Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #1036
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Is the Jeff Galloway program an app on your phone? I am using one with intervals to do his program but I'd love to find something by him. Does he only have the 5k or others? I'm on W7D3 today so I am not looking to go back to the beginning of a 5k app.
It is an app on my phone. He also has an easy 10K, half marathon, and full marathon app.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #1037
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer

So does Disney do this 5K on every 4 day Dream Cruise? I would love to do that!

I am gearing myself up to start the C25K program hopefully next week. Been sick with the flu or something the last 2.5 weeks. I'm hoping that this program will help me increase the running portion of my run walk run, especially in the longer distance races.
buckeyecinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #1038
n5749w
Mouseketeer

I think it is any Disney cruise that stops in Castaway Cay.
Majesty of the Seas 2009 (Abigail's and Mom's first)
Carnival Triumph 2010 (Last minute cruise)
Disney Dream 2013 (Last minute cruise and Olivia's first)
Disney Fantasy 2014 (Olivia's Birthday Cruise and Mike and Becky's first)
Disney Magic 2015 (Olivia's Birthday Cruise)
n5749w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #1039
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Week 2/day 2

Run 5.5; walk 3.0

Got some inspiration from watching DS16 and his teammates run today.
Little heavy on my legs but much better than Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 02-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #1040
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Week 3/day 2...I walked at a 4.5 for most of it, I ran at a 5.0. I completed 65% of a 5K during the workout!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #1041
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8
Week 3/day 2...I walked at a 4.5 for most of it, I ran at a 5.0. I completed 65% of a 5K during the workout!
Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #1042
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

So I completed W2D1 tonight! Man, it was definitely hard for me. I didn't make it through the last run, but was able to push myself all the way through all of the others. I think I will repeat today just to build some confidence. I'm not being as consistent as I probably should be....avoiding runs on the weekend. What kind of schedule do most of you follow?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #1043
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

I have been working on it Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I just finished week 3 yesterday.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #1044
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

I work Tuesday, Thursday and whichever weekend day that works out best for our schedule. But truthfully, I usually put it off until Sunday afternoon.

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #1045
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

keahgirl8-- I just noticed your signature countdown. Way to rock the weight loss girl! You are my hero!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 02-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #1046
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush
keahgirl8-- I just noticed your signature countdown. Way to rock the weight loss girl! You are my hero!
Thanks!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #1047
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
So I completed W2D1 tonight! Man, it was definitely hard for me. I didn't make it through the last run, but was able to push myself all the way through all of the others. I think I will repeat today just to build some confidence. I'm not being as consistent as I probably should be....avoiding runs on the weekend. What kind of schedule do most of you follow?
Last time I was Mon - Wed - Fri. I need to get back into that but I would like to do long runs on Saturdays when DH is home to watch the kids.

Did Jeff Galloway 5K, week 1 day 3 on the treadmill and it went pretty well.
DS16 wanted to go for a run outside today so we hit the trails at school too. That went pretty well except for DD's whining. Of course the first thing she did when we came home was to run on the treadmill. Girl drives me nuts sometimes!!!
DS was such a good sport, he did his 5 miles then his cool down was my hard run. He could walk as fast as I run but he jogged with me, and yelled at me when I started to walk. Come on Mom!!!! Get moving Mom!! LOL
Old 02-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #1048
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca

Last time I was Mon - Wed - Fri. I need to get back into that but I would like to do long runs on Saturdays when DH is home to watch the kids.

Did Jeff Galloway 5K, week 1 day 3 on the treadmill and it went pretty well.
DS16 wanted to go for a run outside today so we hit the trails at school too. That went pretty well except for DD's whining. Of course the first thing she did when we came home was to run on the treadmill. Girl drives me nuts sometimes!!!
DS was such a good sport, he did his 5 miles then his cool down was my hard run. He could walk as fast as I run but he jogged with me, and yelled at me when I started to walk. Come on Mom!!!! Get moving Mom!! LOL
Your son is awesome!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #1049
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

LOL he is. He never gives me a hard time about being fat and slow, just gentle encouragement with a little bit of Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels thrown in for good measure.
We talk about food and nutrition as well as exercise. He takes gourmet foods but he's also a runner and wants to do sports nutrition and personal training when he gets older so I'm kind of his guinea pig.
Never gives me a hard time about eating bad stuff, just asks me "do you really want that?". He my conscience.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #1050
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
LOL he is. He never gives me a hard time about being fat and slow, just gentle encouragement with a little bit of Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels thrown in for good measure.
We talk about food and nutrition as well as exercise. He takes gourmet foods but he's also a runner and wants to do sports nutrition and personal training when he gets older so I'm kind of his guinea pig.
Never gives me a hard time about eating bad stuff, just asks me "do you really want that?". He my conscience.
There is really something special about a mom and son's bond! My DS12 will be running the Expedition Everest Challenge with me. It will be his first Disney race! He is such an encouragement to me. My whole family is, but my son "gets me" on a different level when it comes to nutrition and exercise! And somehow I don't mind when he "encourages" me-- but heaven help my DH if he said the same thing!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: