as a moderator here, 'reamed' you ??? Seriously? I answered your question. The person I alluded to had their post removed. Sorry if you took the bottom half of my post personally.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: