Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #121
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan09 View Post
I got off schedule a bit this week and didn't complete Week 2 until Saturday, then I went to the parks yesterday and did a ton of brisk walking around EPCOT and MK. I'm putting off starting week 3 until tomorrow. I think my legs need a day off because they were really sore last night when I got in the car.

I think the trick for week 3 is going to be slowing the pace. I honestly do not care how fast I go-my goal is to complete the interval. I've been starting my first interval at 4.5 and working up to 5.0-but if I start tomorrow at 4.5 and that's too hard, I'll drop it down.
I'm already only going at 4.0 for my jogs so not too much to slow down to.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #122
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I'm already only going at 4.0 for my jogs so not too much to slow down to.
3.8? You'd be surprised at the mental impact of reducing the speed just a tiny bit. Your brain says "this is slower than what I normally do-I can do this" and you can!
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #123
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
3.8? You'd be surprised at the mental impact of reducing the speed just a tiny bit. Your brain says "this is slower than what I normally do-I can do this" and you can!
That's true. I'm going to see how I feel after tomorrow (day 3 of week 2) and go from there.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #124
ZOOMAMA
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford

Quote:
Very true!

Tess
ZOOMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:56 PM   #125
insoin

DIS Veteran

Hello all. Well I did Week 2 over since I had 4 days off from testing and my treadmill at home not working. So W2D1 for me today, it was a very good run. I'm gonna be ready for week 3 next week for sure!
insoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #126
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by insoin View Post
Hello all. Well I did Week 2 over since I had 4 days off from testing and my treadmill at home not working. So W2D1 for me today, it was a very good run. I'm gonna be ready for week 3 next week for sure!
That's great! Still no word on your test results yet?

Old 02-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #127
Forthemedal
Working for Coast to Coast 2010

Did week 1 day 3 today. I am going to continue week 1 this week. Have been pushing myself to complete these three days so am going to work on them a little longer. Am enjoying the program hoping to be able to move through weeks faster as I get more practice in. Need to work on my running form. Been sore every time when I start in my calves. Hopefully by next week will not be sore any more.
Upcoming- September 2010 Disneyland for Coast-to-Coast

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/362dqfx4a4w2ypbb.png[/img]
Forthemedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #128
DisneyBoundinDec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Another half-marathoner!

to the group! Glad to have you along.

I completely understand where you're coming from. Deciding to start running this year and challenging myself to do some races is about more than just losing weight for me. I'm a SAH/homeschooling mom to 3 boys and my husband is deployed. I need a way to relieve stress!! I want something just for me and something I can be proud of accomplishing.
You have a lot on your plate! Tell your hubby we said thank you for all that he is doing for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willonlyflytodisney View Post
Week 2 Completed!

Week 3 seems so much more complicated than Weeks 1 and 2! 3 Minutes of jogging - oh man! But, I'm excited. The way I see it - the number of intervals that we do goes down every time, but I know there will be a day with NO intervals - gosh I'm scared!
YES! that is what scares me! I am doing fine now.. just now completed week 1.. only 60 sec of running.. easy! but I look ahead and see 5 minutes and I think. ARE YOU NUTS! but I know we can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forthemedal View Post
Did week 1 day 3 today. I am going to continue week 1 this week. Have been pushing myself to complete these three days so am going to work on them a little longer. Am enjoying the program hoping to be able to move through weeks faster as I get more practice in. Need to work on my running form. Been sore every time when I start in my calves. Hopefully by next week will not be sore any more.
do you stretch? make sure you stretch those muscles after you run. Its really not a good idea to stretch right before you run.. .its never good to stretch cold muscles.. but make sure you do your stretches after.

me.. finished W1D3 today and it felt good. I went out and bought a crazy expensive pair of running shoes, but I know the ones I was wearing were no good. They were not running shoes, but cross training shoes. I am actually excited to try them out! I also started a running blog.. I want to keep track of how I feel throughout this whole process... if you want to follow me its here
http://couch2disney.blogspot.com/

Keep up the good work everyone!!!
DisneyBoundinDec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #129
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forthemedal View Post
I was also going to ask if you were stretching. I had some soreness the day after I ran the first time, but once I started adding in some extra stretches (especially for the hip flexors) I haven't been sore since. The book Running for Mortals has some really great stretches in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoundinDec View Post
You have a lot on your plate! Tell your hubby we said thank you for all that he is doing for us!
I will.

Quote:
me.. finished W1D3 today and it felt good. I went out and bought a crazy expensive pair of running shoes, but I know the ones I was wearing were no good. They were not running shoes, but cross training shoes. I am actually excited to try them out! I also started a running blog.. I want to keep track of how I feel throughout this whole process... if you want to follow me its here
http://couch2disney.blogspot.com/

Keep up the good work everyone!!!
I'll definitely go check it out.

Last edited by carissanboys; 02-01-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #130
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

Week 3 Day 1 is done!!!

It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The amount of rest you get after the 3 minute run really helps. I also took my own advice and dropped my speed and I think that made a big difference as well

I've been a volunteer for a couple of the Disney races and I've learned a lot from that experience. I've learned that everyone in a race doesn't run like a gazelle, and they're not all skinny. I've also learned how to shout encouragement and how those words literally change the expression on a struggling person's face, and put a little spring in their step.

So...I suggest we ALL learn to encourage ourselves as we go along. Instead of saying to yourself "OMG, 3 minutes, I'm gonna die!!" Say what you would say to another person that you would see trying to do something that they thought was impossible-or at least really hard. I tried it today and it really does make a difference.

We are all doing something amazing and we all deserve praise and encouragement for it!
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #131
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

W2D2 completed. But that was rough. I didnt feel like going out this morning and the first 3 intervals were not pretty. The last 3 I started to get in sync with myself. I may add an extra day to this week just for the extra practice since I started a day early. I still love the fact that I can do it. I have to push but I can do it. Happy running everyone.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #132
insoin

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys;
That's great! Still no word on your test results yet?
Not yet, I hope to hear something today or tomorrow. My doctors office has a big sing that says "Please allow two full days after any test for test results" which would be today for me....
Old 02-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #133
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not yet, I hope to hear something today or tomorrow. My doctors office has a big sing that says "Please allow two full days after any test for test results" which would be today for me....
Hope it's good news.

I completed W2D3 today. Did not enjoy it. Having a tough time mentally right now, but I know I can do this and I know I will get out there each day and muscle through.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #134
insoin

DIS Veteran

Today was a non running day so I did the elipitcal machine and rode a bike. Threw in some light weights as well. Question for everyone... Do you run everyother day? Or do you run MWF and start the next week on the next Monday? Or do you run a day off a day no matter what day of the week it is?
insoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #135
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Today was a non running day so I did the elipitcal machine and rode a bike. Threw in some light weights as well. Question for everyone... Do you run everyother day? Or do you run MWF and start the next week on the next Monday? Or do you run a day off a day no matter what day of the week it is?
I stick to running 3 days a week right now. I may change that later, but for now that's about all I can handle. I started the program on a Thursday so I do Thursday, Saturday, and Tuesday. Three off days I do some other type of workout and I take the day off completely on Sundays.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: