Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #871
saysay
DIS Veteran

Starting week 4 tomorrow. I did a 5k this weekend while using my IPOD app to do W3d3, plus I did some jog/walking after the time elapsed. I am so tired today, but I finished, and did better then I thought I would.

On to week 4....
saysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #872
devonsmommy
DIS Veteran

Joining in on this thread!
This is my 3rd time attempting the C25K program.

However, this time I am going to see it through! I just finished up W2D3, but think I am going to repeat week 2. My question is I do the 5 minute warm up, but then do I walk/run until my timer says 25 minutes? Or do I not count the 5 minute warmup in that? Does that make sense? I don't want to short myself running time.

I would love to eventually do one of the races in Disney.
devonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #873
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Third time is the charm, I'm sure!! No, you do not include your warm up or cool down into your run/walk sequence. It's extra! Good luck and have fun!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #874
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

I'm starting this on Monday. I hit the 40 year old mark and it's time I re-take control of my body! I need to lose about 35 lbs. In my younger/leaner days, I was an avid runner. I hope I can do this!

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #875
Dahly
Mouseketeer

DS and I started c25k this past Saturday, and tonight we are doing week 1, day 3. looking forward to making it through the weeks! We be coming here for supports. Good luck to everyone!
Dahly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #876
lolakat
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

I'm joining this tread. I've never been a "real runner' but so far I am loving C25K. I'll be doing W2D2 tonight. My plan is to finish the program and run my first 5k on Oct 2. Then on to the marathon for mortals training in hopes of finishing the 1/2 marathon at Disney in January. I've never tried anything like this before. It should be very interesting!!!
lolakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:31 PM   #877
Spike
Mouseketeer

I started this thing 4 times and quit 3 of them. Not this time I told myself when I started it up again 7 weeks ago. Yesterday I did w8d1 and you know what? It actually does it easier as you go. Don't get me wrong, the running time does increase and you feel it, but I never thought I could run for 30 minutes non-stop. I remember feeling like I was going to keel over when doing w1d1. Of course my timing isn't exactly the greatest and I have 5k scheduled for this weekend before ending the program. But next week I will do week 9! After that who knows? Maybe the "Gateway To The 8k'. We'll see.

Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:42 PM   #878
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I started this thing 4 times and quit 3 of them. Not this time I told myself when I started it up again 7 weeks ago. Yesterday I did w8d1 and you know what? It actually does it easier as you go. Don't get me wrong, the running time does increase and you feel it, but I never thought I could run for 30 minutes non-stop. I remember feeling like I was going to keel over when doing w1d1. Of course my timing isn't exactly the greatest and I have 5k scheduled for this weekend before ending the program. But next week I will do week 9! After that who knows? Maybe the "Gateway To The 8k'. We'll see.
Carefull-- it's addicting! I'm on Week 7 and doing my first 5K on Oct 2. But somewhere around week 4 I decided to train for the Princess Half Marathon as soon as the 5K is over!

Be sure to check back in and let us know how your 5K goes this weekend.

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #879
lolakat
DIS Veteran

Hi spike. Good for you for sticking with it. I can't wait to get to where you are in the program. I know what you mean about it not getting "easier" per se. But it does feel good to be able to do something you just physically wouldn' have been able to do a few weeks before. It seems once we have this 3 mile base we can really go on to almost any other training program.

Good luck on the 5K next weekend.
lolakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #880
Spike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolakat View Post
Good luck on the 5K next weekend.
Thanks. I am hoping since it is the Disneyland 5k it might just take a little of the pain away that i know i will be feeling.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #881
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

Great to see so many new runners.

I completed C25K back in May and ran my first 5K shortly after that. Well a short break from running during my last trip to WDW turned into a two month lay-off.

But I'm back at it now and hope to continue. In hindsight setting another goal after the completion of my first 5K would have kept me going. Just a little advice for those DISers close to completing the program.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #882
Spike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmarc View Post
In hindsight setting another goal after the completion of my first 5K would have kept me going. Just a little advice for those DISers close to completing the program.
Not sure how this coming weekend is going to play out. I might finish, I might not. However, I am already looking for another one to participate in!

Old 09-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #883
KrazyPete
skeleton

I did W9D1 this morning. I'm in the home stretch!

I have two questions:
1) I have a cousin who is really struggling with week 1. I thought I saw a link to some kind of pre-C25K program somewhere but I can't find it now. Can anyone point me to something like that?
2) I'm going to need something new to work towards. What other goal oriented training programs can you recommend?
Old 09-04-2010, 05:53 AM   #884
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

Just stopping in to Keep it up. I did C25K from Feb-first of April, and I am still running 3-4 days a week! I did a 9 mile run a couple of weekends ago! It really works, and turned me into a runner. You can do it! I cried at the end of the first day, and now 3 miles is an "easy run" for me.
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #885
Spike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
Be sure to check back in and let us know how your 5K goes this weekend.
I DID IT!!!!!! Man was that fun. The only down side was they ran out of medals about half way through. Something about shipping issues. We were told that it would be mailed to us. Kind of bummed out about that since this was my first event ever, but when I saw the looks on my wife and parents faces the bummedness quickly went away. Definatley will do this again.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: