Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #1051
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

Finally got on a treadmill to see how my training is going. I've been running laps in a gym previously. I just bought new shoes yesterday... so that worked against me, but I did one mile (walk, run, walk....) and averaged a 16 minute mile... grr... I had to get off as my feet were really bothering me, so I went and rowed for a bit... then decided I wasn't a quitter... and got back on the treadmill and did a 12.5 minute mile... although I don't think I'm ready to keep up that pace for 3 miles quite yet. Then I walked a mile and half outside to get some fresh air... the gym was so hot and stuffy! I'm on W2D2... my husband moved on to week 3, I'm not quite ready to move on yet...

Saratoga Springs October 2011
Old Key West June 2012
Expedition Everest 5k May 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2014 & Disneyland 2014 Avengers 1/2 Marathon
Carissa 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #1052
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Week 2/day 2

Run 5.5; walk 3.0

Got some inspiration from watching DS16 and his teammates run today.
Little heavy on my legs but much better than Thursday.
Great job!

Old Key West June 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #1053
soozaay
2 excited 2 sleep

Hi Everyone
I'm VERY new to running and am currently in Week 2 of C25K. My goal is to complete the program and then move onto training to do the 2014 Princess Half Marathon. I'm 45...overweight (hopefully not for long) and have never been a runner...couldn't even say the word jog (LOL). But after my sister asking me to do the Half Marathon next year, I figured good as time as any....and it being a Disney Half...I'll be in my happy place so it's a win win!

Good luck everyone!

soozaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #1054
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soozaay View Post
Hi Everyone
I'm VERY new to running and am currently in Week 2 of C25K. My goal is to complete the program and then move onto training to do the 2014 Princess Half Marathon. I'm 45...overweight (hopefully not for long) and have never been a runner...couldn't even say the word jog (LOL). But after my sister asking me to do the Half Marathon next year, I figured good as time as any....and it being a Disney Half...I'll be in my happy place so it's a win win!

Good luck everyone!
Congrats and welcome!

I did W8D2 yesterday, and am also going to look to increase my distances to do a half. I actually have decided that my 2014 goal for myself will to do the Tink 1/2 at DL and the F&W at WDW and go for the C2C. Highly ambitious both in terms of the running and the traveling, but I'm hoping to do it! I was actually going to start a PTR tracking my way to that goal! I think you will do great - what better motivation than getting to go to Disney!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #1055
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Good luck everyone!
Welcome aboard! Disney provides powerful motivation! If you're so inclined, check out my blog (link in my signature below) on how I'm putting the Power of the Mouse into my 5K training! Disney events are the only reason I ever decided to start running...

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #1056
soozaay
2 excited 2 sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
Welcome aboard! Disney provides powerful motivation! If you're so inclined, check out my blog (link in my signature below) on how I'm putting the Power of the Mouse into my 5K training! Disney events are the only reason I ever decided to start running...
Thanks! And thanks for the link to your blog....I LOVE me a Disney running blog!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #1057
soozaay
2 excited 2 sleep

What treadmill mph speed to you run/walk? I'm doing 3-3.5 mph for both the jog and walk. I'm on week 2...I've tried a higher speed but just can't keep up the pace. Just would like to know what speed everyone else is at.
Thanks

Old 02-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #1058
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

I'm on W2 D2... I'm at a 4.5-5.0 running and a 3.7-4.0 walking.

Old Key West June 2012
Old 02-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #1059
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Good luck everyone!
Good for you!!! This is inspiring!! I'm so worried about getting through my 5k! Ahh! I have never been a runner either. Keep it up!!

Old Key West June 2012
Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #1060
sskem96
DIS Veteran

I just finished week 1 of c25k today. I have never been able to run, but we are going on a cruise next Jan and I really want to run the CC5k! I have been doing a 3.0 walk and 4.2 run. I think I could run a little faster outside, but I'm a little nervous about falling off the treadmill or something. I probably won't run outside til after I complete the program when hopefully I won't be huffing and puffing so badly!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #1061
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskem96 View Post
I think I could run a little faster outside, but I'm a little nervous about falling off the treadmill or something. I probably won't run outside til after I complete the program when hopefully I won't be huffing and puffing so badly!
I feel this way about treadmills too! ha. So far I've been running at the track by my work which is FULL of people of all fitness levels. It really helps.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #1062
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford

I feel this way about treadmills too! ha. So far I've been running at the track by my work which is FULL of people of all fitness levels. It really helps.
Me too! I have been running at a 5.0 for the last two weeks, but I'm scare I'll fall off if I go faster!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #1063
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Good luck everyone!
Welcome to the C25K group! I graduated a few weeks ago but I still lurk here from time to time! Best of luck to you!

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #1064
soozaay
2 excited 2 sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa 80

Good for you!!! This is inspiring!! I'm so worried about getting through my 5k! Ahh! I have never been a runner either. Keep it up!!
You too!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #1065
soozaay
2 excited 2 sleep

Another question about treadmill speed...when you run at one speed & walk at another do you adjust the speed each time or do you program it into your treadmill?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: