Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #1096
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

I have been a huge slacker this week. I can't even remember the last time I worked out or ran. I did a hike on wednesday, but that's about it. Time to pull on my exercise clothes and get back in the game. Thanks so much for this thread- just reading a few posts helps me find the motivation.

You all are awesome! I am having this old movie going through my head right now. Cool runnings. The mantra- Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme,( it's couch to 5k time). Cool running. I need some raggae jams now. I feel old! LOL
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #1097
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsandjumps
I have been a huge slacker this week. I can't even remember the last time I worked out or ran. I did a hike on wednesday, but that's about it. Time to pull on my exercise clothes and get back in the game. Thanks so much for this thread- just reading a few posts helps me find the motivation.

You all are awesome! I am having this old movie going through my head right now. Cool runnings. The mantra- Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme,( it's couch to 5k time). Cool running. I need some raggae jams now. I feel old! LOL
You can get back on track! Just take the first step!
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #1098
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Week 5, day 1 of 5K training, plus 20 minutes on the elliptical! I averaged a 12.7 minute mile. This is my best so far! Believe me...if I can do this, you can too!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #1099
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

Cool runnings!!! Great movie. Lost a little motivation this week too... but getting back to it tomorrow. Keep it up!

Saratoga Springs October 2011
Old Key West June 2012
Expedition Everest 5k May 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2014 & Disneyland 2014 Avengers 1/2 Marathon
Carissa 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #1100
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

Completed week 5 yesterday. I have a mental road block to run for long periods. I keep remembering tv related things- Seinfeld running behind a car he was strapped to while the old man was yelling at him to keep running. I need something like that. No choice but to run or get eaten alive. I am so practical huh!

Do they have a temple run 5k? I bet I could get through that. Is anyone going to do Run for your lives? Looks fun to me. Zombies -aahhhh.
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #1101
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsandjumps
Completed week 5 yesterday. I have a mental road block to run for long periods. I keep remembering tv related things- Seinfeld running behind a car he was strapped to while the old man was yelling at him to keep running. I need something like that. No choice but to run or get eaten alive. I am so practical huh!

Do they have a temple run 5k? I bet I could get through that. Is anyone going to do Run for your lives? Looks fun to me. Zombies -aahhhh.
I am really enjoying the run/walk method on the Jeff Galloway app. I seem to be more willing to go all out if I know it's only for a few minutes, plus I think it will really help me build endurance.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #1102
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsandjumps View Post

DS16 did Run for your Lives last year, he loved it and has plans to do it again this year. It was cold and muddy though, so if you ever do it have throw away clothes, shoes and towels.
I got the mud out of the clothes but that was it.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #1103
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Haven't run since the 11th. I slipped on the ice and tweaked my knee when I was trying to keep myself from going down. Managed to save myself from a pretty bad fall but it hurt for several days. The knee is better today but I did a lot of stairs today moving stuff in our museum prepping for a tea party this weekend so my legs are pretty sore.
I'm headed down now to do the treadmill but I think I'm going to take it slow and repeat last weeks workout.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #1104
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

That was bad!! Like horrible bad. The tops of my feet, ankles, calves and shins were in terrible pain. Gritted my teeth and pushed thru it but dang I hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #1105
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
That was bad!! Like horrible bad. The tops of my feet, ankles, calves and shins were in terrible pain. Gritted my teeth and pushed thru it but dang I hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Way to get back on there! Just be sure to give yourself plenty of rest and maybe pop an ibuprofin or two. I know it's always hard for me to tell if the pain is the normal "I'm out of shape, what do I expect" or something I really need to take care of. The general rule of thumb I've been told is if the pain goes away the next day, you're good to go. But huge kudos for the workout!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #1106
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
I am really enjoying the run/walk method on the Jeff Galloway app. I seem to be more willing to go all out if I know it's only for a few minutes, plus I think it will really help me build endurance.
My body responds really well to this program too... I use it for my long runs and use C25K for the two weekly training runs.

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 02-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #1107
ATLJR
Earning My Ears

Doing EEC on May 4th... just completed W4D1. That was quite the jump up in difficulty from the previous week. Yowza!

Anyone else started recently to get ready for EEC? How are you progressing?
ATLJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #1108
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLJR View Post
Doing EEC on May 4th... just completed W4D1. That was quite the jump up in difficulty from the previous week. Yowza!

Anyone else started recently to get ready for EEC? How are you progressing?
I am! I actually started to run again on January 2nd this year! I'm progressing well, but then I don't plan on setting any speed records! Good luck with your training!

Old 02-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #1109
ATLJR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
I am! I actually started to run again on January 2nd this year! I'm progressing well, but then I don't plan on setting any speed records! Good luck with your training!
Thank you and same to you!

My goal is to not have to walk at any point. I don't care about my time on this one as it is my first race in almost two years. I simply want to have fun and re-establish myself back into running. The fact it helps me look better isn't a negative either.
ATLJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #1110
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Week 5, day 3 of 5K training! Today was my long run, so I went 3.45 miles for the first time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: