Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #1081
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Does anyone use Runkeeper? I used it for the first time today and it shut off less than 5 minutes in!
Is it an app for your phone? I haven't used that one, but use joglog and I like that one - so far it has not acted up on me. My active.com C25k had a glitch in the very beginning and didn't record my progress, but since then it has been fine.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #1082
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys

Is it an app for your phone? I haven't used that one, but use joglog and I like that one - so far it has not acted up on me. My active.com C25k had a glitch in the very beginning and didn't record my progress, but since then it has been fine.
Yes, it's an app. I'll have to check out Joglog! I can't get anything to work!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #1083
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Wow! Everyone is doing so well! I too am appreciating the everyday "encoruagements" I'm noticing... not being winded at the top of my stairs at home for starters. I've also notice I'm walking faster during my routine errands, instead of just plodding along.

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #1084
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8
Does anyone use Runkeeper? I used it for the first time today and it shut off less than 5 minutes in!
I have run keeper and when I had the iPhone 3G it always crashed. I have a 4s now but I've only use the app once, didn't have any issues though.

Did it shut off when your phone went to sleep?

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #1085
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca

I have run keeper and when I had the iPhone 3G it always crashed. I have a 4s now but I've only use the app once, didn't have any issues though.

Did it shut off when your phone went to sleep?

Maybe it was when it went to sleep. I'm not sure! I had in a pocket.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #1086
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Did 3 workouts last night. C25K week 3/day 2, Galloway and the Diamond Head, HI trail on my treadmill.

Diamond Head went better than I expected, it was my last workout but I didn't have to stop. Usually I have to stop at least twice, this time I just slowed down twice. I was happy, especially after the other 2 work outs, they were horrible! I could not get my brain to work with my feet. Legs felt ok, a little shin pain from mile 2 to mile 3, that seems to be my standard MO. My heart and lungs felt good, better than they have in a long time. I seemed to make improvements on my breathing technique in the last week.
But my head just wasn't in it. Don't know why, I had a good day, ate well, hydrated, etc. but all these negative comments kept creeping in, I kept getting distracted, etc.
anyone else have a day like that?
I just wish I could have a day where my head, my lungs and my legs are on the same page.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #1087
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca
Did 3 workouts last night. C25K week 3/day 2, Galloway and the Diamond Head, HI trail on my treadmill.

Diamond Head went better than I expected, it was my last workout but I didn't have to stop. Usually I have to stop at least twice, this time I just slowed down twice. I was happy, especially after the other 2 work outs, they were horrible! I could not get my brain to work with my feet. Legs felt ok, a little shin pain from mile 2 to mile 3, that seems to be my standard MO. My heart and lungs felt good, better than they have in a long time. I seemed to make improvements on my breathing technique in the last week.
But my head just wasn't in it. Don't know why, I had a good day, ate well, hydrated, etc. but all these negative comments kept creeping in, I kept getting distracted, etc.
I just wish I could have a day where my head, my lungs and my legs are on the same page.

Today was kind of like that for me. It was cold and I couldn't get my muscles warmed up, I was tired and not really excited to be running. The best part was...I did it anyway. I was even 53 seconds faster than yesterday! I had tons of excuses to quit, but I kept going. That is huge for me.

Also? So impressive that you did 3 workouts today! Good for you!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #1088
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean about your lungs and legs. When I first started my lungs couldn't keep up. Now it's my legs getting tired or my toes.

I love that I don't get winded after the first 90 seconds like when I began. My legs get tired after running about five minutes, then it's more my brain pushing my legs to lengthen my stride or distribute the impact evenly. I prefer leg discomfort to feeling like I can't breathe fast enough.
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #1089
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post

Three workouts is great!! But I do know what you mean...some days I am physically fine and mentally just not there, and other days I am mentally pumped and my body just does not agree. I am on W9D1 today and I am so excited for this run, but my body is a little tired, so here's hoping it goes well. I don't think this cold is helping.

Quote:
Today was kind of like that for me. It was cold and I couldn't get my muscles warmed up, I was tired and not really excited to be running. The best part was...I did it anyway. I was even 53 seconds faster than yesterday! I had tons of excuses to quit, but I kept going. That is huge for me.

Don't you love when you can go father than the day before, even when it feels like you are not going to make it. Good for you for not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsandjumps View Post
I know what you mean about your lungs and legs. When I first started my lungs couldn't keep up. Now it's my legs getting tired or my toes.

I love that I don't get winded after the first 90 seconds like when I began. My legs get tired after running about five minutes, then it's more my brain pushing my legs to lengthen my stride or distribute the impact evenly. I prefer leg discomfort to feeling like I can't breathe fast enough.
Me too! And I agree - I worry more about trying to breath properly than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
Wow! Everyone is doing so well! I too am appreciating the everyday "encoruagements" I'm noticing... not being winded at the top of my stairs at home for starters. I've also notice I'm walking faster during my routine errands, instead of just plodding along.
It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Quote:
Maybe it was when it went to sleep. I'm not sure! I had in a pocket.
I turned off the auto-lock on my phone and haven't had problems since. Maybe try that.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #1090
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

ACK, had a great post last night and my phone ate it. ERGH!!

Anyway, congrats on the 53 second shave!! That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsandjumps View Post
I know what you mean about your lungs and legs. When I first started my lungs couldn't keep up. Now it's my legs getting tired or my toes. so today I am playing catch up in the house.

I agree, I usually get leg pain between miles 2 and 3, but if I can power through, I know my legs will loosen back up. The breathing on the other hand freaks me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Three workouts is great!! But I do know what you mean...some days I am physically fine and mentally just not there, and other days I am mentally pumped and my body just does not agree. I am on W9D1 today and I am so excited for this run, but my body is a little tired, so here's hoping it goes well. I don't think this cold is helping.
Good luck today!!!

I need to run at some point today, but we'll see if it happens. Got lots to do, and today was the first day 3 of the 4 kids have had school since Thursday. The HS is still closed.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #1091
mpeanut
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have just recently restarted C25k again. I'm going to do week 3, day 3 today. I completed the program once about 15 months ago, signed up for a 5k, completed it with some walking. I did another 5k about 6 months with less walking, but since then I've slacked off and needed to start from scratch again. I hope this time I'll be comfortable doing a 5k by the spring and then keep signing up for one each month to keep motivated.
I like reading about everyone's progress and some of the common struggles. You are all inspiring me to stop making excuses and get to it! Thank you!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #1092
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I've been slacking again, but plan to re-do W2D1 tonight. I did have a small victory last week. I did my run on Tuesday and on Wednesday a co-worker dragged me to Zumba. I have never been able to keep up so well in Zumba class cardio-wise. It was so encouraging.

Keep it up everyone! This thread is so great for motiviation.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #1093
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I just got back on track.

To keep myself on track I have signed up for a 5k next month and told everyone I am doing it. No backing out now.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #1094
sskem96
DIS Veteran

I'm having a lot of trouble with week 2. Week 1 was fine and I did w2d1 ok, but since then I haven't been able to finish another week 2 workout. My diet hasn't been the best this past week, so maybe that's part of the problem. I think I'm going to repeat week 1 this week and see how it goes. I may have just needed to stick with week 1 a little longer and not advance to week 2 right away since I hadn't really done any exercise for several months before I started this!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #1095
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskem96
I'm having a lot of trouble with week 2. Week 1 was fine and I did w2d1 ok, but since then I haven't been able to finish another week 2 workout. My diet hasn't been the best this past week, so maybe that's part of the problem. I think I'm going to repeat week 1 this week and see how it goes. I may have just needed to stick with week 1 a little longer and not advance to week 2 right away since I hadn't really done any exercise for several months before I started this!
For me, I had to slow down my pace a lot on W2D1 and that really helped me. It felt weird to run that slow, but it helped me finish, so to me that's a good sign.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: