Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #856
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

I attempted to start this program and am having problems from day 1. I feel like such a failure. I think I may have to modify the program for me. Some of the medications I did while on chemo destroyed my lung capacity (long term side effect) so I think it just may take me longer. I could only do 5 of the 8 jogging cycles. I am going to try to make myself eat better, drink more during the day and take a vitamin to see if that helps at least with the dizziness I feel. I really hope I can finish this program within 3 months.

December 3-9, 2014- SSR and BWV
BubMunkeyBles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #857
sabnrob06
Mouseketeer

Hey!
I have been following this thread lately but haven't posted. I am in week 1 of the C25K and have to say it is ALOT harder than I expected. I am a non runner and a Jon exerciser. The first day about killed me but I am determined to finish. I have already signed up fornthe Princess Half in Feb and am hoping I am able to do it. I am being realistic with my goal of completing the half? What are you doing for exercise on the days between the running??

Thanks!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #858
ana123
Earning My Ears

I'm am the perfect example of a skinny unhealthy person. A little background, I'm 5 foot 1 and 114 pounds so not over weight, I'm petite. However, I cant run 1 minute without gasping and complaining. My boyfriend however is extremely built and energetic. I'm starting the C25K so I can keep up with him and so I can develop good habits while I'm still young. I start tomorrow and will be running on a treadmill in my cool basement. Its to hot outside in MD!
ana123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #859
KrazyPete
skeleton

I did week 2 day 1 this morning.

The first day was the worst so far. I don't have any muscle pain today. I know that I'm still at the beginning but so far the program is challenging but not undoable. It pushes me, which I don't appreciate at the time but feels pretty good when it's over.
KrazyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #860
jenn-
DIS Veteran

For those that are having problems with the earliest week, I will pass on the sage advice I received many months ago... slow down. When you think you can't possible move any slower and still be considered a run, slow down a bit more. Now you should be lightly jogging. This should help tremendously as you jump from day one to day two, and from week one to week two. I was just feeling good at the end of week one when week two hit me in the face. What I could do for 60 seconds, I couldn't do for 90, so I had to slow down some more. Just remember, you are doing great. You went out for a jog today, which is better than you can say about last week right (for those on week 1 at least).

jenn- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #861
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

I'm starting on Monday! I'm pretty pumped now! (I'll let you know how it is next week) lol

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #862
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

Can someone recommend a good watch/stopwatch so that I can time the intervals? Something that would be relatively easy to deal with while running?

My blog!!

Old 07-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #863
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

Can someone recommend a good watch/stopwatch so that I can time the intervals? Something that would be relatively easy to deal with while running?

My blog!!

Old 07-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #864
mountaineer
Blessed Mom

Doing W4D2 today, wishing it would rain a little so it would be cooler.
mountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:28 AM   #865
Lullabee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
I use the gymboss timer and it works well for me. It is small and easy to use. Hope that helps!
Lullabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #866
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

Awesome thanks! I'll go check that out!

My blog!!

Old 07-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #867
KrazyPete
skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
It's not exactly what you were asking. But I'm using the iPhone/iPod Touch app by Felt Tip.

It lets me know where I am in the current segment and the entire run at a glance. It gives me audio cues to run and walk. It also plays nicely with the music app and Pandora.
KrazyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #868
LadyDi13
Earning My Ears

Just figured I would join in...

I start week 2 tomorrow...week 1 wasn't too bad, but i don't look forward to the intervals increasing. Taking the family to do the "fun run" in January and depending on how training goes i may sign up for the half marathon! we shall see...

Countless trips as a youngster; last family trip 1997 *1998, 2001 offsite (prekids with DH)
*2004 offsite (kids first trip DD only 8 weeks old) *2005 Doubletree DTD *2007 Swan *2008 offsite
*2009 CBR
*2011 POR (trip to celebrate DH living another year) Family Fun Run 1/2 Marathon with DSIL
*2012 (January)Grand Floridian 2nd Marathon Weekend! (November) Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon
*2013 off site celebrating my "not so little" brother's high school graduation!
*2014 Tower of Terror 10 miler combined with 15 year anniversary...no kids trip!
LadyDi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #869
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyPete View Post
It's not exactly what you were asking. But I'm using the iPhone/iPod Touch app by Felt Tip.

It lets me know where I am in the current segment and the entire run at a glance. It gives me audio cues to run and walk. It also plays nicely with the music app and Pandora.
Ah ok well I don't have an iphone but I did get an Ironman Triathalon watch that I was able to set interval timers on and have been using that successfully! Thanks!

My blog!!

Old 08-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #870
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
I attempted to start this program and am having problems from day 1. I feel like such a failure. I think I may have to modify the program for me. Some of the medications I did while on chemo destroyed my lung capacity (long term side effect) so I think it just may take me longer. I could only do 5 of the 8 jogging cycles. I am going to try to make myself eat better, drink more during the day and take a vitamin to see if that helps at least with the dizziness I feel. I really hope I can finish this program within 3 months.

Stephanie-- are you still at it??? I think given your health history you did really well!! You did more on my first day than I did! Please check in and let us know your status!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: