Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #76
insoin

DIS Veteran

I finished W2D1 this morning. I wish I could get on the boards while at work, but I'm stuck using my iPhone and it's not the best at quoting other posts.

I went to the doctor before I started, cause everyone says you need to. Well they are right! I had an abnormal EKG so my doctor wants me to have a stress test to make sure my heart can deal with running. So I'm doing that later this week. Hopefully the doctor says that running/walking will help me improve my heart, if anything is wrong. My doctor said it's best to be careful than not.
Scott
insoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #77
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by insoin View Post
I finished W2D1 this morning. I wish I could get on the boards while at work, but I'm stuck using my iPhone and it's not the best at quoting other posts.
I went to the doctor before I started, cause everyone says you need to. Well they are right! I had an abnormal EKG so my doctor wants me to have a stress test to maje sure my heart can deal with running. So I'm doing that later this week. Hopefully the doctor says that running/walking will help me improve my heart, if anything is wrong. My doctor said it's best to be careful than not.
Scott
Hey Scott! I saw that the disboards now have an app for the iPhone? Is that what you use? I don't have an iPhone, but I have a smart phone. Very difficult to check in here on that. Thankfully I have access to my computer way too much.

Good for you for checking with your doctor! Hopefully it's nothing serious and he'll give you the green light. At the very least, maybe you'll need to stick with fast walking. You can still do the half marathon while walking as long as it's a fast enough pace.

Let us know how it goes!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #78
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I went to the doctor before I started, cause everyone says you need to. Well they are right! I had an abnormal EKG so my doctor wants me to have a stress test to make sure my heart can deal with running. So I'm doing that later this week. Hopefully the doctor says that running/walking will help me improve my heart, if anything is wrong. My doctor said it's best to be careful than not.
Scott
Good for you! So many people don't go to the doctor with cases like this and then exacerbate an injury that can prevent them from running ever again.

I freaked out because as I started running I got a stitch in my side that seemed to get worse, but then got better. Turns out it was just muscle building but I really thought I had pulled something.

One of the few times I can say I love my doctor

I am truly loving this program. I feel GREAT now as I start Week 2!

1993 - Contemporary Hotel 2008 - Pop Century 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 - Pop Century 2012 - All Star Movies
Fall 2012 - Vacation Planning CM
willonlyflytodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #79
lornak
DIS Veteran

I have just been too busy to get to the gym for the past 5 days. I was really trying to go every other day to stay on track. But this week got away from me and I am really discouraged. I will go tomorrow morning and do W2D3 but I'm wondering if I should do a day or two more of week 2 before I move on? I feel like I got off schedule. I don't want to move backwards in my progress!!!
lornak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:14 AM   #80
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornak View Post
I have just been too busy to get to the gym for the past 5 days. I was really trying to go every other day to stay on track. But this week got away from me and I am really discouraged. I will go tomorrow morning and do W2D3 but I'm wondering if I should do a day or two more of week 2 before I move on? I feel like I got off schedule. I don't want to move backwards in my progress!!!
I would start with the last workout you did and see how that feels.
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #81
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Completed W1D3 today. Had a bit of a struggle to get through. Just felt tired I guess. Could be a number of things. Hoping next workout I'll feel better. I am considering sticking with week 1 for another week just to take things slowly.

**Just another mention that every time I do a day of this program, I post a journal entry on my PTR about it. There are links in the first post so you don't have to read through everything else. Has a lot more detail than what I post here. Just don't feel like repeating myself. Feel free to check it out.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #82
engagedatWDW
One sweet world, around a star is spinning

Hi everyone. I enjoyed reading everyone's experiences so far with C25k. I just started on Monday with the official C25k podcast. A week and a half before I had started with a similar program I found on Runner's World, but I liked the idea of the c25k podcast.

My husband and I were really inspired seeing the marathon this year, so much so that I've already registered for the half next year. My husband also registered, but is already in fairly good shape. I've got a loooooong way to go, but I'm hoping having an end goal will help to keep me motivated. We also figure this is a good excuse to go back to Disney World!

I also plan to do yoga and The Firm during my days off from C25K and I've joined Weight Watchers (we get a discount through our insurance so I don't have an excuse!). In 2006 I was able to lose 35 lbs in about 7 months with The Firm and WW - boy, was it upsetting to find out that healthy eating and exercise really does work! But I've since gained everything back. This year I'm really hoping to become the person I've wanted to be for so long and I'm looking forward to challenging myself.
Nov/Dec '07 - WL, 1st Anniversary trip + MVMCP
Nov '06 - Pop + Poly (honeymoon), DFTW at the Wedding Pavilion
Nov '05 - AKL, engaged at Cinderella Castle

"To change the world, start with one step. However small, first step is hardest of all." - DMB
engagedatWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:07 PM   #83
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by engagedatWDW View Post
Hi everyone. I enjoyed reading everyone's experiences so far with C25k. I just started on Monday with the official C25k podcast. A week and a half before I had started with a similar program I found on Runner's World, but I liked the idea of the c25k podcast.

The podcast is really great! Good to have you here!

Started W2-D1 today!

28 Minutes and 2 miles - averaged a 14.30 minute mile! Very excited!!!

Felt like I had less distance today but ran for longer. It was really hard as first but as I got into it, it got much easier.

5K here I come!

1993 - Contemporary Hotel 2008 - Pop Century 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 - Pop Century 2012 - All Star Movies
Fall 2012 - Vacation Planning CM
willonlyflytodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #84
Forthemedal
Working for Coast to Coast 2010

Stalled

I started the c25k last week with my husband. Finished one day and got busy. I really enjoyed the day I did, although I think it was to soon after walking the 1/2 at WDW calf muscles have been quite sore. WDW was my second marathon and I am right at the 16 minute pace for walking (when not with my sister) I am going to use this program in hopes of being able to run the first 5k at Disneyland in September so I can stay way ahead of the sweepers (to close for comfort in January).
My husband will be joining me in September and I hope to have him running the first 5k also. We both felt great after completing day 1 and will be getting back into the workout over the weekend. Good Luck to all. Hope to run my first 5k on March 27 without putting in walking.
Upcoming- September 2010 Disneyland for Coast-to-Coast

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/362dqfx4a4w2ypbb.png[/img]
Forthemedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 AM   #85
PeterPan09

W2D2 was a little rougher in the beginning than I expected. I think I should have done some "active rest" yesterday instead of taking the day off. The first couple of runs were a challenge to complete. After that it got easier and I finished fine. I always seem to do better with the last set of runs than the first ones.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #86
insoin

DIS Veteran

Hi, yup I'm using the app for the DIS. I like it for the most part, but I can't scroll through long quotes, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for the words of support, I go to the hospital for the next two days for testing. I'll let you all know what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willonlyflytodisney;
Good for you! So many people don't go to the doctor with cases like this and then exacerbate an injury that can prevent them from running ever again.

I freaked out because as I started running I got a stitch in my side that seemed to get worse, but then got better. Turns out it was just muscle building but I really thought I had pulled something.

One of the few times I can say I love my doctor

I am truly loving this program. I feel GREAT now as I start Week 2!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #87
insoin

DIS Veteran

Oops see how hard it is for me to quote I was trying to quote you in my earlier reply lol, actually that was my fault not the apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys;
Hey Scott! I saw that the disboards now have an app for the iPhone? Is that what you use? I don't have an iPhone, but I have a smart phone. Very difficult to check in here on that. Thankfully I have access to my computer way too much.

Good for you for checking with your doctor! Hopefully it's nothing serious and he'll give you the green light. At the very least, maybe you'll need to stick with fast walking. You can still do the half marathon while walking as long as it's a fast enough pace.

Let us know how it goes!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:45 AM   #88
insoin

DIS Veteran

I also did W2D2 today and I found it a bit harder than I thought it would be. But I made it through it. Hopefully my two days of testing and the results after don't side track me to much and get me off plan.

We should all have a DIS C25K team meet the Half weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan09 View Post
W2D2 was a little rougher in the beginning than I expected. I think I should have done some "active rest" yesterday instead of taking the day off. The first couple of runs were a challenge to complete. After that it got easier and I finished fine. I always seem to do better with the last set of runs than the first ones.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #89
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oops see how hard it is for me to quote I was trying to quote you in my earlier reply lol, actually that was my fault not the apps.
No worries. I figured you were talking to me.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #90
PeterPan09

Quote:
I also did W2D2 today and I found it a bit harder than I thought it would be. But I made it through it. Hopefully my two days of testing and the results after don't side track me to much and get me off plan.

We should all have a DIS C25K team meet the Half weekend.
I'd be ready to meet up with anyone whenever!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: