facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #811
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I just wanted to stop in and say, "I'm a C25K graduate!"

Just finished W9D3. I can't believe I am running for 30 minutes straight. I have lost 18 pounds since I started January 21st. This program has really changed my life and I encourage all of you to stick with it. It has been the most empowering experience!
Congrats!!! Have you entered any events?
Old 04-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #812
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmarc View Post
Congrats!!! Have you entered any events?
My husband is currently deployed so I can't do any events until he returns (no one to watch our boys). But, I'm registered for a 10K at the end of October, the WDW half-marathon in January, and I plan on registering for The Race for the Cure 5K in October once they open it up.

Besides, I haven't done any training outside yet so I don't feel quite ready for a race.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #813
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My husband is currently deployed so I can't do any events until he returns (no one to watch our boys). But, I'm registered for a 10K at the end of October, the WDW half-marathon in January, and I plan on registering for The Race for the Cure 5K in October once they open it up.

Besides, I haven't done any training outside yet so I don't feel quite ready for a race.
Awesome! Very ambitious.

I just came in from finishing 3 miles for the first time . Everything felt great...no pain and some energy to spare. But even better, I finished in 35:14 with a 11 minute mile in there! This morning I was wondering if I would be able to complete 3 miles.

I'm ecstatic about the 3 miles, I couldn't even think about a 10K right now. Good for you!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #814
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmarc View Post
Awesome! Very ambitious.

I just came in from finishing 3 miles for the first time . Everything felt great...no pain and some energy to spare. But even better, I finished in 35:14 with a 11 minute mile in there! This morning I was wondering if I would be able to complete 3 miles.

I'm ecstatic about the 3 miles, I couldn't even think about a 10K right now. Good for you!
That's awesome! My goal for now is to slowly increase my speed and hopefully work up to a 10-minute mile pace by the time my husband returns home in 3 - 4 months. I'm not sure it's possible, but we'll see how close I can get.

The 10K has a pretty lenient time allowance so even if I have to walk a lot of it, I'll be okay. And it's a long way off.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #815
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Just finished W9D3. I can't believe I am running for 30 minutes straight. I have lost 18 pounds since I started January 21st. This program has really changed my life and I encourage all of you to stick with it. It has been the most empowering experience!
CONGRATS!!!! Good for you!

I was supposed to do my 2nd 28 min run today but I didn't have it. At all. I ran for 15 minutes and walked the rest. I still went 2.5 miles in 38 minutes but I'd like to be able to run the whole thing. I'll try again on Thursday...

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #816
palmettocharm
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Congratulations!!!! It's a great feeling, isn't it?!?!?!

palmettocharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #817
PiperPizzaz
DIS Veteran

Did w4d2 today. My iphone died so I had to use DHs. I am trying to figure out what I am going to do. I was basically using it as an ipod touch.
Our Family Trips: 05/99-CBR, 06/01 off site, '03 off site, 08/06-CBR, 09/07-POP, 04/08 Disneyland off site, 03/09-POR, 11/09-ASM&BC, 06/10 POP, 11/10 Swan & offsite townhouse, 05-06/11 townhouse, 07/11 Disneyland Paris, 06/12 BC, 10/12 POP
Check out my Disney room!
PiperPizzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #818
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

I struggled with W4 for 2 weeks so this morning I decided to move on to W5. I am going to repeat W5D1 until i feel confident enough to move on to the 8 minute runs. Has anyone else done this? Or do you get to the point where you easily run a particular week and than move on?

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #819
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I didn't think I was ready to move on to week 4 but I did. "Trust the system" It wasn't easy making such a large jump but I did it. I think if you stay in one week too long you will lose your momentum. I'd really like to try W1D1 again ust to see how far I've come.

Pizzaz, I'm supposed to do W4D2 tonight so we are pretty close to each other. (Probably not going to do it tonight due to DBF doing a stress test yesterday.)

I use the podcasts from http://aquestionofperspective.com/c25k/ I find them very helpful. (If the running/walking ques are what you are concerned about.)
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #820
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Hope everyone is doing well. I took off about 3 weeks and I could say that it was because of school, but really I just had no motivation and just didn't do it. I went to a conference last weekend and there was a speaker who talked about how we make excuses for everything and it really hit me hard.

Anyway, I decided to try and run today and got about 2 miles and was sweating so much and I was tired so I decided to stop. I feel so great though and I definitely want to get back on track now! I'm still not going on with the c25k but I figure I'd come here and ask for some recommendations.

Right now I have a zune that I listen to when I run and I have a sportline music holder that I put around my upper arm that holds my zune when I run. Well, it feels like it's cutting off my circulation when I run because I have it on so tight because if I don't it will fall off my arm. I was wondering if any of you knew of something else that I could buy to hold my zune. Zune's are rectangular and larger than ipods, so it's a little harder, but if you had any ideas, that would be great! TIA!

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:04 AM   #821
MaryJ
Believes in Tag Gremlins, not Tag Fairies
Has unstinky Crocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post

Right now I have a zune that I listen to when I run and I have a sportline music holder that I put around my upper arm that holds my zune when I run. Well, it feels like it's cutting off my circulation when I run because I have it on so tight because if I don't it will fall off my arm. I was wondering if any of you knew of something else that I could buy to hold my zune. Zune's are rectangular and larger than ipods, so it's a little harder, but if you had any ideas, that would be great! TIA!
I don't know if this will work for your Zune or not, but this is what I use for my iPhone when I run. I bought mine at the WDW half marathon expo 2 years ago and I love it! It's really stretchy and you really don't even realize you're wearing it, it's so comfortable!

http://www.ifitnessinc.com/
Old 04-27-2010, 08:33 AM   #822
MommyMcQueen
DIS Veteran

Hi! -

I'd love to join - I started C25K a few weeks ago, I'm on W4D2 now. Sunday was my first 5 min run and it was great - I was amazed that I made it through...I was really wondering if I could do it, and really surprised that I could! This was the first time in my adult life that I ever ran 5 minutes straight!!

I've been lurking on this thread since I started the C25K and been really inspired by everyone's progress and success. I've never been a runner and actually always really disliked running because it is so hard. I've been a walker for many years, and I've attempted bits of jogging here and there but never stuck with it...until now. Love this program and I can't believe that I find myself so excited to go and do these runs!
MommyMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #823
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624

I finished! Yay me!

Now I need to figure out what to do next. I don't feel like I am ready to run an actual 5K since I am still finishing a 5K in about 50 minutes with some walking so I guess I need to work on speed.

Anway, I just wanted say Yay me!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #824
PiperPizzaz
DIS Veteran

shmoogrrrl congrats for finishing!!!

OK so between my husband being out of town, bad rainy/cold weather, and now me and my Ds are sick I haven't run in over a week. I did run around the block the other day just to have done something. I think I am going to have to start week 4 over again to get back in the groove. Hopefully I can start tomorrow morning.
Our Family Trips: 05/99-CBR, 06/01 off site, '03 off site, 08/06-CBR, 09/07-POP, 04/08 Disneyland off site, 03/09-POR, 11/09-ASM&BC, 06/10 POP, 11/10 Swan & offsite townhouse, 05-06/11 townhouse, 07/11 Disneyland Paris, 06/12 BC, 10/12 POP
Check out my Disney room!
PiperPizzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #825
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

Mission Compete!

I completed the program ! It took a few extra weeks due to setbacks such as a cold once I started running outside. But I'm currently running 3 miles outside in 34 minutes.

I started like everyone else. Huffing and puffing to run 60 seconds back in February. I was amazed when I could run 5 minutes without stopping and just the thought of running 8 minutes seemed like an eternity. But if you can stay with it, progress comes quickly.

My first 5K race is coming up in a little over three weeks and I feel good about it. I would have never believed it, but at 41 years old I am proud to say "I am a runner".

I'm so looking forward to running around Crescent Lake next month!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: